Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:38   #2341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
I just got the 450s put on my SX4, and there were installed onto the bumper using the nuts,bolts and other stuff in the packaging itself.
Pictures please anant.As well as your experience of using them in details.Do they contain 55W bulb or 100W?Thanks
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:58   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
@HotChillyPepper

Where did you buy the ceramic holders in Bangalore and how much did they cost?
I got it from Autoshop ( Koramangala). Not sure about the exact price though, as I bought bulbs too same day. It should not be more than 100RS for a pair. In case you need the shops no please PM me
Old 4th November 2008, 01:16   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Pictures please anant.As well as your experience of using them in details.Do they contain 55W bulb or 100W?Thanks
Sure just give me a day or two. I only used them on the highway when I drove to Gwalior recently, not that I needed them; but just to see what they were like.(They're yellow - thought just incase Delhi gets another round of fog this year)
I havent changed the bulb so I'm guessing they are 55w.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:20   #2344
BHPian

Can anyone please tell me from where I can source Hella 100/90W orginals in Bangalore?
Old 4th November 2008, 11:25   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
It comes in 55W only.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:11   #2346
BHPian

Satya - EVO has them. Recently got them fitted alongwith a wiring kit on my brother in law's Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Can anyone please tell me from where I can source Hella 100/90W orginals in Bangalore?
Old 4th November 2008, 14:24   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Satya - EVO has them. Recently got them fitted alongwith a wiring kit on my brother in law's Innova.
Thanks Shyam. I will call him up and ask.

Edit: Confirmed he has got it stock. Will be visiting Evo in the evening.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 4th November 2008 at 14:40.
Old 4th November 2008, 14:34   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
It comes in 55W only.
You can retrofit 100W bulbs in quite a few Hellas (usually the bigger ones).Don't know whether the same can be done in 450s.

@Anant: Take your time man,no rush.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:00   #2349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Did you use any relay with the 450s ? Also what type of wire did you use for wiring, like the conventional thin wires or thick gauge wires ?
The wiring was normal wiring. Relay my mechanic did use. Dont think it had a brand.

Quote:
@Anant: Take your time man,no rush.
Lol, just been caught up with a little work. By tomorrow for sure.
Old 5th November 2008, 16:56   #2350
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - please read my post on headlights on page 60 of this thread posted on September 27 2007 for details.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 5th November 2008, 19:58   #2351
BHPian

front bumper neon's . Street glow neon's
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img0131a.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-picture-014.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-picture-015.jpg  

Old 6th November 2008, 18:04   #2352
BHPian

Hi! I need some advice on the lighting, as in headlights, fog lamps etc. for a Skoda Octavia Rider Classic. The current set up, that i have is as follows:
- Rider Classic stock headlamp assembly (single headlight H4 for low/hi beam and a projector foglamp)
- Philips HID for headlamps (4500k, not too sure) and the stock bulbs for the foglamps

Initially I fell for the HIDs due to explanations such as lower heat (else there was a complaint of the lenses getting duller) and looks of the HID.

I have to admit that it is quite difficult to drive at nights. Since the HIDs are not projected, I believe they must be causing inconvenience to the other road users too. Hence have the beams adjusted a little down. Still, I have difficulty for my road view too. Roads without markings are not visible, especially during rain.

I was thinking on adding two hella foglamps fitted at bumper level in front of the bumper or something like that. Would they affect the aerodynamics of the car? condensor cooling capabilities? looks of the car?

Can you please advice me on any other solutions too? Last option could be to remove the HIDs but I would want atleast 130watts thrown on the road and no harm to my headlamp lenses. Approx driving speeds would be 120kmph(avg), 190kmph(max)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1040882
Old 7th November 2008, 01:09   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunjohnpaul View Post
Hi! I need some advice on the lighting, as in headlights, fog lamps etc. for a Skoda Octavia Rider Classic. The current set up, that i have is as follows:
- Rider Classic stock headlamp assembly (single headlight H4 for low/hi beam and a projector foglamp)
- Philips HID for headlamps (4500k, not too sure) and the stock bulbs for the foglamps

Initially I fell for the HIDs due to explanations such as lower heat (else there was a complaint of the lenses getting duller) and looks of the HID.

I have to admit that it is quite difficult to drive at nights. Since the HIDs are not projected, I believe they must be causing inconvenience to the other road users too. Hence have the beams adjusted a little down. Still, I have difficulty for my road view too. Roads without markings are not visible, especially during rain.

I was thinking on adding two hella foglamps fitted at bumper level in front of the bumper or something like that. Would they affect the aerodynamics of the car? condensor cooling capabilities? looks of the car?

Can you please advice me on any other solutions too? Last option could be to remove the HIDs but I would want atleast 130watts thrown on the road and no harm to my headlamp lenses. Approx driving speeds would be 120kmph(avg), 190kmph(max)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1040882
I actually have seen a few Octy's, very few at that, with fog lamps in the location you are talking about. It was a very neat fit. But in the other thread, Autopsyche has said something about how it does infact affect the cooling capabilities. You will have to find out about that.
Old 7th November 2008, 11:47   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunjohnpaul View Post

At the speed you mentioned, I do not think the additional lights in front would disturb the cooling capacities . But might be a concern if you do in crawling city traffic.

Please compare the HIDs with another 4500K one, just to confirm that you have the true one.

Is the stock foglight a HID? 3000K HID in those projector fogs might be of some help in rains. Just a thought.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:55   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Please compare the HIDs with another 4500K one, just to confirm that you have the true one.

Is the stock foglight a HID? 3000K HID in those projector fogs might be of some help in rains. Just a thought.
I have 4300k. Pics on page 148. Check it out there.
3000k would definitely help in bad weather. And if you're running OE bulbs with HIDs in the normal beams, the OE bulbs will hardly have an effect at all. I have HIDs with OE fogs - and dont use the fogs at all.

Most Viewed