Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2020, 21:18   #11956

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini83BLR View Post
Jeep compass stock HID's are not great, any recommendation on upgrade without voiding the warranty?

Even in slight drizzle in the night visibility is very poor.

Preferred location: Bangalore
I swapped the stock halogens in my Compass LTD for these.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Happy with the output in the limited use I've put them through till now. You can also get them in the warmer 4500k temperate if you want.
adityagurjar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 09:12   #11957

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityagurjar View Post
I swapped the stock halogens in my Compass LTD for these.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Happy with the output in the limited use I've put them through till now. You can also get them in the warmer 4500k temperate if you want.
Thanks, planning to replace the stock HID's with good quality pair of 4300K HID bulbs.
Gemini83BLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 16:47   #11958
BHPian

Hi I am looking to change the halogen h27 foglamp of creta to led I also plan to use a yellow film to counter fog. please suggest a good brand.
Sanket299 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 21:07   #11959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanket299 View Post
Hi I am looking to change the halogen h27 foglamp of creta to led I also plan to use a yellow film to counter fog. please suggest a good brand.
Please avoid using a film as it blocks actual lumens on the road. Go with projectors and 3000k or 4300k hid's.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 16:35   #11960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The only worthwhile upgrade which can be done for cars with projector halogen headlights is to put in 35w HID retrofit kits with 4300k cct. This gives an actual 2.5 increase in light levels and is actually effective. However this should be done only in projector lens headlights and NOT in reflector headlights.
Very useful insight. I'm looking to improve the lighting of my Verna SXO 2015 that comes with Halogen Projectors. Can you share a specific model reference for these 35w HID retrofit kits and a ball park cost.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 17:23   #11961
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Very useful insight. I'm looking to improve the lighting of my Verna SXO 2015 that comes with Halogen Projectors. Can you share a specific model reference for these 35w HID retrofit kits and a ball park cost.
Check this link - here

You'll need to drill a hole in the headlight dust cap for the HID wires to pass through, rest all is plug and play.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 17:40   #11962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Depending on your bulb type (check the halogen bulb type in your manual)
The corresponding HID kit will be D+original bulb type. For example if your original Halogen bulb is HB3, the HID kit required will be DHB3.
There are two CCTs available in Osram in India - 6000K (which is cool white) and 4200k (which is neutral white). I would recommend you get the 4200k one.
Am sharing a link for one of the Osram HID kits on Amazon (for reference) but make sure to get the correct HID kit as per your OE bulb.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B071G58L1M/..._GXj2FbB1HJNMJ
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 14:16   #11963
BHPian

Hi, How can I improve the headlights of Pajero Glx? I do have Lightforce but was wondering if the stock headlights could be improved upon. Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 01:17   #11964
Senior - BHPian

For my Thar v1, I have following in mind: Phillips relay to handle 100/90 bulbs + Osram/Philips 100/90 Rallye bulbs. Suggestions welcome.
Also looked into Osram nightbreaker lazer (55w) bulbs which are surprisingly quite costly, however reviews suggest 100/90 give out better output. Ruled out LEDs because I am unsure how would be the spread from Thar’s stock reflectors.

I have Hella 500FF comets on order. Combined with above setup, this should solve lighting issues IMO. Thoughts?
Old 24th December 2020, 17:29   #11965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
For my Thar v1, I have following in mind: Phillips relay to handle 100/90 bulbs + Osram/Philips 100/90 Rallye bulbs. Suggestions welcome.
Also looked into Osram nightbreaker lazer (55w) bulbs which are surprisingly quite costly, however reviews suggest 100/90 give out better output. Ruled out LEDs because I am unsure how would be the spread from Thar’s stock reflectors.

I have Hella 500FF comets on order. Combined with above setup, this should solve lighting issues IMO. Thoughts?
Quoting my own post. Luckily, a shop here had relay and bulbs, both by Philips, in stock. They threw in installation for free (wasn't too difficult),will check the actual spread and depth tonight! The mech said you'll definitely see difference compared to any other upgrade. While I doubt this will be as good as HID kit, expecting noticeable improvement. Let's see.

Hellas are still coming. Need to decide a place for them to fit.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th December 2020 at 01:32. Reason: Extra space
Old 25th December 2020, 03:34   #11966
Sen
BHPian

Is it even possible to change the LEDs on an OEM LED setup from the factory at all? I'm sincerely not too satisfied with the throw on my new Vento's LED headlights, and night driving feels basically out of the question, especially in rainy conditions.

Any inputs welcome and appreciated!
Old 25th December 2020, 09:16   #11967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
Is it even possible to change the LEDs on an OEM LED setup from the factory at all? I'm sincerely not too satisfied with the throw on my new Vento's LED headlights, and night driving feels basically out of the question, especially in rainy conditions.

Any inputs welcome and appreciated!
Very difficult and may not be feasible at all. What I recommend is that you get third party Vento headlight units with Xenon projectors and swap out the whole headlights. Check on mxsmotorsport (search on google) - they have some options.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 21:35   #11968
BHPian

Guys need help to understand if the below mentioned bulbs would fit a 2015 Honda City iDtec. Checked out Bodomo and it states the OEM Bulb is Stanley H11 12 V, 55W.

Philips H11 WBT10 12362 Crystal Vision Headlight Bulb (12V, 55W, 2 Bulbs)

Also any recommendations for LED reading lights in the cabin ?

Last edited by Karan_n8 : 29th December 2020 at 21:36.
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:52   #11969
BHPian

The stock headlight of my VW Vento(2012 model) is not at all bright. What are my options to increase the brightness (other than changing to Philips or Osram bulbs). Can I convert it to HID/LED Unit. If it is possible then please suggest the best place to do it in Bangalore.
Old 4th January 2021, 13:54   #11970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check this link - here

You'll need to drill a hole in the headlight dust cap for the HID wires to pass through, rest all is plug and play.
Thanks. Wouldn't this void the warranty? The accessories dealer is claiming it wont, but I am skeptical as this involves connecting a ballast which I assume would mean a non plug and play operation. I have a SX 2019 model with halogen projectors and I have an extended warranty of 100K KM / 5Y and my car has done only 28K KM.
SU-30MKI is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks