Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 13:18   #1726
BHPian

well i can rip the top of the car off and have the screens embeded in it, though that sounds like lot of work, still looking for the led option
Old 24th May 2008, 20:48   #1727
BHPian

HID price?

hi
I want to install HID kit in Baleno, what are prices and what is the Brightest light (H1 to H7 ?) ? Can i get high and low beam in same xenon HID for baleno? will heat effect my light projector and i have strobes in headlights?
Hows the performance on highway at night?
thanks

Last edited by neo_trace : 24th May 2008 at 20:54.
Old 24th May 2008, 22:06   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
hi
I want to install HID kit in Baleno, what are prices and what is the Brightest light (H1 to H7 ?) ? Can i get high and low beam in same xenon HID for baleno? will heat effect my light projector and i have strobes in headlights?
thanks

well h1 or h7 is the model name not the light brightness first of all my friend!!

HID comes in different bulb depending on the sockets of the bulb in your light !!

Like if you have a double beam car like corolla then you must need a h7 and h8 for low and high beam respectively where as you have baleno there is just one reflector for high and low beam so you must need H4 HID bulb ,which has the feature of working on high and low beam too!!!

and for the fog light if you want it then you need h3 or h1 depending on the retainers !!

strobes will not be visible when these hid will be on !

It will increase your visibility and side by side it will make blind the oncomers too

the price can go from 5.5k to 20k depending the company you purchase !

The best you can get the BOSCH for around 6.5k with a year warranty !!

And now for the colour of the HID it depends on the kelvins u need !

This is how it works:
4300k -yellow (the best but almost next to impossible to get these )
6000k -white (the best and available)
8000k-bluish (the visibility will not be good hen you are at a light up area)
12000k purple (just for show off, no visibility)
Old 25th May 2008, 02:49   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
hi
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
well h1 or h7 is the model name not the light brightness first of all my friend!!
H1, H3, H4, H7 etc are bulb type. Baleno uses H4. Brightness depends on the watts. More watts, the brighter. A 35w xenon is sufficient as they produce about 3 times the brightness compare to a 55w halogen. You can get HID kit in H4 Bi-xenon that has dual beam (Hi/Lo). However they are more expensive.

By "Projector", I suppose you mean the "Reflector". Xenon bulbs typically produces lesser heat than halogen, are much more brighter and consumes less power. So it will not effect your reflector. Projector lights are another type of lighting system that comes in high-end cars like Skoda, Mercedes etc.
Old 25th May 2008, 13:35   #1730
BHPian

Although i know that there is no guarantee for electrical parts, especially for bulbs, but just out of curiosity i want to know how much is the shelf life of an H7 headlight (low beam) bulb (the life is counted in number of hours. right?). I have just replaced the left handside headlight bulb on my Fiesta and the car is just 2 years 3 months old. Also i have seen lot of Fiestas where especially the left handside bulb had gone. Can there be any wiring issue with the Fiestas that only the LHD headlights are going kaput? or mere coincidental?

P.S. The service advisor at Planet Ford said the wiring is fine(in my car) and that only the bulb had gone.

dhaval
Old 26th May 2008, 17:55   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
HID kits comes in H1, H3, H4...H7 etc. H4 has Hi/Lo beam. Most projector uses single beam (some uses Bi-xenon), as projector type headlights have multiple lights and uses separate lights for Hi & Lo as oppose to single light that serve both Hi & Lo as in H4. Projectors also comes in H1, ..H4,..H7 etc.

My projector uses H7. I tried putting H4 after making modification to the H4 bulb by cutting off the edges, but the result are not good as the focal point on the reflector changes.

As you have already mentioned that it probably uses H1. I think you may not have to buy the whole kit. You can retain the ballast and buy only the Bulbs which will come much cheaper. Ballast are used for boosting the power from 12v up to something like 20,000v for starting the xenon bulbs.
Thanks for the detail. What is your advice? Should I do the modification or buy a new one as you mentioned that you tired it but the result was not good.
Old 26th May 2008, 18:29   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HID kits comes in H1, H3, H4...H7 etc. H4 has Hi/Lo beam. Most projector uses single beam (some uses Bi-xenon), as projector type headlights have multiple lights and uses separate lights for Hi & Lo as oppose to single light that serve both Hi & Lo as in H4. Projectors also comes in H1, ..H4,..H7 etc.

