Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 18:41   #4186
BHPian

I agree. I enquired once again with other dealers. None of them had 4300k and more over everyone quotes P8 as a popular brand. Let do more research before buying one.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:35   #4187
Senior - BHPian

Got my Philips Extreme Power bulbs 9006 delivered today. Interestingly they are made in India, got shipped from HK and I paid top dollars!
Old 26th August 2010, 20:09   #4188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I agree. I enquired once again with other dealers. None of them had 4300k and more over everyone quotes P8 as a popular brand. Let do more research before buying one.
Yes. Please do. But what i recommend is 4300k or 6000k and NOTHING ABOVE 6000K. You dont need any research for that but please go ahead, take time and decide whether 4300k or 6000k is suitable for you.

Cheers mate
Old 26th August 2010, 20:43   #4189
BHPian

naveen, how about non-HID replacements. I was going through the philips website and found the below:

Philips Lighting India - DiamondVision

Whitelight and extreme light seem to be temping as a part of non-HID replacement.
Old 26th August 2010, 20:50   #4190
Senior - BHPian

I have a small question what is the main difference between Hella500FF / 700FF and Hella Rellayes 1000/3000 /4000.

I mean for what purpose which one should be used. I really cant put my requirement here in precise words but basically what I want is night driving comfirt without blinding oncoming traffic.

Can I install 90/100 bulbs in these casings it there any problem related to blackening etc ?
Old 26th August 2010, 22:01   #4191
BHPian

i have swift and i want to upgrade my stoke head lamp with philips Diamond vision.
i asked for this lamp in some car accessory shop in my city but they said they don't have this but they said that 90/100 is best option but i don't want any modification.
Is philips Diamond Vision(5000K) is best chose for me?
Old 27th August 2010, 09:57   #4192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
naveen, how about non-HID replacements. I was going through the philips website and found the below:

Philips Lighting India - DiamondVision

Whitelight and extreme light seem to be temping as a part of non-HID replacement.
Please note that these lights wont produce the effect and brightness as they advertise. They say you get 80% effect of HID's which is not true. It wont have the pure white output as seen in HID's. Just something different from the normal stock bulbs. That's it. I have personally used Osram bulbs before changing to HID's.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:04   #4193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvc_4125 View Post
i have swift and i want to upgrade my stoke head lamp with philips Diamond vision.
i asked for this lamp in some car accessory shop in my city but they said they don't have this but they said that 90/100 is best option but i don't want any modification.
Is philips Diamond Vision(5000K) is best chose for me?
NVC.

90/100 means you will have to install relays, ceramic holders and proper wiring.
Diamond vision means you just need to change the stock bulbs.

What are your priorities?
Is it for better visibility?
Is it just for the looks?

You can check out HID's but be prepared to spend atleast 7k for them.
Let me know.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:17   #4194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Please note that these lights wont produce the effect and brightness as they advertise. They say you get 80% effect of HID's which is not true. It wont have the pure white output as seen in HID's. Just something different from the normal stock bulbs. That's it. I have personally used Osram bulbs before changing to HID's.
Hi Naveen, Thanks for this information. Just a small question: "Would this philips diamond vision be better than the stock bulbs?". I want to do a stock upgrade so that I can get really good and much better vision while driving at night. I drive 50 % during broad day light and 50% during night. The stocks are bad. I initially through of going for HIDs but now thinking against it as I want to cross the honeymoon period (warranty) before any mods.

If i were to replace I10 stock bulbs, which do you think would be perfect (non-HIDs). I do not want to alter the headlights, just want bulbs which can be swapped.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:29   #4195
Senior - BHPian

I have used Phillips 90/100 which is available in Mahavir - GP road in my X Bolero Storm. Great performance - no complaints until an idiot banged the vehicle!!

Ofcourse, I used the proper wires and relays! Go for it if you want WHITE HLs.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:37   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Got my Philips Extreme Power bulbs 9006 delivered today. Interestingly they are made in India, got shipped from HK and I paid top dollars!
which shop you got them installed? I too have H4 bulbs.. once when I tried, WF Honda refused to change them, as it was not purchased from them. I heard its a tough DIY job for swapping bulb in NHC, otherwise I would like to give try.
Old 27th August 2010, 14:05   #4197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Naveen, Thanks for this information. Just a small question: "Would this philips diamond vision be better than the stock bulbs?". I want to do a stock upgrade so that I can get really good and much better vision while driving at night. I drive 50 % during broad day light and 50% during night. The stocks are bad. I initially through of going for HIDs but now thinking against it as I want to cross the honeymoon period (warranty) before any mods.

If i were to replace I10 stock bulbs, which do you think would be perfect (non-HIDs). I do not want to alter the headlights, just want bulbs which can be swapped.
If you do not want any alterations you can go in for these bulbs. This would be better than the stock HL. Although the output wouldnt be that great, it would certainly bring a refreshing look to the car. Else, you will need to go in for HID or higher rated bulbs(dont prefer this).
Old 27th August 2010, 21:39   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
NVC.

90/100 means you will have to install relays, ceramic holders and proper wiring.
Diamond vision means you just need to change the stock bulbs.

What are your priorities?
Is it for better visibility?
Is it just for the looks?

You can check out HID's but be prepared to spend atleast 7k for them.
Let me know.

my priority is better visibility.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:25   #4199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Diamond should be ok but I would suggest Rally.

Whitish light = less penetration =>less visibility 6000k/8000k etc

Rally would 3000kish or so which is ideal.
Old 28th August 2010, 16:19   #4200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This should be fine. If you want better visibility, you can check out higher rated bulbs. But this might affect the HL during the long run.
Else, you have HIDs which will be expensive. Starts from around 7k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks