Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2023, 11:20   #12556
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

3) the amazon ones are the previous gen 25w per bulb one while the one on Planet car care are the gen 2 - 50w/bulb variants (these were launched by Osram around 9 months back) light output is around 70% more than gen 1 bulbs
Hi Behemoth,

I am a bit confused with this reply versus your previous comment on 28th April 2023 here, where you had said it is only 20% brighter: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5538172 (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)

Also as per this opinion/advice of yours, you were not too impressed with this upgrade: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5527267 (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)

Has anything changed? If it is significantly brighter, I would like to go for it. Currently I am managing with a rather odd combo on my Honda Jazz: Using stock halogens during monsoon months, and using Osram 25W LED 6000K during other months (swapping them each season). One thing is very clear: I would always prefer a 4200K compared to a 6000K. The latter is very uncomfortable during monsoon, especially on ghat areas etc.
Old 18th July 2023, 11:58   #12557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
Hi Behemoth,

I am a bit confused with this reply versus your previous comment on 28th April 2023 here, where you had said it is only 20% brighter: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5538172 (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)

Also as per this opinion/advice of yours, you were not too impressed with this upgrade: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5527267 (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)

Has anything changed? If it is significantly brighter, I would like to go for it. Currently I am managing with a rather odd combo on my Honda Jazz: Using stock halogens during monsoon months, and using Osram 25W LED 6000K during other months (swapping them each season). One thing is very clear: I would always prefer a 4200K compared to a 6000K. The latter is very uncomfortable during monsoon, especially on ghat areas etc.

I think you missed my later update on this. After experimenting with the orientation in my Compass, I was finally able to achieve the right orientation and light distribution. With the led blade vertical, I am getting much better results now with the same bulbs - this is probably due to the design of the Compass projector headlights though. I also compared side by side with another friend who has 25w leds and found the difference to be much higher than initially perceived. But as our eye response to the Colour temperature of 6000k vs 4300k is also different, our perception of the light level is lesser.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 12:32   #12558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I think you missed my later update on this. After experimenting with the orientation in my Compass, I was finally able to achieve the right orientation and light distribution. With the led blade vertical, I am getting much better results now with the same bulbs - this is probably due to the design of the Compass projector headlights though. I also compared side by side with another friend who has 25w leds and found the difference to be much higher than initially perceived. But as our eye response to the Colour temperature of 6000k vs 4300k is also different, our perception of the light level is lesser.
Oh that's encouraging to hear. I can't find any update on the same thread. In any case, would you recommend upgrading to Osram LED 4200K 50W for my Honda Jazz? I had decided against it based on your earlier feedback, hence asking again. The light output with Osram LED 6000K 25W has been much better than halogens in dry seasons, but at the same time it has been scary and quite inadequate during heavy rains, which made me switch back to factory halogens during monsoon (which are also inadequate, but the yellowness certainly helps. Besides, addition of M617 LED fog lamps is helping a lot, thanks to your earlier recommendation on that).
Old 18th July 2023, 13:52   #12559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
Oh that's encouraging to hear. I can't find any update on the same thread. In any case, would you recommend upgrading to Osram LED 4200K 50W for my Honda Jazz? I had decided against it based on your earlier feedback, hence asking again. The light output with Osram LED 6000K 25W has been much better than halogens in dry seasons, but at the same time it has been scary and quite inadequate during heavy rains, which made me switch back to factory halogens during monsoon (which are also inadequate, but the yellowness certainly helps. Besides, addition of M617 LED fog lamps is helping a lot, thanks to your earlier recommendation on that).
Hi Jay, since you already have IPHM617, I feel you should stay with your current Osram 25w as the incremental benefit for you will not be as high for the cost involved
The Projector foglights are themselves very good and they tend to overshadow any led headlight bulbs you put in (same was the case with me too )
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 15:08   #12560
BHPian

Folks - Need a help on Headlamp and Foglamp lighting.

I bought a new 2023 Safari and the headlight seems to be below par, how can we improve them without impacting the warranty and impact to wiring or major changes. There are tons of LEDs available in market but majority of them seems to be chinese brands and am not sure.

Pls suggest.
Old 20th July 2023, 23:16   #12561
BHPian

I received my 4200K 50W Osram LEDriving HL Premium H11 headlights delivered to me yesterday after ordering them on 16-July. Fixed them today myself on my Honda City 2014 reflector head lamps in low-beam and am quite happy with the results.

The first photo is with LEDs fitted on the left side (seeing from the front) and halogen on the right.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_6830.jpg

The visibility has also improved quite a lot as you can see from the pics below.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_6840.jpg

Though it costs Rs. 6900, it makes a considerable difference to the visibility and hence i think it is a worthy investment in the vehicle if it does give a life of 30,000 hours as is expected out of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_6834.jpg  

outdoorlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 14:25   #12562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Folks - Need a help on Headlamp and Foglamp lighting.

I bought a new 2023 Safari and the headlight seems to be below par, how can we improve them without impacting the warranty and impact to wiring or major changes. There are tons of LEDs available in market but majority of them seems to be chinese brands and am not sure.

Pls suggest.
Folks - Any suggestions here pls....
Old 24th July 2023, 17:10   #12563
BHPian

I own a 2016 Skoda Octavia Ambition model. Ambition model comes with dual barrel reflector headlights and halogen bulbs. I had upgraded the low beam to Xenon and High beam to LED but I found the throw to be very poor and I was searching for an alternative. I came accross these headlights which look exactly like Style and L&K model headlights but are plug and play for ambition model, and are reflectors will cool LED animation when they start.
The output is significantly better as compared to reflector headlights and DRL animation is just the cherry on top. Have a look at this video.
Old 31st July 2023, 11:00   #12564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
The output is significantly better as compared to reflector headlights and DRL animation is just the cherry on top. Have a look at this video.
https://Youtu.be/SgekXHoTQLg
Hi Vaibhav, even I have the ambition model and have been looking for an upgrade on the headlights for ages now, can you please share where you sourced this from and also the price.
skarface is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 11:36   #12565
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I am planning on changing up my headlight in my Polo GT to a projector based setup Can anyone suggest a good place in Mumbai that could carry the job out? So far the only place I've heard of is Xenon Planet, but the reviews are varied.

Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 16:50   #12566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
Hi everyone,

I am planning on changing up my headlight in my Polo GT to a projector based setup Can anyone suggest a good place in Mumbai that could carry the job out? So far the only place I've heard of is Xenon Planet, but the reviews are varied.

Thanks
Why don't you get upgrade headlights from China? There are lots of after market options for Polo GT. You could upgrade the headlights to aftermarket ones and sell your existing headlights to recoupe some of the cost.
Advantage is no opening existing headlights thus no leaks.
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 17:22   #12567
BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you get upgrade headlights from China? There are lots of after market options for Polo GT. You could upgrade the headlights to aftermarket ones and sell your existing headlights to recoupe some of the cost.
Advantage is no opening existing headlights thus no leaks.
I don't like any of the aftermarket options in terms of aesthetics. Maybe those UU shaped headlights are somewhat decent looking, but then again they don't come with bulbs in them, and even if they do, they usually come with halogens pre-installed in the projectors.
Old 14th August 2023, 17:29   #12568
BHPian

Quote:
I own a 2016 Skoda Octavia Ambition model. Ambition model comes with dual barrel reflector headlights and halogen bulbs. I had upgraded the low beam to Xenon and High beam to LED but I found the throw to be very poor and I was searching for an alternative. I came accross these headlights which look exactly like Style and L&K model headlights but are plug and play for ambition model, and are reflectors will cool LED animation when they start.
https://Youtu.be/SgekXHoTQLg
Hey,
Kindly throw some more light into this conversion, and how has the experience been post upgrade.
Old 14th August 2023, 17:43   #12569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
I don't like any of the aftermarket options in terms of aesthetics. Maybe those UU shaped headlights are somewhat decent looking, but then again they don't come with bulbs in them, and even if they do, they usually come with halogens pre-installed in the projectors.
You could always ask for LED headlights. I was even given the option of choosing light colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Hey,
Kindly throw some more light into this conversion, and how has the experience been post upgrade.
I will post a video on youtube shortly with side by side comparison. To my eyes, the cut off is clear, I am not blinding on coming traffic with low beams. High beams are extremley bright and throw is very good.
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 17:47   #12570
BHPian

Quote:
You could always ask for LED headlights. I was even given the option of choosing light colour.

I will post a video on Youtube shortly with side by side comparison. To my eyes, the cut off is clear, I am not blinding on coming traffic with low beams. High beams are extremley bright and throw is very good.
True, but that adds to the cost again. If only the OEM Bi-Xenon or the GTI headlights were a little more reasonably priced...
So for the time being I have opted for Bi-Xenon projectors from RSR Autovision. I'm sure anything would be better than the pathetic output from the stock halogens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks