Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
  Search this Thread
5,044,096 views
Old 21st August 2020, 01:18   #11836
BHPian
 
Rshrey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Delhi
Posts: 340
Thanked: 648 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have also used Osram All Weather 100/90W bulbs which give warm yellow light and are fantastic even in heavy rains. However the above Rally bulbs (Philips or Osram) are brighter and have a longer throw. Unless you are driving regularly in fog and/or rains, I would suggest Rally bulbs.
I was considering this option for better light output but my local FNG electrician told me those bulbs are meant for trucks and will melt the healight in my car so I shrugged the idea away.

Have you faced any such issues?
Rshrey22 is offline  
Old 21st August 2020, 11:21   #11837
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,383
Thanked: 10,502 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmeet View Post
Hi, i have a lame question / favor to ask for... I have the new Ertiga ZXi Auto (2019)which comes with "yellow" lights projectors. My simple ask is to change to "White" lights without the warranty getting affected. Is that possible, if yes then how and where can i get it done in Gurgaon / Delhi? TIA..
The cheaper route would be replacing the stock bulbs with something like Osram Cool Blue bulbs of stock rating. This will address the looks part. These bulbs are available at most car accessory stores or you can order online too and fit them yourself. Look for the correct bulb type and then order.

For example:
https://www.amazon.in/Osram-9006-Coo...=1&ext_vrnc=hi

However if you are looking for better lighting performance as well, getting a reputed HID kit. A kit with 5500K HID bulbs will work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
I was considering this option for better light output but my local FNG electrician told me those bulbs are meant for trucks and will melt the healight in my car so I shrugged the idea away.

Have you faced any such issues?
I used it for 6 months/7.5k kms without any side effects, the 100/90W rated ones. Before using those All Weather bulbs, I was using Rally bulbs of 100/90W rating for two years/30 k kms on the stock reflectors without any issue.

You can see the current status of the reflectors on my car in this post of mine:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4760218

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st August 2020 at 11:25.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 13:59   #11838
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: PB 23/48, KA51
Posts: 24
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Philips Rally slightly better than the Osram Rallye 100/90W bulb.

I have also used Osram All Weather 100/90W bulbs which give warm yellow light and are fantastic even in heavy rains. However the above Rally bulbs (Philips or Osram) are brighter and have a longer throw. Unless you are driving regularly in fog and/or rains, I would suggest Rally bulbs.
Thanks ashis89. I think i'll go for Rally bulbs.
I see you too are from Bangalore. Can you suggest a electrical/FNG shop from where i can get it done? (Preferable Bangalore South). If you can suggest a good wiring kit brand also, i'll try my hands on DIY. Thanks
abhi.modi05 is offline  
Old 21st August 2020, 14:58   #11839
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,383
Thanked: 10,502 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.modi05 View Post
Thanks ashis89. I think i'll go for Rally bulbs.
I see you too are from Bangalore. Can you suggest a electrical/FNG shop from where i can get it done? (Preferable Bangalore South). If you can suggest a good wiring kit brand also, i'll try my hands on DIY. Thanks
I moved to Bangalore recently. Even I was looking for FNGs few weeks ago and was helped by fellow BHPians with few suggestions.

1. A1 Car Care Centre, Jayanagar.

2. Pride Cars, RR Nagar .

3. Kriti Car Care, Nagawara

I used Philips relay in my car and it has been going strong for the past 3 years now.

https://www.amazon.in/Philips-12003X.../dp/B00PN5IPCC
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 17:33   #11840
BHPian
 
Safari_Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 376
Thanked: 343 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmeet View Post
Hi, i have a lame question / favor to ask for... I have the new Ertiga ZXi Auto (2019)which comes with "yellow" lights projectors. My simple ask is to change to "White" lights without the warranty getting affected. Is that possible, if yes then how and where can i get it done in Gurgaon / Delhi? TIA..
Replace those bulbs with HID or LED , there would be no issues with heat dissipation plus output would be far superior.
Safari_Beast is offline  
Old 26th August 2020, 11:20   #11841
BHPian
 
skrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 53
Thanked: 12 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Has anyone changed Jeep Compass Sports Plus Quad Halogen Lights with LED bulbs? The current headlights are very inadequate on the highway.

I was thinking about getting PHILIPS Ultinon Essential X2 LED Head Lights 6000K for low beams and Osram halogens for high beams. Does anyone have a feedback on these LED bulbs and whether they work with a reflector setup?

I was also planning to upgrade the DRL bulbs to LEDs and was thinking about Alla 2504 PSX24W LED Fog Lights Bulbs. Has anyone tried these LEDs and does it have an issue of the LEDs staying on even after the car has switched off? Any other LEDs for the DRLs that I can explore.

Regards
skrules is offline  
Old 26th August 2020, 11:40   #11842
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,789
Thanked: 17,371 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
I was thinking about getting PHILIPS Ultinon Essential X2 LED Head Lights 6000K for low beams and Osram halogens for high beams. Does anyone have a feedback on these LED bulbs and whether they work with a reflector setup?
I don't own a Compass so my inputs cannot be 1:1 applicable, but just sharing my experience.
The Ultinon and other similar LEDs are actually made for reflector setups. So no worry about it. They work better in reflector compared to stock OEM projectors generally.
I used Philips Ultinon LEDs in my previous car as part of my multiple attempts and combinations to improve illumination. However - I found them worse than even the stock 55W Osram H7 halogen bulbs. The 6000K LEDs sure look very premium and their "instant ON" behaviour is a good sight. But they are less than useless at least in the monsoons in my part of the world (which is same as yours!). Even more so when the roads have potholes & lane markers have vanished. The light is all but invisible in rain. (And mine was an original kit made in Germany, not an import from China.) When I sold the car - I didn't even bother about taking these fairly new & costly items out. Gave them away.

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th August 2020 at 11:43.
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 22:20   #11843
BHPian
 
maheshm619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: KL-47 / UP-79
Posts: 172
Thanked: 721 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

@Surya-TJet

Hi,

I'm planning for an upgrade to fog lamps in my freestyle to fog projectors (most probably from Blaze India , considering their warranty). I was thinking of 55w,4300k. Isn't Ecosport having 55W fogs too ? , any reason to go for 35w setup ?.
Also please let me know the overall improvement you are feeling (is the upgrade worth the $$$ ?)

TIA

Last edited by maheshm619 : 28th August 2020 at 22:44. Reason: could not reply to quote
maheshm619 is offline  
Old 30th August 2020, 07:57   #11844
BHPian
 
Surya-TJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: On the Road
Posts: 148
Thanked: 388 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
Has anyone changed Jeep Compass Sports Plus Quad Halogen Lights with LED bulbs? The current headlights are very inadequate on the highway.

I was thinking about getting PHILIPS Ultinon Essential X2 LED Head Lights 6000K for low beams and Osram halogens for high beams. Does anyone have a feedback on these LED bulbs and whether they work with a reflector setup?

I was also planning to upgrade the DRL bulbs to LEDs and was thinking about Alla 2504 PSX24W LED Fog Lights Bulbs. Has anyone tried these LEDs and does it have an issue of the LEDs staying on even after the car has switched off? Any other LEDs for the DRLs that I can explore.

Regards
Hi,

Since you have quad reflector setup; I will suggest the following options:

1. If having limited budget; go for Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force bulbs in both low and high beams. And use 3" Bi-Xenon Fog Projectors in place of OE fog lamps. Use a 40A relay and run 55w 4300k HIDs. Wire up your fog projector high beam to a switch in the dashboard. This way; you will have superior lighting and control over your fog projector high beam. Should cost under 20k for all 4 headlamp bulbs change + fog lamp upgrade. Will give a good improvement in lighting compared to stock without disturbing the warranty aspect.
2. If budget is not a concern; go for Morimoto D2S 5.0 bixenon projector with 50W 4800k HID kit in your low beam slot. Use Philips bulbs on high beam. If you really want lights like a stadium; go for fog lamp upgrade as well along with the headlight. Should cost around 55-60k depending upon your requirement of bling additions to the headlamp projector (angel/demon eyes, RGB effects, shrouds, custom painting etc.)

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshm619 View Post
@Surya-TJet

Hi,

I'm planning for an upgrade to fog lamps in my freestyle to fog projectors (most probably from Blaze India , considering their warranty). I was thinking of 55w,4300k. Isn't Ecosport having 55W fogs too ? , any reason to go for 35w setup ?.
Also please let me know the overall improvement you are feeling (is the upgrade worth the $$$ ?)

TIA
Hi,

I will suggest 35w HID as the OE fog lamp fuse rating is 15A. The 35W HID kit draws around 12-13A during start up (for the first few seconds) and then settles around 9-10A in operation.

The 55w HID draws around 17-20A during start up (for the first few seconds) and then settles around 13-14A in operation.

The problem is; if your car's AC clutch kicks in during the HID start up; it will continue to draw more power from the battery to stabilize the startup; which will blow your fog lamp fuse. But if you use a 35W HID; it won't cause any such issues.

Also, wiring will start to corrode internally and increase their resistance over the years; which means; the wiring will lose 1-2A of current carrying capacity over a span of around 8-10 years.

So, over the long term; the 55w HID puts more strain on the harness and has higher chances of fire risk.

If you still wish to use 55W HID; then you will have to use a relay kit powered by the battery and then give that supply to the fog lamp. Blaze India does offer a relay setup along with the HID kit. Be sure to use the grounding nut above the battery for the negative supply of the relay. Or else; your BCM will throw multiple errors and Ford will create troubles for future warranty claims.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2020 at 10:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote functionality (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts at once. Thanks!
Surya-TJet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 10:02   #11845
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: DL 09
Posts: 94
Thanked: 118 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
If you still wish to use 55W HID; then you will have to use a relay kit powered by the battery and then give that supply to the fog lamp. Blaze India does offer a relay setup along with the HID kit. Be sure to use the grounding nut above the battery for the negative supply of the relay. Or else; your BCM will throw multiple errors and Ford will create troubles for future warranty claims.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Hello, can you please elaborate more on this? Last time when I tried to install a relay, the setup did not work in my Aspire and hence, I had to install it without a relay. The HID kit for the projectors is powered by the stock harness only.
MrBeast is offline  
Old 30th August 2020, 12:02   #11846
BHPian
 
Surya-TJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: On the Road
Posts: 148
Thanked: 388 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
Hello, can you please elaborate more on this? Last time when I tried to install a relay, the setup did not work in my Aspire and hence, I had to install it without a relay. The HID kit for the projectors is powered by the stock harness only.
Hi,

If you have done a DIY; I suggest you to check the connection (please refer to the image attached). Also, be sure to ground the negative of the relay to the grounding nut on the chassis.

If the relay is still not working; it could be a faulty relay. Do use Philips / Hella / Minda relay. Avoid local brands. And be sure to get a relay with H11 harness connectors.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1598769154314.jpg  

Surya-TJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 12:24   #11847
BHPian
 
smileline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Pune, MH-12
Posts: 154
Thanked: 304 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Please suggest a good setup for my pre-facelifted, Diesel Vitara Brezza. Interested in a good pair of projector foglights, which won't affect the warranty, post installation.

Please suggest a good mechanic/accessories store, in Pune for getting these sort of electrical works with good amount of expertise.

Thanks in advance.
smileline is offline  
Old 30th August 2020, 19:58   #11848
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: DL 09
Posts: 94
Thanked: 118 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post

If the relay is still not working; it could be a faulty relay. Do use Philips / Hella / Minda relay. Avoid local brands. And be sure to get a relay with H11 harness connectors.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Can you also share the type of relay which has to be used in these kind of setups please?
MrBeast is offline  
Old 30th August 2020, 20:05   #11849
BHPian
 
Surya-TJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: On the Road
Posts: 148
Thanked: 388 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
Can you also share the type of relay which has to be used in these kind of setups please?
Hi,

You can use the relay from Minda / Philips / Hella. Ask the auto parts dealer in your city. He will give you. It should look something like the one in this image.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1598798120826.jpg  

Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 20:14   #11850
BHPian
 
Surya-TJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: On the Road
Posts: 148
Thanked: 388 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Please suggest a good setup for my pre-facelifted, Diesel Vitara Brezza. Interested in a good pair of projector foglights, which won't affect the warranty, post installation.

Please suggest a good mechanic/accessories store, in Pune for getting these sort of electrical works with good amount of expertise.

Thanks in advance.
You can look at Sai Car Decor & Balaji Car Decor. Not sure about the expertise. The above mentioned two shops are highest rated in google. Do speak with them and verify about such installations.

Go for IPHCar 3" bixenon projectors from Blaze India. A full kit with projectors + bulbs + relay wiring should cost you 8k with 1 year warranty. Or if these shops have it as a kit and will cover for warranty themselves; you can get it installed through them.

Or if you wish to get from a reputed brand; you can contact "The Automotive Lightibg Experts" in Bangalore on +917337777444. I'm sure they will have tie up with some installer in Pune. Not affiliated with them; just impressed by their videos and photos in Facebook. Do check them out yourself and take a call.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Surya-TJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks