Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2023, 23:04   #12601

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Hi yogiii,
Thanks for sharing this! Performance seems really good. I wonder if we a similar lighting setup from a local / more famous vendor here.

Also, how much did the overall procurement cost?

Thanks!
Old 17th September 2023, 21:38   #12602
BHPian

Kindly suggest a decent upgrade of stock foglights in ecosport pre facelift 2016 model. Have replaced the headlights with LED's but the throw is a bit scattered and poor. Hence thinking of upgrading the foglights as well. Should i go with LED's again which are comparatively cheaper or upgrade to projector fog lights? My budget is kinda limited (7 to 8K max).
Old 18th September 2023, 00:41   #12603

I recently changed the original Halogen lights on my 2011 Honda City and 2013 Honda Amaze. The lights in both the cars where changed to Autofoam LEDs (Max output 150).
The issue is that the intensity and spread appear to be much better in the Amaze compared to City.
I am very confused as to why is there a difference in the performance of the lights since both cars have got same LEDs installed.
Please guide me on this....
Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 09:16   #12604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VnsAlpha9 View Post
I recently changed the original Halogen lights on my 2011 Honda City and 2013 Honda Amaze. The lights in both the cars where changed to Autofoam LEDs (Max output 150).
The issue is that the intensity and spread appear to be much better in the Amaze compared to City.
I am very confused as to why is there a difference in the performance of the lights since both cars have got same LEDs installed.
Please guide me on this....
Thanks
If you have before and after pics of the light throw of bulbs it could have been a better comparison. Are they H4? Or what?
Old 18th September 2023, 09:56   #12605

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
If you have before and after pics of the light throw of bulbs it could have been a better comparison. Are they H4? Or what?
The lights in both City and Amaze are H4.
The confusion is regarding the difference in brightness of the same LED setup in both cars.
Can it be attributed to the difference in light housing of the 2 cars or to the faulty installation in the City.
So basically the doubt is that if same LED head light is installed in 2 different cars will the throw and brightness be same or different.
Old 19th September 2023, 14:45   #12606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
I have replaced the OEM cabin bulbs of my 2015 Fortuner with these last week:

A slight improvement from the OEM dull yellow lights.
Thanks Prakritij. Appreciate your prompt help, it made life a lot easier for me searching for the matching bulbs.

I bought the exact same bulbs and replaced them as DIY by myself in my Fortuner. Like you said, there is slight improvement from OEM lights, and I see better visibility in second row now with this bulb replacement. Sharing the "After and Before" picture of each row lighting here.

Notes regarding the pictures:
1) There is outside bright light which is impacting the front row cabin lighting picture.
2) Back row picture taken in Ultrawide mode after replacement.
3) Adding a full cabin lighting picture as well. Forgot to take a Before photo.

Cheers,
narayanang76
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-middle-row.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-front-row.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-last-row.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-788286469c3241ceab58341dcce578c4.jpg  

narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 15:11   #12607
Senior - BHPian

Can the low beam HID in Harrier be replaced with LED? What are the cons of doing this? If not LED, are there better HID's available in the market that are better than what we get with the Harrier? For a vehicle of this size and cost, the puny lights are a major disappointments. I've 'upgraded' the fog and high beams to GPNE LED's, I am not very happy with this change and now looking at upgrading the low beam as well.
Old 19th September 2023, 15:18   #12608
BHPian

Hi,

The Osaram halogen bulbs h4/h7 and rear break bulbs on my Safari Storme(2015) seem to go kaput every 1.5 years or so.
And while driving through a rough road at night I can actually notice the headlight throw is a little shaky.

Is there any OEM who provides the LED with a ready-to-pug model for Safari Storme?
Is the LED throw available only in cool-white color? I recall my experience from a foggy Mahabaleswar trip where the visibility was poor and the halogen lights(factory-fitted) did a wonderful job.

If we fit LEDs in the car in place of halogens, will they not overheat and cause any mishaps?

Please help with your recommendations and insights.
Old 23rd September 2023, 11:55   #12609
BHPian

How good are the GPNE HIDs? An installer has said that he can source this and install it on my low beam projectors, but I have no idea about this brand.
Old 10th October 2023, 22:50   #12610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Hello Light experts: I am looking for advise on replacing the indoor cabin roof light bulbs in my Toyota Fortuner (old model). The OEM bulbs are very dull, pale yellow and not at all bright. Looking for some options which lights up the cabin and make things visible. I can see some options on Amazon currently (Link) but not sure if they are worth even trying.
If you are still looking for advice, I just replaced the OEM Bulb in my Maruti Zen with This Bulb and the throw of the light is awesome. The cabin now feels fresher than earlier. You can refer to the attached pictures in this post to check how the car feels after the replacement.

Quote:
Also is there any issues/downside to this bulb replacements?
There is no issue in this bulb replacement if the bulb match specifications provided by the company.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-interior1.jpeg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-interior2.jpeg  

Old 11th October 2023, 05:33   #12611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiiityaaa View Post
If you are still looking for advice, I just replaced the OEM Bulb in my Maruti Zen
Would this fit in Swift VDi Type II model? Also, Is the power draw as much as the OEM model?
Old 11th October 2023, 12:30   #12612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Would this fit in Swift VDi Type II model?
Yes, the bulb would fit in Swift VDi Type II model. However, do note that the bulb I've mentioned is slightly bigger than the OEM bulb. Hence, you would slightly need to bend the metal plates that connect to the bulb to accommodate it. There is no risk in doing so.
Quote:
Also, Is the power draw as much as the OEM model?
The mentioned bulb is rated 12V5W, whereas the OEM is 12V10W.
adiiityaaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 14:37   #12613
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
I reverted to stock and placed an order for the Auxbeam GX Series 120W 25000Lumens Light Bulb its 25000 Lumens! Still waiting for it to ship and shall report on how it performs.
An update on this. I'm pretty happy with this setup and must say looks to be brighter that the OEM LED's of the current gen cars.
RMN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 16:01   #12614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
Hi,

The Osaram halogen bulbs h4/h7 and rear break bulbs on my Safari Storme(2015) seem to go kaput every 1.5 years or so.
And while driving through a rough road at night I can actually notice the headlight throw is a little shaky.

Is there any OEM who provides the LED with a ready-to-pug model for Safari Storme?
Is the LED throw available only in cool-white color? I recall my experience from a foggy Mahabaleswar trip where the visibility was poor and the halogen lights(factory-fitted) did a wonderful job.

If we fit LEDs in the car in place of halogens, will they not overheat and cause any mishaps?

Please help with your recommendations and insights.
Heard that Tata now has Blaupunkt LED's as genuine accessories. This was informed by one of the service centers to my friend for his 2022 Safari. They had informed that since its genuine accessory, they will provide 2 years warranty for the bulb and the vehicle warranty wouldn't be void due to usage of LED bulb instead of Halogen. They had informed regarding availability in H7 and D5S. You may check with your service center.
Bala_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 13:07   #12615
BHPian

Hi,
Finally upgraded to 100/90 philips rally on my 2013 Ertiga using a Lumax relay and wiring harness. I was using Philips XV prior to this. The XV's were definitely better than the stock OEM bulbs but a left a lot to be desired on longer highway drives at night. I've only driven within the streets of Bangalore after plonking in the new bulbs and the difference is awesome, have a long drive coming up soon and these should make night driving much easier.

The Philips Rally seems to be rebranded as Rally Pro with new packaging now.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-pxl_20231012_0703026042.jpg

Bought these from Popular Automobiles, JC Road at ₹400 per pair.

Cheers,
Piyush.
shandilyapiyush is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks