Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 12:40   #4681
Senior - BHPian

Auxiliary lamps in Safari

Dear Experts,

What are the ways to fit Auxiliary lamps in Safari without going for bull guard? Can we make some custom fitments just for fitting auxiliary lamps?

I want to fit 4 lamps in my Safari

1. A pair of Hello 700FF probably for spot long distance highway usage
2. A pair of Neolites flood beam pattern.

I can see there are a pair of tight bolts which holds inter-cooler guard. Any suggestion for custom light holding fabrication in Bangalore?
Old 14th January 2011, 12:43   #4682
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

hey does any body know where can i get this in bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-0904_4wd_04_z2007_jeep_wranglerlight_bar.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-sqpd.jpg  

Old 14th January 2011, 17:57   #4683
BHPian

Re: Lights not switching off

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Guys, I had a peculiar problem: Have fitted a 100/90 bulbs with relay (Hella) and after some time driving at night when i put "off" the lights from the stalk control (drivers RHS) the bulbs remain "on" I solved the problem by driving some few feet forward and then the bulbs went off. Probabaly the vibrations of the short drive induced the relay to cut off the bulbs.

Anyone else faced siilar issues???
I have also faced this same issue. The problem with my setup was the relay used. After changing of the relay to PMP, this issue have disappeared.
Old 15th January 2011, 11:30   #4684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
I have also faced this same issue. The problem with my setup was the relay used. After changing of the relay to PMP, this issue have disappeared.
Sticky relay contacts. Its time to replace the relays
Old 19th January 2011, 16:18   #4685

Hey guys could anyone tell me how much will it cost me to replace a dead xenon bulb from my laura ,

is it safe to take it from market or the dealer .
Old 19th January 2011, 17:00   #4686
Senior - BHPian

Changed from Bosch 90/100 to Philips Rally 90/100. Rally is better for sure but costs double the price! ( 80-85 for Bosch and Rally costs 165rs)
Old 19th January 2011, 17:19   #4687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Changed from Bosch 90/100 to Philips Rally 90/100. Rally is better for sure but costs double the price!
IMO, which bulb suits a car better would depend on the reflector shape. You would have to put in each and check which one works better for your car.
Old 19th January 2011, 19:49   #4688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Changed from Bosch 90/100 to Philips Rally 90/100. Rally is better for sure but costs double the price! ( 80-85 for Bosch and Rally costs 165rs)
I have upgraded to Philips Rally series bulbs with Hella wiring harness. These bulbs are very, very bright. But, I'm told that they have a short lifespan.

Did you get them in Blister pack or in the small box packing (red & white color)?

There is also a Symbol on the packaging suggesting not to use dipper frequently, I am not sure why

Last edited by JustCause : 19th January 2011 at 19:51.
Old 20th January 2011, 21:55   #4689
Senior - BHPian

Got a pair of Philips xtreme power for my 5-year old Honda City today. I wanted to improve lighting without the hassle of wiring etc. For that limited purpose, my initial impression is that they are definitely brighter than the stock H4s with longer throw. I can see better with these at night for sure.
Old 23rd January 2011, 23:22   #4690
Senior - BHPian

Guys im planningg to upgrade the bulbs in our ANHC to the white bulbs.Budget does not permit HID's.
Im mainly looking for a white throw by the bulbs.Which bulbs would you all suggest me which should fit without modifying with the head lights.Im thinking of something by philips as it is a reputed brand.
I would not like to void the warranty.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 24th January 2011, 10:19   #4691
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Guys im planningg to upgrade the bulbs in our ANHC to the white bulbs.Budget does not permit HID's.
Im mainly looking for a white throw by the bulbs.Which bulbs would you all suggest me which should fit without modifying with the head lights.Im thinking of something by philips as it is a reputed brand.

You can stick with stock wattage or go in for 90/100w. For this you need to install relays. ceramic holders and proper wiring. I would recommend Philips brand. You have many bulbs from Philips that offers white light. But kindly note that these bulb wont produce pure white light as bright as HID's (like you see in BMW, Audi, Merc etc). There will only be a slight difference in the output. These will have a tinge of white color.
For that pure, bright white light output you will need to install HID's.

Cheers.!
Old 24th January 2011, 13:10   #4692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post

Cityvic, like I said in my earlier post, get Philips Xtreme Power. They are awesome. No change will be required to the car, the old bulbs will just be swapped with the new ones as the voltage and wattage is the same. The light is brighter and whiter with longer throw. After my last post, I was so impressed with these bulbs that I went and got the bulbs changed in my other car as well.
Philips also makes a range of regular, halogen bulbs that produce white light called Crystal Vision, I think. But they will be no brighter than your regular bulbs - just white light. Again no change is needed to the car.
Disclaimer - I am not associated with Philips in any way.

Last edited by StarScream : 24th January 2011 at 13:16.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:10   #4693
BHPian

My swifty lighting detailed video

Here is the video of the complete lighting add-ons which is on my swifty- sportsmind. Also has the projector fog lamp which i had earlier mentioned in the thread.

Last edited by Sportsmind : 24th January 2011 at 16:12.
Sportsmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2011, 16:13   #4694
t18
BHPian

Hi guys,
Recently I got sun film on my alto's(800) windshield. Though the film is not dark, I am facing problems driving in night. My alto is running on the stock headlight, and I use only Low Beam. I am able to see only the road as far as the light throw, not able to see pedestrians or other obstacles.

Please suggest an upgrade for better visiblity.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:25   #4695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Hi guys,
Recently I got sun film on my alto's(800) windshield. Though the film is not dark, I am facing problems driving in night. My alto is running on the stock headlight, and I use only Low Beam. I am able to see only the road as far as the light throw, not able to see pedestrians or other obstacles.

Please suggest an upgrade for better visiblity.
You can check out higher rated bulbs (90/100w) from Philips. There are many cheaper brands but I recommend these. Make sure you have the complete kit which includes ceramic holders, relays, wiring kit and bulbs.

Most Viewed