Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2022, 20:03   #12286
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
My query is not about head lights or so but it is about having a small battery operated light in the glove box. Many cars don't have a glove box light. I want to ask if anyone knows of a small battery operated light which maybe we can stick inside glove back and it operates using some sort of push or so and lights up the glove box.

Similarly, a light which can be used inside the boot to light up the boot too.
You can use this type of motion activated light. They are battery powered and gets switched on once a motion like you move your hand inside the glove box. Once you close the glove box, the lights gets switched off after 30-40 seconds I think.
VROKLA Motion Sensor Light for Home with USB Charging Pack of 2 Wireless Self Adhesive LED Magnetic Motion Activated Light Motion Sensor Rechargeable Light for Wardrobe Bedroom Stairs (White/Warm) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09N2CG8TR/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 6th February 2022, 10:14   #12287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvr08 View Post
Dear Bhpians,

I'm looking for a headlight upgrade in my Creta E 2020 model as well. Any leads on good accessory shops in bangalore or chennai?
You can try Autodrome chennai- very competitive pricing and a genuine product seller. I have ordered my Osram premium Hid from them (authorised dealer). Over all a satisfying experience.
Deepesh Goel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 12:57   #12288

Hi guys,
I own a 2019 Skoda Rapid Style 1.5, which comes with Halogen projectors in the low bead and Halogen reflectors in the high beam, both running on H7 bulbs. I've swapped out the high beam bulbs to 80w halogens but still, the setup leaves a lot to be desired. Upon researching, I have narrowed down to 2 options.

1.) Upgrading the halogen in low beams to Led. It would be an upgrade, sure but the output would be at max 50% better than the current output. It will be a simple plug-and-play and will not require any modifications at all.

2.) HIDs: I initially planned to put 4300k 35w HIDs in the low beam and call it a day, but the shadow caused by the return wire of HID bulbs in a halogen projector is something that irks me on a daily basis. After more research, I am thinking to change the halogen projectors to Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 as I'm convinced that these provide exceptional light output. However, I am not an expert in DIYs and I cannot locate a person who will gladly do this retrofit for me as the projector swap requires opening up the headlight and is a tedious project.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.
Old 9th February 2022, 10:41   #12289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJeepsALot View Post
2.) HIDs: I initially planned to put 4300k 35w HIDs in the low beam and call it a day, but the shadow caused by the return wire of HID bulbs in a halogen projector is something that irks me on a daily basis. After more research, I am thinking to change the halogen projectors to Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 as I'm convinced that these provide exceptional light output. However, I am not an expert in DIYs and I cannot locate a person who will gladly do this retrofit for me as the projector swap requires opening up the headlight and is a tedious project.

That's a good option. Morimoto projectors are pretty good. I wouldn't recommend going for a DIY if you are not confident. Even some experienced mechanics do mess the installation (I had an experience when I upgraded the lights on my Swift).

Try some reputed shops (do some research on Google) even if's a bit far from your place. Am sure, there will be shops who will take this up.

4300k 35w HIDs are also the best option. Go for Morimoto HIDs. If not, Osram "Premium" HIDs.

I would always prefer HID's over LEDs anyday.
Old 9th February 2022, 12:15   #12290
BHPian

Quote:

The return wire shadow does not happen to all projectors and bulbs and varies from projector bulb to bulb as some have different wire positions.

Regarding projector swap its best to get it done at Delhi car accessory shops who specialize in lighting setups. If you have the budget for original Morimoto you can also look at high end Bi-Led projectors from NHK/AES/UPS. Contact Blaze india on Fb/Insta as he has lots of retrofit projectors at decent prices.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 9th February 2022 at 12:16.
Old 9th February 2022, 20:43   #12291
Senior - BHPian

Folks can any of the existing Polo/Ameo/Vento (non-LED) owners help me with good headlight bulbs for high beam.
I do not want to go in for a headlight swap for aftermarket projector assembly or consider an aftermarket projector setup as that will involve opening up the OEM headlight.

I want to retain the dual barrel reflector setup for now and want some really good (and bright) options for high beam. I explored H7 90/100 non-LED bulbs, but I was informed that the relay kit was not the most reliable.

Please help me address this huge downer (among many others) with Polo as early morning drives are being drastically impacted.
Old 11th February 2022, 14:36   #12292
BHPian

Hi all I have a question if I may about a Sektos HTK "Non Plus". The Seltos HTK does not have any fog lamps and has the same lamp setup as HTE meaning 60w per bulb low/high and I wanted to upgrade this to a 70/75w per bulb led setup "HB3 with adaptor from Japan" without much modification "No relay".

I have the following questions:-

1. Would this be ok given the tolerance already build-in or can it cause problems and if problems do arise what would they might be?

2. Given the watt addition would be of 10-15w do I need to change the fuse as well?

3. Can the combination switch handle this 15-20% increase in wattage?

4. Is there any possiblity of fire if we dont change the fuse and keep it stock?

5. If we assume that the wires are 0.5mm would a 10-15w addition cause them to heat up/melt?

I know those are a lot of querries but I need to know that the car will not burn up into flames if I went thru with it and since I will have to order everything from Japan I have to be sure beforehand.

Thanks for your time all.
Old 11th February 2022, 15:19   #12293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
Hi all I have a question if I may about a Sektos HTK "Non Plus". The Seltos HTK does not have any fog lamps and has the same lamp setup as HTE meaning 60w per bulb low/high and I wanted to upgrade this to a 70/75w per bulb led setup "HB3 with adaptor from Japan" without much modification "No relay".

Thanks for your time all.
I recommend that you go straight for a 35w HID kit of DHB3 type with 4300k CCT - You can get Osram ones easily. The option you are considering is honestly not worth it and will not give you any improvement.
With HIDs you will see a substantial increase in light output (2x) and also the current drawn will be lesser.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 17:18   #12294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I recommend that you go straight for a 35w HID kit of DHB3 type with 4300k CCT - You can get Osram ones easily. The option you are considering is honestly not worth it and will not give you any improvement.
With HIDs you will see a substantial increase in light output (2x) and also the current drawn will be lesser.
Thanks for your advise but we had Philips HID's and had issues in the Lahaul temps. One of the two bulbs started blinking like crazy after the car was stuck under snow.

The only way out that I see is are high power LED's but can the Seltos system take 10-15w surplus?
Old 11th February 2022, 20:10   #12295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your advise but we had Philips HID's and had issues in the Lahaul temps. One of the two bulbs started blinking like crazy after the car was stuck under snow.

The only way out that I see is are high power LED's but can the Seltos system take 10-15w surplus?
Well till date I have not found any LED bulbs with 70/75w real power consumption and if they did exist they would need a massive cooling fan and heat sink and if used inside a headlamp, would conk off very soon. The highest wattage bulb I have seen in reality is 35w for both beams combined (H+L) and it is likely that the 70/75 you have seen is for a set of two bulbs with 35 watt per bulb and that too with High+Low combined.
I still would not recommend LEDs as the CCT available is generally higher than 5500k and the visibility in cooler beams is not that great.
If you want really high light levels you can even go for 55W Hid kits in 4300k. That will give you great light levels even in pitch dark.
The problem you had faced in Leh might have been a one office issue with the bulbs you had. Philips actually stopped making HID kits many years ago and it is possible that you got a fake. Philips stopped selling HID kits in India in 2017 and then shifted to LedS only.
The genuine HID kits which you still can get in India are from Osram now. (But only in 35w)
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:16   #12296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Why do you want to take the risk of messing with OEM headlights in a place like that where you may not have enough streetlights or an electrician around to help?

Add a set of Hella driving lights and leave the factory set up alone for reliability.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 08:41   #12297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Folks can any of the existing Polo/Ameo/Vento (non-LED) owners help me with good headlight bulbs for high beam.
I do not want to go in for a headlight swap for aftermarket projector assembly or consider an aftermarket projector setup as that will involve opening up the OEM headlight.

I want to retain the dual barrel reflector setup for now and want some really good (and bright) options for high beam. I explored H7 90/100 non-LED bulbs, but I was informed that the relay kit was not the most reliable.

Please help me address this huge downer (among many others) with Polo as early morning drives are being drastically impacted.
Reliable relay kits (e.g.,Hella, Minda, Philips .. ) are available in the market, you have to change the bulb holder to ceramic as well. The problem with high power halogen bulbs, is that the excessive heat will manage the headlight reflector in the long run and it will void warranty as well.

If you are just starting with your headlight upgrade journey, then I would suggest to start with Philips X-treme vision or Osram Nightbreakers halogens. These does not require additional wiring and will not void warranty.
Lord Lucan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 20:23   #12298
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

2.) HIDs: I initially planned to put 4300k 35w HIDs in the low beam and call it a day, but the shadow caused by the return wire of HID bulbs in a halogen projector is something that irks me on a daily basis.

Perhaps the installation of the HIDs were not done correctly. I have been using the 55watt HIDs in my low beams and I couldn't be more happier. Please find the link of the output in the thread attached.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5001988
Old 18th February 2022, 16:15   #12299

I know there have been many posts about this but please help. I have 10 yr old Yeti Ambiente and it is a perfect car but for the lights and I am very confused as to what I can do to upgrade the lights esp for night driving. All advice gratefully taken. Please also reccomend workshop in Mumbai who can do this light upgrade.
manonsong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 14:34   #12300

Hi guys.
I have a 2020 Aspire and wanted to change the headlights to projectors, so i got Hella G5 from blaze India.
Does anyone know of a trusted place where i could have them installed??
I live in Bhopal and can drive to Indore to have them installed.
So if anyone knows a place in any of these cities, do help.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks