Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 20:35   #12526
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps1311 View Post
posting some of the pics for reference. The light seems scattered and no concentrated. The 1st pic is with low beam, the 2nd one with high beam and 3rd with fogs on.
In the Jeep Compass if you have the pre facelift version which had halogen projectors the orientation which works best with the LED bulbs is the led chips at 3 and 9 o'clock position.
It took some iterations for me to figure it out too. Initially I had put in my Osram 50w 4300K bulbs at 6 and 12 o'clock position but that was not working well and the beam was not good. Now I changed it to 3 and 9 position and the beam is much better.
To show the correct position I am sharing some images of my headlights (taken with a paper in front of the headlight). You can use this for reference.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230622_202910.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230622_202903.jpg

This position works well with the Osram 50w leds and hopefully should work with the Philips Ultinon too. To do this adjustment (to the bulb) you need to loosen the grub screw with the allen key provided and then Rotate the base as required and then tighten the screw again. Then put it in the headlight and see if the position is correct. If not , take out the bulb and rotate the base again to rectify. With a few iterations it should be in position correctly.

Last edited by Behemoth : 22nd June 2023 at 20:40.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 22:47   #12527
BHPian

Can someone help me identify what is this connector type called?
I have looked into some charts of common connector types and this seems to match none of them...

This is the connector at the fog-lamp of the Nissan Magnite

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230430_002824_crop.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230430_012455_crop.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230430_012503_crop.jpg
Old 23rd June 2023, 11:06   #12528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
In the Jeep Compass if you have the pre facelift version which had halogen projectors the orientation which works best with the LED bulbs is the led chips at 3 and 9 o'clock position.
It took some iterations for me to figure it out too. Initially I had put in my Osram 50w 4300K bulbs at 6 and 12 o'clock position but that was not working well and the beam was not good. Now I changed it to 3 and 9 position and the beam is much better.
To show the correct position I am sharing some images of my headlights (taken with a paper in front of the headlight). You can use this for reference.
Attachment 2467275

Attachment 2467276

This position works well with the Osram 50w leds and hopefully should work with the Philips Ultinon too. To do this adjustment (to the bulb) you need to loosen the grub screw with the allen key provided and then Rotate the base as required and then tighten the screw again. Then put it in the headlight and see if the position is correct. If not , take out the bulb and rotate the base again to rectify. With a few iterations it should be in position correctly.
Thank you Behemoth. Thats a great deal of info there. Will certainly try out all the tricks of the game here. Its of utmost importance that i get the headlights right. The service centre here has closed down and i have to rely on the accessories shops who here are neither knowledgeable nor inclined to try out what is told . More so when it comes to JC. So will have to get my own hands at it.
Old 25th June 2023, 23:18   #12529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Can someone help me identify what is this connector type called?
Hi, please look up this page; it has commonly used connectors from Nissan. Hope you find yours..
https://findpigtails.com/about-pigta...in%20Connector)
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 01:25   #12530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Hi, please look up this page; it has commonly used connectors from Nissan. Hope you find yours..
https://findpigtails.com/about-pigta...in%20Connector)
Thanks a lot my man. That website is such a great resource!

I couldn't not find anything that matched it on the Nissan pages - also because the Magnite not being a European/US model isn't even listed. But filtering all the connectors by 2-pin variants alone, I found the exact match: https://findpigtails.com/connector/b23c2/

Thanks again
Old 26th June 2023, 10:51   #12531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Thanks a lot my man. That website is such a great resource!
Hi Transmission, glad that you could finally find your connector . I have never used this site for ordering though. Are you planning to order these connectors or may be getting them from Nissan service center may work out cheaper for you.
Old 26th June 2023, 16:29   #12532
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Transmission, glad that you could finally find your connector . I have never used this site for ordering though. Are you planning to order these connectors or may be getting them from Nissan service center may work out cheaper for you.
Yeah, I'll look for them here in India. The listed prices there look too high for my Indian tastes

But I needed atleast a name for the connector so this was very helpful to me.

<As an aside, I tried to fit the lights I bought from Amazon replacing the fog lamps of the Magnite and I ran into a few issues - that now I am considering asking some well reviewed lighting shop here in Bangalore (open to suggestions) to provide me with options and pricing quotes>
Old 2nd July 2023, 15:40   #12533
BHPian

Lighting Query for Scorpio N Z8L - I was told by a reputed accessory shop that the headlight unit in the top variant of Scorpio N is completely sealed and there is no way they would be able to replace the headlamps. I mean it was easy business for accessory shop to sell me overpriced LEDs or HIDs but they still denied it which leads me to believe there may be some element of truth. Shouldn't the headlights be easy to replace by a user? The user manual says something on the lines of:

"11.16 Head Lamp Bulb Replacement (if equipped)

Below procedure is applicable only for variants having Head lamp bulbs."

Does this mean the top variants headlights are only replaceable by service centers?

I could not find a single video or post of Z8L head lamp upgrades so asking here.
Old 4th July 2023, 12:23   #12534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Had them installed in my garage in Bangalore. Amit from Blaze recommended a guy who does doorstep installation.
Thanks for sharing. Would you mind sharing the contact details (here or in PM)?
Old 6th July 2023, 10:51   #12535
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Behemoth. Thats a great deal of info there. Will certainly try out all the tricks of the game here. Its of utmost importance that i get the headlights right. The service centre here has closed down and i have to rely on the accessories shops who here are neither knowledgeable nor inclined to try out what is told . More so when it comes to JC. So will have to get my own hands at it.
I got the IPH projector fog lights 5500K fitted on my Jeep Compass. Cost INR 9500/- with fitting and 1 year warranty. Posting a few pics.

The 1st pic is with only LED headlights on - Philips Ultinon LEDs 6000k
The 2nd pic is with Headlights on and Projector Fog Lights on with Low beam
The 3rd pic is with Headlights and Projector Fog Lights on with High beam

I think the alignment of fog lights in low beam needs some adjustment. Which I will get done in a day or two.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230705_220107.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230705_220253.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20230705_220301.jpg  

kaps1311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 11:02   #12536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got the IPH projector fog lights 5500K fitted on my Jeep Compass. Cost INR 9500/- with fitting and 1 year warranty. Posting a few pics.

The 1st pic is with only LED headlights on - Philips Ultinon LEDs 6000k
The 2nd pic is with Headlights on and Projector Fog Lights on with Low beam
The 3rd pic is with Headlights and Projector Fog Lights on with High beam

I think the alignment of fog lights in low beam needs some adjustment. Which I will get done in a day or two.
Your headlights are still pretty messed up and the beam pattern is not good. If you are willing to try some DIY, access to the headlight bulbs can be achieved by opening the wheel well covers. First turn the wheel to one side entirely and then open the four screws securing the wheel well cover. Then pull back the wheel well cover (it is very flexible and you can fold it without breaking it). This will give you enough space to reach the headlights from there. Pull out the bulbs and adust them so that the led blade is vertical ( for both bulbs). That should fix your main beam.
For the fog light it is much easier. Just pull the lens upwards from front so that the beam pattern starts around 5 ft from the car for both lights. That should give you the right reach.
(I also have IPH M617 (tri color) in my fog lights and they are very good (much better than the headlights).

Last edited by Behemoth : 6th July 2023 at 11:04.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 23:19   #12537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
In the sealed housing design you will not find double LED and reflector designs as most have them have only passive cooling elements through heatsink (without fan), while in open housing projectors with fan (which are meant for installation inside headlights) you can have double LEDs and reflectors (similar to the Osram CBI Pro which I got installed in my Hector)

Attachment 2417964
Hi Behemoth,

I'm looking for a good installer for projector fog lamps and headlight projectors in Delhi NCR to upgrade lights on all my cars, I see you have got similar upgrades done. Any suggestions who would do a good job without messing up the wiring? I will be sourcing the equipment from Amit at Blaze India.

Most of the installers in and around Delhi NCR that I have seen or interacted with procure Chinese products which are same or similar as IPH and sell them at double prices in their own brand name and hence are not much interested in only installation if you have sourced your own lights. Others are selling Aozoom products which again are almost double the price of IPH, AES products.

I'm also looking for someone who can source and fit genuine MGP fog lamp wiring with switch on aftermarket projector fog lamps like shown in video below for Baleno/Glanza

Old 12th July 2023, 11:56   #12538
BHPian

I am looking to replace the low-beam headlight bulbs (H11) only in my Honda City 2014 (not upgrading to projector, retaining the reflector setup). I have been using an Osram Night Breaker Unlimited for the past 4 years and I feel that the intensity of the low beam has diminished over the years to an extent that I feel it on the road quite often. Hence, request advise from people on what would be good and effective replacement bulbs.

My choices at this point for replacement are:
(a) Osram Night breaker Laser. https://amzn.eu/d/8ijtOql
(b) Osram LED with integrated driver set fixed in existing reflector setup https://amzn.eu/d/fxWFi4g
(c) Philips Ultinon LED fixed in existing reflector setup https://amzn.eu/d/eMHIS3A

Which one do you think will give me substantially better visibility on the roads given that I am only changing the bulbs and not the reflector setup?
Old 12th July 2023, 12:35   #12539
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to replace the low-beam headlight bulbs (H11) only in my Honda City 2014 (not upgrading to projector, retaining the reflector setup). I have been using an Osram Night Breaker Unlimited for the past 4 years and I feel that the intensity of the low beam has diminished over the years to an extent that I feel it on the road quite often. Hence, request advise from people on what would be good and effective replacement bulbs.

My choices at this point for replacement are:
(a) Osram Night breaker Laser. https://amzn.eu/d/8ijtOql
(b) Osram LED with integrated driver set fixed in existing reflector setup https://amzn.eu/d/fxWFi4g
(c) Philips Ultinon LED fixed in existing reflector setup https://amzn.eu/d/eMHIS3A

Which one do you think will give me substantially better visibility on the roads given that I am only changing the bulbs and not the reflector setup?
You need to find out what is the cause for low output, is it the bulbs, dirty reflector or yellowing lens. In any case, reflector headlights are inferior to projector headlights. This is the reason that reflector headlights are offered on base and mid variants while projectors are reserved for top variants. Currently in the same boat as you with my skoda octavia. Even after refrotting LED in high beam and HID in low beam, I am not satisfied. The light is brighter but does not go very far. So I have ordered myself modified headlights which are projectors but also plug and play. They will replace my existing reflector setup. Let me know if you need more info if you intend do something like this for your honda city.
Old 12th July 2023, 16:49   #12540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Hi Behemoth,

I'm looking for a good installer for projector fog lamps and headlight projectors in Delhi NCR to upgrade lights on all my cars, I see you have got similar upgrades done. Any suggestions who would do a good job without messing up the wiring? I will be sourcing the equipment from Amit at Blaze India.

I'm also looking for someone who can source and fit genuine MGP fog lamp wiring with switch on aftermarket projector fog lamps like shown in video below for Baleno/Glanza

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=mqcKUj_JEhQ

I got my headlight projectors installed (Osram CBI pro in my Hector plus) at Autobots Gurgaon.
My IPH foglights were installed at The Auto Market opp Good Earth centre in sec-50 Gurgaon.
If you are Delhi based, you can go to Palika Bhawan opp Hyatt regency hotel.
If Noida is close to you, you can contact Uglare (in Greate Noida) for installation.
MGP genuine kits should be available easily at any good spares shop as they are well distributed or you can buy from the Maruti service centre as they do sell parts too.

Last edited by Behemoth : 12th July 2023 at 16:52.
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks