Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2023, 23:28   #541
BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
I am surprised at the fan following of the IPH fog lamps here.
Fully concur with your thoughts. The demand for aftermarket lights is a consequence of auto makers skimping on good quality lighting set-up.

Except for Kia, Toyota and some Maruti and Hyundai models, car makers simply don't want to provide good performance lighting solutions in their products. There seems to be a significant gap in the market for reputed, aftermarket car lighting products..

Another space where the Chinese are effortlessly swooping in and making the most of the opportunity!
Old 11th January 2023, 10:35   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatr View Post

If i just connect the low beam for these projectors without tapping in the wire for high beam, will that be preserving the warranty?

Any pointers from those who went ahead and upgraded the FOG lamp setup while in warranty? Should I just trust nature and take the risk with warranty?
Warranty risk is basically your appetite and more of your relationship with the A.S.S and service advisor. HOnda tends to be very finicky generally vs other brands for no logical reason. Your best case is to do a complete new set of separate wiring for the lights and dont tap into OEM wiring setup. This may not be clean and would require separate switch etc. Check with your installer.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 10:48   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi4Life View Post
What?
Osram H4 46204CW LED Headlamp integrated driver (Set of 2,25/25W 12V)
1 year manufacturer guarantee.

Installed on 2020 Ford Aspire Titanium+
Stock reflector headlights!

Amazon India

https://amzn.eu/d/8ykaL6N

Price : INR 3300

After pondering for several months over countless options to upgrade my candle like factory fitted H4 halogen bulbs, finally took the plunge. And boy, what a shocker!

I was skeptical of the performance of LEDs fitted into reflector type headlights. Pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

The throw, LHS to RHS range and brightness have exceeded my expectations, by many fold.

DIY installation done at night, with the vehicle placed 5 meters away, facing a wall.
With a little coaxing, got the bulbs to fit flush inside the rubber dust guard cap. No cutting required.

Important: The car's reflectors are in good condition. This is a prerequisite for the best outcome with new LED bulbs.

Note : Headlight levelling function is a boon. Depending on the specific vehicle's ride height, play around with the setting and there will be NO ISSUE of poor high beam with LEDs fitted into a reflector set-up. Kindly use high beam responsibly, on empty highways where you need to see into the distance in the absence of oncoming traffic.

I used the headlight leveller setting at maximum upward angle for high beam (for very brief period in the absence of oncoming traffic on highways) and the result was mind-blowing.

As illustrated in the images attached, perfect horizontal cut off achieved with gradual alignment of both LEDs to perfect vertical position.

Various weather conditions?
Just installed few days ago. I have no doubt that the LEDs will be rendered useless in rains.
Solution : Intend to fit the original halogens for few weeks of heavy rain season.

Side note : Retained the original H11 bulbs in fog light assembly, for now.

I will gladly post more pictures if required by any of our fellow esteemed Bhp'ians.

The discussions on this thread have helped immensely in providing some clarity on such a confounding topic.

Patience does pay off!
Great description of your upgrade, one of the few who are happy with LED in reflector set up. Perhaps it's the quality of Osram that makes the difference. Your dipped beam cut off is sharp, but your main beam looks like blinding oncoming traffic. Perhaps you could lower it?

Anyone come across H19 LED for the likes of i20 2020 models?
Old 13th January 2023, 18:28   #544
BHPian

Hi BHP'ians
Has anyone tried these projector FOG lamp setup
Original iPH CAR Fog Light Projector With Carhatke 130Watt Led Combo Kit
https://carhatke.com/iph-car-project...watt-led-combo
The seller says these are original ones and could provide one yr warranty and these are road legal in India.
Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 20:16   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatr View Post
Hi BHP'ians
Has anyone tried these projector FOG lamp setup
Original iPH CAR Fog Light Projector With Carhatke 130Watt Led Combo Kit
https://carhatke.com/iph-car-project...watt-led-combo
The seller says these are original ones and could provide one yr warranty and these are road legal in India.
Thanks
Instead of this go for fully sealed IPHM617 as that has a proper beam pattern and is fully sealed.
On road legality it is questionable as any aux lights should not be excessively bright and also should not be above headlight level. They are generally ok as fog lights if the integration in the car is seamless (as 3 inch round foglights)

Last edited by Behemoth : 13th January 2023 at 20:18.
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 19:20   #546
BHPian

Folks, what brand of LED headlights would you recommend to replace the oem halogen bulbs?
Old 30th January 2023, 11:36   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad47 View Post
Folks, what brand of LED headlights would you recommend to replace the oem halogen bulbs?
It really depends on your current setup. Bulb size, reflector or projector?

Many, including myself, are very satisfied with the Osram 6000k LEDs available on Amazon. But the best fit will be different for each use case based on above.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 12:00   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
It really depends on your current setup. Bulb size, reflector or projector?

Many, including myself, are very satisfied with the Osram 6000k LEDs available on Amazon. But the best fit will be different for each use case based on above.
Thanks.
I want to install in a projector setup, 9005 configuration. How is the 6000k colour temperature? Is it good for rain. Personally I was inclined towards 4300k
nomad47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 13:08   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad47 View Post
Thanks.
I want to install in a projector setup, 9005 configuration. How is the 6000k colour temperature? Is it good for rain. Personally I was inclined towards 4300k
I would suggest to try the 6000K Osram's first as they are 10 day returnable on Amazon. So install and give them a go for a week before deciding whether to return and go for 4300K or keep them.

In my opinion there is no other LED which has such a great price to performance ratio as the Osram LED's. They are of excellent build quality and come from a reputed brand at a more than decent price compared to the competition. I have used them in the rains and yes they were not fantastic, but definitely very useable. Also the spread is 5x better than stock in my case, they light up the sides of the road amazingly well. The cutoff is fantastic too.

But...and a big but, the performance really depends from car to car, even all projectors may not output the same. So thats why the Osram's are a great product to start out with to test.

Ps. In addition to all of the above, if your high beam uses a separate bulb then the best setup would be:

Low beam: LED's
High beam: Halogens (go for something like Osram Nightbreaker series or equivalent).
s4ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 14:24   #550
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest to try the 6000K Osram's first as they are 10 day returnable on Amazon. So install and give them a go for a week before deciding whether to return and go for 4300K or keep them.

In my opinion there is no other LED which has such a great price to performance ratio as the Osram LED's. They are of excellent build quality and come from a reputed brand at a more than decent price compared to the competition. I have used them in the rains and yes they were not fantastic, but definitely very useable. Also the spread is 5x better than stock in my case, they light up the sides of the road amazingly well. The cutoff is fantastic too.

But...and a big but, the performance really depends from car to car, even all projectors may not output the same. So thats why the Osram's are a great product to start out with to test.

Ps. In addition to all of the above, if your high beam uses a separate bulb then the best setup would be:

Low beam: LED's
High beam: Halogens (go for something like Osram Nightbreaker series or equivalent).
Thank you for the detailed reply. I will try out the Osaram ones. My headlight setup is of single projector setup (Kia Seltos), with both high and low beam on same bulb. So have no option for the LED + Halogen setup.
nomad47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 14:05   #551
BHPian

Re: Need advice: Fog lamps for Honda Jazz VX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
Had I bought the top ZX version, I would have paid at least 1.09L more for 3 features: LED headlamps, projector foglamps and sunroof.
I believe the headlight assembly for the VX and ZX variant are different. The ZX has projector type headlamps if I am not mistaken.

Can you please share a close up picture of your headlight assembly?
Someone with ZX might help with this their picture.

2020 VX (2015+) headlamp assembly
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-ligh...head-38627581/

2020 ZX headlamp assembly
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-head...sy_r-56828369/
Old 21st February 2023, 08:53   #552
BHPian

Re: Need advice: Fog lamps for Honda Jazz VX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
I believe the headlight assembly for the VX and ZX variant are different. The ZX has projector type headlamps if I am not mistaken.

Can you please share a close up picture of your headlight assembly?
Someone with ZX might help with this their picture.
That's not true. VX and ZX have the exact same reflector setup for the headlamps. ZX houses LED headlamps inside the reflector assembly whereas VX houses halogen headlamps. I replaced halogen headlamps with Osram LED H4.

The actual difference between VX and ZX is in the fog lamps area. VX houses DRLs there, whereas ZX houses (so-called) projector fog lamps. ZX owners would find this annoying (Honda told me this, I haven't verified myself): you can't upgrade the fog lamps even in ZX (e.g. if you want more powerful fog lamps, you just can't replace the stock ones from the company!). This is because Honda only sells "integrated" 6000K (white) fog lamps with the rest of the fog lamp assembly and you have to buy the whole thing together only! If you want to house your own fog lamps, you would have to buy a separate fog lamp housing assembly (which costs around INR 6K per side, INR 12K total). Add to this your chosen fog lamps + installation costs, and you have to spend around 25K total. Also, quite ironically, 3" fog lamps do not fit seamlessly in the ZX fog lamp housing assembly, and you are forced to manually cut it. It is scary to see your mechanic doing so in front of your eyes!

In my case, I got the VX DRLs removed by my trusted mechanic and got it replaced by ZX fog light housing assembly (purchased from Honda, and manually cut by my mechanic so that a 3" fog lamp could go in). Additionally purchased 3" IPH M617 BiLED fog lamps (from Blaze India). The whole upgrade did cost around INR 27K overall, but I am very happy with the results, as I was able to truly choose headlamps and fog lamps of my choice (IPH M617 gives me the ability to select colour temperature between 5500K, 3000K and 4300K). I can upgrade anytime now as per the need / as better products emerge. Hope this helps.

Last edited by jaysheth : 21st February 2023 at 08:59. Reason: Added more detailing
Old 25th February 2023, 12:27   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

For people who are looking for warmer CCT in led headlight bulbs, Osram has recently launched their high wattage LED bulb 50w in 4200k. This should be a good option. Saw that is is available on https://www.planetcarcare.com/produc...00k-6000k-pair
(Different bulb types like H7/ H11/ H4 are available)

Last edited by Behemoth : 25th February 2023 at 12:28.
Behemoth is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 16:34   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
For people who are looking for warmer CCT in led headlight bulbs, Osram has recently launched their high wattage LED bulb 50w in 4200k. This should be a good option. Saw that is is available on https://www.planetcarcare.com/produc...00k-6000k-pair
(Different bulb types like H7/ H11/ H4 are available)
Sounds really good. How reliable is Planet car care to order from? Also their website says 4200k/6000k. What exactly does that mean?
Old 25th February 2023, 17:03   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds really good. How reliable is Planet car care to order from? Also their website says 4200k/6000k. What exactly does that mean?
I have ordered in the past from planet car care - I had ordered Osram CBI Pro projectors (cost 19k) from them and received it in 3 days in Delhi NCR. Have also ordered other items like 3m ac cleaner from them too. They are authorised for Osram as a distributor. You can contact them for the specific variant before placing the order - normally after placing the order they also call and contact on whatsapp to check the exact version required.
Behemoth is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks