Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2011, 20:00   #4726
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th February 2011 at 19:08.
sathyaprakash is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th February 2011, 20:55   #4727
Senior - BHPian

Guys I guess Retro Rides from delhi can make any custom headlight.

OHC VTEC you can get OHC projector headlights from bangkok.There is a shop in MBK mall which sells them.That shop is R styles.Check out their website too.
Old 6th February 2011, 19:55   #4728

I like to go for new headlamps for my Chevy Spark which can help me see clearly in Highways and also which will not strain eyes of other drivers. Please suggest a good one and also the shops in BLR (preferably JP nagar, Jayanagar area) I can buy and get it installed. Is there any RTO prescribed specification I need to look for when shopping for these head lamps?

Thanks for your info

Srini
Old 7th February 2011, 00:35   #4729
BHPian

Guys any idea what will be a good upgrade fot Ritz Fog Lamps ?

Anyone knows what is the bulb model ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th February 2011, 09:08   #4730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post
Thanx naveen.raju.After going through numerous forums i found this as the best design for the front but still have not found a good match for the rear..what do u think about this?
This looks good and different. We dont get to see OHC with projector HL's. If you cant find any lights for the rear, you can try getting it smoked. I think I have seen few cars with LED's. Keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini87 View Post
I like to go for new headlamps for my Chevy Spark which can help me see clearly in Highways and also which will not strain eyes of other drivers. Please suggest a good one and also the shops in BLR (preferably JP nagar, Jayanagar area) I can buy and get it installed. Is there any RTO prescribed specification I need to look for when shopping for these head lamps?

Thanks for your info

Srini
You can try getting higher rated bulbs (90/100) or go for the same wattage bulbs. If you go for higher rated bulbs, you need to get branded kit - Wires, relays, ceramic holders etc. For same rated bulbs, you dont need these.

I would recommend Philips. Higher rated bulbs are usually not legal but it's safe to use them.

As for the shops, other fellow Blore bhpians will help you out.

Cheers.!
Old 7th February 2011, 18:26   #4731
BANNED

Hey guys, i am planning to upgrade the lights of my swift Dzire. I currently have stock lights and i am very dissatisfied with them. For city they are fine but for the highway, they are really very bad.
i spoke to a dealer today regarding the philips essential vision bulbs, 100/90, he told me that they are not RTO approved and hence the cops may catch me.
He recommended OSRAM night breaker lights and he told me that they are simply replaceable and no harness or relay is required. Should i go for it? Are they any good? he is quoting 1600 for a pair.
Old 7th February 2011, 18:58   #4732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
Hey guys, i am planning to upgrade the lights of my swift Dzire. I currently have stock lights and i am very dissatisfied with them. For city they are fine but for the highway, they are really very bad.
i spoke to a dealer today regarding the philips essential vision bulbs, 100/90, he told me that they are not RTO approved and hence the cops may catch me.
He recommended OSRAM night breaker lights and he told me that they are simply replaceable and no harness or relay is required. Should i go for it? Are they any good? he is quoting 1600 for a pair.
Mehta,

Any higher rated bulbs, HID's are illegal. But proper use of these lights wont do any harm. I have used 90/100 w bulbs before and now am using HID's with projectors. These are doing great, providing amazing visibility.

I would recommend Philips. Are the OSRAM night breaker lights on the same wattage? I mean 55w? If so, these are expensive. I think these are of the same wattage since he mentioned no harness/relay is required.

If you go for higher rated bulbs you will need branded relay, ceramic holders and wiring kit. If it's of the same wattage, you wont require these. But since you are looking for improved lighting, you will need to upgrade to 90/100 w bulbs or HIDs, but HID's are expensive.

Cheers.!
Old 8th February 2011, 13:21   #4733
BHPian

I upgraded my ANHC headlights to Philips 100/90 bulbs with relay and I am happy with the performance. Offlate I hear from ppl that this setup would blacken the glass dome since they do not have a heat protector cover in front the bulb ? How true is this ? Is is safe to continue with this setup or revert back to stock lights ?

Also can anybody comment on the availability of angel light for ANHC.
Thanks.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:11   #4734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
I upgraded my ANHC headlights to Philips 100/90 bulbs with relay and I am happy with the performance. Offlate I hear from ppl that this setup would blacken the glass dome since they do not have a heat protector cover in front the bulb ? How true is this ? Is is safe to continue with this setup or revert back to stock lights ?

Thanks.
There's no heat shields but its glare shields which reduces the glares from the bulb to the oncoming traffic.

New generation cars are using polycarbonate lens for HLs because of the many different car designs with various headlight shapes. Polycarbonate is very light and can be easily transformed into an unlimited variety of shapes, and it's more durable and doesn't break easily. But it has its own demerits as it can get discoloured/hazy headlights give poor illumination due to many factors like heat, UV radiation, oxidation, abrasion, dirt & chemicals in atmosphere etc.

There are lot of people using 90/100 bulbs on the stock reflectors without any issues but they are also instances like fade/discouloring of HL glass due to excess heat produced by the bulb, but I think its just because of using local bulbs replaced by our ignorant grease monks or even using non recommended 100/130. Most of the HL's can withstand the heat of 90/100 provided if you use a good quality bulb. Cheap bulbs will not only offer poor lighting but also enhance the battery consumption as well as emitting more heat than a quality ones.

Another thing is usage, if you use it on a b2b traffic, your HL glass will heat up easily as there's no proper cooling process and hence the after effects. It needs proper cooling which is achieved by the normal drives.

Judicious usage of HLs can tackle this, like if you can use the fogs during b2b traffic rather than HLs it can reduce the chances which is not a good driving practice though.

The best thing is always stick to the stock condition as much as possible which is a pain nowadays as there are loads of after market stuffs are pouring into the market and after all who can resist the temptation for a better living
Old 8th February 2011, 15:10   #4735
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Mehta,

Any higher rated bulbs, HID's are illegal. But proper use of these lights wont do any harm. I have used 90/100 w bulbs before and now am using HID's with projectors. These are doing great, providing amazing visibility.

I would recommend Philips. Are the OSRAM night breaker lights on the same wattage? I mean 55w? If so, these are expensive. I think these are of the same wattage since he mentioned no harness/relay is required.

If you go for higher rated bulbs you will need branded relay, ceramic holders and wiring kit. If it's of the same wattage, you wont require these. But since you are looking for improved lighting, you will need to upgrade to 90/100 w bulbs or HIDs, but HID's are expensive.

Cheers.!
Thanks a lot! and your car definitely looks great! can you tell me how much did it cost for your upgrade? (hid's with projectors)? and yes, the osram lights i mentioned are of the same wattage.
So should go for philips essential vision 100/90? and how much does the ceramic holder and the wiring kit cost?
Old 8th February 2011, 19:58   #4736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post

Thanks.
It is safe to use the 100/90 on ANHC. I have got it on my friends vehicle for almost a year now and nothing has blackened. Except that we did change a few bulbs as the high beam used to conk out. but now with the Hella 100/90 - it has been a few months and have no conk outs so far.
Old 8th February 2011, 20:05   #4737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
It is safe to use the 100/90 on ANHC. I have got it on my friends vehicle for almost a year now and nothing has blackened. Except that we did change a few bulbs as the high beam used to conk out. but now with the Hella 100/90 - it has been a few months and have no conk outs so far.
Its fully safe to use 100/90 on ANHC, but just you have to make sure you put relay setup. Dont ever put 100/90 directly to stock set up, it might burn your car electricals.

My experience with Hella is bad, lost two bulbs in 2 months. After that using Philips rally from 1 year, no problems faced.
Old 9th February 2011, 09:01   #4738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
Thanks a lot! and your car definitely looks great! can you tell me how much did it cost for your upgrade? (hid's with projectors)? and yes, the osram lights i mentioned are of the same wattage.
So should go for philips essential vision 100/90? and how much does the ceramic holder and the wiring kit cost?
Thanks Dude.! Here are the details of my setup

Angel Eye projectors - 13.5k
HID's - 7.5k
Installation free

I think you can go for higher rated bulbs. Since the bulbs are of the same wattage, it will have a small difference in visibility. I would recommend you to go for higher rated bulbs since you want better visibility. I bought Osram Cool Blue (90/100w) bulbs with ceramic holders, wires, relays for 1.6k (with installation).

Cheers.!
Old 12th February 2011, 22:17   #4739
BHPian

initial reference link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2057174

I had got the relay changed to MINDA's long back and since then the fuse problem seems sorted.
Mostly I use the Low beam. Recently, one after another, Low of both side bulbs conked-off (High was fine) and I got it replaced for Rs.200 each. That guy, after verifying the period of usage, replied that 4 months was a very good life of such bulb !! Query-1: Is that true ?

Query-2: I'm sure these 100/130 are generating lot of heat (I verified few times by touching the glass, it was hot!). Will it have any ill impact on the reflector element or the glass ? Pl assist to ease my tension !

thanks,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 12th February 2011 at 22:23. Reason: another query
Old 13th February 2011, 10:27   #4740

I had a query. Has anyone ever tried LED H4 Bulbs yet??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks