Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:21   #4051
BHPian

Navin and Nimal, thanks friends

Hi Navin/Nirmal,
Thanks for that. Yup, I'll upload the pics.
In low beam, I noticed there's a bit of scattering.
It's OK,right? Am I right in assuming that the reason for scattering could be not having projector assembly.
Nirmal,
Too much scattering, would it attract police attention here in Bang?

Hey Navin,
Do you know anyplace in Trichur where they do projector setup?
My hometown is Palakkad. I'll be there in the 1st week of Sep.

Thanks in advance,
Binu

Regards,
BR
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:11   #4052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Hi Navin/Nirmal,
It's OK,right? Am I right in assuming that the reason for scattering could be not having projector assembly.

Nirmal,
There will be a bit of scattering, which is normal. If you have a projector assy, then the light will of course be much better focused.

I haven't been questioned about it even once ! I see the cops are more worried about drunken driving than bright headlights
You've upgraded to the 4300 K right ? that is more on the yellowish side, so shouldn't be any concerns i guess !
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:27   #4053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Hey guys,

Got my Hella projector fogs yesterday.. Started installing them in the morning and it was done by noon. It was a hectic job to install them in my bumper, It needed some cutting and stuff but no cut was visible after installing them.. Throw is good and the cutoff line is sharp, Check the pictures attached, These pics were clicked at 6pm So there was still osme light around, I'll click some day and night pics later.

( Upgrade halogens to HId in the projectors? Worth it? )
Good light throw. I was looking for fog lights for my Santro as well.
How much did it cost you ?
what is the specification of these fog lights did it require any relay ?
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:50   #4054
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Naveen - Tried searching for the right thread about the 4300 K vs 6000 K comparison but couldn't get it, could you please paste the right one here ? Would be interesting to see the comparison pics !
This is what you are looking for:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2006478

Be patient! The ones that you want are at the end of the post.

Hope this helps.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:28   #4055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Good light throw. I was looking for fog lights for my Santro as well.
How much did it cost you ?
what is the specification of these fog lights did it require any relay ?
well, For santro you need to get someting else as these foglamps ar oveal in shape.. the projector is round but the frame is oval.. its running on 55w H3 hella halogen... it comes with everything required for installation.. even the relay is included.. also a switch which looks cool... including shipping it costed me around 3.5k or something..
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:24   #4056
BHPian

One feedback that i got from a shop is that Philips is not ready to honour their waranties on HID's. The dealer said he has to fight for warranty replacements.
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:41   #4057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

This is what you are looking for:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2006478

Be patient! The ones that you want are at the end of the post.

Hope this helps.
Thanks ! Very informative, projectors definitely do make quite a difference in making all the light output very much usable ! The light is more even on the road, was hoping someone does this comparison !

King of my world - The effect is really neat how about the safety aspect of installing them like that, any danger from small stones thrown up while driving ? Water entry during monsoons, etc ?
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:04   #4058
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to change the headlight low beam bulbs for my Civic. Would like to know if anybody has changed it here. I am looking at a regular 55W HB4 bulb which provides better illumination and throw of light compared to the stock ones. I dont want to look at HID option as it may affect the warranty of electricals. I believe Philips Extreme Power is a good option as seen from some reviews. However I don't see it listed in their Indian site for HB4 type. Are there any other good options?
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:17   #4059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Navin/Nirmal,
Nirmal,

Hey Navin,
Do you know anyplace in Trichur where they do projector setup?
My hometown is Palakkad. I'll be there in the 1st week of Sep.

Thanks in advance,
Binu

Regards,
BR
Binu:

This is because you dont have projectors. Try not to flash them or use high in city drives.
I dont think custom projector setup is carried out anywhere in Kerala. The best place in Kerala would be Cochin/Trivandrum. But I have seen only readymade kits here. No custom DIY kits here. For that I think Bangy would be right choice. Else, you can ship them from Delhi.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:20   #4060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ! Very informative, projectors definitely do make quite a difference in making all the light output very much usable ! The light is more even on the road, was hoping someone does this comparison !

King of my world - The effect is really neat how about the safety aspect of installing them like that, any danger from small stones thrown up while driving ? Water entry during monsoons, etc ?
Thanks Nirmal. Yes, this definitely shows the difference.
No problems as such. But formation of Mist might be there during the initial installation but that will be gone in few days. Other than that everything is just perfect.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:32   #4061
BHPian

Quote:
There will be a bit of scattering, which is normal. If you have a projector assy, then the light will of course be much better focused.

I haven't been questioned about it even once ! I see the cops are more worried about drunken driving than bright headlights
You've upgraded to the 4300 K right ? that is more on the yellowish side, so shouldn't be any concerns i guess !
Hi Nirmal,
I installed 6000K . Called up AK Traders, JC Road and Philips guys.
Both of them said they have stopped manufacturing 4300K.
AK Traders guys went on to the extent that all Philips automotive lighting products are RTO approved.
You know any place in Bangalore ( you had mentioned Sprocket) where I can buy projector assembly kit.
One of our fellow BHPians (Mr.Nobody) has a spare bi-xenon projector kit. Are the projector assembly kits same for H1, H4 and other variants of bulbs. I remember either you or Navin mentioning about different projector assembly for H1 and H4 types of bulbs.
Unless and until I am very sure I don't want to invest 5K+ amount.
Also I need to find a good mechanic too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Binu:

This is because you dont have projectors. Try not to flash them or use high in city drives.
I dont think custom projector setup is carried out anywhere in Kerala. The best place in Kerala would be Cochin/Trivandrum. But I have seen only readymade kits here. No custom DIY kits here. For that I think Bangy would be right choice. Else, you can ship them from Delhi.
Hi Navin,
I don't think I can do it on my own. Not very adept at these kind of stuff.
Do you mean you have seen ready made projector kits in Cochin? Could you please let me know the details of the shop?
Please send me the details of Delhi shops too, if you have.

Thanks guys,

BR
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:08   #4062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nirmal,
I installed 6000K . Called up AK Traders, JC Road and Philips guys.
Both of them said they have stopped manufacturing 4300K.
AK Traders guys went on to the extent that all Philips automotive lighting products are RTO approved.
You know any place in Bangalore ( you had mentioned Sprocket) where I can buy projector assembly kit.
One of our fellow BHPians (Mr.Nobody) has a spare bi-xenon projector kit. Are the projector assembly kits same for H1, H4 and other variants of bulbs. I remember either you or Navin mentioning about different projector assembly for H1 and H4 types of bulbs.
Unless and until I am very sure I don't want to invest 5K+ amount.
Also I need to find a good mechanic too.

Hi Navin,
I don't think I can do it on my own. Not very adept at these kind of stuff.
Do you mean you have seen ready made projector kits in Cochin? Could you please let me know the details of the shop?
Please send me the details of Delhi shops too, if you have.

Thanks guys,

BR
@BR
In Bangy, you have Sprocket.
You will have to check whether the existing HIDs will fit the spare Projector setup. Projector setup will have different bulb configurations. So make sure that they fit. But that's not all. Since this is just a Projector assembly, you will have to install them to your existing headlight assembly. You will need one very talented mechanic for this. So make sure you find one such installer before going in.

I havent seen any readymade SX4 Projectors in Cochin or rather, anywhere in India. But have seen few in Singapore market.
Try to contact Mr. Yatharth at +919873984765, +919873484422
Info@performancezone.co.in
Showroom
53 (Part),Commercial Complex, South Patel Nagar,
Near Patel Nagar Metro Station, New Delhi-110008
They are into custom projector headlights.
Else, you can source some readymade SX4 projector from the Asian market. Try google and you will find many shops in Singapore, Malaysia offering shipment of these.
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:00   #4063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
@BR
In Bangy, you have Sprocket.
You will have to check whether the existing HIDs will fit the spare Projector setup. Projector setup will have different bulb configurations. So make sure that they fit. But that's not all. Since this is just a Projector assembly, you will have to install them to your existing headlight assembly. You will need one very talented mechanic for this. So make sure you find one such installer before going in.

I havent seen any readymade SX4 Projectors in Cochin or rather, anywhere in India. But have seen few in Singapore market.
Try to contact Mr. Yatharth at +919873984765, +919873484422
Info@performancezone.co.in
Showroom
53 (Part),Commercial Complex, South Patel Nagar,
Near Patel Nagar Metro Station, New Delhi-110008
They are into custom projector headlights.
Else, you can source some readymade SX4 projector from the Asian market. Try google and you will find many shops in Singapore, Malaysia offering shipment of these.

Thanks a lot Navin for that information. I'll try that and update you.
Nirmal wasn't too impressed with the Sprocket guys.(he mentioned that in one of his posts)

BR
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:41   #4064
BHPian

Hi BR - There must be some mistake, Sprocket guys are fine, i just installed the ANHC HID kit from them last week !! Speak to John of Sprocket, hes their main technical guy, he will give you more information on the options available to you !
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:52   #4065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Hey guys,

Got my Hella projector fogs yesterday.. Started installing them in the morning and it was done by noon. It was a hectic job to install them in my bumper, It needed some cutting and stuff but no cut was visible after installing them.. Throw is good and the cutoff line is sharp, Check the pictures attached, These pics were clicked at 6pm So there was still osme light around, I'll click some day and night pics later.

( Upgrade halogens to HId in the projectors? Worth it? )
Whats the model number for these fogs? and the cost? post some pics on the road. you have really got me thinking of fixing these on my zen which already has a oem fog.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks