Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2020, 09:52   #11686
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Does anyone have a clue which cars sold in India use the 9007 Headlight Bulb Configuration? These are similar to H4 and have a Hi/Lo in the same bulb (Dual Filament).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Any recommendations for a good HB3 pair of bulbs ? I am looking to change the present set of bulbs on my Creta.
Thanks.
One of the best bulbs available today are the Nineos - URL
If you can source it from the US, it should cost just $50. I have these on my Honda City for both the High Beam as well as the Low Beam.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 09:01   #11687
BHPian

Could anybody please help me with the bulb specifications for 2018 S Cross Zeta variant?
Both low beam in the projectors and the high beam in the reflectors?
My father has been using this car for a couple of years now, but the stock bulbs are woefully inadequate. Was contemplating upgrading to 4200k HIDs in the projectors and better quality halogens in the reflectors.

Thank you in advance!
Old 11th March 2020, 09:38   #11688
BHPian

I want to upgrade the headlights on my Aprilia SR150 scooter. Can anyone please suggest a good location in Chennai to get it done. I would prefer someone around KK Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Ramapuram area. If not then I am ready to go to GP road as well. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th March 2020, 08:00   #11689

Hi friends, I own a skoda rapid 2019 with dual headlights, low beam is projector whereas high beam is a reflector with halogen fittings, please suggest a good halogen upgrade for both headlights, also if you can share the size of OEM bulbs which comes along with the car. Regards.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th March 2020 at 08:37. Reason: Rule #1. No SMS / chat language. Pls = Please.
Old 15th March 2020, 11:33   #11690
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Pinkcity View Post
Hi friends, I own a Skoda rapid 2019 with dual headlights, the low beam is projector whereas high beam is a reflector with halogen fittings, please suggest a good halogen upgrade for both headlights, also if you can share the size of OEM bulbs which comes along with the car. Regards.
I think the owner's manual will have the details you need regarding the bulb type and wattage. Have you checked in it?
Old 20th March 2020, 15:17   #11691
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends, I own a skoda rapid 2019 with dual headlights, low beam is projector whereas high beam is a reflector with halogen fittings, please suggest a good halogen upgrade for both headlights, also if you can share the size of OEM bulbs which comes along with the car. Regards.
The bulbs used are H7, on all four slots. There are halogen options like Osram Night Breakers or Philips X-treme Vision which claims to be around 130% brighter. I have used them personally on my bike and cars, couldn't tell any significant improvement over stock. Definitely, not worth the price . I am in the same boat and thinking of going for HIDs or LEDs in a few months.

Would love to learn from respected members about options available for low beam projectors. How finicky is Skoda with respect to these modifications?

Last edited by Tuisha110HP : 20th March 2020 at 15:32. Reason: Asked suggestions.
Old 20th March 2020, 15:48   #11692
Senior - BHPian

Question on Osram Night Breakers or Philips X-treme Vision. Are they really worth as replacement over stock ones? Actually the person at service center recommended the same for my Ertiga. And if they are not significantly better over stock I will not go for them considering the price they come at.
Old 20th March 2020, 16:09   #11693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
The bulbs used are H7, on all four slots. There are halogen options like Osram Night Breakers or Philips X-treme Vision which claims to be around 130% brighter. I have used them personally on my bike and cars, couldn't tell any significant improvement over stock. Definitely, not worth the price . I am in the same boat and thinking of going for HIDs or LEDs in a few months.

Would love to learn from respected members about options available for low beam projectors. How finicky is Skoda with respect to these modifications?
Low Beam - HID Bulbs since headlamp has projectors.

High Beam - Higher wattage H7 Bulb. HID bulbs are not recommended for reflector type of set up.

Also LED bulb is not recommended as you need reflectors designed to suit throw of the light.
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 10:58   #11694

Will it be wise to replace rapid OEM highbeam reflector bulbs from existing H7 55W to H7 80W either Osram or Bosch PX26D socket. Please suggest.
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:14   #11695
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking to upgrade the headlamps in my Terrano.
The low beams are 60W H7 which are adequate, a upgrade will be welcome but not a necessity. Hi beams are 55W H1 which are focused well but inadequate.
I'm thinking of a upgrade to LED. Tried a borrowed pair of Philips Ultinon H1 LED's and focus was correct, but heat sink did not fit, and I do not like the pure white 6000K colour.
If any one has tried belt heat sink type LED which are available in 4300k I would prefer them.
Please suggest.

Rahul
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:33   #11696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Hi beams are 55W H1 which are focused well but inadequate.
Low beams are focused to hit the road surface, and are more visible. High-beams by alignment, are such that they seem to be not there until the light falls on something. Hope you are getting what I trying to say. example: if you hold a flashlight towards the ground, you will see it lighting up the surface. Raise the angle such that the flashlight is horizontal to the ground, and it would seem not much lighting is there - though it is the same beam. The lighting makes is presence felt when the light falls on some object. And on the road, it is the same.

Hence suggest to re-look at the thought of upgrading the lights. If you do, I suggest getting HID's there rather than going for higher-power halogens.
Old 23rd March 2020, 05:56   #11697

Quote:
Will it be wise to replace rapid OEM highbeam reflector bulbs from existing H7 55W to H7 80W either Osram or Bosch PX26D socket. Please suggest.
No, higher wattage may damaged your stock wiring and your headlamp. Have you already tried Philips XtremeVision H7 or Osram Nightbreaker H7?
Old 23rd March 2020, 10:28   #11698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hence suggest to re-look at the thought of upgrading the lights. If you do, I suggest getting HID's there rather than going for higher-power halogens.
Hi Condor,

I also had the same question as Rahul. To upgrade to HIDs, the entire headlight assembly and the wiring needs to be changed, right?

I am getting confused between so many things! Reflectors, Halogens, LEDs, HIDs, Osram, Philips, wattage
Old 23rd March 2020, 11:25   #11699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I also had the same question as Rahul. To upgrade to HIDs, the entire headlight assembly and the wiring needs to be changed, right?
Not always the case. I have replaced my Halogen with HID. Had to cut the rubber dust cap to allow the wires to come in. You have to get the same type of bulb, and this means the bulb is a direct fit into the holder. The HID ballast input plugs into the OE connector, and then you connect the output of the ballast to the bulb. I have not see the Ford's bulbs hence cannot answer you 100%. So suggest to check threads on your car model for this mod.

Color temp ( I prefer 4300k). Cool whites are not great in rain. I wont replace LED in the headlamps meant for Halogen because the reflectors are designed for Halogen and not LED. I also suggest reading the lighting section for more info.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 11:34   #11700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not always the case. I have replaced my Halogen with HID.
HID in a halogen reflector? Or have I got it wrong?

This is something most of us think is not an ideal set up because a halogen reflector is simply not designed for HIDs and the beams normally do not do justice since they mostly spread than focus and also pose danger to the oncoming traffic due to the glare.

May be you can post few images of your set up, preferably taken on a dark stretch to better understand and help us here.

Edit: Since you drive a Storme, realised this comes with a Projector set up.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd March 2020 at 11:46.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks