Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2019, 14:15   #211
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvliner22 View Post
Hi,
Thank you for the inputs. I think changing to 100w bulbs without relay would cause an excessive strain on the battery. Please correct me if I am wrong.
It has been 3 days since I have started using 100w bulbs without relay on my 2005 elantra. No issues.

Try purchasing philips extreme vision headlight bulbs, should cost about 500rs per bulb.

Alternatively, osram nightbreakers bulbs are also good.

For led, try Philips Ultinon.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th July 2019 at 15:08. Reason: Ultion > Ultinon.
Shashwat B is offline  
Old 7th July 2019, 16:08   #212
BHPian
 
Revvliner22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Thane
Posts: 28
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashwat B View Post
It has been 3 days since I have started using 100w bulbs without relay on my 2005 elantra. No issues.

Try purchasing philips extreme vision headlight bulbs, should cost about 500rs per bulb.

Alternatively, osram nightbreakers bulbs are also good.

For led, try Philips Ultinon.
Hey,
I will surely check all the halogen and led bulbs you have suggested. Thank you for advising me on this issue.
Revvliner22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 21:49   #213
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Bijnor/Delhi
Posts: 84
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Hello
After doing some research here, I found out that CSP LED bulbs are somewhat fine with reflector headlights so I decided to give it a try in my Tiago XZA. I am attaching images clicked using my OnePlus 6 in auto mode, please tell me on how is the pattern and spread. Also, let me know how I can improve it.
Link to product- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32886642771.html

High Beam
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20190816_213342.jpg
Low Beam
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20190816_213347.jpg
No light
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20190816_213352.jpg
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 15:13   #214
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

I'm evaluating options for my Ecosport (Facelift). To be honest, I'm happy with the current H7 Low / H1 High setup on the new Ecosport but high-beam driving is rampant in our city and its just impossible to see the road ahead.

Keeping aside the discussions of who is blinding who, I was looking at the following options to upgrade only the high beam (H1) and if suggested also the low beam (H7):

https://www.amazon.in/autobahn-Headl...07JNTJG31?th=1


https://www.amazon.in/H1-Headlights-.../dp/B077HP4KM2

Has anyone tried any of those brands, especially with Ecosport?

Considering its a CSP chip, many review point towards a more uniform and usable beam pattern. Should I take the plunge?

Last edited by aah78 : 8th October 2019 at 17:30. Reason: Links fixed.
jagzrk is offline  
Old 24th September 2019, 15:45   #215
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: KA 53/KL 9
Posts: 279
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

I was trying with the LED headlights in my Scorpio, and I had the following observations.

My Scorpio 2010 SLe comes with 60/55 H4 halogens bulbs. With halogens, if we switch on the headlights, within few seconds, the headlight glass outer part starts getting heated up. In one occasion, when I was trying to remove some particle on the glass surface, got a mild heat burn also on my skin. So its really getting heated up there in the stock lights itself.

However when I was doing some trials with LED lights, Beam Tech H4 lights sourced from USA, I found even after continuously running for few hours, the external glass surface of the headlights is not heated up and remain cool.

I just want to share this observation as another potential benefit from moving to LED lights, maybe others have also noted these before.

Cheers,
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 17:52   #216
BHPian
 
rave20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Made below modifications to my Beast
- P8 HID for Projector
- Osram Night breaker for high beam
- Hella Rallye 3003
- White LED for Fog lamps

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-whatsapp-image-20190926-21.18.09.jpeg
rave20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 13:35   #217
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 280
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Iíd recently upgrade my Rapidís low beam projector and high beam to p6 LED H7 6000K. After the swap, in the bright mode the centre portion of the road is not lightened up. What might be the cause? Is it normal with LED?
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-3bec3c5144284edeaefba01820860a37.jpeg  

nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 19:11   #218
Newbie
 
Adrian Stephens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Hello
After doing some research here, I found out that CSP LED bulbs are somewhat fine with reflector headlights so I decided to give it a try in my Tiago XZA. I am attaching images clicked using my OnePlus 6 in auto mode, please tell me on how is the pattern and spread. Also, let me know how I can improve it.
Link to product- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32886642771.html

High Beam
Attachment 1905772
Low Beam
Attachment 1905773
No light
Attachment 1905774
Hello Shivam,

The light throw looks good on the low beams ...
Just a query - can you check and confirm that when you use your high beams do all the LED chips light up or does only the 4 chips at the back light up ? Tks in advance ...
Adrian Stephens is offline  
Old 4th November 2019, 22:40   #219
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Bijnor/Delhi
Posts: 84
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Stephens View Post
Hello Shivam,

The light throw looks good on the low beams ...
Just a query - can you check and confirm that when you use your high beams do all the LED chips light up or does only the 4 chips at the back light up ? Tks in advance ...
Only the chips at back.
shivamk11 is offline  
Old 13th November 2019, 13:03   #220
BHPian
 
satishv1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 258 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
Made below modifications to my Beast
- P8 HID for Projector
- Osram Night breaker for high beam
- Hella Rallye 3003
- White LED for Fog lamps

Attachment 1918671
Did you pick up the Osram Nightbreaker H4 which costs 1.9k a piece? How has it been so far? What about the fog lamps? Which brand are you using?

I am planning to upgrade the high beam and the fog lamps in my 2011 XUV. I would really appreciate some inputs.
satishv1987 is offline  
Old 13th November 2019, 23:28   #221
BHPian
 
rave20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
Did you pick up the Osram Nightbreaker H4 which costs 1.9k a piece? How has it been so far? What about the fog lamps? Which brand are you using?

I am planning to upgrade the high beam and the fog lamps in my 2011 XUV. I would really appreciate some inputs.
Osram Nightbreakers are great. They provide good visibility. Most of the times this is sufficient.

Fog lamps, I don't remember the brand right now.
rave20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 07:15   #222
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,483
Thanked: 2,667 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
Did you pick up the Osram Nightbreaker H4 which costs 1.9k a piece? How has it been so far? What about the fog lamps? Which brand are you using?

I am planning to upgrade the high beam and the fog lamps in my 2011 XUV. I would really appreciate some inputs.
I have used Osram Nightbreakers in all forms for many years.

Honestly the light improvement is only marginal - 10% at best. The Nightbreakers use a smaller higher temperature filament which gives you a brighter beam hot spot but the beam width reduces. The only real improvement you can get is with Hid bulbs. I am using HID 35W with 42w canbus drivers on both my Jeep Compass as well as My Skoda Laura and the difference in light is 2.5 x vs standard. The beam focus and spread are also perfect . I had also tried lots of LED options too but none of them have the correct beam spread and there is no improvement in light output.

So if you seriously need a good upgrade, get Hid 35w in 4300K CCT. HIDs work best in projectors though and I don't recommend them for reflector headlights.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2020 at 11:26. Reason: Spacing
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 10:59   #223
BHPian
 
satishv1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 258 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
So if you seriously need a good upgrade, get Hid 35w in 4300K CCT. HIDs work best in projectors though and I don't recommend them for reflector headlights.
I already have HID 35w in the projectors. The reflectors (high beam) is what I am looking to upgrade. The stock XUV bulbs are quite bad. The throw of the high beam is poor. What would you suggest to improve the high beam?

Last edited by satishv1987 : 14th November 2019 at 11:08. Reason: Added a question
satishv1987 is offline  
Old 14th November 2019, 14:44   #224
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Iíd recently upgrade my Rapidís low beam projector and high beam to p6 LED H7 6000K. After the swap, in the bright mode the centre portion of the road is not lightened up. What might be the cause? Is it normal with LED?
The lights are not aligned properly. I'm not sure if in the above photo you have switched on both the high beam and the low beam , but irrespective of that we can see a lot of shadows. One of the reasons would be that the bulbs are not aligned. The LED's should be in positioned to the 3'o Clock. The manual should throw more light on it.

The circled area should have the hot spot of your low beam.
arundeepbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 18:26   #225
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 280
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
The lights are not aligned properly. I'm not sure if in the above photo you have switched on both the high beam and the low beam , but irrespective of that we can see a lot of shadows. One of the reasons would be that the bulbs are not aligned. The LED's should be in positioned to the 3'o Clock. The manual should throw more light on it.

The circled area should have the hot spot of your low beam.
The pic is with both the high and low beam in on position. But my low is projector whereas high is normal halogen but both led bulbs are same. The guys checked once gain but couldnít correct the right alignment.
Projector- low beam
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-8ed91a905be649668d1720e867f09a71.jpeg
Projector with high
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-14e267aa6a6047a69acf716f249df27d.jpeg
Light throw with only projector
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-dda76015fd3c4991972b64b5fe9a55d6.jpeg
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks