Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 22:23   #2206
BHPian

From this thread I conclude that 100/90 are good bulbs. But I have Halonix 100/90 xenon fitted in my esteem (with realy and thinker wires), yet I don't get good illumination. I had once hit those big dustbin kept on side of roads on rainy day. What should I do? upgrade to clear headlamp assembly or any other bulb suggested? I'll post a pic tomorow how road looks to me at night.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:46   #2207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
The Roots kit + Relay is around Rs 600+ IIRC.

You will require a Roots wiring kit (holders included) and a dual Relay.

Rally 100/130 - Rs 360/pair in Delhi (3 month old price). Very difficult to source genuine 100/130 Philips Rally.
So while during the installation of the bulbs and relay,do i need to tell the mechanic to break a circuit and get the power or have to directly get it from battery. Please specify this as the maruti mechanic told me its not good to break circuit and get the power,if i do so i will end up shorting all my vehicle circuits.Is it correct?
Old 17th October 2008, 16:19   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Rally 130/100 - Rs 360/pair in Delhi (3 month old price). Very difficult to source genuine 100/130 Philips Rally.
Its easily available in kolkata and the MRP is Rs 200 per bulb ! But as ankitahuja has pointed out,get best piece of wiring you can lay your hands on badboyscad,plus separate relays for each bulb plus bakelite holders.The improvement in illumination would be something which I can assure you would bring genuine smile to your face !!
Old 18th October 2008, 19:59   #2209
BHPian

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1018_193128.jpg

This is how road looks to me at night These are 100/90 Halonix with relay.
Old 19th October 2008, 05:46   #2210
BHPian

My 50w 4300k Bixenon High beams (SX4)

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-sx4-4300k-high-beam.jpg
Old 19th October 2008, 09:41   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post

Attachment 61509
Thats pretty neat illumination anantnehru.Can you please post pictures of your low beam too?
Old 19th October 2008, 13:31   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
So while during the installation of the bulbs and relay,do i need to tell the mechanic to break a circuit and get the power or have to directly get it from battery. Please specify this as the maruti mechanic told me its not good to break circuit and get the power,if i do so i will end up shorting all my vehicle circuits.Is it correct?
I remember my electrician never asked me such a question. There was no cutting required and the power was not taken directly from the battery. I believe the HL wiring harness starts from a point, all you need is to hook up the new wiring from that point as well (The old wiring + holder remain in the bay but useless).

I will post a detailed description later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Attachment 61462

This is how road looks to me at night These are 100/90 Halonix with relay.
My personal experience with Halonix +60 100/90W bulbs has not been good. I also feel your HL requires aim settings. And read ultimatechamp's post #2210. What is the condition of your HL Assembly/reflectors? You might want to replace those.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Thats pretty neat illumination anantnehru.Can you please post pictures of your low beam too?
Attachment 61509
Very good lighting Anant! Mind sharing the Brand and Cost?
Also, your signature says "White LED Mirror Lights" - Please post pictures (Day/Night)
Old 19th October 2008, 13:45   #2213
Senior - BHPian

Finally found out the size of the indica fogs. ( had to have a crash to find out )
they're H11. Are they hard to get hold of ?
Old 19th October 2008, 15:51   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Also, your signature says "White LED Mirror Lights" - Please post pictures (Day/Night)
Brand is Chinese, and cost well, I import these so I dontknow if I'm allowed to put the cost here. But there is a years warranty, and am planning to get some for the fogs as well.
LED Mirror Lights are down below:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0896.jpg

Dont have one taken in the day will post it in a little while.
I also have an LED strip on the headlights, but taking a pic from the front resulted in alot of glare, trying to figure that one out. This is what I have as of now. (This is the LED strip with parking lights on)

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0955edit.jpg

And finally, my low beam picture; slightly blurry, but you can still see how far the beam goes.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-sx4-4300k-low-beam.jpg

Im going to take one up front with LED strip on the headlights and the mirror lights as well, when I figure out how to take the pic properly. Also planning on taking out the parking light bulb.
Old 19th October 2008, 15:58   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
My personal experience with Halonix +60 100/90W bulbs has not been good. I also feel your HL requires aim settings. And read ultimatechamp's post #2210. What is the condition of your HL Assembly/reflectors? You might want to replace those.
I just figured out from yellow light from my bulbs that they are not getting enough voltage. Just now what I did is connected a multimeter to car battery terminal and started the car and kept RPM little higher than idle. Voltage increased to 13.2v from 12.5v, now as soon as I switched on headlight, battery voltage started dropping and reached 11.6v Battery is not even a year old and quite well charged as I drive car daily.

Switching to lower wattage bulb like 55w something will solve this problem or there is something wrong with the car electrical ?
Old 19th October 2008, 16:34   #2216
Senior - BHPian

anant, can we have snaps of what they look like in the daytime ?
Old 19th October 2008, 16:42   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
anant, can we have snaps of what they look like in the daytime ?
Sure, but which ones? The mirror lights or the headlight LEDs?
Old 19th October 2008, 17:41   #2218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I just figured out from yellow light from my bulbs that they are not getting enough voltage. Just now what I did is connected a multimeter to car battery terminal and started the car and kept RPM little higher than idle. Voltage increased to 13.2v from 12.5v, now as soon as I switched on headlight, battery voltage started dropping and reached 11.6v Battery is not even a year old and quite well charged as I drive car daily.

Switching to lower wattage bulb like 55w something will solve this problem or there is something wrong with the car electrical ?
Voltage will drop if the circuit isn't getting the current it needs for the load connected to it. You need to put your lamps on a different circuit (read : relay) and use some fat cables to do so. Do remember that the highest current capacity of a circuit is the capacity of the lowest capacity cable in the circuit. So make sure there are no bottlenecks in your electric system.

12.5V is fine for the battery. I suspect your cabling.
Old 20th October 2008, 11:03   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
I remember my electrician never asked me such a question. There was no cutting required and the power was not taken directly from the battery. I believe the HL wiring harness starts from a point, all you need is to hook up the new wiring from that point as well (The old wiring + holder remain in the bay but useless).

Same with me as Ankit pointed out.My electrician happily did it for me and it takes a little over an hour. But best available things are required so that car electricals are not fouled up in any way.

Quote:
Sure, but which ones? The mirror lights or the headlight LEDs?
The mirror LEDs look cool Anant and the headlight ones too.I guess like greenhorn,we all want to see both in daytime shots to check out how they are actually.The low beam headlight picture needs to be better though.

By the way,have anybody from our board seen or used the new CELIS technology in automotive lighting from Hella ? Did a search on CELIS but did not found anything here on the board.

Here are the links:
Drivers | Hella Australia Pty Ltd

Parts4vws.com and Parts4Audis.com - <strong>NLA</strong> Golf III Hella Celis Headlight Kit

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 20th October 2008 at 11:09.
Old 20th October 2008, 14:52   #2220
BHPian

All right guys.
Here you go, head on shots as well from the side.
Let me know what say you.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0988edit.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0989edit.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0990edit.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0991edit.jpg

The wiring for the mirrors can be done alot more neatly, but I didnt have patience the day I had it installed so have to go back and get it rectified. But you cant really see them at night.

Last edited by anantnehru : 20th October 2008 at 14:54. Reason: Additions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks