Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 17:37   #12346

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
My 2014 Maruti Ertiga stock lights are super dull even with swapped new batteries few months back. Any idea, if above mentioned bulbs and relay kit will work for 2014 Ertiga? I'm asking from headlamp assembly and heating of casing perspective. Also it will be useful if you can mention the accessory store who installed it for you. As i live in north Bangalore, any trustable accessory shop for such work will be super useful
The above mentioned bulbs and relay will suit the 2014 Ertiga. Also note that, my night-drives last only 1 to 2 hours, once or twice a week. And its only low beams most of the time. If you are using for longer hours and constant high beams, better go for 90/100W (https://www.amazon.in/Philips-Rally-...dp/B07Z7R8452/) as per Parag sir (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3871434 (Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga)).

Sorry I am not from bangalore and cannot suggest any stores. I got it done in DIY mode. Hope the image below will help you. Once you get the relay kit you ll be able to figure it out.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-166612.jpg

Courtesy: https://helmetdon.in/wp-content/uplo...-philips-3.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th July 2022 at 15:56. Reason: Uploading the image instead of hotlinking (breaking page limits).
KLxpress is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 15:11   #12347

Guys, anyone with a Bimmer installed any aftermarket projectors which are OEM replacements? I have already purchased the Hella projector lenses from a friend but I'm in a dilemma now. I was hoping to have it installed this coming week on my F10 but I have been adviced by many not to meddle with opening the seal of the BMW headlights.

If anyone with prior experience in this regard can throw some "light" on it, it would be much appreciated. I'm worried about moisture seapage and condensation inside the assembly.
Old 21st July 2022, 16:50   #12348
BHPian

Guys, any suggestions on good workshops / customisation shops in Delhi / NCR to purchase and install LED projector lamps in a new Thar? I've seen there are quite a few in Karol Bagh, but little confused as all the ones I see seem to be the same Chinese stuff.

Been surfing this thread I can see it seems like a fairly long and cumbersome process!
Old 22nd July 2022, 13:58   #12349
BHPian

Update on my search for replacement headlights / projector LED for my new Thar (delivery in 3-4 days, need to finalise asap!).

I've been looking around and talking to a few dealers - and it seems to me that Karol Bagh market in New Delhi NCR is the mecca for all of this. Based on a simple google search, I found a shop called MXS motorsports who seem quite competent and have a large range.

Dealer claims installation is a 20-30 minute job and is hasslefree. Here are some of the suggested models he's sent me that I've shortlisted:

Option 1:
https://www.mxsmotosport.com/mahindr...-jeep-wrangler

Video:

Option 2:

Anyone heard of this brand called Tech Hardy? Any suggestions or comments before I finalise?
monkey_wrench is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 14:09   #12350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Update on my search for replacement headlights / projector LED for my new Thar (delivery in 3-4 days, need to finalise asap!).
Hey since you have not installed as yet, why don't you also make a contact with the Vaishnu team. I know they are old players in the 4-wheeler segment and recently have ventured into 2-wheelers as well. I have no complaints and have been using their LED fogs on my Bullet. I understand that they have models available for 4-wheelers as well. I guess, worth giving it a try and contacting them.

https://vaishnu.com/

+91-987-130-1846 | 981-008-6167 | 997-169-8699
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:22   #12351
BHPian

Quote:

I've been looking around and talking to a few dealers - and it seems to me that Karol Bagh market in New Delhi NCR is the mecca for all of this. Based on a simple google search, I found a shop called MXS motorsports who seem quite competent and have a large range.

Dealer claims installation is a 20-30 minute job and is hasslefree. Here are some of the suggested models he's sent me that I've shortlisted:

Option 1:

Video: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=q-EADP0eFX0

Option 2:

Anyone heard of this brand called Tech Hardy? Any suggestions or comments before I finalise?
Its the usual low quality Chinese stuff. If you are looking for an increase in actual performance its better you get HID fog projectors for your Thar. You can get iPH brand projector fog lamps for 8k around and Aoozoom ones for around 12-13k. The headlight ones usually have poor quality light output and are more for show. If you want LED only then you can get the iph m617 bi-led fog projector (lower output than HID) or get a retrofit of a good bi-led projector in main headlamp if you okay spending 15-25k.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 22nd July 2022 at 15:28.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:09   #12352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Its the usual low quality Chinese stuff. If you are looking for an increase in actual performance its better you get HID fog projectors for your Thar. You can get iPH brand projector fog lamps for 8k around and Aoozoom ones for around 12-13k. The headlight ones usually have poor quality light output and are more for show. If you want LED only then you can get the iph m617 bi-led fog projector (lower output than HID) or get a retrofit of a good bi-led projector in main headlamp if you okay spending 15-25k.
Thank you! Yes, almost all projector units I see look the same, and they're mostly cosmetic. I was hoping to see if any BHPians have actually installed any of these, as I can't find real world reviews anywhere.
Old 23rd July 2022, 22:23   #12353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Quote:
Thank you! Yes, almost all projector units I see look the same, and they're mostly cosmetic. I was hoping to see if any BHPians have actually installed any of these, as I can't find real world reviews anywhere.
Agree with Mr Nobody. This review might help you

Old 25th July 2022, 09:57   #12354
BHPian

Ok agreed they're all pretty bad... so now the million dollar question. What to do? I'm more confused than ever!

Any positive stories / reviews / experiences amongst BHPians here?
Old 25th July 2022, 12:11   #12355
BHPian

Here is something I would be tempted to do on a Thar!

1. Buy a glass 7-inch sealed beam headlight pair. Preferably Hella/Lumax. It should not cost more than 5-600/- a pair.
2. Buy a relay with ceramic H4 holders and install 130/100 H4 bulbs!

Pros - Smashing light output. Cheap, can beat LED units that cost probably 10X. Easy to source and install.

Cons - Glass unit would look Dated, Probably illegal too! (But easy to revert by swapping the stock bulbs.
Old 26th July 2022, 18:05   #12356
BHPian

Hey everyone!

I am planning a DIY fog light upgrade to projectors on my Ciaz and wanted to know if someone can let me know how to locate the high beam headlight wire in the harness that connects with the headlight assembly. I want to tap into this with the projector's solenoid wire for controlling the projector high/low beam.

Thanks!
Old 27th July 2022, 14:09   #12357
BHPian

Quote:
Ok agreed they're all pretty bad... so now the million dollar question. What to do? I'm more confused than ever!

Any positive stories / reviews / experiences amongst BHPians here?
I am also very confused with headlight options for Thar.

I can share my research on this Subject.

New Headlights
- Very Expensive
- Most of them are cheap Chinese copies of Wrangler Lights.
- If you want something reliable then call - Classic Noida, they have Stedi Lights which costs around 50k. They have 5 years warranty.
- As for other options, Bimbra has recently added two more Headlights into their stock. You can see their new Catalogue.

Stedi Lights
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ab452e1fc11f42619d2e7f1f23ac86b9.jpg

LED Bulbs
- I know of no one who has used H4 Led bulbs on Thar.
- After watching many videos on LED bulbs for wrangler, I am sure that with proper alignment LED bulbs won't cause problems for oncoming traffic. But, there is a concern about LED light's effectiveness during Rains. So, If you are going for LED bulbs then it comes important to purchase a dual color LED projector for fog lights.

Halogen Bulbs
- Safest Bet.
- Go for Philips Racing Vision or Osram 150, you'll not regret it.

As for HID, I have no knowledge.

Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 20:28   #12358
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hey since you have not installed as yet, why don't you also make a contact with the Vaishnu team… I guess, worth giving it a try and contacting them.
I use Vaishnu for lights and their 130w relay as my Auxiliary Center lights on my Gypsy. They are outstanding for the price! In the hilly areas of Karnataka I swore I would have gone at half speed without them - very confidence inspiring due to their illumination and throw, without spilling glare at a wider angle - I seldom had an oncoming vehicle blink their lights to complain about glare spilling at the outer edges/beam angle. They are only about 5.5inch is diameter so I often see cops stare hard at my Aux lights contemplating whether to fine me and then abruptly decide they look acceptably small and modest and they change their mind… on the other hand Humungous Size-D accesories always attract unwanted attention.

Instead of spending $$$ on original headlights spend only minimal to improve them and add extra Center lights - you need backup for when one set is damaged/fused due to a sudden malfunction and can’t repair immediately. Two pairs of lights with the Aux lights used only rarely is best.

Last edited by Ragul : 27th July 2022 at 20:38.
Ragul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 21:50   #12359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Instead of spending $$$ on original headlights spend only minimal to improve them and add extra Center lights - you need backup for when one set is damaged/fused due to a sudden malfunction and can’t repair immediately. Two pairs of lights with the Aux lights used only rarely is best.
I think Hella 7 inch would fit in your gypsy as well IIRC, the clarity of flutes glass (imported) and the reflector is impressive. Perhaps Lucas or Cibie is the alternative , I hear Lucas has made a new batch recently this year.

Anyhow I have had excellent results with Hella, it's a cheap mod but even with a 60/55W bulb it takes care of highway running. As a backup there is a pair of Star Lee or something from Taiwan, a copy of Neolite but better made, good clarity in lens and reflector.
Old 28th July 2022, 12:38   #12360
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I think Hella 7 inch would fit in your gypsy as well IIRC, the clarity of flutes glass (imported) and the reflector is impressive. Perhaps Lucas or Cibie is the alternative , I hear Lucas has made a new batch recently this year.

Anyhow I have had excellent results with Hella, it's a cheap mod but even with a 60/55W bulb it takes care of highway running. As a backup there is a pair of Star Lee or something from Taiwan, a copy of Neolite but better made, good clarity in lens and reflector.
Not sure why you are recommending alternatives to me when I stated I am very happy with my Make-In-India Aux Lighting at a very unbeatable price-point. But yeah other readers looking for China manufactured lights or with a bias or preference for foreign maal for an avoidable premium might find your post useful.

Most Viewed