Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2021, 09:07   #316
BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker_of_things View Post
Have you changed the high beam too?
I am still running Osram Night breakers in the high beam. Considering how these H7 LED's are performing, I would definitely want to upgrade the H1's too.

They seem to be out of stock as of today on Amazon. Will keep hunting.
Old 16th January 2021, 19:39   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
DO you have a link for the high beams? Can you DM that to me? I've been searching for that too, but couldn't find it.
Old 17th January 2021, 01:55   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi,
Some of you wanted to see Pics of my Bike with the H4 Led headlight bulb in installed condition. Here they are. (However I don't have any pics of the Halogen Bulbs and these are only with the 4300K LED Bulbs Installed)
Hi, can you please share the link of the ones which you got installed on the Jawa? I am looking for 2wheelers and the few I found on aliexpress are showing 5-8 times shipping cost to the led!
Old 31st January 2021, 19:05   #319

Hi, want to upgrade my Kia seltos HTE projector headlights to HID / LED Bulbs, would like to know which of them are better, in terms of

1. Light throw
2. Spread
3. Reliability

Seltos owners who had already done this upgrade can advise on this.
Old 31st January 2021, 19:33   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
Hi, can you please share the link of the ones which you got installed on the Jawa? I am looking for 2wheelers and the few I found on aliexpress are showing 5-8 times shipping cost to the led!
This is the one I am using on my Jawa 42 in 4300k. It is very good and has proper beam throw and light output.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000362817738.html
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 10:32   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker_of_things View Post
DO you have a link for the high beams? Can you DM that to me? I've been searching for that too, but couldn't find it.
Here you go! They are in stock now.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08L958XW7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
eagle_bush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 18:45   #322

Hi!
I was considering changing the stock halogens in XUV 300 W8 diesel. I have a few apprehensions though..
1. Is it legal in India to swap the bulbs with LEDs?
2. Is the change worth it?
3. I was considering philips xtreme ultinons. Are they better than the halogens?

Any XUV 300 owners who have tried and tested may pls enlighten!!
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-philips-india.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2021, 01:12   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefosi View Post
Guys please avoid buying from Autobahn. They don't honour warranty on the products. I bought one set of led bulbs from them in may 2018 with 2 year warranty and both the bulbs have conked off. First they asked me to send the video of the bulbs switched on, which I did in January 2020 and now they are refusing to replace the bulbs.
They are telling me as per our policy if there is a defect within 15 mnths we replace it and after that we only give 50% of the purchase price. At the time of buying the bulb they didn't have any such policy and 2 yrs warranty is clearly mentioned without any riders.
Extremely unprofessional people and the guys handling the sales/customer service are extremely arrogant and rude specially Mr.Salman with whom I was dealing.
In fact before buying from them I read the warranty policy and it said exactly that. I don't know if it was different when you bought. I found the H4 f5 20000lm bulbs for trial for my new facelift Dzire and found the beam to be better than expected. The low beam has a good cut off and the high beam is good enough that people give you way and lower their beams too which I experienced in a 15 mins test drive. I also tried standing in front of the car with both beams at around 20 ft or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20210321_000759.jpg  

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20210321_000746.jpg  

Old 9th April 2021, 11:02   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Want to upgrade the lights on 3 of my vehicles so suggestions will be welcome.

1) my Kia Seltos htx + (has an led set up but I think it's 6k), drove the car at night in a national highway and in pouring rain, it was as good as non existent and I want to change this. Please can you advise on this?
Didnt see anyone answer this. I think its very difficult to change the factory setup as LEDs are custom designed by OEMs. Adding extra lights might be the only way. 6K LEDs scatter the most and worst option for high beams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
I am still running Osram Night breakers in the high beam. Considering how these H7 LED's are performing, I would definitely want to upgrade the H1's too.

Did you finally upgrade high beam to LED? happy with result?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS09SRITOG View Post
Hi, want to upgrade my Kia seltos HTE projector headlights to HID / LED Bulbs, would like to know which of them are better, in terms of

1. Light throw
2. Spread
3. Reliability

If its a single projector for hi/lo then better use HiDs and not LEDs. You will get better and higher lumens with HiD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindgrathore View Post
Hi!
I was considering changing the stock halogens in XUV 300 W8 diesel. I have a few apprehensions though..
1. Is it legal in India to swap the bulbs with LEDs?
2. Is the change worth it?
3. I was considering philips xtreme ultinons. Are they better than the halogens?

Any XUV 300 owners who have tried and tested may pls enlighten!!
Read my original post starting this thread, it will address most of your queries about whether its worth it and options. As for legality as per the law any mods from what OEM gave, is not allowed. So technically i believe LED upgrade can be treated as illegal by RTO. But so far havnt been challaned yet
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 12:34   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS09SRITOG View Post

1. Light throw
2. Spread
3. Reliability

I have HIDs installed on my HTK+ variant and it has been a nice experience. It was the most important and best upgrade done so far.

For points #1 & #2, to avoid reposts of the same pics, I have shared a few posts of mine where you can see the light throw and spread on dry roads as well as wet ones.

Regarding #3, it is too early for me to comment. I have been using this setup for the past 7.5 months and 14k kms, so far no issues.

Dry road
Post 1

Wet road
Post 2

Wet road
Post 3

Dry road
Post 4 (Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore)

Post 5

I have a 55W kit with 5500k bulbs. Must say the lights are very powerful and the reflection of my own light from the vehicle in front or a signboard is tiring at times, if I am using high beam. I prefer using the low beam most of the times and it is more than adequate.

Last edited by ashis89 : 9th April 2021 at 12:36.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 01:34   #326
BHPian

Can anyone suggest light upgrade options for the new Thar. It has H4 in the headlights and H16( same as H11) in the fog lamps.

I am confused if I should go in for 25W Osram 6000k led lights as a bulb replacement (getting them for Rs 3200 a pair) or should I opt for Chinese 7 inch designer headlights which are supposed to be 105/110 watts and have led projectors(8-11k for a pair). As far as I have researched, the Chinese headlights are only for the looks and don't have good performance on the road.

I considered using a pair of H11 Osram 4300k (my preferred color temperature) HIDs I have from my previous car but as per my local electrician they will melt the fog light housings so they are out.

I want good looks and performance but don't wish to break the bank doing it.Any suggestions?
Old 27th April 2021, 11:16   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaky_blinder View Post
Can anyone suggest light upgrade options for the new Thar. It has H4 in the headlights and H16( same as H11) in the fog lamps.

I am confused if I should go in for 25W Osram 6000k led lights as a bulb replacement (getting them for Rs 3200 a pair) or should I opt for Chinese 7 inch designer headlights which are supposed to be 105/110 watts and have led projectors(8-11k for a pair). As far as I have researched, the Chinese headlights are only for the looks and don't have good performance on the road.

I considered using a pair of H11 Osram 4300k (my preferred color temperature) HIDs I have from my previous car but as per my local electrician they will melt the fog light housings so they are out.

I want good looks and performance but don't wish to break the bank doing it.Any suggestions?
I have run HID's in fog lamp reflector housing. Yes, the reflector fades over a period of few years. But the bigger problem is the light scatter. It affects the oncoming traffic. Suggest you stick to LED's for log lamps. Color temperature matters less for fogs since the area they illuminate is pretty less. You can go with the Osram.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 14:07   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaky_blinder View Post
Do try the Morimoto X2 HiD's full kit. They have a brilliant throw & are worth every penny spent. I have used them for 15+ yrs now (on my Santro Xing, Fiesta, Climber, Ninja) & am thinking of putting them on my Compass too. HiD's, in my opinion are better suitable for all-weather kinda driving / riding.
Old 31st May 2021, 09:47   #329
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone guide on how good are Nighteye LED's.

I want to change the head light halogens in my TUV300 to LED's. Have seen some reviews on youtube about Nighteye LED but still have doubts.

If anyone has changed headlights in TUV to LED's pls share your insights.

Thanks.
Old 31st May 2021, 10:46   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi,

Can anyone guide on how good are Nighteye LED's.

I want to change the head light halogens in my TUV300 to LED's. Have seen some reviews on Youtube about Nighteye LED but still have doubts.

If anyone has changed headlights in TUV to LED's pls share your insights.

Thanks.
Nighteyes are not good enough for headlights. They are low output led lights suitable generally only for fog lights.
For headlights you need high output led lights (with fan). The Osram Led headlight bulbs are pretty good, but they are Cool White.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08L8W7GBZ/...164FW28N34DN50

Last edited by Behemoth : 31st May 2021 at 10:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks