Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2022, 08:07   #12331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

^ Given its 5 years old, replace the existing halogen bulbs with a new set from Philips or Osram. They should cost about INR 300 for a set, try this before doing anything else. Those extra expensive halogen bulbs are no good.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 14:44   #12332

I have installed the Philips H4 Rally 130/100W with the Philips 12003XM H4 Heavy Duty Relay Wiring Kit in Baleno (2016, Delta). The stock lights were not performing well in Highways. Tried Philips 12342XVPB1 H4 X-treme Vision Plus but the difference was marginal. The usage is maximum of 1 to 2 hours, for 1 or 2 days per week. The Rally 130/100W heats up the lens, but no damages yet. The high beam is used scarcely. The performance is awesome

Philips H4 Rally 130/100W
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Philips 12003XM H4 Heavy Duty Relay Wiring Kit
KLxpress is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 18:56   #12333
BHPian

I am looking to replace the yellow map lights (front roof lights) on the Baleno with the LED bulbs.

Just want to confirm that we will need T10 bulbs for the same. I'm looking for a higher wattage bulbs. Most of them are 3w on Amazon while a few are even 5w.

Just wondering if we can do a 5w lamp there without damaging the wiring or the risk of overheating resulting in melting of plastic housing.
Old 14th June 2022, 19:14   #12334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
I am looking to replace the yellow map lights (front roof lights) on the Baleno with the LED bulbs.

Just want to confirm that we will need T10 bulbs for the same. I'm looking for a higher wattage bulbs. Most of them are 3w on Amazon while a few are even 5w.

Just wondering if we can do a 5w lamp there without damaging the wiring or the risk of overheating resulting in melting of plastic housing.
Cabin lights are usually festoon type. Please check what is there on your car.

LEDs are usually much brighter than the halogen. So a 3w bulb would also be better than the halogen. LEDs themselves are prone to failure due to heat. If you leave the cabin lights on for long, because of the heat generated the bulbs themselves might perish sooner even though the housing isn't impacted.

Hope it helps!
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 21:59   #12335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLxpress View Post
I have installed the Philips H4 Rally 130/100W with the Philips 12003XM H4 Heavy Duty Relay Wiring Kit in Baleno (2016, Delta)......
...The Rally 130/100W heats up the lens, but no damages yet. The high beam is used scarcely. The performance is awesome
Yes, no doubt the performance is awesome, but I was left with 2 set of burnt reflectors in my earlier cars after some years of using them, and had to replace the entire headlight unit.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 17:30   #12336

Hello all,

I'm looking to replace the existing fog lights of my 2015 S-cross Alpha variant with projector fog lights.

There are following options available -

1. IPH M612 Projectors + Crystal Eye HID kit 55W (4300K) - Rs. 8000
Browsing through the thread, I feel HID is the most preferred option.

2. IPH Projectors + Crystal Eye 120W LED (6500K) - Rs. 7200
Little concerned about the LED cooling fan projecting outside in the dusty conditions of our cities. Plus can also be susceptible to water damage maybe?

3. IPH M617 Tri-colour LED Projector (6000K, 4300K, 3000K)- Rs. 7800
Completely sealed unit. But this is 35W unit, so little apprehensive about the light output.

What do you guys recommend? Foggy weather is quite rare in Mumbai, so colour temperature is not an issue.

Also, can someone from Mumbai guide me from where I can procure these and also get these installed?
(The above mentioned prices are from Djs Automotive, Delhi.)
Old 5th July 2022, 21:20   #12337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps100050 View Post
Hello all,

3. IPH M617 Tri-colour LED Projector (6000K, 4300K, 3000K)- Rs. 7800
Completely sealed unit. But this is 35W unit, so little apprehensive about the light output.
(The above mentioned prices are from Djs Automotive, Delhi.)
I have the IPHM617 tri colour in my Jeep Compass fog lights (connected only with low beam function as I did not want to tap my high beam wires). The light output is excellent as well as beam reach and focus. As they are sealed fanless units, there is no risk of fan failure.
I would highly recommend them. They outshine even my 35W Hids which I have in my main beam projectors.

The benefit with Tricolour is also that you can generate 4k light too , apart from 2.7K and 6K
And I personally like 4k best.

As fog lights are very low in cars, It is best to go for fully sealed units like this as they are IP67 rated.

I got them from Blaze India, based at Delhi and they do have dealers in Mumbai too. Or you could order them online from them and have it fitted at a good FNG.

Last edited by Behemoth : 5th July 2022 at 21:24.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 18:20   #12338
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Even before I had decided on what car to buy, @Reinhard's fantastic thread on the Nexon's HID conversion (link (DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit)) had caught my eye and was in the list of things I wanted to do.

I now have a Mahindra XUV300 which has automatic headlamps and comes with halogen projectors for low beam and halogen reflectors for high beam. Needless to say, the stock headlight performance is not up to the mark on dark unlit roads even when the weather conditions are ideal. Since day 1, it has been on my list of things to do so I've now decided to take the plunge.

But the question I have is, does HID conversion kit work well with automatic headlamps? Since the HID would take time to glow in intensity, is there any harm done to the bulb or the kit itself (or worse the car?) if the auto headlamp comes on and turns off quickly (for example, when going into a long underpass).

I usually leave the lights on auto mode and let the car handle that by itself (works really well except for some places were it gets confused - very rare). So it is a feature that I've mostly gotten used to.

I can always turn it off, but wanted to understand if this is a problem at all. How do cars that come with stock auto headlamps with HID bulbs handle this?
Old 11th July 2022, 13:31   #12339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hello BHPians,
But the question I have is, does HID conversion kit work well with automatic headlamps? Since the HID would take time to glow in intensity, is there any harm done to the bulb or the kit itself (or worse the car?) if the auto headlamp comes on and turns off quickly (for example, when going into a long underpass).
The HID is just a bulb at this end with a ballast. Whether you use a halogen bulb, LED or HID, they still work with the auto-lamp feature. The underpass thing is 1 in 100 scenarios, although it matters the impact percentage is too little for the benefit it gives.

Quote:
I usually leave the lights on auto mode and let the car handle that by itself (works really well except for some places where it gets confused - very rare). So it is a feature that I've mostly gotten used to
Auto headlamps are quite sensitive. But it is a good thing, that is the reason we have DRLS; to improve our vehicle's visibility to others. Auto headlamp adds to it. Especially mornings in foggy areas where there is light and yet visibility is hampered.

Quote:
How do cars that come with stock auto headlamps with HID bulbs handle this?
Get the right wattage and quality HIDs for your car. You should be set. Please note that your company can still deny a warranty for your new lights.

PS -If your new lights are your only lights then flashing will not work with HID. This will be a problem.
Old 11th July 2022, 16:02   #12340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
I now have a Mahindra XUV300 which has automatic headlamps and comes with halogen projectors for low beam and halogen reflectors for high beam...

But the question I have is, does HID conversion kit work well with automatic headlamps? Since the HID would take time to glow in intensity, is there any harm done to the bulb or the kit itself (or worse the car?) ...
1. You can install the HIDs (with the ballast, of course) for the low beam projectors and leave the high beams with halogens - this will provide excellent illumination for the short throw but be warned that the high beams will be washed out. No harm done to the HIDs or to your electricals because of the auto headlamp feature.

2. Instead of HIDs, you can try out some good LEDs - I'm running Osrams for both low and high beams in my Brezza for 3-4 months and am quite satisfied with the improvement over stock halogens.

3. A much better alternative would be to install HID projector fogs and wire the high beam solenoid to the headlamp high beam.
Old 11th July 2022, 18:37   #12341

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The fogs are designed for diffuse lighting, so blinding is not an issue. Yes, I am using Osram NB+ in my Brio, with good results, but then again the light is 'colder'. not so good for fogs. My son has HIDs in his City but in projectors!
I see you are located in Gurgaon. Can you please tell me where you and your son got your HIDs installed? Specifically in a projector? I am looking out for a good installer to get my H4 based headlight system converted to Bi-xenon projector based system.
Old 11th July 2022, 18:50   #12342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

I got them from Blaze India, based at Delhi and they do have dealers in Mumbai too. Or you could order them online from them and have it fitted at a good FNG.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the projector fog lights. Will get in contact with Blaze India and check if it is possible to see the HID/LED's in action before taking the final plunge.
Old 13th July 2022, 09:12   #12343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLxpress View Post
I have installed the Philips H4 Rally 130/100W with the Philips 12003XM H4 Heavy Duty Relay Wiring Kit in Baleno (2016, Delta).
=====
Philips 12003XM H4 Heavy Duty Relay Wiring Kit
My 2014 Maruti Ertiga stock lights are super dull even with swapped new batteries few months back. Any idea, if above mentioned bulbs and relay kit will work for 2014 Ertiga? I'm asking from headlamp assembly and heating of casing perspective. Also it will be useful if you can mention the accessory store who installed it for you. As i live in north Bangalore, any trustable accessory shop for such work will be super useful
vinbie2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 12:40   #12344
BHPian

Need some help on headlight upgrade on my Octavia MK3 Ambition variant, it is a 2015 model. Currently it has halogens for both low and high beams and I find the throw of both to be inadequate, is it advisable to upgrade both to higher wattage bulbs ? Any other suggestions are also appreciated.
Old 13th July 2022, 16:32   #12345
BANNED

Toyota Glanza in its base spec comes with Halogen projectors, which have been reported as weak by many. What should be the ideal upgrade for it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks