Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2023, 13:51   #12511
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Does anyone have a recommendation for installing fog lamps in Bangalore (northeast-ish like Banasawadi, Kalyan Nagar, Tinfactory area) ?

I have a set of "Eltron Turbo" branded (which are just rebranded Chinese imports) "fog lamps" and I intend to use them to replace the useless fog lamps on my Nissan Magnite. I really like the power consumption (rated at 20w per light, but in reality only about 15w per bulb) and light output and temperatures but now would like some expert hands to do the fitting (I dont want to risk breaking anything in the bodywork/bumper myself being a newbie in dissembling bodywork)

I hear that most lighting shops dont install lights sourced from elsewhere, so that's a bit of an issue. That said I understand business needs, so I am more than willing to pay a bit more to compensate them fairly for the "lost" business of buying lights from them.

Does anyone have recommendations?
Old 19th May 2023, 15:37   #12512
BHPian

Dear Autolight Experts:
Need help in upgrading headlights in my Jeep Compass diesel (O) 2019. The JC came with the normal halogen headlights and the same were pathetic. Since i had been looking for an upgrade, tried installing Philips x-tremeultinon H7 LEDs with 6000 K. Only the bulbs were changed. Costed INR 6000. However, i find the lights to be pathetic and worse than the original halogens. Since no vendor was ready to install just to check It not only throws out shadows, the throw is tilted towards the left side. This is same for the high beam as well as the low beam.

Can u let me know:
1) Is the poor output of LEDs a result of being installed in the halogen housing?
2) What options can i go for without much of load on the pocket?

Will post pics shortly.
Old 19th May 2023, 16:45   #12513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps1311 View Post
Dear Autolight Experts:
Need help in upgrading headlights in my Jeep Compass diesel (O) 2019. The JC came with the normal halogen headlights and the same were pathetic. Since i had been looking for an upgrade, tried installing Philips x-tremeultinon H7 LEDs with 6000 K. Only the bulbs were changed. Costed INR 6000. However, i find the lights to be pathetic and worse than the original halogens. Since no vendor was ready to install just to check It not only throws out shadows, the throw is tilted towards the left side. This is same for the high beam as well as the low beam.

Can u let me know:
1) Is the poor output of LEDs a result of being installed in the halogen housing?

Will post pics shortly.
The headlights in the Jeep Compass are really bad and very few options of LEDs work well. I had tried almost 5 options of LED bulbs on my Jeep Compass and then went with 42w HIDs in 4300k. These were quite decent (used them for 3 years). However recently Osram launch 50w led bulbs in 4200k and I jumped for them. However the results are not that great and the light effect was better with my HID setup.
However I have also upgraded my foglights to IPHM617 tricolor LED foglights and those are just brilliant. So my recommendation is that you just get your foglights upgraded with IPHM617 (or equivalent GTR fog lights) and you won't even need to upgrade your headlights.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 17:17   #12514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The headlights in the Jeep Compass are really bad and very few options of LEDs work well. I had tried almost 5 options of LED bulbs on my Jeep Compass and then went with 42w HIDs in 4300k. These were quite decent (used them for 3 years). However recently Osram launch 50w led bulbs in 4200k and I jumped for them. However the results are not that great and the light effect was better with my HID setup.
However I have also upgraded my foglights to IPHM617 tricolor LED foglights and those are just brilliant. So my recommendation is that you just get your foglights upgraded with IPHM617 (or equivalent GTR fog lights) and you won't even need to upgrade your headlights.
Ok.... that sounds great Behemoth if i can manage with change in fog lights. Could you also tell me what may be the cause of throw that's tilted towards left? Is it inherent or is it something to do with the alignment of the headlight or the bulb positioning?
Old 19th May 2023, 20:57   #12515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok.... that sounds great Behemoth if i can manage with change in fog lights. Could you also tell me what may be the cause of throw that's tilted towards left? Is it inherent or is it something to do with the alignment of the headlight or the bulb positioning?
For the throw tilted towards left there are two possible reasons:
The LED bulb base is not seated correctly and is partially seated at an angle in the base.
The second reason is that the headlight aiming is incorrect- there is also in-out aiming for rhe headlights , apart from the up down aiming - these are adjusted manually using a long hex key.
But if the aiming was correct with halogen bulbs earlier, the likely reason is first one.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 17:09   #12516
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Autolight Experts:

Can u let me know:

Will post pics shortly.
posting some of the pics for reference. The light seems scattered and no concentrated. The 1st pic is with low beam, the 2nd one with high beam and 3rd with fogs on.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230603_201319.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230603_201327.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230603_201432.jpg  

Old 9th June 2023, 16:55   #12517
BHPian

Hey Guys I am looking for light upgrade solutions for my Figo S MY18. After my bit of research i have narrowed it down to projector fog lamps - mostly LED. I was looking into IPH 617 tri led bi xenon fog lamps. But when i got in touch with Mr Ashok from Blaze India, he suggested i should consider AES Q8(single or tri color) The price difference is around 2000-3000. Just wanted to check if the price difference is justifiable or I should stick to IPH.
I want to turn on the fog lamp with the company knob but also keep the high beam feature. I am guessing this can be acheived with the relay and high beam connection.

Also if the fog lamps are upgraded, i would like to have the headlights change to white light(around 5000k). But Figo reflectors are infamous for burning out. So is there reasonably priced option to change it to all white light?

Suggestions are a welcome.
Old 18th June 2023, 21:03   #12518
BHPian

Got these AES BiLed laser projector foglamps from Blaze india. Check out the difference between stock halogens on high beam vs projectors on low beam.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20230613-12.56.10-am.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20230613-12.45.51-am.jpeg
createrkid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 11:19   #12519
Senior - BHPian

For an almost 10 year old Wagon R, is it ok to upgrade the headlight with a pair of 100/90 bulbs with a proper relay wiring set up? Will the wiring or the alternator take up the additional load as the car is almost 10 years old?
Old 20th June 2023, 11:28   #12520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
For an almost 10 year old Wagon R, is it ok to upgrade the headlight with a pair of 100/90 bulbs with a proper relay wiring set up? Will the wiring or the alternator take up the additional load as the car is almost 10 years old?
Mine is 12 year old and running that setup for the 7-8 years now without any issue.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 21:56   #12521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Got these AES BiLed laser projector foglamps from Blaze india. Check out the difference between stock halogens on high beam vs projectors on low beam.

Attachment 2465562

Attachment 2465561
Looks great!

Did you get them installed in Delhi or do it yourself?
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 22:53   #12522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Looks great!

Did you get them installed in Delhi or do it yourself?
Had them installed in my garage in Bangalore. Amit from Blaze recommended a guy who does doorstep installation.
createrkid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 23:24   #12523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Had them installed in my garage in Bangalore. Amit from Blaze recommended a guy who does doorstep installation.
Bangalore? Even better! Would you mind sharing the contact details (here or in PM)?

I hope he does the installation without any wire cuts - been looking at replacing the fog lamps on my car (magnite) with something thats actually useful...
Old 21st June 2023, 10:51   #12524
BHPian

Quote:
posting some of the pics for reference. The light seems scattered and no concentrated. The 1st pic is with low beam, the 2nd one with high beam and 3rd with fogs on.
Leds need dedicated reflectors/projectors to give proper throw.
You will be much better off going in for Projector Fog lamps, either led or hid. They have high/low shutter and are very effective.
And stick to halogens in your reflectors.
Old 21st June 2023, 12:23   #12525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Leds need dedicated reflectors/projectors to give proper throw.
You will be much better off going in for Projector Fog lamps, either led or hid. They have high/low shutter and are very effective.
And stick to halogens in your reflectors.
Thank you sridhar-v. Yeah looks like that's the way to go. Planning for IPH M617 LED projector fogs and will keep halogens on the headlight.

Last edited by graaja : 21st June 2023 at 16:44. Reason: Minor edit. Please do not use "....."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks