Re: The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
as per my understanding and the hella website, there are 3 variants of the 500
500 fog
500 driving
500FF driving.

500 fog has a flood beam
500 driving and 500FF have bothspot beams, with FF having a longer throw.

still not sure if there is a 500FF fog - the link you posted is for the 500 fog
There isn’t a 500FF fog available.
However, there is a 500 Amber & a 500 Black Magic available. These are nothing but a lens cover swap job & a blacked out reflector version of the same 500 fog.

As you have already mentioned that the 500FF has the best throw when compared to the rest, I suggest you go for them, as they are very reliable & any cheap LED that you might buy will come with the additional doubt of it clonking off in any adverse conditions that you might need them in.

P.S - How old is your Indica, sir?

Last edited by navin : 5th December 2017 at 11:56. Reason: OP request
Old 5th December 2017, 11:07   #10832
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Not necessarily. A well designed reflector is better than projectors. Projectors are better for high lumen package lighting like HID and LED as the peripheral glare is better controlled.
Between a reflector system and a projector system with the same wattage halogen I would prefer a good reflector anyday.
So for the cases that I saw, we have to blame poor quality or low power bulbs? Should projectors be fitted with HIDs or LEDs only for best performance?
I have used the projectors of the Baleno and they are far ahead of what I saw on the Rapid.

Quote:
End of the day both systems can give good light on the road but projectors have fad value nowadays.
I thought the same but when I see the lighting effect is worse for a projector setup, I start questioning why the headlights are there on a car. To enhance to looks of the car or to light up the roads? Hence my post earlier.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th December 2017 at 12:28. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 5th December 2017, 11:22   #10833
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Led Driving lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I just want a good lighting solution, and the consensus is that the stock indica headlamp assembly is useless, hence me looking for auxillary laps
Some folks were saying that LED aux lamps are more cost effective ( cheaper and better) hence me looking at LED options. I am still open to suggestions
Hi Greenhorn,

I was going through the Team-BHP classifieds and came across these:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...k-4D-LED.html/

The description of the product is quite confusing. If you are interested you could contact the seller and ask for some pics after these have installed and decide for yourself.

OT: I find the Indica lights to be quite bright,especially the ones having the newer double barrel headlamps. How about upgrading your headlamp reflectors again, to the latest variety? This should be a cheaper option as well.
Old 5th December 2017, 12:01   #10834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
So for the cases that I saw, we have to blame poor quality or low power bulbs? Should projectors be fitted with HIDs or LEDs only for best performance?
I have used the projectors of the Baleno and they are far ahead of what I saw on the Rapid.
End of the day both systems can give good light on the road but projectors have fad value nowadays.
Quote:
I thought the same but when I see the lighting effect is worse for a projector setup, I start questioning why the headlights are there on a car. To enhance to looks of the car or to light up the roads? Hence my post earlier.
Yes, Projectors are best suitable for HIDs. With Halogens, Reflectors work well. With LEDs, the best is their own optics (Lens / reflectors) which are designed specially for that type of LED which is why you see most cars with LED headlights coming as Integrated units with a very different design. LEDs don't work too well in Optics designed for Halogens / HIDs.

Here is a very good article I found which outlines what type of LED Bulb is more effective in HID projector lens headlight setup. They have experimented and shown that a single LED source facing upwards is more effective in generating the right beam pattern and also higher light output in this setup:
http://www.ledoauto.com/blog/index.p...rojector-lens/

(Mods please merge with my previous response as it is in continuation to that. Thanks!)

Last edited by navin : 6th December 2017 at 11:10.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 14:58   #10835
Senior - BHPian

Bit the bullet and ordered a pair of 500FF from amazon
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
lets see if they do a good job
Old 10th December 2017, 12:08   #10836
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The first statement makes me want to congratulate you on overtaking these AL Dosts

Anyway, 2 of those should have been sufficient and also ensured better cooling for the radiator.
I agree that I should have put it with better clarity..
There were two dosts coming towards me in the opposite lane. One overtook another even when there wasnt enough space for it to squeeze past. That prompted me to evade and steer left towards the shoulder line without crossing it. The AL dosts were having upgraded bulbs and aux lamps. Because of the glare I didnt notice that the aged, lone and glare-blinded cylist was crossing the shoulder line on the unlit road. I braked the instant before collision and drew the brake mark line on the shoulder line. He survived.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 10th December 2017 at 12:10.
Old 10th December 2017, 16:02   #10837
BHPian

Guys, need some help in upgrading bulbs for Ciaz ZDI

Just follow criteria -
1. White light
2. Better illumination than stocks
3. Warranty should not be void ( aka no splicing, no relays etc )

As per manual, following bulbs are installed -

Headlight Halogen
High Beam 12V/55W H7
Low Beam 12V 55W H7/H11

Front fog light
12V/35W H8

Interior light
Front 12V 5W
Rear 12V 10W

License plate light 12V 5W W5W

Please share some links for purchasing !!
Old 10th December 2017, 21:00   #10838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Just follow criteria -
1. White light
Since your criteria was brighter & white lights, the suggestions below are directed towards the same.

Low beam - You can drop in an Osram H7 35W 4300K HID kit, as any colour temperature higher than that or higher wattage won’t be a sensible decision with the pathetic OEM projectors. Get the kit sourced from an official distributor, as there are a lot of fakes online, and get them installed from a trusted accessory shop who are affirmative that they can do the job without splicing wires.

High beam - Using an HID/LED kit isn’t recommended at any cost, as it’ll cause an insane amount of glare to the oncoming traffic. Thus, your safest bet for better illumination would be the Osram H7 P64210 Night Breaker Unlimited
https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00EPL...DwL&ref=plSrch

Fog light - Osram H8/H11 LED Retrofit
https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B01DLO...s=Osram+H8+HID

Interior light - I wouldn’t advise you to change the interior lights to LED ones, as they tend to stay on dimly even if you lock the car.
I personally find this very annoying, but you can go ahead with the install if you can make peace with this issue. However, since you haven’t specified the different bulb types used throughout the car, I can’t help you with the same.

License plate light - Osram LED T10 6000K
https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B01AG5...L9L&ref=plSrch
You should also use the same T10 bulbs to replace the halogen parking lights in the headlight housing.

Do you have a budget to stick to or are you planning on splurging on the mods?

Last edited by AShubrah : 10th December 2017 at 21:15.
Old 13th December 2017, 12:03   #10839
Distinguished - BHPian

I had posted a few days earlier about upgrading my Dio headlights to Osram Rallye 45/40W headlights which I have had a good experience with. It was out of stock but now it is back on sale, at a nice deal. Go for it in case someone wants a direct swap for the HS1 35W halogens in most two wheelers:

https://www.amazon.in/Osram-Halogen-...3144740&sr=1-5
Old 13th December 2017, 12:54   #10840
Senior - BHPian

I had posted this query in another old thread but did not get any reply probably because that thread was inactive for long time.

Hence, writing it again in this thread.

My Car Qualis head light (Right side) has lost its clarity. (Has been blurred out). Not sure, where and how this can be resolved. I tried removing the blurriness using the tooth paste method discussed in detail in one of the threads here but that was of very little improvement.

Request the experts to let me know where in Bangalore, the headlights can be cleaned and made "looks like new"? Please share the contact number if available
Secondly, what would be the approximate charges.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Have planned trip to Kanyakumari from 23rd Dec. Have only this Saturday to get this rectified. Hence, early reply would really help.

Last edited by gkveda : 13th December 2017 at 12:57.
Old 13th December 2017, 13:09   #10841
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

Request the experts to let me know where in Bangalore, the headlights can be cleaned and made "looks like new"? Please share the contact number if available

I saw this information yesterday in one of the WhatsApp groups. There is this place Feynlab in Bangalore who do car detailing, ceramic coating etc. I saw headlight restoration as one of the services offered. Check with them.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-feynlab.jpeg

Note: I am not from Bangalore and I do not have first hand experience with this place. Just sharing an information I came across.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 13:14   #10842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had posted this query in another old thread but did not get any reply probably because that thread was inactive for long time.

My Car Qualis head light (Right side) has lost its clarity. (Has been blurred out). Not sure, where and how this can be resolved. I tried removing the blurriness using the tooth paste method discussed in detail in one of the threads here but that was of very little improvement.
Please post some pictures of the damage. Based on what exactly is the issue, we can help. Does your qualis have a glass headlight assembly or the later one with clear? If its the glass one it will be mostly due to dust ingestion/corrosion inside the reflector dome. That will need to be opened up and if the issue is only dust, it can be cleaned. If its corroded, then not much can be done towards it.

If your car has a plastic lens, then it could be oxidation, cracking of the lens or just too much of scratches. Hence, if you post pictures from a close up distance, then it will be easier to suggest what can be done.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 13:40   #10843
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance

Edit: Have planned trip to Kanyakumari from 23rd Dec. Have only this Saturday to get this rectified. Hence, early reply would really help.
I was searching the net and found that you can get a new headlamp assembly for Qualis (Lumax brand) for approx 1.8K. There are even HL assembly at around Rs. 900.

You can check whether it suits you.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 08:31   #10844
BHPian

Quote:

p.
I believe 3M also provides headlight restoration service.
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 15:03   #10845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, need some help in upgrading bulbs for Ciaz ZDI

Just follow criteria -
1. White light

As per manual, following bulbs are installed -

Headlight Halogen
High Beam 12V/55W H7
Low Beam 12V 55W H7/H11

Front fog light
12V/35W H8

Interior light
Front 12V 5W
Rear 12V 10W

License plate light 12V 5W W5W

Please share some links for purchasing !!
I have the same query. Except, im ok with yellow lights & splicing is also ok. Better illumination is what im looking for, a good spread. Drove my brothers Brezza, found its light spread and intensity better than my ciaz.

Pls advice, and also if anyone can give contact of any good dealer who can help me with the same in Delhi/New Delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks