Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2023, 16:48   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Behemoth, hows the experience with these 50W lights?
Hi SuperTinu,
I had shared my feedback on the 50w leds in post #601 above - please refer the same post
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 21:53   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Overall I feel happy that I had actually got the IPH M617 foglights are those are just brilliant and perform well. Compared to those, these osram 50W are barely 50% in light output.
So for anyone looking for better light, my first recommendation would be to get led projector foglights - either IPHM617 or GTR - these itself will be enough and there is no need for anything else.
How does this compared to a 25W OSram LED? Is it 2X brighter?
Old 28th April 2023, 03:15   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How does this compared to a 25W OSram LED? Is it 2X brighter?
Compared to 25w Osram in 6000k, these 50w 4200k are only around 20% higher in light output. Also the base plate is thicker so the shadow zone is larger.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 17:55   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Compared to 25w Osram in 6000k, these 50w 4200k are only around 20% higher in light output. Also the base plate is thicker so the shadow zone is larger.
Thanks Behemoth. I am going to stick with my existing 25W Osram ones. Will consider if they conk off.
Old 28th April 2023, 18:27   #620

Hello Fellow Mates!

I am here as I seek help/advice while I am trying to upgrade my halogen bulbs for the 2015 MS Ciaz ZXi+. I have kept my car strictly stock and have been only using parts/pieces from the MS Service Center to date. But now, I feel that with the age and the car having completed its warranty period, I can now venture out to try new things and spice up things a little. While I have a few things in mind (ex. changing the interiors, alloys, etc), right off the bat I feel I need to upgrade my lights. I just sent my car for servicing as it had some issues, the brakes and a few more niggles needed some tending.

Before I sent it for servicing, I somehow felt that my halogen bulbs' visibility has reduced and I was finding it difficult to navigate myself in pitch-dark conditions as well. So I think this upgrade is more a of "NEED" than a want. And, hence I am here to seek and educate myself a little from your knowledge before I take the plunge.

I have been doing a little reading/browsing/watching on the internet and found that there are many LED bulbs that I can upgrade to like Nighteye (not a reliable brand it seems), Phillips (too costly but will go for it if its really worth it) and the most spoken about is Osram. So I am considering these Osrams, listing them all as I am not sure of which bulb holder fits my Ciaz lights and have asked my service advisor to share them so that I can order from Amazon.

-> Osram H4 46204CW LED Retrofit 12V (Pack of 2) - https://amzn.eu/d/fvcwzW1
-> Osram H7 45210CW Headlamp integrated driver (Set of 2,25W 12V) LED - https://amzn.eu/d/gVWTJLd
-> OSRAM H8/H11/ H16 46211CW Headlamp integrated driver (Set of 2, 25W 12V) - https://amzn.eu/d/c6Q6mYc

I want to understand if I am thinking in the right direction or am I missing something? Also, I have one critical aspect to think about before I make the upgrade. I intend to upgrade all the light (i.e. High/Low beam reflectors, Projector lamps, and Fogs lamps), and with the upgrade all the lights will be white. And, I live in Delhi so my thing is when winter comes and there is fog, will my visibility take a hit? My study and learning have told me YES, it will! So, should I let one set of lights remain a halogen one? If yes, which one? The logical choice will be the fog lamps, is this the right way to go? Because I see that the throw changes and is way better if I upgrade the fog lamps to also be LEDs.

Please feel free to share some light on anything additional that might be helpful for me while I am getting this done. My intention is to order these from Amazon and have the service center mechanics install them, usually, they don't but as my car has been visiting their center for the past 8 years they have agreed to help me out.

Thank you for your time and the help! Looking forward to your responses.
Old 28th April 2023, 20:02   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Behemoth. I am going to stick with my existing 25W Osram ones. Will consider if they conk off.
Exact same case with me. Thanks Behemoth for the (discouraging) feedback on 50W.
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:23   #622
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobrain.exe View Post

I have been doing a little reading/browsing/watching on the internet and found that there are many LED bulbs that I can upgrade to like Nighteye (not a reliable brand it seems), Phillips (too costly but will go for it if its really worth it) and the most spoken about is Osram. So I am considering these Osrams, listing them all as I am not sure of which bulb holder fits my Ciaz lights and have asked my service advisor to share them so that I can order from Amazon.

-> Osram H4 46204CW LED Retrofit 12V (Pack of 2) - https://amzn.eu/d/fvcwzW1
-> Osram H7 45210CW Headlamp integrated driver (Set of 2,25W 12V) LED - https://amzn.eu/d/gVWTJLd
-> OSRAM H8/H11/ H16 46211CW Headlamp integrated driver (Set of 2, 25W 12V) - https://amzn.eu/d/c6Q6mYc
You need H7 bulbs for the main unit. Not sure about the type of fog light bulb, pls check manual. Since you need yellow lights during fog, suggest you upgrade fog lights to yellow projectors. Or you may keep current bulbs in main unit and only upgrade fog lights to white projectors so that you have one set of yellow lights.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th June 2023 at 11:10. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 27th May 2023, 17:36   #623
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

The low beams on my 2022 Tata Nexon is highly inadequate.I have gone through this thread and Reinhards DIY for HIDs. While I considered trying the DIY approach, I'm concerned about potentially causing more harm than good. That's why I'm reaching out to the community for suggestions on reliable car accessories shops where I can explore options for a light upgrade.

Specifically, I'm considering upgrading to 42k LED lights for my low beam projector headlamps. My primary goal is to improve visibility without causing discomfort to oncoming traffic. Any recommendations or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Bala02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:54   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala02 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,

The low beams on my 2022 Tata Nexon is highly inadequate.I have gone through this thread and Reinhards DIY for HIDs. While I considered trying the DIY approach, I'm concerned about potentially causing more harm than good. That's why I'm reaching out to the community for suggestions on reliable car accessories shops where I can explore options for a light upgrade.

Specifically, I'm considering upgrading to 42k LED lights for my low beam projector headlamps. My primary goal is to improve visibility without causing discomfort to oncoming traffic. Any recommendations or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
I am in same boat.
- Looking for something that doesn't hamper warranty or is more of an upgrade instead of a full change. I do not favor LED kits or HID cause most shops won't properly fit them, leaving headroom for dust and water to ingress the assembly. [Unless I'm wrong and there are kits that fit perfectly].

I think what would make sense for me would be perhaps a better set of halogen than stock. I noticed Phillips vs Osram but I couldn't decide for myself without a comparison.

- I want to stay within 4500k temp and I don't intend to blind traffic on the other side.
Also, is it worth upgrading the Fog Lamps ?
Old 2nd June 2023, 18:59   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
I am in same boat.
- Looking for something that doesn't hamper warranty or is more of an upgrade instead of a full change. I do not favor LED kits or HID cause most shops won't properly fit them, leaving headroom for dust and water to ingress the assembly. [Unless I'm wrong and there are kits that fit perfectly].

I think what would make sense for me would be perhaps a better set of halogen than stock. I noticed Phillips vs Osram but I couldn't decide for myself without a comparison.

- I want to stay within 4500k temp and I don't intend to blind traffic on the other side.
Also, is it worth upgrading the Fog Lamps ?
Upgrading the stock halogen bulbs in fog lamps to led will cause the light to scatter while hids should not be replaced in stock foglamp as it will affect the cornering function. HIds consume high power when they get ignited. The best bet is the solution provided by Reinhard. I spoke to blaze India, Amit quoted 5000 for a pair of 55 watt H7 Hids with 42k temperature with one year warranty. This will involve making holes in the dust caps, but they do provide rubber housing along with the HIds kit. some silicone sealant should do the trick. I am still contemplating if I should go for this Mod. I am someone who always sticks to the stock ones unless it's mandatory to upgrade. I have not dealt with blaze India before. Any idea how good they are and if they goof up with the specs I ordered or if I get a faulty product, do they take returns?
Old 3rd June 2023, 16:41   #626
BHPian

Hello guys. I need your help.

So my i20 sportz variant comes with reflector type halogens with a rating of H19 55/66 W.
The problem is that low beam is really poor. It's almost dangerous at times.
High beams are okay but nothing to write home about.

So my question is that is there anyway I can upgrade to a halogen projector setup? How much would that setup cost?

Or do I have the only choice of upgrading bulbs?
Also my car is in the warranty period so would that null my warranty? This is crucial because I've spent money on a 2 year extended warranty as well.

I know nothing about headlight upgrading so forgive me if I said anything stupid or ignorant.
Old 6th June 2023, 15:49   #627
BHPian

I have installed Philips Ultinon Essential with 6000K in my Jeep Compass. I am attaching a few pics. The light looks distorted and not concentrated on the road. Is this normal? Also there is shadow. Not happy with these at all.

While the first pic is with low beam the second one is high beam.
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20230603_201319.jpg  

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20230603_201327.jpg  

Old 7th June 2023, 03:06   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Upgraded stock halogen bulb of my Hyundai Venue SX Plus’s projector setup to these-

Will test the performance next week during a planned roadtrip down south.
Can you please share the feedback of these? Also, is 75w + 75w (150w) the power output? How much watt they actually are to be fitted in 55/60w socket?

My concern is
1. Does this voids warranty?
2. Is there any risk for wiring damage which can lead to fire?
3. Will the socket/assembly withstand high heat dissipation?

Looking forward to your inputs.

Thanks!
Old 8th June 2023, 10:53   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beingtraveler View Post
Can you please share the feedback of these? Also, is 75w + 75w (150w) the power output? How much watt they actually are to be fitted in 55/60w socket?

My concern is
1. Does this voids warranty?
2. Is there any risk for wiring damage which can lead to fire?
3. Will the socket/assembly withstand high heat dissipation?

Looking forward to your inputs.

Thanks!

Performance is good as long as it's not a foggy winter season. But around INR9000 its ridiculously overpriced. NovSight is a better brand IMHO.

150W Output is for the pair , but as discussed in this thread many times it might be misleading/inflated.

Does this voids warranty? - Yes , according to warranty terms any electric modification will void warranty but since its a plug and play setup you can swap the original bulbs in a minute and then visit service center for any warranty claims. In case of fire incident , investigators will obviously point to the headlight mod even if the root cause is something else.

Is there any risk for wiring damage which can lead to fire? - I don't think so , No modifications with the wiring setup.

Will the socket/assembly withstand high heat dissipation? - Thermal dissipation of LEDs is way less than that of Halogens even with lesser wattage , no issues there. (Refer Post #586 by Behemoth)

That said , I also have 100W Halogen pair (Excelite , same Korean brand as of stock bulb) , performnce of that bulb is absolutely amazing, No LED can beat that and costs fraction of what I paid for DHC LED. But Heat dissipation is a concern and hence not using it.

Last edited by AjinkyaP : 8th June 2023 at 11:06.
AjinkyaP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 11:42   #630
Senior - BHPian

Can somone kindly direct me to a proper installer at Cochin, Kerala.
I want to upgrade the lights on the Innova HyCross

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks