Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 23:47   #12406
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Can you share the details as i was also planning to get HID in my vehicle.Appreciate your response.
PM'ed you his contact as I'm not sure if it is against the policy of sharing a vendors contact on the forum.
kesh4munni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 09:45   #12407
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
I had an independent light technician (ex- automotive expert employee) and who practices independently now verify what you mentioned - chinese rebranded lights sold at a premium.

I just bought my HID's and IPH fog lights from blaze india and got it installed by him. He did a great job installing it at my home in my garage.

I've had a poor experience with the proprietor of Automotive lighting experts too - snobbish attitude with a false pretence of catering to the elite.
Wow, that's not surprising, is it? Considering that India depends on China for most (not sure about the percentage) of the electronics, I couldn't believe that FE retrofit could manage to have a company producing LED lights here in India. And looking at the inconsistencies of the product info on manual and box, one can easily conclude what they do for high profits! I only remember a similar story from some years back, where someone became a billionaire selling Chinese door knobs similarly in India!
Goandiaries is offline  
Old 22nd September 2022, 12:53   #12408
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,929
Thanked: 5,185 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Wow, that's not surprising, is it? Considering that India depends on China for most (not sure about the percentage) of the electronics, I couldn't believe that FE retrofit could manage to have a company producing LED lights here in India. And looking at the inconsistencies of the product info on manual and box, one can easily conclude what they do for high profits! I only remember a similar story from some years back, where someone became a billionaire selling Chinese door knobs similarly in India!
Well it's not very surprising as China is the manufacturing hub for the world for cars as well as electronics. Even the best known brands like Philips and Osram never made their HID kits/ LED bulbs in India and they were made in their China factories or even by third party vendors in China. I have been part of the Lighting industry for quite a long time and even now the competence for large scale manufacturing of lighting electronics in India is still very limited. The only manufacturers who are doing LED headlight manufacturing in India are people like Lumax and Minda , but their solutions too are only for full headlights or taillights.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 00:22   #12409
BHPian
 
Tuisha110HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: NEW DELHI
Posts: 92
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
I am not sure how these "experts" come well recommended on this forum.

Completely agree with your points here. I have suffered a lot and the so-called warranty is useless when you want to claim them. Anton, the owner suggest HIDs in high beams for my Skoda Rapid, quoting the fact that the ballast from FE retrofit are fast ballast and won't harm battery or ballast when you use dipper. Not sure how to believe this statement!

You can read more from my updates here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5134802 (24000 km with a Czech Beauty | My Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI)
Tuisha110HP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 13:14   #12410
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 815
Thanked: 417 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Re-posting this query since i did not get any reply in the venue thread.

Folks - Have any of you upgraded the halogen headlights on your Venue to something far better (Phillips, Osram etc.). If so, please let me know the spec and what fits directly into the socket without doing any wiring harness etc. Or if you think a LED or something else is better, let me know the spec for that as well. Am not sure the if the headlight type is reflector or projector.

The current halogen set up is very poor and extremely difficult to drive in the nights. Thanks in advance.
NFS2024 is offline  
Old 29th September 2022, 22:06   #12411
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 170 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunreddym View Post
For those looking for a high wattage LED, below is what I suggest, I chose this over Osram, philips and bosch:

Blaupunkt Car LED V19 PRO HP H8-H16-H11 High Power LED Bulb - Velocity Series https://amzn.eu/d/gIjDuXp

Note: if you are unable to find your specific holder, pl go the sellers page and browse through their products as searching on Amzon isn't showing on results
I installed the same in my Tata zest New Headlight (projector low beam set) Not as good as you expect. Cut-off is blurry and light throw not so good. Had to use my fog projector with Aozoom 3 colour led bulbs with highway driving from Bangalore to Bilaspur.
ASHUJNMC is offline  
Old 29th September 2022, 22:08   #12412
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 170 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Re-posting this query since i did not get any reply in the venue thread.

Folks - Have any of you upgraded the halogen headlights on your Venue to something far better (Phillips, Osram etc.). If so, please let me know the spec and what fits directly into the socket without doing any wiring harness etc. Or if you think a LED or something else is better, let me know the spec for that as well. Am not sure the if the headlight type is reflector or projector.

The current halogen set up is very poor and extremely difficult to drive in the nights. Thanks in advance.
Easiest upgrade will be Philips Xtreme vision or Osram NBU.

Which is the type of housing? Reflector vs Projector? Single barrel vs dual barrel?
ASHUJNMC is offline  
Old 30th September 2022, 08:42   #12413
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,868
Thanked: 4,819 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Blaupunkt products have no in house R&D. They are just rebranded Chinese products. May work for some headlights or may not. The brand is not it was a decade or two ago.

Stick to Philips, Osram in India. They have some R&D and quality backing. Even they may not work on all headlamps , however the probability of working is high.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 30th September 2022 at 08:43.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 11:35   #12414
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 716
Thanked: 609 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
Easiest upgrade will be Philips Xtreme vision or Osram NBU.

Which is the type of housing? Reflector vs Projector? Single barrel vs dual barrel?
Hi,

My 2 paisa worth....

Sorry to say that I have tried Philips X Vision and Osram Night Breakers. The improvement in lighting is about 10 to 15% maximum. It's just not worth the high cost of the bulbs.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 11:41   #12415
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 716
Thanked: 609 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi Guys,

Has anyone here used "Vaishnu" Auxiliary lights? If so, some feedback would be much appreciated. I have used their wiring harness to upgrade my headlights and the quality was way better than Hella or Philips. Been using it for about 8 months now. All their stuff is "Made in India". Now thinking of fitting Aux lights so would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline  
Old 1st October 2022, 12:52   #12416
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 711 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

Has anyone here used "Vaishnu" Auxiliary lights? If so, some feedback would be much appreciated. I have used their wiring harness to upgrade my headlights and the quality was way better than Hella or Philips. Been using it for about 8 months now. All their stuff is "Made in India". Now thinking of fitting Aux lights so would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
SS
They are fantastic at 1/4th the price of foreign brands! I use them on my Gypsy - a real life-saver in hilly terrain and highways and in rainy conditions. Great overtaking lights as well - Trucks instantly swerve to let me pass when I flash them from 50mtrs behind. I've posted a brief review earlier in multiple threads. Do search for them.

Last edited by Ragul : 1st October 2022 at 12:54.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 00:18   #12417
BHPian
 
VinodDevil81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KL
Posts: 246
Thanked: 370 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Can we install CANBUS error-free LED headlight bulbs (bulbs that have a canbus decoder/adapter) on non-CANBUS cars?
Or should we specifically buy non-canbus type LED bulbs for cars that do not have the CANBUS system?

Currently, I am looking to buy LED headlight bulbs for 2022 model Ertiga.
I believe Ertiga is non-CANBUS type, (correct me if I'm wrong) and so if I use a CANBUS compatible LED bulb in Ertiga, will it be alright?

I have read somewhere that the CANBUS compatibility is achieved by adding a series of built-in resistors.
So will it cause any additional power-consumption or heat generation in a non-CANBUS car?

Experts please advice.
VinodDevil81 is online now  
Old 2nd October 2022, 09:52   #12418
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,929
Thanked: 5,185 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Can we install CANBUS error-free LED headlight bulbs (bulbs that have a canbus decoder/adapter) on non-CANBUS cars?
Or should we specifically buy non-canbus type LED bulbs for cars that do not have the CANBUS system?


Experts please advice.
Not an issue at all. canbus Leds will work fine with non-canbus cars. Basically the Canbus Leds have an inbuilt resistor to make the canbus believe that it is still consuming the same amount of power as the halogen bulb (55w).
If your Ertiga has projector lens based headlights, you can go for the Osram based Leds. But they are only available in cool white though.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 22:43   #12419
Newbie
 
varunreddym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: HYD, BLR
Posts: 12
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
I installed the same in my Tata zest New Headlight (projector low beam set) Not as good as you expect. Cut-off is blurry and light throw not so good. Had to use my fog projector with Aozoom 3 colour led bulbs with highway driving from Bangalore to Bilaspur.
I have zero issues with mine, it's fit in my honda city low beam H11 reflectors and lights up way better than Osram's that I have fit in my Jazz, also don't have any issues you state.
I hope you made sure the lights are fit vertical as per the instructions.
Opt for a replacement if possible..
varunreddym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 23:07   #12420
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 170 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunreddym View Post
I have zero issues with mine, it's fit in my honda city low beam H11 reflectors and lights up way better than Osram's that I have fit in my Jazz, also don't have any issues you state.
I hope you made sure the lights are fit vertical as per the instructions.
Opt for a replacement if possible..
LEDs are doing well in reflector since long. Problem is that Projectors are less forgiving about size, shape and location of the source of light.
ASHUJNMC is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks