Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 20:45   #3391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
whats the unsolved issue? there is marking on the light assembly telling you which side to rotate for your requirement.
Its a long story. After our Baleno crash, the headlights were very poorly focused. Dad had two to three times almost crashed at night. So needed to focus them. When I gave Baleno for service at Kiran motors, they messed up fully with the focussing. Baleno was rendered useless during night. Later on I tried doing it my way after showing it to some mechanics. In Dadu's thread for Safari, Rjstyles informed about the screw.
So worked out on them.

After the headlamps were replaced, this was a major issue, but now its all solved. After reading your post, tomorrow I will figure out where the direction is mentioned.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1409300-post3122.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1409376-post3128.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1409437-post3130.html
Old 9th October 2009, 21:57   #3392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
I need to buy Philips Xtreme Power H1 & H7 in Pune. Please suggest me a good shop.

Thanks!
I need this desperately, please help!
Old 10th October 2009, 11:39   #3393
BHPian

Friends where can i find OSRAM H8 cool blue bulbs for Swift Dzire fog lamps in Bangalore ? Please help.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:44   #3394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Its a long story. After our Baleno crash, the headlights were very poorly focused.....
Normally new set of headlights don't need any adjustment. i have replaced three sets till date. the right one is focused lower by design, you can turn it up a bit to get better light on to the dividers.
Did you check the structure on which its mounted? it its not true then even full turn of the adjustments will not get the right focus. let me see if i can get you pictures of adjustment screw
Old 10th October 2009, 15:00   #3395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need this desperately, please help!
Quote:
I need to buy Philips Xtreme Power H1 & H7 in Pune. Please suggest me a good shop
I had seen H4 xtreme power at carax @Balewadi near Hotel Sadanand and also at Michelin Brand Store (Darshan Tyres) in the lane off the J M Road near Bhandari Auto Accessories. Check w/ these folks.
They may be of help,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 10th October 2009 at 15:02.
Old 10th October 2009, 22:21   #3396
BHPian

Thanks BJ.

Will check with them tomorrow. Alternatively, I have got the contacts from Osram. So if Philips does not work out, I will go with Osram Nightbreakers. Osrams are a bit costly though. ( 2600 INR for 2 H1 and 2H7s.)
Old 11th October 2009, 13:41   #3397
BHPian

Recently changed my headlights from Philips Rally 130/100 W to Philips Rally 110/100 W. IMO,light output is almost the same but this one looks quite a bit whiter than the 130s.Heat generation is a bit less .Changed my fog light bulbs too.

The reason I changed is that almost a year had passed with my previous set-up.I faced no problems in this one year.This time,I managed to get a Hella original wiring harness with single big relay.Previously I had wiring harness with twin relays from a company called Anmol,who reportedly is OE supplier to Mahindra cars.Got the Hella harness with a pair of ceramic holders.

The reason I downshifted from 130 to 110 is peculiar.Philips reportedly has stopped importing the 130s,rather now importing the 110s only.They are producing the 130s somewhere in India,and you should have a look at the quality of finish on those!Absolutely horrible!Quite a few bulbs I removed from sealed packs had the coating on top of them absent at places!!! The sealed packs had Philips logo and original hologram on them.IMO,this means that these bulbs may be originally from Philips stable,but their quality control has gone down the drain.

The 110s finish were like the earlier 130s,very upto the mark.I got them fitted and the overall performance has brought the earlier smile back on my face.
Old 13th October 2009, 09:35   #3398
Senior - BHPian

1. Can anyone clarify if the headlights of the swift / dzire can be adjusted manually up and down. I asked the service center and they said it could not be done manually. As the manufacturer has provided a electrical motor to do the same.
Anyway IMOthe OE headlamp level is too low and 60/55 sucks.

2. After going thru the varios posts here have decided to upgrade to 100/90 with relays holders etc. just see that they dont cut any OE wires so if there is a warranty issue - Off go the add ons. Anyone with 100/90 on swift experienced dulling of the clear plastic headlight covers?
Old 13th October 2009, 09:47   #3399
BHPian

I have upgraded the lights with Relay for Philips H1 Vision Plus bulbs on my Dzire. Its been 4 months since the upgrade and I do not see any whitening of the plastic.
Old 14th October 2009, 09:57   #3400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
I have upgraded the lights with Relay for Philips H1 Vision Plus bulbs on my Dzire. Its been 4 months since the upgrade and I do not see any whitening of the plastic.
Hey deepak, I thought swift dzire headlights are H4. pl correct me if im wrong
Old 14th October 2009, 12:27   #3401

New Headlamps for Palio MJD

Hi All,

I'm mulling over changing the stock headlamps for my Paliio MJD as the stock ones aren't sufficient for me. I would like something brighter and if possible with with better throw. Can anyone suggest what are my options?

thanks
rajarajanr
Old 15th October 2009, 12:45   #3402
BHPian

Where can I buy LightForce in Bangalore

Guys,

Where can I buy lightforce 240 blitz in bangalore. can i get some contact number. I need to fit them for my scorpio.

Is there any better option apart from lightforce for the extra headlamps. Can we also get the xeon lights in lightforce.

-Pakku
Old 15th October 2009, 15:02   #3403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingadalli View Post
Guys,

Where can I buy lightforce 240 blitz in bangalore. can i get some contact number. I need to fit them for my scorpio.

Is there any better option apart from lightforce for the extra headlamps. Can we also get the xeon lights in lightforce.

-Pakku
Pakku, I had seen a pair of 240 blitz with Raj at pitstop. Your Scorp will definitely look hot with them on. All the best.

Last edited by beejay : 15th October 2009 at 15:03. Reason: Your scorp..
Old 15th October 2009, 18:00   #3404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys

For those looking for aftermarket driving/fog lights, here is a very very useful PDF file of Hella India's official catalogue (with MRPs).

Hope it helps as the market is flooded with various fake Hellas being sold at wildly varying prices.
Thanks itwasntme , you know any Hella dealer who sells these (Premium Light Micro DE Set ) at good prices ?
Old 16th October 2009, 11:21   #3405
BHPian

lightforce authorised distributor for India is Kumar's, they have a garage in outer ring road near to banshankari

Most Viewed