Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2022, 14:29   #12316
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi guys,

Are there absolutely no good light experts/installers in Mumbai ? While i see a lot of recommendations for experts from up north and down south i have not yet come across any such for Mumbai. Any leads/recommendations folks ?
revvhed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 16:24   #12317
BHPian

Hi guys,

Are there any good light experts in Noida? I am looking to upgrade the headlights and fog lamps of my new Thar. Someone who can give good advice about what to get and in the process not rip me off.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th May 2022, 19:02   #12318
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have a Skoda Laura that came with halogen projectors for the low beam from the factory. I'm currently running an aftermarket H7 HID setup (Aliexpress) for the low beams. I'm quite okay with it, but feel the light output and throw can be better. Given the arrival of LED H7 bulbs from various manufacturers, I was wondering if any of them is worth pursuing?

Has anyone undertaken the task of replacing the stock projectors to aftermarket ones - primarily to support D2S bulbs and optionally bi-xenon?
Old 10th May 2022, 19:30   #12319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a Skoda Laura that came with halogen projectors for the low beam from the factory. I'm currently running an aftermarket H7 HID setup (Aliexpress) for the low beams. I'm quite okay with it, but feel the light output and throw can be better. Given the arrival of LED H7 bulbs from various manufacturers, I was wondering if any of them is worth pursuing?

Has anyone undertaken the task of replacing the stock projectors to aftermarket ones - primarily to support D2S bulbs and optionally bi-xenon?

HIDs beat LEDs on all parameters in this car - however if you feel 35w HID is too less, you can go with 55W HID in 4000k. However the challenge with Laura is that it has only low beam projectors and high beams are separate reflector based H11 bulbs. I had a Laura for 9.5 years (sold recently) and had been on HIDs in the low beams for over 6 years. It was the best solution and it still is (even now). So please stay with the HIDs for now and don't waster your money on LEDs (I too learnt the hard way )
Swap to Bixenon will be a very costly and fruitless exercise so best avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
Hi guys,

Are there any good light experts in Noida? I am looking to upgrade the headlights and fog lamps of my new Thar. Someone who can give good advice about what to get and in the process not rip me off.

Thanks in advance.
You can check out uglare.com - the owner Abhishek is quite decent and they sell good quality stuff (though expensive). He is based at Noida and also has tieups for Installation.

Last edited by Behemoth : 10th May 2022 at 19:35.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 02:27   #12320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi guys,

Are there absolutely no good light experts/installers in Mumbai ? While i see a lot of recommendations for experts from up north and down south i have not yet come across any such for Mumbai. Any leads/recommendations folks ?
Sainath Motors in Khar were well recommend for projector retrofits since quite a few years.
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 10:08   #12321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
HIDs beat LEDs on all parameters in this car - however if you feel 35w HID is too less, you can go with 55W HID in 4000k. However the challenge with Laura is that it has only low beam projectors and high beams are separate reflector based H11 bulbs. I had a Laura for 9.5 years (sold recently) and had been on HIDs in the low beams for over 6 years. It was the best solution and it still is (even now). So please stay with the HIDs for now and don't waster your money on LEDs (I too learnt the hard way )
Swap to Bixenon will be a very costly and fruitless exercise so best avoided.
Thank you for the advice, will stick with the HIDs
Old 16th May 2022, 18:55   #12322
BHPian

Hi,

Please suggest me for fixing fog lamp ( i10 -2010 model) LED or projectors lamp !
any leads in Bangalore ?

Thanks
SVM
Old 17th May 2022, 08:24   #12323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Anybody used Blaupunkt LED for headlight? How's the performance?
I am using Blaupunkt in Crysta and Jazz. While the performance is excellent ( illumination, cutoff and throw) in the Crysta, it’s good if not great in Jazz (the focus is not that good in low beam) Blaupunkt outperforms the Philips and Osram any day.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 13:05   #12324

For those looking to upgrade the interior and license plate lighting to LED for their 4th Gen Honda City V 2017 below is what I have done:

The modification done for now are internal and license plate lighting change to LED:

Philips-T10-Ultinon-upto-6000K (3 pairs)
2 front roof lights (Had to take off the cover for it to fit)
2 license plate
1 inside the boot (1 spare)

Philips-12957-6000K-Reading-Light
Center roof light

The above is DIY, YouTube it and you will see a lot of videos, also do check out Osram T10 LED's as they are half the price and equivalently good.

The suggestion I need are for external lighting, below is what I plan to change:

Turn indicator (LED some bright)
Low beam (LED 5000-6000K)
Rear lights with break lights (LED Of course)

Ide like to stick with the stock halogen high beam and fog lamps for those fogy and rainy days

I did not get the car's manual as the previous owner misplaced it hence need your suggestions, also if someone can help me with a digital copy to it (I did go through the entire thread about manual but could not find one for City gen 4) would be very helpfull!
Old 28th May 2022, 06:24   #12325
BHPian

Hi all, I have a 2016 Innova Crysta GX model. I want to upgrade the stock headlights as the low beam is pretty much useless in the highways and I constantly need to use only highbeam during long road trips (and I do a bit of late night travel also). Ideally, i would like a good long throw that illuminates the road ahead for quite a bit so that I have sufficient time to maneuver at night, plus it should also work well under rainy conditions.

Would request the forum to guide me / educate me on what I should be upgrading to? I understand the higher variants come with projector headlights which I was told will cost around 40K per head lamp to upgrade - but I don't know what is the difference between my current headlamps vs projectors vs HID vs LEDs.
Old 28th May 2022, 08:34   #12326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
Would request the forum to guide me / educate me on what I should be upgrading to? I understand the higher variants come with projector headlights which I was told will cost around 40K per head lamp to upgrade - but I don't know what is the difference between my current headlamps vs projectors vs HID vs LEDs.
Your best bet would be to upgrade to higher wattage halogens on your reflector headlights. Keep the color temperature to 4000k.

The stock headlights (projector setup) are pathetic. We upgraded the high beams to LEDs for better range on deserted highway drives.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20220307_184235.jpg
Old 6th June 2022, 15:29   #12327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

HIDs in a projector are anyday better than LEDs esp if after market. This is purely based on my experience and quality of after market LEDs. You can goto higher wattage HID if you want more lumens.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 15:39   #12328
BHPian

Guys,
Headlights for Kia Carens Prestige Plus is worthless and planning to upgrade.

As per manual they are H19L 60/55 bulbs.
Can someone recommend white LED H19 for headlights , which offers good throw and range ?
Old 6th June 2022, 16:33   #12329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Given the arrival of LED H7 bulbs from various manufacturers, I was wondering if any of them is worth pursuing?
For any car, stick to the same type of bulb. The reflectors are designed for specific bulb types. If you put LED in a HID setup, you will not the desired results.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 01:44   #12330

Hello,
I am looking to upgrade my 2017 Tata Nexon's low beam projector headlights and wanted your advice. The weak throw of Nexon's headlamps is a known issue. On normal night time itself the low beams are inadequate and in rain specifically, they are just non existent. Even with high beam + low beam + fog lamps, I was driving blind in Jaynagar during last weekend's light showers in Bangalore. The lighting was so bad that my brother-in-law did not notice that the headlights were on and asked me to switch them on .

I believe my options are as below.

1. To upgrade the low beam H7 halogens with more powerful ones from OSRAM or Philips.
- These options claim to provide 130 - 150% better illumination. The problem here is that most of the options (such as X-tremeVision G-force and Racing Vision, OSRAM Night Breaker) have a whitish beam rather than yellow and based on the comments in this forum I gather that white light scatters in rain and is less effective.
- The other issue is that the lifespan of such options is very short i.e. around 250-300 hrs (got this information from reviews on carhatke, Amazon and other such sites.)

2. To upgrade to HID H7 retrofit kits - yellow 4000K ones and not the 5000-6000K White or Blueish ones available in the market.
- Here, after browsing through the thread I called up Anton from The Lighting Experts, Bangalore and explained to him that I wanted to get the low beam H7 projectors halogens replaced with HID lights of 4000-4300K intensity. Instead, he tried to push me to change upgrade the foglamp projectors. He shared a few video links from Facebook and what I noticed was that all were white lights. He quoted INR 22,000 for the retrofit - the brand is FE Retrofit, which I have not heard before. This option still does not meet my requirement of getting better low beams.

Please suggest how should I proceed and also let me know where can I get the lights fitted in Bangalore.

Most Viewed