Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2022, 23:09   #12421
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi,

My 2 paisa worth....

Sorry to say that I have tried Philips X Vision and Osram Night Breakers. The improvement in lighting is about 10 to 15% maximum. It's just not worth the high cost of the bulbs.

Regards,
SS
If you can get, Moto needs or Moco brand 4300 K LED lights are good in Reflector housing.
Old 3rd October 2022, 14:36   #12422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
Easiest upgrade will be Philips Xtreme vision or Osram NBU.

Which is the type of housing? Reflector vs Projector? Single barrel vs dual barrel?
Am not sure what the type of housing is.
Old 3rd October 2022, 15:44   #12423
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Request recommendation on Civic (8th Gen) headlight bulbs for low beam (HB4)
Old 3rd October 2022, 21:27   #12424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Am not sure what the type of housing is.
Please post a picture of the headlight assembly
Old 5th October 2022, 21:58   #12425
BHPian

Hello Friends - need recommendations on headlamp upgrades on Scorpio N Z8L 4WD stock lamps are fairly useless both high and low beams ( poorly aligned from factory and dealer is still struggling to fix the alignment). Currently I’m using the high beam as low beam for city driving because the high beam is focused below low beam but after correction the low beam will just be low beam and difficult to drive with that poor illumination. Already took the vehicle to my known car light/electrician and he said these are sealed assemblies and cannot be upgraded/changed. Given that I’ve paid for 5 years of warranty - I don’t think replacing the whole headlamp assembly with lights is a good idea. But again I’m barely a novice and need expert opinions on this. Also considering installing Hella Aux lights if nothing else works out.
Thanks in advance
NerDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 02:17   #12426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerDriver View Post
Hello Friends - need recommendations on headlamp upgrades on Scorpio N Z8L 4WD stock lamps are fairly useless both high and low beams ( poorly aligned from factory and dealer is still struggling to fix the alignment). Currently I’m using the high beam as low beam for city driving because the high beam is focused below low beam but after correction the low beam will just be low beam and works out.
Thanks in advance
Where in Bangalore do you live?
Old 6th October 2022, 08:30   #12427
BHPian

Quote:
Where in Bangalore do you live?
I’m in Whitefield , near Hope Farm signal.
Old 6th October 2022, 10:24   #12428
BHPian

Quote:
I’m in Whitefield , near Hope Farm signal.
Probably Maithri layout.

Please take first right on Channasandra Road, and about 200m in that road on the right side there is MW car detailing shop. They also do Lighting and service. It's Next to 'Mint Super mart'.
The guy who does this work is 'Mani'.

If you wish, you can drop my name - Ashutosh (i hope they remember).

I found the guy to be genuine, and informed about the job he does. I also found them not to be rough. (P.S. around 6-7PM is best time for light related work, but it will be prudent if you talk to them earlier)

I am sharing location:

MW Car Detailing | Ceramic Coating | Car Detailing| Car Accessories| Car Seat Upholstery | Car Audio Systems
099024 96930

https://g.co/kgs/NtdGx1
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 10:29   #12429
BHPian

Quote:
Hello - I don’t think replacing the whole headlamp assembly with lights is a good idea. But again I’m barely a novice and need expert opinions on this. Also considering installing Hella Aux lights if nothing else works out.
Thanks in advance
If the assembly is faulty, that may be the only way out.
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 23:44   #12430
BHPian

Quote:
Probably Maithri layout.

Please take first right on Channasandra Road, and about 200m in that road on the right side there is MW car detailing shop. They also do Lighting and service. It's Next to 'Mint Super mart'.

I found the guy to be genuine, and informed about the job he does. I also found them not to be rough. (P.S. around 6-7PM is best time for light related work, but it will be prudent if you talk to them earlier)

I am sharing location:

MW Car Detailing | Ceramic Coating | Car Detailing| Car Accessories| Car Seat Upholstery | Car Audio Systems
099024 96930

Thank you Ashutosh , appreciate your input. I’m actually aware of MW , been there twice I think for Car Wash. Will visit them over the weekend to see what they think about Scorpio N’s headlamps.
Cheers
Old 9th October 2022, 15:18   #12431
BHPian

Quote:
Probably Maithri layout.

I am sharing location:

099024 96930

Ashutosh - just came back home after meeting Mani from MW, and I can’t thank you enough for recommending him. Mani and the MW owner - both are real nice people who love cars as much as we do. Do share your phone number if you don’t mind I would like to thank you properly
Coming to the lights issue - Mani said what we have all seen and kind of know that headlamps are sealed LED units and MnM has done the cost cutting that they shouldn’t have. We cannot touch the headlamp assembly in any way without voiding the warranty. They’re fused units which only Mahindra would deal with. After about an hour of on-the-fly RnD and brainstorming we came to the solution of adding a pair of projector-HIds right behind the front grill. That way they’ll sit right on a metal bar with customised reinforced clamps and won’t attract fines from traffic police. Other solution was adding Aux lights outside the grill which we’ll have to remove when you’re driving within the city which is a bit of hassle (alignment etc) so we decided to go down the projector HID route. I’m procuring the projectors/hids/relays from Blaze India . Will keep this group posted on the progress.
Cheers
Old 9th October 2022, 18:12   #12432
BHPian

Quote:
adding a pair of projector-HIds right behind the front grill. That way they’ll sit right on a metal bar with customised reinforced clamps
Yours would be one of the first ScorpioNs to have aux lights (albeit inside the grill).
Please do click lots of pictures and videos of the process, bumper opening, mountings points, clamps, wiring, etc and document your experience.

I'm planning to do a similar setup once mine is delivered and your experience will be super helpful for the rest of us!
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 18:24   #12433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
Yours would be one of the first ScorpioNs to have aux lights (albeit inside the grill).
Please do click lots of pictures and videos of the process, bumper opening, mountings points, clamps, wiring, etc and document your experience.

I'm planning to do a similar setup once mine is delivered and your experience will be super helpful for the rest of us!
Absolutely !! In fact I’m doing this just because I don’t want to drive blind on my trip ( Bangalore to Gurgaon on Diwali).. I’ll surely let you know how it comes along.
Cheers
Old 9th October 2022, 19:55   #12434

[quote=ramki.grandhi;5397811]Hello lighting experts, could you please guide me to the best light upgrades for my Xuv700 MX(reflector setup)? I've narrowed it down to the options below, based on reading on team-bhp so far.*

1) Low beams: AUTOBAHN LED F5 G-XP3*
2) High beams: OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER LASER H7

Reasoning:
1) For highway use, I want to have halogens because LEDs might not do well in rain. During my last trip(2000 km), we were in heavy to moderate rain for 5 hours. I read that LEDs are not suitable for a rainy day.*
2) For city use, I want to have LEDs in low beams. Even if it rains, I can manage because of the low speeds in the city.

Just replaced my XUV 300 H7 Projectors to Auxbeam GX series 120 Watts LEDs from Amazon. I had tried OSRAM LEDs earlier but was not satisfied and hence returned them. Now pretty happy with Auxbeam. Do give it a try. Yet to drive with them on rainy nights though.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-auxbeam-leds.jpeg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-halogens.jpeg  

arvindgrathore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 23:26   #12435
BHPian

Dear all, I am in serious requirement of having to upgrade my 2016 Innova Crysta's headlights.

I was recently driving at 4:30 am from Chennai to Bangalore in heavy rains and I had almost zero visibility with my headlights (stock headlights), making the whole experience rather terrifying. The low beam is generally useless during even normal nights and I have to use only highbeam during all my long distance trips. But even the highbeam's throw is nowadays not so great (maybe the bulb is dimming if that is even possbile?).

I have gone through this thread and I'm quite confused by the myriad options suggested and various pros and cons discussed here. Request the enlightened members to guide me on how I can improve the headlights and where I should get this done (either in Chennai or Bangalore).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks