Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2020, 13:01   #11641
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hope he used a similar type HID bulb to check?!

Also check if the ballasts are functioning or gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Issue seems to be with the ballasts. Try using the original kaput HID bulbs with a different set of ballasts. If that fails, you're probably gonna have to replace the entire kit (a pair of new ballasts + bulbs).

(PS: I wouldn't rule out a fuse issue, yet. In my case, my left HID low beam bulb stopped working. High beams and right side HID bulb were fine. The guy replaced the fuse and things went back to normal.)
Thanks for replying guys. The guy did use a different HID bulb which matched the bulbs from my HID, then he even changed the ballasts also but it didn't worked. He even took apart the HID ballast and tried using a normal bulb and that didn't work either. And as I said all the fuses were checked and they are in working condition. Now what to do?
Old 8th January 2020, 13:46   #11642
Senior - BHPian

Hi. You have a wiring issue then. Does your mechanic know how to use a voltmeter. Check for voltage and ground availablity at the connector or wire ends
Old 8th January 2020, 20:07   #11643
BHPian

Is it possible to increase the light output of led projectors of z+ variants? I found them to be insufficient. Please comment.
Old 9th January 2020, 16:14   #11644
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Powerbulbs stopped free shipping to India sometime ago and charge close to 8 pounds for shipping.
Attachment 1835260
For the paid tracked shipping they use Royal Mail which in-turn uses Indiapost for the delivery. It is one of the worst delivery service I have experienced where nobody has any responsibility and tries to blame each other. My shipment from Powerbulbs is stuck with local post office for past 25 days (post customs clearance) for some missing customs duty list. And no one has any clue about how to get it sorted out. Even after multiple visits it is just useless with them. I have given up all my hope on them.

Powerbulbs has agreed to refund as the shipment has overall taken more than 2 months and still not delivered. Good support from Powerbulbs. And on enquiring further they do offer DHL service but you need to get in touch with their support for that.
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 23:06   #11645
Senior - BHPian

I had bought Headlight Assemblies for our Xylo E8 ABS from Parts big boss in Aug 2017.
But the Headlight Assemblies received were of D2 Variant and had no Manual Adjust Setting.

The OEM Headlights (those came with car) were as below-
m2all Headlamp Assembly LH for Mahindra Xylo Type-1
Now I want to Replace the Headlight Assemblies with those of Xylo Type-2 ones as below-
m2all Headlamp Assembly LH for Mahindra Xylo Type-2
Is it possible to fit the Xylo Type-2 Headlights (Motorised Version) on our Xylo (The OEM Headlight that came with the car had Motorised Headlights)?

Are the Mounting Brackets and the Motor Connector Socket identical in case of Type-1 and Type-2 Headlights?

The Price Difference between the two (Type-1 and Type-2) as per m2all website is Rs.224/- only.
Old 13th January 2020, 17:03   #11646

I have Hyundia venue SX+ the stock head light has projectors with HB3 bulbs , i am looking to upgrade stock halogens to better ones . Can some one suggest good halogens .
Old 14th January 2020, 14:16   #11647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hope he used a similar type HID bulb to check?!

Also check if the ballasts are functioning or gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Hi. You have a wiring issue then. Does your mechanic know how to use a voltmeter. Check for voltage and ground availablity at the connector or wire ends
I got it checked again and the culprit seems to be the earth wire. HID is working fine because he checked it directly by connecting a wire with battery. Now the question is how to get the wiring checked as there so many wires and how much would it cost to get the wiring changed (which i'll get it done at an authorized dealer).
My mechanic said that he can either do the HID's direct or put a switch somewhere under the dash or steering which will operate the low beams as he will connect a wire from the fuse box and do a "jugad" for the low beams to work through that switch (which I really don't want to do).
Old 14th January 2020, 14:49   #11648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I had bought Headlight Assemblies for our Xylo E8 ABS from Parts big boss in Aug 2017.
But the Headlight Assemblies received were of D2 Variant and had no Manual Adjust Setting.

The OEM Headlights (those came with car) were as below-
m2all Headlamp Assembly LH for Mahindra Xylo Type-1
Now I want to Replace the Headlight Assemblies with those of Xylo Type-2 ones as below-
m2all Headlamp Assembly LH for Mahindra Xylo Type-2
Is it possible to fit the Xylo Type-2 Headlights (Motorised Version) on our Xylo (The OEM Headlight that came with the car had Motorised Headlights)?

Are the Mounting Brackets and the Motor Connector Socket identical in case of Type-1 and Type-2 Headlights?

The Price Difference between the two (Type-1 and Type-2) as per m2all website is Rs.224/- only.
From the pics i see that the type 1 headlamp assembly has screw slots at the base and the type 2 does not have them. So it may not be a direct fit
Old 14th January 2020, 16:29   #11649
Senior - BHPian

I am still trying to figure out what I should do for better light out of my 2016 Ertiga's main lamps. When checked with SA at Maruti service he said there are Philips Xtreme vision lamps (not LEDs) with same 55/60 watts and there is no need to add extra relay. He also mentioned the light will be improved. My query is on the reality on that "improved light" statement. The price he mentioned was some 550/- per lamp whereas the conventional 55/60 watt lamps are available at around 100/- per piece. Will it really help?
Old 14th January 2020, 17:48   #11650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
When checked with SA at Maruti service he said there are Philips Xtreme vision lamps (not LEDs) with same 55/60 watts and there is no need to add extra relay. He also mentioned the light will be improved. My query is on the reality on that "improved light" statement.
You can go for osram night breaker laser or philips extreme vision. These are 55/60 watt bulbs and can be installed as a direct swap with stock headlights. But the improvements over stock is marginal. You won't notice much in low beam but there is a considerable improvement in high beam. Still it's not sufficient for highway runs.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 23:44   #11651

Polo 6R Headlamp Upgrade

Hi,
I've 2010 Polo 6R with the dual beam headlights. Since the stock bulbs were pathetic, I've changed them to Osram Nightbreakers. The marginal improvement it provided was just adequate for the city, but off late the number of highway trips have drastically increased and the need for a better set of headlights is required. I prefer a stock look and hence am thinking about retrofitting the 6C single beam headlights.

I got 3 questions relating to this :
1) Is the retrofitting process possible?
2) The dealers are quoting 12k per headlamp while I got a quote for a pair of Hella make headlamps for 15k from a FNG. Is the price and quality justifiable?
3) Any better solutions available?
Old 16th January 2020, 14:51   #11652
BHPian

Re: Polo 6R Headlamp Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardsurfer View Post
I got 3 questions relating to this :
1) Is the retrofitting process possible?
2) The dealers are quoting 12k per headlamp while I got a quote for a pair of Hella make headlamps for 15k from a FNG. Is the price and quality justifiable?
3) Any better solutions available?
Retrofit a pair of good Bi xenon projectors in the low beam housing. Should not cost more than 10-12k at shops. Its a superior solution to any halogen.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 16:58   #11653
BHPian

Hello there!
I own a Tata Manza 2010 which has dual headlights ( H7 socket ), and they are very poor in lightning the road ahead. Can someone suggest a good pair of bulbs ( LEDs or Halogens any of them) under 3-4k ?? I am really low on budget but need to upgrade them as soon as possible.
Old 16th January 2020, 16:59   #11654
Senior - BHPian

I am running into problems in installing HIDs in my Tucson's projectors.

After wiring up, The HIDs bulbs turn on for a second and then immediately turn off. I think (not sure) they are overloading the factory wiring?

If I connect HID + and - directly to the battery the bulb works fine. (SO I guess the ballast and bulb are ok)

Which solution is recommended?

1) Wire this directly from the battery with a relay- This is for h4 and hence will require some modification for my h7 bulbs

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07RBB1FHY/...=AN83E5PA1E258

2) Add a capacitor in the circuit

https://www.amazon.in/Tooarts-Decode...9174125&sr=8-1
Old 16th January 2020, 21:07   #11655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I am running into problems in installing HIDs in my Tucson's projectors.

After wiring up, The HIDs bulbs turn on for a second and then immediately turn off. I think (not sure) they are overloading the factory wiring?

If I connect HID + and - directly to the battery the bulb works fine. (SO I guess the ballast and bulb are ok)

Which solution is recommended?.....]
Does the Tucson have a Canbus kind of system ? Is yes then you need a canbus compatible ballast or a canbus cancellor for the lights and a capacitor wont help either. Also no need to use h4 relay when h7 relays are also there.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed