Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 18:45   #4801
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Shubz, this is the same guy from whom I have got the quotes mentioned below. I found the pricing competitive too and hence wanted to check with all in this thread if the H1 Mini and FXR are worth it.
Some updates on my questions to him.

1) The Morimoto and FX35 are the kinds that can be replaced? If yes, how expensive would that be? Ans) The Morimoto uses the H1 HID bulbs and the FX35 uses the D2S bulbs. They are not like the kind of projectors flourishing in the Indian market which uses only a specific (no model type) bulb. So, even if the bulbs gets fried (have a life span of 2500hrs), you can get the replacement for less price, and I will be supplying you a HID bulb with the retrofit now, so you can be sure all is well!

2) What brand of globes do you use? Philips?

Ans) I am sorry. I dint get the part where you called "brand of globes". If you meant what brand of bulbs, then it is Philips.

3) Do you have pictures of the kind of light it throws at night? (i20 specific)

Ans) I am really sorry. I thought I have already attached the images of i20 projector conversion beam throw. Please find them in this mail(I could only include the low beam, but will try to send you the high beam if my clients sends one).

4) Am sure you would charge shipping charges, so how much?

Ans) It is yet to be looked upon. But you can call your local courier service company to provide the details from and to Cochin.

5) Do I take it to the Hyundai service center to get the H/L's replaced?

Ans) No. You can do it yourself. Being a Team-Bhpian, I believe you can do it and over the phone or mail, I can instruct you. Also i will be labeling/tagging the wiring connections, so nothing goes wrong. Fitting and wiring it is a DIY part.

6) Why don't you have a retail outlet in Bangalore? (kidding)

Ans) A big NOOOOO. I have to let you know that all these mods are being done because I have a craze for them. I love cars. Doing anything out of passion only brings good results and I believe in it, and I do not believe everything would go ok, if I outsource my work. Hope you get it.

so now the question boils down to -- Morimoto or FX-35? what is the difference between the two. I got to know that there are D2S Halogens and D2S HID's -- Light guru's can throw some light on this?

Here is a pic of how the low beam looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-i20-hid-throw-low-beam.jpg  

Old 8th March 2011, 19:14   #4802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Some updates on my questions to him.

so now the question boils down to -- Morimoto or FX-35? what is the difference between the two. I got to know that there are D2S Halogens and D2S HID's -- Light guru's can throw some light on this?

Here is a pic of how the low beam looks like
Some good info there buddy, thanks a lot. Also the answers you go are similar to the one be gave me (Assuming the contact person was Joice), which is reassuring.

My original post was also for this very question, between Morimoto and FX. Mori costs 15k and FX costs 20k for a Punto atleast (I'm sure i20 prices will be close). So could anyone please throw some light on the above question?

BTW, the pic of the low is very tempting . May be we can send the lights for our rides together or something, if all goes well!!

Last edited by Zenster : 8th March 2011 at 19:15.
Old 8th March 2011, 19:14   #4803
Senior - BHPian

^Wow!!! i20 stock lights are nowhere close!!

Fortunately I don't have to drive on roads with no streetlights!

btw I tried to locate 'Mxs motorsports' today, but turns out that their shop isn't there where it shows on google maps and ppl around didnt know anything about it!?

Gonna try Fc-unit next! hopefully find some good projectors there!
These are one thing you just cant buy online without proper inspection(as there aren't any reviews of it either!)
Old 8th March 2011, 19:32   #4804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^Wow!!! i20 stock lights are nowhere close!!

Fortunately I don't have to drive on roads with no streetlights!

btw I tried to locate 'Mxs motorsports' today, but turns out that their shop isn't there where it shows on google maps and ppl around didnt know anything about it!?

Gonna try Fc-unit next! hopefully find some good projectors there!
These are one thing you just cant buy online without proper inspection(as there aren't any reviews of it either!)
Did you try calling Manjit Suri? His number is available on the website.

you are right, There is no point in jumping and buying it online and then later realize that this is not what I wanted.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:12   #4805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Some good info there buddy, thanks a lot. Also the answers you go are similar to the one be gave me (Assuming the contact person was Joice), which is reassuring.

My original post was also for this very question, between Morimoto and FX. Mori costs 15k and FX costs 20k for a Punto atleast (I'm sure i20 prices will be close). So could anyone please throw some light on the above question?

BTW, the pic of the low is very tempting . May be we can send the lights for our rides together or something, if all goes well!!
is the price of 15,000 for Morimoto mini h1 with the original philips hid also included ? is installation extra ?

those looking at fcunit and mxmotosports projectors i would recommend to buy the fxr or mini h1 projector as they have great light output while the other projectors are all show and no go .their projectors are no different from most karol bagh shops . the mini h1 and fx-r projectors are used world wide and its not difficult finding output pics etc on google .

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 8th March 2011 at 22:16.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:40   #4806
Senior - BHPian

^^+1 - I have been googling a bit about this and there is nothing close to the Morimoto / FXR's Am not sure 15000k ones are Mori's or FXR's. Mori/FXR comes up to 20k. Installation extra I guess.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:53   #4807
BHPian

I've been in touch with this dealer in Kerala and the prices quoted above includes the retrofit charges with MH1's or FX-R's.
You might have to do the installation yourself if you are away from the installer. It's not a big deal and could be done in 2 hours max if you are slightly DIY oriented.

Whether the Philips bulbs are original or not is very difficult to tell since there are a lots of fakes around even coming via the so-called authorized distribution channels.

I'd highly suggest visiting the forums and stores of http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and educate yourself before attempting retrofits either by yourself or through an integrator so as to get the best bang for your buck.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 8th March 2011 at 23:00.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:59   #4808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
I've been in touch with this dealer in Kerala and the prices quoted above includes the installation with MH1's or FX-R's.

Whether the Philips bulbs are original or not is very difficult to tell since there are a lots of fakes around even coming via the so-called authorized distribution channels.
How can he install if his shop is in Kerala and I am in Bangalore? If you notice one of my questions to him has been that. I will only get the whole kit along with the wiring diagram and i got to do a DIY But among the three folks I have interacted with, Lightessence guy has been most convincing as he knows his stuff and this is his hobby and not a full time business (I guess)

Last edited by Shubz : 8th March 2011 at 23:40. Reason: more than two smileys.
Old 14th March 2011, 22:07   #4809
Senior - BHPian

Guys, tried searching for this info in some of the last few pages.

I am looking for a H7 HID setup. Need to set it up for my bike. I din't want to go in for the chinese variety as it the 'warm-up' time for a bulb to reach power is bit too much in these kits.

I need something that powers up a bit sooner as I switch between Hi & Lo beams.

EDIT: Looking for something of the 4300K variety. Infact would be good if there were 4000K type kits available too!

Last edited by praful : 14th March 2011 at 22:11.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:13   #4810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post

I am looking for a H7 HID setup. Need to set it up for my bike. I din't want to go in for the chinese variety as it the 'warm-up' time for a bulb to reach power is bit too much in these kits.

EDIT: Looking for something of the 4300K variety. Infact would be good if there were 4000K type kits available too!
Hi, Cold start will be of 5-15 secs delay depends on brands and nowadays almost every kit have this range.

Other than Chinese, you will have a tough time to source, ask for a better quality kit which offers less startup time and 1 year warranty, that's the max you can expect. HID manufacturers are mostly gives 1.5 year warranty to the dealers but that won't be transferred to the end user as they have to consider the stocking period and they love to play safe within the safe limits
Old 15th March 2011, 10:31   #4811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

As Sajjt mentioned, there will be a delay or so called warm up time for all HID's say around 5-10 secs. I use Auto Gauge in my Swift and it's got around 5-10 secs delay. They offer 1 year warranty. Chinese HID's wont have any warranty and is bit risky. I would suggest you to go for branded HID's. Although a bit expensive, it's worth the cash you shell.

The best visible range would be 4300k HID's. You can see the pics and videos by checking my thread.

Cheers.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:02   #4812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Hi, Cold start will be of 5-15 secs delay depends on brands and nowadays almost every kit have this range.

Other than Chinese, you will have a tough time to source, ask for a better quality kit which offers less startup time and 1 year warranty, that's the max you can expect. HID manufacturers are mostly gives 1.5 year warranty to the dealers but that won't be transferred to the end user as they have to consider the stocking period and they love to play safe within the safe limits
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
As Sajjt mentioned, there will be a delay or so called warm up time for all HID's say around 5-10 secs. I use Auto Gauge in my Swift and it's got around 5-10 secs delay. They offer 1 year warranty. Chinese HID's wont have any warranty and is bit risky. I would suggest you to go for branded HID's. Although a bit expensive, it's worth the cash you shell.

The best visible range would be 4300k HID's. You can see the pics and videos by checking my thread.

Cheers.
Since my bike has two different bulbs for Hi and Lo, on highways there are times when I need to use the "pass" light i.e. switch to Hi and then back to Lo. In this time the Lo beam shuts off and Hi turns ON.

For a chinese type HID I have noticed that during this time when the Hi powers up and the Lo switches OFF, there are a few seconds of darkness which is pretty risky. Hence I was looking for something that has a faster powering up time.

PS: Looking to pick something either directly at BLR or Online.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:23   #4813
BHPian

Quote:
Since my bike has two different bulbs for Hi and Lo, on highways there are times when I need to use the "pass" light i.e. switch to Hi and then back to Lo. In this time the Lo beam shuts off and Hi turns ON.

For a chinese type HID I have noticed that during this time when the Hi powers up and the Lo switches OFF, there are a few seconds of darkness which is pretty risky. Hence I was looking for something that has a faster powering up time.

PS: Looking to pick something either directly at BLR or Online.
Praful, I guess its P220 faired, for that either you need to get rid of HID I know its like an addiction or by-pass the switch for a twin light setup when high beam lights up.

Praful, you may contact Rahul for doing this. He's using twin beam setup using HIDs. I hope you know each other.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:06   #4814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Praful, I guess its P220 faired, for that either you need to get rid of HID I know its like an addiction or by-pass the switch for a twin light setup when high beam lights up.

Praful, you may contact Rahul for doing this. He's using twin beam setup using HIDs. I hope you know each other.
Well, I am not running any HID at this point. I've been running a stock setup for the past 65K kms, but its been long pending to get my lights upgraded.

Yes, its the P220 Faired and I know Rahul and his twin beam setup.

In that case if do go for the twin beam thing, then problem of the startup time for the Hi beam is not an issue.

But I still need to find a decent 4300K light or maybe a bit lower, something that's really around 4300K and not branded as 4300K and still looks like 6000K!
Old 15th March 2011, 15:10   #4815
BHPian

i need a light for glovebox battery operated No DIY job, any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks