Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 14:07   #4771
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Hey guys I am getting my swift Vxi next month. I am looking to fit all LED tails for my swift. Any idea about the pricing and where I can get the tail lamps? All help appreciated.

Cheers,
Kaushik
Congrats on your new ride. Now regarding the question, are you looking for the full LED Tails which have circular lights? These are pretty old and they will cost between 7-9k. The new models will be 12k but not full LED's. The new model full LED's are not available in India. They can be sourced rom Taiwan/Malaysia/Singapore for 13k plus duty. Kindly post the pic of the lights you are referring. I have pics of many tails for the swift since am planning to get one.
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:29   #4772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Congrats on your new ride. Now regarding the question, are you looking for the full LED Tails which have circular lights? These are pretty old and they will cost between 7-9k. The new models will be 12k but not full LED's. The new model full LED's are not available in India. They can be sourced rom Taiwan/Malaysia/Singapore for 13k plus duty. Kindly post the pic of the lights you are referring. I have pics of many tails for the swift since am planning to get one.
I am looking for the full LED types. Yes, you got me right they are the circular ones. I am uploading a couple of pics here.

I am looking at both these tail lamps. And could you please upload a pic of the new ones. I haven't seen them around anywhere
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:33   #4773
Distinguished - BHPian

The first one that you had attached is the old model and it's available. The second one is the one am looking for. But I think the one you attached isnt the full LED type. From the pic I see that only the brake light is LED type while indicators and reverse light is normal halogen.

Attaching the pics that am looking for. These are full LED's. Also, I have attached a new model that's hit the Indian Market. I have seen them in Cochin. These are not full LED's but looks cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-swift04ltb.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-swiftledtyc5.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-44ded8e9af7c9a0ecbafb217d4a6edba.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rlszsw05allledjhska.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2011, 16:49   #4774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
You can consider Hella Micro De Fogs which are projectors comes with a pair of H3 12v/55W halogen and wiring harness including relays on a price tag of 4.5K. This is also not vehicle specific model so it can be used on any cars without much modifications.

Attachment 506625

Attachment 506626

Attachment 506627

Exactly what I was looking for. Can these Hella Projectors be fitted on the space provided for a fog in the bumper on a Pajero SFX ? The ones that I have right now are "ornamental" I use those more as daytime driving lights.

Has anyone used them in real time on any car ? How good is the light ? Worth the 5k spent ??

Thanks
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:29   #4775
BHPian

Dear Experts, I need advice or help

My Honda City ZX front left headlight reflector is slightly damaged (one small piece broken and lying inside the headlight). Headlight is working without any issues.

Due to the damage, when the car goes through power wash or when rains heavily there is water vapors seen inside the headlamp clustor. No issues to visibility whatsoever though.

Since I assume the water vapors can damage the reflectors quoting, I want to change the reflectors 'only'. Honda guys will only go for 'full replace' of headlight, that too in pair - which will cost a bomb unnecessarily.

Question is - where in Bangalore I can source Honda City ZX headlight reflectors? I heard somewhere it is available in JC Road area, but any more details of which shop / phone numbers please?. Dont want to go all the way and search around, possibly wont give any results, hence asking.

Any pointers, contacts or advice would be of great help

Cheers narayanang76
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:42   #4776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The first one that you had attached is the old model and it's available. The second one is the one am looking for. But I think the one you attached isnt the full LED type. From the pic I see that only the brake light is LED type while indicators and reverse light is normal halogen.

Attaching the pics that am looking for. These are full LED's. Also, I have attached a new model that's hit the Indian Market. I have seen them in Cochin. These are not full LED's but looks cool.
Yeah, I know those are not full LEDs. But there are models that come with full LEDs in the circular ones I guess (correct me if I am wrong.) Any idea how much the ones that you have listed would cost? I am willing to spend a max of 10-13k on the rear LEDs.

EDIT: OT: @naveen bhai - I've sent you a PM. check it out

Last edited by kaush666 : 2nd March 2011 at 18:46.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:25   #4777

I have just bought a 2010 honda accord 2.4 AT ,

I use this car for highway driving ,

I am not really happy with the way the low beam and the high beam headlights lit up the road.
They already have hallogens 90/100 fitted

Can any one help me with upgrades so that i can get better light ,

I would definetely prefer something which will be like HID effect.

Someone told me to us D2R xenon bulbs , do these bulds fit perfectly in the headlight without damaging the reflectors .
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:52   #4778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Dear Experts, I need advice or help

My Honda City ZX front left headlight reflector is slightly damaged (one small piece broken and lying inside the headlight). Headlight is working without any issues.

Due to the damage, when the car goes through power wash or when rains heavily there is water vapors seen inside the headlamp clustor. No issues to visibility whatsoever though.

Since I assume the water vapors can damage the reflectors quoting, I want to change the reflectors 'only'. Honda guys will only go for 'full replace' of headlight, that too in pair - which will cost a bomb unnecessarily.

Question is - where in Bangalore I can source Honda City ZX headlight reflectors? I heard somewhere it is available in JC Road area, but any more details of which shop / phone numbers please?. Dont want to go all the way and search around, possibly wont give any results, hence asking.

Any pointers, contacts or advice would be of great help

Cheers narayanang76
There's no standard option for replacing reflectors alone as the entire thing comes as a single piece hence the Honda guys are insisting to replace the entire HL assy. But you can replace the reflectors with the help of a good mechanic from a scraped HL reflector of the same make as its easy to source a HL assy with a broken front glass from junk yards. But how did you managed to break your reflector without breaking the front glass And without breaking the front glass how come the water seepage happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincy_30 View Post
I have just bought a 2010 honda accord 2.4 AT ,

I use this car for highway driving ,

I am not really happy with the way the low beam and the high beam headlights lit up the road.
They already have hallogens 90/100 fitted

Can any one help me with upgrades so that i can get better light ,

I would definetely prefer something which will be like HID effect.

Someone told me to us D2R xenon bulbs , do these bulds fit perfectly in the headlight without damaging the reflectors .
Check the stock bulb base (type) Earlier versions use H1 for high beam and D2S HID for Low beam. If the stock low beam bulb is halogen you can upgrade it to HID D2S and definitely it will enhance the low beam intensity.Don't expect the performance of a HID from a higher rated Halogen bulb with near CT.

Also do not upgrade the High beam H1 with HID as you will loose the ability to flash with a HID.

D2S is for Projectors and D2R is for Reflectors.
Old 3rd March 2011, 20:07   #4779
Senior - BHPian

There is this store in Delhi (Karol Bagh) which offers a range of HID lighting and other stuff for cars.

New Arrivals

There is something called Projector Headlight Hyundai i20 Mxs3 Next Generation which is like "unplug your existing H/L assy and fit this in"

Anybody heard of them? Is it really as easy as that? I don't want the motorized globes but want the "dual Filament" thingy. Price quoted is 18k plus shipping. Worth it?
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:53   #4780
Senior - BHPian

I too was looking for projectors for my i20!

I stumbled onto these -

Really great cuz you can change the backlight color with a remote!!

They're based in Delhi too! I've been meaning to go and check them out personally, but spare time is now a luxury I cant seem to afford!! :(

There are others too -

-

I wish I can go over, check them out and hopefully buy em for my baby!
Old 4th March 2011, 01:26   #4781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I too was looking for projectors for my i20!

I stumbled onto these - YouTube - projector lamp for hyundai i-20

Really great cuz you can change the backlight color with a remote!!

They're based in Delhi too! I've been meaning to go and check them out personally, but spare time is now a luxury I cant seem to afford!! :(

There are others too - YouTube - Demon Projector Headlight hyundai i20 by MXSMOTOSPORT.COM

- YouTube - Bi-xenon Projector HeadLight i20 by MXSMOTOSPORT.COM

I wish I can go over, check them out and hopefully buy em for my baby!
Great! I have company now - spares me the effort of flying to delhi to check these out!

Sohail - Whenever you get time, would you mind going over to check the same and let me know if it is worth it? Forget about the light changing etc (too showy for my taste), I am only concerned about a few things like

1) is it really plug n play - remove old H/L and fit these in?
2) Do they have dual filament globes on this or just the mechanical ones?
3) Is there any warranty on the product, return policy?
4) Some pictures of them

Would really appreciate it! Thank you in advance sir ji!
Old 4th March 2011, 10:00   #4782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Yeah, I know those are not full LEDs. But there are models that come with full LEDs in the circular ones I guess (correct me if I am wrong.) Any idea how much the ones that you have listed would cost? I am willing to spend a max of 10-13k on the rear LEDs.

EDIT: OT: @naveen bhai - I've sent you a PM. check it out
The circular ones will come around 7-9k. The other full LED's are not available here. You need to source it from abroad. It will come around 13k excluding duties.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:01   #4783
Senior - BHPian

Sure! will do sir!

btw I inquired about FC-unit's projectors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrdbyfc@gmail.com (lovely singh of FC unit)
projector lamps i-20 @ 15500

projector with col changing effect @ 19500

-----------------------------------------------------
Projector lamps for hyundai i-20 @ 15500/
its with 6 month warranty

For more, feel free to call

Regards
Fc-Unit
These are the generic projector's pic he sent me(the one for 15k) -

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-projector-lamps-hyundai-i20-15500.jpg
Old 4th March 2011, 11:04   #4784
BHPian

Thanks for the info Naveen. I have sent a mail to performance zone regarding the circular tails with Full LEDs. Yet to get any sort of reply from them. I will let you know if I get any news bro. Am looking to settle with the circular one with LEDs for brake and normal bulbs for the parking and reverse as of now.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:59   #4785
BHPian

Hey Guru's, I was looking for retro fitting projectors, HID with Angel Eyes on my Punto Headlights.

Spoke to Joice from Litessence and got a quote for H1 Morimoto Mini for around 15k and FXR Conversion Kit for around 20k. Is this worth the upgrade? I mean price wise, usability, long life, battery load etc.. (since I've not heard of these brands) . I am looking for both the WOW and performance.

Please help

Most Viewed