Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2024, 17:47   #12706
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Headlights upgrade

My 2004 Hyundai Accent headlights were very weak. The old 55 w bulbs were doing nothing to light up the road. So i chose to change the bulbs to warm Led"s.This is an American firm, the bulbs are 110 watts, with ballast, no wire cutting or splicing required, and come with a 2 year warranty.

The 20 old glass required a buffing and then the bulbs were fitted. These are a bit expensive at Rs. 10,200/ a pair but the difference is phenomenal.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20240323_120958.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20240324_035927.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20240324_035954.jpg  

Old 24th March 2024, 18:06   #12707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandilyapiyush View Post
I'm not one to recommend the LED setups in the reflector based headlights.

If you would really need something better than this, you can always explore the projector fogs option. I have heard that they are excellent, I have no personal experience with them though.

If you switch to the 100/90 setup, do post your observations!

Hope this helps you.
Cheers,
Piyush.

As usual you can always count on any teambhp member to get a quick response to any queries regarding automotives. Thanks for your reply. I will surely post my decision here. Currently I have the 25w osram, 100/90w halogen and fog lamp upgrade options. I understand that halogen upgrade ranged between 1500 to 2k only, osram 25 is 3.5k and 50w is 6.5k, don't know about foglamps costing. I'll surely decide and update the results here.
DhinaStark94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 19:09   #12708
BHPian

After experimenting with LED projector headlights with a temperature of 5500+K in my Amaze, I've found that visibility is significantly compromised compared to alternatives such as HID lights with a temperature of 4000K as in my Jetta.

LED lights with temperatures exceeding 4500K may not provide optimal visibility, leading to potential safety concerns on the road. As such, I highly recommend considering alternative options such as HID or halogen lights with temperatures below 4500K for enhanced visibility and safer driving experiences.

It's essential to prioritize safety and visibility when selecting headlights for your vehicle. Making the switch to HID or halogen lights with lower temperature ratings can greatly improve visibility, particularly in polluted or adverse weather conditions.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 10:52   #12709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post

Headlights upgrade

My 2004 Hyundai Accent headlights were very weak. The old 55 w bulbs were doing nothing to light up the road. So i chose to change the bulbs to warm Led"s.This is an American firm, the bulbs are 110 watts, with ballast, no wire cutting or splicing required, and come with a 2 year warranty.

The 20 old glass required a buffing and then the bulbs were fitted. These are a bit expensive at Rs. 10,200/ a pair but the difference is phenomenal.

Cheers
The cut off looks horrible in these pictures. There is excess light at driver eye level on both pictures that will blind others.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 10:59   #12710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
The cut off looks horrible in these pictures. There is excess light at driver eye level on both pictures that will blind others.
This is a major issue these days. Light 'upgrades' with that don't take into account cut-off, stray reflection and basic light science.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th March 2024 at 22:16. Reason: Toning down post.
Old 26th March 2024, 11:20   #12711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
This is a major issue these days. Light 'upgrades' with that don't take into account cut-off, stray reflection and basic light science.
I have deliberately kept the beams at full up for the picture to give a better idea of the beam pattern.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th March 2024 at 22:16. Reason: Please watch your tone. Be respectful towards fellow bhpians.
Old 26th March 2024, 12:09   #12712
BHPian

Quote:
I have deliberately kept the beams at full up for the picture to give a better idea of the beam pattern.

There are 2 pictures taken from same place and the beam pattern looks different in both and is above cutoff level in both. You could post better pics of the cutoff if this is a issue in the pictures or get them aligned.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th March 2024 at 22:12. Reason: Please tone down your posts and be respectful in your replies.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 12:37   #12713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
There are 2 pictures taken from same place and the beam pattern looks different in both and is above cutoff level in both. You could post better pics of the cutoff if this is a issue in the pictures or get them aligned.

The beam pattern of high and low beams are different. Therefore, the throw would be different for both.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th March 2024 at 22:13. Reason: Please watch your tone. Be respectful towards fellow bhpians.
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th March 2024, 12:50   #12714
BHPian

Quote:
The beam pattern of high and low beams are different. Therefore, the throw would be different for both.
He is right though. The beam patterns are absolutely different (and the car is in the exact same place + angle) - meaning one pic is high beam and the other is low beam.

And both of them are shining too high - so low or high, your beams are misaligned in that photo.
There is going to be a light-leveling switch inside your car - and if thats not enough (it looks like it wont be for this case), then there are easy screw-type (Philips-type or hex head) knobs under the bonnet to adjust these - easy enough to do it yourself (Your user manual also will have this info)

And I am not talking about the low-beam-cutoff line either - which is also off (meaning your bulb is misaligned inside the reflector or of the wrong shape for your reflector).

I have had a couple of close calls because of other people's super blinding light hitting the eye... If the person opposite to you can't see the road because they are blinded, it doesnt matter how much light you have - they can still end up hitting you (on top of them hitting something else).

So for others safety and your own safety, please get them checked and corrected at a good lighting shop.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th March 2024 at 22:14. Reason: Editing quoted post.
Transmission is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 12:54   #12715
BHPian

Quote:

That is what im trying to make you understand. In both the pictures of low and high beam, the cutoff is going towards the high trees which means light in both beams will cause glare to oncoming cars.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th March 2024 at 22:14. Reason: Editing post. Calm down.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 19:45   #12716
Senior - BHPian

The headlight beam is scattered, and highly unsafe for oncoming traffic.

Anyway, best of luck with your install, and hope you realize and resolve the issues.
There are no 2 ways about it, an LED bulb has NO place in a reflector/projector meant for Halogens. And no amount of driving experience, nor internet warriorship can change that fact.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th March 2024 at 22:15. Reason: Calm down.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 00:12   #12717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
The headlight beam is scattered, and highly unsafe for oncoming traffic.

Anyway, best of luck with your install, and hope you realize and resolve the issues.
I went back to the store and got the Led setup removed and got Osram Halogen bulbs fixed. This is what I should have done at first go. Thanks to the members, Mr. Nobody, Transmission who pointed out what was wrong. I stand corrected and one always learns. Thank you very much.
Cheers
rajeevsulu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 07:00   #12718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went back to the store and got the Led setup removed and got Osram Halogen bulbs fixed. This is what I should have done at first go. Thanks to the members, Mr. Nobody, Transmission who pointed out what was wrong. I stand corrected and one always learns. Thank you very much.
Cheers
So happy to hear that. Well done, sir. Hope you enjoy your drives with that setup.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 12:43   #12719
BHPian

Was just browsing Youtube and saw an interesting lighting product by AES. After tri color fog lamps, now headlamp projectors are also coming with tri colors. So all those who enjoy yellow light now have another option in headlamp retrofits.

Name:  Headlightprojectorwith3ColoursAesupswaymakersDjsAutomotiveYouTubeezgif.comresize.gif
Views: 87
Size:  6.17 MB
Attached Images

Old 29th March 2024, 07:29   #12720
BHPian

I have recently upgraded to Osram 50 W LED on my Hyundai Verna Fluidic 4S which has Halogen projectors. Initial impression is pretty underwhelming. If at all, it's marginally better than the halogens. However I'm not sure if the LEDs are aligned properly. The high beam I feel is a bit scattered. It's an HB3 type bulb that acts as both High and Low.

Here are a couple of pics of the cut off lines. Not the darkest of places, to click the picture. However can someone help me if this cut off pattern looks alright
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20240328122306.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20240328122257.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks