Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2008, 13:06   #2161
Senior - BHPian

Hi Styx
I had a more or less similar experience as you recently. The experience was like this. The service advisor strongly advised against any change in the OE set up. They are basically programmed to behave like this by their principals - in my case Maruti. Also, they don't get a chance to learn anything beyond what their principals teach them. In my case he even came up with some technical objections, which Nitrous thankfully clarified was pure bull's excreta !!
So I found out the head electrician in the service center. Please remember the head electrician in any garage is a highly valued mechanic and he is generally highly pampered by every one there. Asked him how he would advise me to upgrade the light for highways. He gave the answer that I was expecting (earlier other electricians said just change the bulb and I rejected them as dangerously ignorant) - add a relay, a wiring harness and then the higher wattage bulbs. I knew he was the person. Asked him about the holders and he said the wiring harness comes with the holders.
Lured him with some money and he did it in about half an hour - outside the main workshop. He could lose his job if he was caught doing it.
The OE set up is very much there and not tampered with. The new wiring harness bypasses the OE wiring. He just sealed the end points with black tape and the OE set up can be activated again if I want to. The new set up is almost like a plug and play system.
When they do it, ensure that they strap the wiring harness to the body of the car properly and the relay is properly and firmly attached somewhere.
Only thing that I was not too happy with is that the mechanic insisted on the brand that he trusts - PMP. They had not heard of Roots for headlight. I had not heard about PMP but found out it's okay.
It's been around a week. I am quite happy with the improved light. Can face the Ambassador taxis more boldly now.
The person who gave me the confidence in the process is Nitrous and also AK Roy. Go for it. If you don't like you can always go back to the old system.
Sorry about such a long post.
Old 4th October 2008, 19:50   #2162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Hi Styx
I had a more or less similar experience as you recently. The experience was like this. The service advisor strongly advised against any change in the OE set up. They are basically programmed to behave like this by their principals - in my case Maruti. Also, they don't get a chance to learn anything beyond what their principals teach them. In my case he even came up with some technical objections, which Nitrous thankfully clarified was pure bull's excreta !!
So I found out the head electrician in the service center. Please remember the head electrician in any garage is a highly valued mechanic and he is generally highly pampered by every one there. Asked him how he would advise me to upgrade the light for highways. He gave the answer that I was expecting (earlier other electricians said just change the bulb and I rejected them as dangerously ignorant) - add a relay, a wiring harness and then the higher wattage bulbs. I knew he was the person. Asked him about the holders and he said the wiring harness comes with the holders.
Lured him with some money and he did it in about half an hour - outside the main workshop. He could lose his job if he was caught doing it.
The OE set up is very much there and not tampered with. The new wiring harness bypasses the OE wiring. He just sealed the end points with black tape and the OE set up can be activated again if I want to. The new set up is almost like a plug and play system.
When they do it, ensure that they strap the wiring harness to the body of the car properly and the relay is properly and firmly attached somewhere.
Only thing that I was not too happy with is that the mechanic insisted on the brand that he trusts - PMP. They had not heard of Roots for headlight. I had not heard about PMP but found out it's okay.
It's been around a week. I am quite happy with the improved light. Can face the Ambassador taxis more boldly now.
The person who gave me the confidence in the process is Nitrous and also AK Roy. Go for it. If you don't like you can always go back to the old system.
Hi Sudipto-da
I did exactly what you have so painstakingly elaborated.My OE set-up is still there,but I have fitted separate wiring harness which goes though a corrugated pvc pipe strapped at different places to the car body (the rear wall of the engine bay),it also has two separate relays for each bulb,as I am using 130/100W bulbs (which gives enormous white light),two bakelite holders complete the ensemble! And voila,you can go out to the jungle!
Friends,you can have a look in the 'view my garage' section for pics !

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 4th October 2008 at 19:54.
Old 4th October 2008, 22:29   #2163
BHPian

hey guys i want to put undercar kit for my swift. How is the streetglow under car LED kit ?
Old 5th October 2008, 00:14   #2164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakky88 View Post
hey guys i want to put undercar kit for my swift. How is the streetglow under car LED kit ?
IMO, undercar LEDs dont look too good. go for a neon kit instead. i saw a streetglow undercar neon kit in one of the car accessories shop near the stadium. they quoted around 6.5k for it( but that is months ago). the cheaper option is to go for local neons(take a look at my gallery to get an idea) that can be found in private buses, these neons are really bright.

Last edited by badboyscad : 5th October 2008 at 00:16.
Old 5th October 2008, 13:08   #2165
Team-BHP Support

got 100/90w osram bulbs on my getz. they seem as good as the narvas i had earlier though the narvas were a bit whiter. paid 700.
Old 5th October 2008, 16:31   #2166
BHPian

Hey,
Anyone know which bulbs fit into the '08 Fiesta? Headlights and Fogs both?
Thanks!
Old 5th October 2008, 17:19   #2167
BHPian

Ok, found for the headlights - H1 and H7 - need the fog lights now. Maybe we should have a separate thread for ONLY bulbs numbers and the cars they are in. Would make things alot simpler. Anyone?
Old 5th October 2008, 19:04   #2168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakky88 View Post
Streetglow is way overpriced in that sort of stuff. They were the ones who started it all though nowadays you get much more affordable stuff from China.

Some people prefer LED, some prefer NEON. You can get LED stuff for way cheaper.

What colour are you looking at? Or you could get the 6 Colour LED tubes...search on Ebay India you can find it.
Old 5th October 2008, 22:57   #2169
BHPian

thanks a lot. I am looking for green color. I have a black swift , green will be good i guess !!
Old 5th October 2008, 23:20   #2170
BHPian

Hello Fellow BHpians,

i am looking to change the head lamps on my car to HID (Xenon), the cars which i am planning for are the swift, i10 and accord.

i found two companies which fit my requirement philips and P4
i wanted your help in which one is the better one to go for.

Philips cost is 9.5k which will have low beam only. (2 bulbs) 6000k, had a demo of them and they seem to be good
p4 is coming to 11k which would be low and high beam (but only two bulbs would be there, heard there is some switching that happens) plan to have a demo.

Please help me out. thanks...
Old 6th October 2008, 09:09   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Hi Styx

Thanks for the reply, Sudipto.

I have one more question - can we get the plastic lens in front of the headlight assembly replaced with a glass one? I mean, is there any place where we can source these type of parts(assuming they are available)? I suppose the glass lens would solve the problem of the lens becoming foggy.

Thank You
Old 6th October 2008, 11:52   #2172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypest View Post
Hello Fellow BHpians,

i am looking to change the head lamps on my car to HID (Xenon), the cars which i am planning for are the swift, i10 and accord.

i found two companies which fit my requirement philips and P4
i wanted your help in which one is the better one to go for.

Philips cost is 9.5k which will have low beam only. (2 bulbs) 6000k, had a demo of them and they seem to be good
p4 is coming to 11k which would be low and high beam (but only two bulbs would be there, heard there is some switching that happens) plan to have a demo.

Please help me out. thanks...
Philips 6000k H4 size has both high and low beam.

What is the colour temp for the P4?
Old 6th October 2008, 12:14   #2173
BHPian

Well i am not sure, as i plan to get in touch with the dealer... but what do you say between the two brands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Philips 6000k H4 size has both high and low beam.

What is the colour temp for the P4?
Old 6th October 2008, 20:34   #2174
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a Ford IKON 1.6 and would like to change the head lamps to HID for better visibility and more light on the road. The OEM setup has a single bulg with 2 filaments. I have the following questions.

Is there a way that I can put in a HID bulb with projector setup in the same headlamp assembly?

Is there a non OEM full assembly available which has the full functionality of double beam headlight, parking light and turn indicator which will fit in the car without any body work?

My wishlist is to have a full headlamp assemblt with angel eyes and LED turn indicators that can be a plug and play in the IKON. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:15   #2175
BHPian

Philips HeadLight Bulbs

Hi All,

I wanna put Phiips Xtreme Power or Essential Vision in my Getz.

Can you please suggest which one is better?

Xtreme Power is 55/60w ,on the other hand Essential Vision is 90/100w.

Which one has a better area coverage and brightness and also suitable for rain?

Please let me know fast coz m going to GOA by car on Friday!!!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks