Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 12:32   #3976

Guys - Anybody know where I can get H1,H7 ceramic holders in Bangalore? I've only seen H4 ceramic holders in the shops.

thanks
Old 28th June 2010, 21:34   #3977
BHPian

Hello, I have been searching to upgrade my Fiesta's headlamps to 100/90.

The problem is it has separate bulbs for low beam and high beam.Therefore, a lot of shops i inquired claim that its not possible to upgrade Fiesta's lamps to 100/90, while others claim that its very risky and problematic.
Is that true?

If not where might i get them in Bangalore?
Old 30th June 2010, 17:01   #3978
BHPian

Hi,

Need help, I have a 2003 Zen mpfi with glass lens. I have had Crystalvision and Visionplus and just dont help especially for highways. I have also used Philips 100/130 for 2.5 years with exceptional performance

My query
1. Can i change my current prism lens to Zen Carbon (2 door) clear lens, if yes who (MASS or Accessory Dealer) can help
2. Will put 130/100 again, also with glass lens I find the lighting amazing but is there any known issue with older zen reflectors
3. How can I brighten pilot lamps, though I run good headlamps, but the pilot lamps just look so shriveled compared to the headlamp. After lot of inquiry, no success.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:27   #3979
BHPian

Ford Fiesta Bulb type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Hello, I have been searching to upgrade my Fiesta's headlamps to 100/90.
100/90 type spec is usually meant for dual filament bulbs such as H4. These are for Dual-headlamp cars. For the quad type ones you have on your car, you might have H1 + H7 combination for short and long beams. You can get these details from your car manual (some section that talks about replacing parts) or other fellow owners.

Once you determine the bulb type, you can then look for performance bulbs of that same category. For my case, I have both H1 type bulbs in short and long beam pair of headlamps and I use Osram night breakers on both the two pairs. They work pretty fine for me.

HTH,
KK
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:49   #3980
BHPian

Hella Relay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
My existing relay looks like this:
(Courtesy: http://images.solidcactus.com/autobarn/hel87106.jpg)

Any idea, where can I get a spare of this relay

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
KK
Old 5th July 2010, 22:14   #3981
Senior - BHPian

Auxillary Lamps For Ritz

Hi Friends.
I wanted to check , if its possible to fix auxiliary-lamps in Ritz.
I feel the front of the Ritz will look really nice with auxiliary-lamps fitted and moreover it will also help to improve the visibility ( the stock lamps are bad, real bad ).
Please advise , and also how much does good pair of lamp costs ?
Saw a couple of safari's with Light Force lamps, they looked really nice.

Cheers
Old 5th July 2010, 22:52   #3982
BHPian

Can some one help me in focusing the headlight of OHC Type 2 . I remember that i saw some photos of the adjusting nut but couldnt recollect in which thread ?
Old 5th July 2010, 23:24   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Hi Friends.
I wanted to check , if its possible to fix auxiliary-lamps in Ritz.
I feel the front of the Ritz will look really nice with auxiliary-lamps fitted and moreover it will also help to improve the visibility ( the stock lamps are bad, real bad ).
Please advise , and also how much does good pair of lamp costs ?
Saw a couple of safari's with Light Force lamps, they looked really nice.

Cheers
It is possible to fix auxiliary lamps. Get hella auxilarys if you have a small budget, say around 5k. If you don't mind spending more stacks, then get light force. they cost around 10k + ( if you want driving lights )
Old 6th July 2010, 07:25   #3984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
It is possible to fix auxiliary lamps. Get hella auxilarys if you have a small budget, say around 5k. If you don't mind spending more stacks, then get light force. they cost around 10k + ( if you want driving lights )
Dear Schoudhury,

Last day I checked with an accessory shop in Cochin for Hella Comet 450 series. They have it for 3K for a set. I don't remember if it included wiring harness.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:06   #3985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Dear Schoudhury,

Last day I checked with an accessory shop in Cochin for Hella Comet 450 series. They have it for 3K for a set. I don't remember if it included wiring harness.

Thanks,
Jose.
Hella supplies all its light range with the wiring harness, mounting brackets , fuses etc. If you spend a few grand more, you can probably get hella projector lamps. like the one posted below, reviews say its prety good. check on ebay for hella optilux 1102.

OT : I ordered it along with H3 hids. Eagerly waiting for it to arrive
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-optilux1102electronbluedefoglightslarge.jpg  

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 6th July 2010 at 12:12.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:20   #3986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
OT : I ordered it along with H3 hids. Eagerly waiting for it to arrive
That is a good one I suppose. Any price and order term details please ?
Old 6th July 2010, 12:24   #3987
BHPian

Costs appx 120-130 $ for both HID and the projectors. If you want only projector then it'll sum up to 90$ including shipping. I'll post a review once I get the product. I'll be doing the install as always so guys, Need some hints on where to mount it. ( btw, I drive a 5 speed mpfi M800 )
Old 11th July 2010, 20:42   #3988
BHPian

Hi Guys,
is it a good idea to replace halogen bulbs to HID in the older type non clear lens headlamps?
i'm not thinking of adding projector lenses but just replacing the bulbs. to my best knowledge i think they'll work fine, but i tired to look at other conversions on older cars and they all have replaced their glass lenses to clear lenses. what do you guys think... will the conversion work by just changing the bulbs??
oh and the car i'm talking about is a 1984 Mercedes W123

Last edited by msaudf : 11th July 2010 at 20:45.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:46   #3989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
Hi Guys,
is it a good idea to replace halogen bulbs to HID in the older type non clear lens headlamp?
i'm not thinking of adding projector lenses but just the bulbs. to my best knowledge i think they'll work fine, but i tired to look at other conversions on older cars and they all have replaced their glass lenses to clear lenses. what do you guys think... will the conversion work by just changing the bulbs??
non clear lens one will block a lot of usable light . you can anyway upgrade to HID kit now and if too much light is being blocked you should go for clear lens .
Old 12th July 2010, 03:08   #3990
BHPian

is that right?? if thats the case then I'm gonna stick to 100/90 halogens and my original headlamps and maybe go for the hella optilux 1102 as another member is opting for.
cheers mate

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks