Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:51   #12181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Essentially, I am worried if the auto on/off feature of the headlight switch might damage the bulbs, unless my understanding is way off!
Only flashing is not recommended for HIDs as the bulbs are expected to go to high intensity instantly. However switching on and off in a gaps of seconds wouldn't be a concern. As you rightly said, bulbs have their boot time which varies on temperature of the bulb. A cold bulb takes longer to attain full intensity, a hot one switches on instantly.

I have HIDs and auto-headlight too. Though I don't keep it in Auto mode as I don't find it very useful.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:49   #12182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Here's why I think it "Might" be an issue buddy:

- My auto-headlight switch has quite a sensitive inbuilt light sensor that switches on/off the headlight rapidly. For example, the lights come on within a couple of seconds of me entering an underpass and turns off after about 3 seconds of exiting it.
- Auto-headlight switch also provides coming home and leaving home function. The moment I lock/unlock the car, the lights come on and turn off after about 30 seconds.

These activities can damage the xenon bulbs as they are not instantaneous while powering on like the LEDs, and may have some amount of boot time.

Essentially, I am worried if the auto on/off feature of the headlight switch might damage the bulbs, unless my understanding is way off!
You can consider high quality LED projector retrofits (e.g., Morimoto M-LED2.0, NHK IV plus). Since you are in Bangalore do check out "Automotive Lighting Experts", they have good repute, it should cost you upwards of 30K. Frequent turning ON/OFF of HIDs will lowers it's life however nothing can beat the illumination provided by a 55W HID projector.

If you are worried by warranty, then you can consider high quality stock H7 LED replacements. Newer generation LEDs (e.g., SV.4, Morimoto 2stroke 3.0, Philips 9000pro) provide good illumination similar to 100W halogens but consumes lower power (under 55W) which your stock wiring can handle and hence can be used without voiding warranty. These costs 10-15K. Check out how they perform in my Ameo here (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here).
Lord Lucan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 20:06   #12183
BHPian

My long pending itch to do something new on my 6 year old car led me to ordering the 4300K GS HIDs from BlazeIndia. This was motivated by the same bulbs on the Nexon of Reinhard. I had earlier ordered some 4300K LEDs from Aliexpress but unfortunately the results were pathetic and hence gave up on LEDs.

Installing the bulbs was a 10 min job, and the results are awesome! My car has a projector low beam and this is one upgrade that i will recommend to everyone running low-beam halogen projectors. HIDs achieve full brightness in about 15-20 secs and the projector ensures absolutely no glare. An absolute WIN-WIN.These 4300K HIDs do look pretty white, only when compared directly with a 6000K setup, do we realise that they sit nicely between the Halogen & the LED colour temperature.

I'm also looking for recommendations for LED festoon bulbs for roof lamp, but anything from reputed manufacturers are simply not available on Amazon.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 20:18   #12184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Yes you should 100%. Your fog lamp wiring isn't made for hid which require higher power at startup.
Any suggestions for relay for a 55w fog light setup? Please provide, link, model, etc. I have no knowledge on this.

Is this fine ?

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-two.png
Old 4th October 2021, 21:59   #12185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Any suggestions for relay for a 55w fog light setup? Please provide, link, model, etc. I have no knowledge on this.

Is this fine ?

Attachment 2215038
This doesn't have any connectors. Best you ask the guy who sold the projectors and hid to give a relay also for it. It won't cost more than 500-800. Alternatively any car accessory shop should also have it.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 22:40   #12186
BHPian

Guys, I need a help from lighting experts here. My polo which is a 2016 highline model is having poor visibility at night while driving on highways. Can you all propose me a suitable plug and play bulb set which is easy to install and gives a decent throw? I don't want to experiment with relays or cutting wires for this mod. Your suggestions will help me a lot.

Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 16:48   #12187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello Vikram,
I never got around to it, now that you have asked this has piqued my interest again.
Are you also planning to go the bi-xenons?

Regards,
Hiren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It definitely is one of the best options for lighting upgrade. Just before you go ahead - do ensure that your car has 3" diameter circular fog-lamp housings. I'm pretty sure it does. But what you should also check is - whether there is about 5-6 inch clearance behind the housing for the projector and wiring to fit. Some cars have the wheel well splash guard too close on the inside of the fog lamp. Some have windshield washer fluid bottles, some have air-intake plumbing etc, behind the fog light mounts. Check for available space and then you can order bi-xenon projectors with HID lighting.
Thanks a lot sir.
Finally ordered from Blaze India, he recommended slightly costlier AES over IPH. I also got the relay from him as my current fogs were aftermarket.
He has sent me the attached pictures.
Will update post delivery and installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20211009wa0001.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20211009wa0002.jpg  

vikramvicky1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 13:53   #12188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post

Is this fine ?
The pic you attached is just the relay unit which is used for headlights with hi-low functionality and not for foglamps.
For my HID foglamp, I am using the below one purchased from amazon:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00XKK74Y2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Basically, you need to find a single beam relay! Please check with your foglamp supplier.
Or any universal single beam relay should be good after minor tweaks.
MithunSathianat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 18:32   #12189
BHPian

Looking to upgrade my XUV300 W6's headlights. They are H7. Konark (HSR) quoted approx 10k for yellow light, which seems very high to me. Could anyone recommend a good place in / near Whitefield, Bengaluru where I can upgrade my headlamps?
Old 27th October 2021, 21:14   #12190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Looking to upgrade my XUV300 W6's headlights. They are H7. Konark (HSR) quoted approx 10k for yellow light, which seems very high to me. Could anyone recommend a good place in / near Whitefield, Bengaluru where I can upgrade my headlamps?
Automotive Lighting Experts in CV Raman Nagar is the best place to get your headlights upgraded.
Search on google maps and talk to the owner, Mr. Anton.
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 16:46   #12191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Looking to upgrade my XUV300 W6's headlights. They are H7.
W4 & W6 use H4 bulbs. H7 bulbs are used for W8/W8(O) for the low beam projectors.

Your VFM option would be to get a 100/90watt Philips/Osram Rallye bulb pair with supporting harness and relay.

If you want to go higher, you can get a bi-xenon / bi-led projector retrofitted.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 21:26   #12192
Senior - BHPian

My Brezza’s headlights need a solid upgrade as the lighting is pretty dull at night which my wife noticed it and helped me realize it was indeed weak. So my next dilemma now is, the facelift model now has a sweet dual projector setup by default. When I enquired with my contacts at MASS, they totally rejected the idea of an upgrade because it wasn’t a direct swap with old Brezza. It seems the entire wiring and BCM has to be changed in order to accommodate the swap.

Practically or financially speaking it doesn’t make sense. 28k for a pair of new headlights. But, YouTube videos gave me some contacts who have performed the swap along with node to node wiring - so there’s no chance for a wire slit method.

Need some suggestions here;

1) should I just go in for a retrofitment of BI-LED projectors from IPHCAR or renowned products and get it done from professional headlight installers? I will also add projectors to the foglamps.

Or

2) should I go ahead and buy the new headlights costing 28k and go with node to node connector?
Old 30th October 2021, 22:10   #12193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
My Brezza’s headlights need a solid upgrade as the lighting is pretty dull at night which my wife noticed it and helped me realize it was indeed weak. So my next dilemma now is, the facelift model now has a sweet dual projector setup by default. When I enquired with my contacts at MASS, they totally rejected the idea of an upgrade because it wasn’t a direct swap with old Brezza. It seems the entire wiring and BCM has to be changed in order to accommodate the swap.

The 28k OEM ones wont perform as well as aftermarket options.

From aftermarket options:
1. Add Iph HID fog lamp projectors with 55w HID. This is a great option and you will see much better output. Cost will be 8-10k (Delhi prices).
2. Retrofit Bi-Led projectors (AES non-laser ones cost around 15k and is way better than Iph ) in headlight. Can later add iPh Bi-LED fog lamp ones for 7-8k if required.
Old 30th October 2021, 23:42   #12194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
The 28k OEM ones wont perform as well as aftermarket options.

From aftermarket options:
1. Add Iph HID fog lamp projectors with 55w HID. This is a great option and you will see much better output. Cost will be 8-10k (Delhi prices).
2. Retrofit Bi-Led projectors (AES non-laser ones cost around 15k and is way better than Iph ) in headlight. Can later add iPh Bi-LED fog lamp ones for 7-8k if required.
Thanks. Yes, I’m leaning towards buying an aftermarket solution. However, my only concern would be around disassembling the headlight assembly to complete retrofit. Just trying to find some good contacts in Bangalore who can do that for my car. Any leads from yourself or from our valued members would be of great help.
Old 31st October 2021, 06:23   #12195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Thanks. Yes, I’m leaning towards buying an aftermarket solution. However, my only concern would be around disassembling the headlight assembly to complete retrofit. Just trying to find some good contacts in Bangalore who can do that for my car. Any leads from yourself or from our valued members would be of great help.
Since the brezza already has low beam projectors, the first logical upgrade which can be done in 10 mins is to get HID bulbs in them at the right colour temperature. Do give it a thought.

I have 55ww HIDs which replace the H7 bulbs in my low beam projectors and i don't feel the need for anymore upgrades for city drives atleast!
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks