Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 18:39   #12271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aastiksaluja View Post
Appreciate your response. Question for Hella lights- Do I need an extra fitment to change these- like a bullbar? Won't an extra fitment raise red flags with authority? If there are any links to what I need, I would be grateful. Thanks!
The installers will fit it with a metal bracket through your grill, only the lights will be visible outside. As long as they are covered in the city and they are not above your headlights, you wont get stopped. You can remove the covers when you reach the highway.

This link has some of the fitments. The kit from Hella contains all the necessary bits , except the brackets which the installers will fit as needed.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-lamps-20.html (Auxiliary Lamps)
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 01:44   #12272
BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate your response. Question for Hella lights- Do I need an extra fitment to change these- like a bullbar? Won't an extra fitment raise red flags with authority? If there are any links to what I need, I would be grateful. Thanks!
Yes! I have been stopped by Highway Police on two occasions - during the day - for my Hella fog lamps which were below headlight level and covered with their original plastic covers.

Police all over India are finding new ways to quote the MV Act and extract money out of motorists as traffic cameras have taken away their daily income.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 09:05   #12273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My current LED Setup cost 8K for both LEDs from a local vendor. The LED is not a reputed name like OSRAM or MORIMOTO but the dealer gave me three years warranty on the 7400K and one year on the smaller one.
I have not come across 7400K bulbs, usually its around 6K. Anyways higher the value more blue content the light will have and more scattering you will get. I had gone through same experience on my XUV where LEDs in high beam are literally useless on a highway with nice black tar roads or in rains. So I stuck to LEDs for fogs and high beams and switched to OSRAM night breakers for high beam. That has been the best combinations and safe too.

On my other thread there is lot of discussion around this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...grades-15.html (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)
supertinu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 15:29   #12274
BANNED

Is there any HID or LED or any other "Plug n Play" kind of option for reflector type headlights which I can buy and swap with currently installed Halogens (Osram 100/90, not Night breakers) which considerably improves luminance and throw?
Old 12th January 2022, 21:42   #12275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya View Post
Is there any HID or LED or any other "Plug n Play" kind of option for reflector type headlights which I can buy and swap with currently installed Halogens (Osram 100/90, not Night breakers) which considerably improves luminance and throw?
To put it as short as possible, no. I have tried various bulbs and the output of a good 100/90 halogen bulb is unbeatable with any other replacement bulb be it LED or HID. With either you can expect improvement in beam spread, but intensity will suffer.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 18:22   #12276
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
To put it as short as possible, no. I have tried various bulbs and the output of a good 100/90 halogen bulb is unbeatable with any other replacement bulb be it LED or HID. With either you can expect improvement in beam spread, but intensity will suffer.
So which Halogen lamps should I use to improve throw and luminance enough to stand against current gen. Projectors and LEDs which almost blind me every time I drive in the night.
Old 14th January 2022, 15:36   #12277
BHPian

Hi People, I want to upgrade my new creta Ex 2021 head lights. Stock halogens to me are of no use and seems that my car is being driven without lights at night. Since car already has projectors in place, do not wish to go with LED. Checked for HID ( OSRAM 4200k Premium costs 8500 Rs in Delhi ) and honestly find it expensive to my budget. Now, what other alternates i can look for:

1) 100/90W halogens upgrade. However, to my understanding - requires relay and consumes high resources which might not good for the car system in long and also with time makes the head lights glass yellow.

2) 60W osram night breaker laser halogen upgrade, same wattage as of stock halogens.

Looking forward to hear some valuable suggestions and guidance.

Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 15:50   #12278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepesh Goel View Post
Hi People, I want to upgrade my new creta Ex 2021 head lights. Stock halogens to me are of no use and seems that my car is being driven without lights at night. Since car already has projectors in place, do not wish to go with LED. Checked for HID ( OSRAM 4200k Premium costs 8500 Rs in Delhi ) and honestly find it expensive to my budget. Now, what other alternates i can look for:

1) 100/90W halogens upgrade. However, to my understanding - requires relay and consumes high resources which might not good for the car system in long and also with time makes the head lights glass yellow.

2) 60W osram night breaker laser halogen upgrade, same wattage as of stock halogens.

Looking forward to hear some valuable suggestions and guidance.

Thanks
Honestly in my opinion you should just forget everything else - High watt halogens / LED and go with HIDs directly.
HIDs are the only direct replacement which will give you substantial improvement in the light levels and also maintain the beam quality.
In my Jeep Compass, which had halogen projectors , I had tried 4 different LED types before finally going with HIDs in 4200 K - they are a huge jump up.

If you want a slightly cheaper but good quality solution, you can go for Uglare HIDs - their website is Uglare.com and many people in our Jeep Group are also using their HID kits. I have also bought HID bulbs from him in the past. They are based in Noida and the owner Abhishek is a pretty nice guy.

With regards to 100/90 W halogens, in projector housings, the space is very less inside and it will lead to a lot of heat buildup and may be a fire hazard.

So just take the plunge for the HIDs in 4200K - it is a one time investment which will easily last 4-5 years (The HID bulbs also don't fuse easy and last upto 3000 hrs of operation).

Few things you must take care when the installation is done:

1) Get the Rubber gaskets sealed properly with High temperature silicone to prevent any moisture entry in the headlight units

2) Ensure that all wires are clamped properly and do not touch any hot parts

3) You will not need a relay kit and the HID kits of 35W can be put in directly on the Cars existing wiring without any issues

4) Make sure you do it through a good installer

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th January 2022 at 15:53.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 18:57   #12279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Honestly in my opinion you should just forget everything else - High watt halogens / LED and go with HIDs directly.
HIDs are the only direct replacement which will give you substantial improvement in the light levels and also maintain the beam quality.
In my Jeep Compass, which had halogen projectors , I had tried 4 different LED types before finally going with HIDs in 4200 K - they are a huge jump up.

If you want a slightly cheaper but good quality solution, you can go for Uglare HIDs - their website is Uglare.com and many people in our Jeep Group are also using their HID kits. I have also bought HID bulbs from him in the past. They are based in Noida and the owner Abhishek is a pretty nice guy.

With regards to 100/90 W halogens, in projector housings, the space is very less inside and it will lead to a lot of heat buildup and may be a fire hazard.

So just take the plunge for the HIDs in 4200K - it is a one time investment which will easily last 4-5 years (The HID bulbs also don't fuse easy and last upto 3000 hrs of operation).

Few things you must take care when the installation is done:

1) Get the Rubber gaskets sealed properly with High temperature silicone to prevent any moisture entry in the headlight units

2) Ensure that all wires are clamped properly and do not touch any hot parts

3) You will not need a relay kit and the HID kits of 35W can be put in directly on the Cars existing wiring without any issues

4) Make sure you do it through a good installer

Thank-you for the advice, appreciate it! I think you are right i should look for a practical proposition rather than something that would cheap on pocket now and only to make deep cut in longer run.

I stay in Noida, so by any chance any lead for a reliable installer around it would be very helpful
Old 14th January 2022, 19:56   #12280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank-you for the advice, appreciate it! I think you are right i should look for a practical proposition rather than something that would cheap on pocket now and only to make deep cut in longer run.

I stay in Noida, so by any chance any lead for a reliable installer around it would be very helpful

You can try World of Service in Sec-67 Noida. I have heard lot of good things about them from the people staying in Noida.

There is also a thread on them on TBHP

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...-63-noida.html (Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida))

(Though they have now shifted to Sec-67 now)

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th January 2022 at 20:02.
Old 14th January 2022, 20:40   #12281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
You can try World of Service in Sec-67 Noida. I have heard lot of good things about them from the people staying in Noida.

There is also a thread on them on TBHP

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...-63-noida.html (Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida))

(Though they have now shifted to Sec-67 now)
yeah i also heard of them. Let me check with them and will update in here post the upgrade. Thank you Behemoth..
Old 15th January 2022, 08:29   #12282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Bhpians, I want to upgrade my creta EX 2021 head lights to a better luminance and throw. Current stock halogens are of no use and at night it seems that car is being driven without the lights. Since car has projectors in place , do not want go for LED and HID ( OSRAM PREMIUM 4200k costs 8500 Rs ) - i find them expensive for me. I need suggestions on what other alternates i can look for:
I dont think you can upgrade wattage in the projector since the bulb type is not H4 and finding higher wattage bulbs in other bulb types is also tricky. Moreover the projector would also get affected due to the extra heat generated and thereby cause greater expenses. Instead look out for HID kits from OSRAM or Phillips running at a discount on Amazon and purchase them. You should manage to get it for 4-5k if not lesser. The only disadvantage I see with OSRAM, at least the one I had purchased sometime ago was these ballasts don't come with quick start capability. Hence it would take time for the bulb to become fully bright which will affect flashing headlights when they are off. To solve this, another alternative is to contact some importer like blaze India etc and buy a HID Kit with quick start ballasts.
Old 15th January 2022, 11:31   #12283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I dont think you can upgrade wattage in the projector since the bulb type is not H4 and finding higher wattage bulbs in other bulb types is also tricky. Moreover the projector would also get affected due to the extra heat generated and thereby cause greater expenses. Instead look out for HID kits from OSRAM or Phillips running at a discount on Amazon and purchase them. You should manage to get it for 4-5k if not lesser. The only disadvantage I see with OSRAM, at least the one I had purchased sometime ago was these ballasts don't come with quick start capability. Hence it would take time for the bulb to become fully bright which will affect flashing headlights when they are off. To solve this, another alternative is to contact some importer like blaze India etc and buy a HID Kit with quick start ballasts.
Yes finding HB3 high wattage a little tricky but somehow i had managed to get it. However, i'm now planning for HID only and tried to look online (Amazon, Boodmo & Flipkart) but no where could find it. I have been quoted 8500 for OSRAM 35wat HID premium in delhi offline, how good is that for a deal.?

Also, have you by any chance heard of AUTODROME, they are selling same model for 7300 online but i'm skeptical about the genuinity.
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:22   #12284
BHPian

Quote:
Hi People, I want to upgrade my new creta Ex 2021 head lights.
Dear Bhpians,

I'm looking for a headlight upgrade in my Creta E 2020 model as well. Any leads on good accessory shops in bangalore or chennai?
Old 5th February 2022, 16:28   #12285
BHPian

My query is not about head lights or so but it is about having a small battery operated light in the glove box. Many cars don't have a glove box light. I want to ask if anyone knows of a small battery operated light which maybe we can stick inside glove back and it operates using some sort of push or so and lights up the glove box.

Similarly, a light which can be used inside the boot to light up the boot too.

Most Viewed