My projector uses H7. I tried putting H4 after making modification to the H4 bulb by cutting off the edges, but the result are not good as the focal point on the reflector changes.

As you have already mentioned that it probably uses H1. I think you may not have to buy the whole kit. You can retain the ballast and buy only the Bulbs which will come much cheaper. Ballast are used for boosting the power from 12v up to something like 20,000v for starting the xenon bulbs.
Quote:

HID comes in different bulb depending on the sockets of the bulb in your light !!

Like if you have a double beam car like corolla then you must need a h7 and h8 for low and high beam respectively where as you have baleno there is just one reflector for high and low beam so you must need H4 HID bulb ,which has the feature of working on high and low beam too!!!

and for the fog light if you want it then you need h3 or h1 depending on the retainers !!

strobes will not be visible when these hid will be on !

It will increase your visibility and side by side it will make blind the oncomers too

the price can go from 5.5k to 20k depending the company you purchase !

The best you can get the BOSCH for around 6.5k with a year warranty !!

And now for the colour of the HID it depends on the kelvins u need !

This is how it works:
4300k -yellow (the best but almost next to impossible to get these )
6000k -white (the best and available)
8000k-bluish (the visibility will not be good hen you are at a light up area)
12000k purple (just for show off, no visibility)
Quote:
H1, H3, H4, H7 etc are bulb type. Baleno uses H4. Brightness depends on the watts. More watts, the brighter. A 35w xenon is sufficient as they produce about 3 times the brightness compare to a 55w halogen. You can get HID kit in H4 Bi-xenon that has dual beam (Hi/Lo). However they are more expensive.

By "Projector", I suppose you mean the "Reflector". Xenon bulbs typically produces lesser heat than halogen, are much more brighter and consumes less power. So it will not effect your reflector. Projector lights are another type of lighting system that comes in high-end cars like Skoda, Mercedes etc.

I am really confused by the above details. Specifically its Projector that has created this confusion.

As far as my understanding are concerned:
1) Projector headlamps use H1, H4, H7, HID( i.e. Xenon bubls ) for the light source. So Projector lamps can use HID or Halogen bubls as source of light.

2) HID ( i.e. Xenon headlamps can be fitted into a car as keeping the reflectors as stock. However the reflectors might become black or yellow because of the heat generated.

3) Projector lights do not need normal reflectors as they are complete assembly and we have to just adjust the light focus and generally we have 2/3/4 screws to adjust this.

So in all, HID BULBS can be used as our normal Halogen bulbs like in Baleno, or we can go ahead and have projector headlamps with light source ranging from H1 to HID.

What is Bi-Xenon: The can have both the beams i.e. low beam and high beam lights can be operated by only one single light source and thus one sinle Projector light assembly. This type of conversion is good for Baleno, Santro, etc.
Where as for Corolla, fiesta cars we can have One projector light assembly for high beam and one for low beam.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF MY KNOWLEDGE IS SHORT OR I AM HAVING WRONG INFORMATION.

Secondly, if some one has any information where to procure these Bosch projector lamps, then please post the link here or post the address.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 26th May 2008 at 18:32.
Old 26th May 2008, 20:18   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I am really confused by the above details. Specifically its Projector that has created this confusion.

As far as my understanding are concerned:
1) Projector headlamps use H1, H4, H7, HID( i.e. Xenon bubls ) for the light source. So Projector lamps can use HID or Halogen bubls as source of light.

2) HID ( i.e. Xenon headlamps can be fitted into a car as keeping the reflectors as stock. However the reflectors might become black or yellow because of the heat generated.

3) Projector lights do not need normal reflectors as they are complete assembly and we have to just adjust the light focus and generally we have 2/3/4 screws to adjust this.

So in all, HID BULBS can be used as our normal Halogen bulbs like in Baleno, or we can go ahead and have projector headlamps with light source ranging from H1 to HID.

What is Bi-Xenon: The can have both the beams i.e. low beam and high beam lights can be operated by only one single light source and thus one sinle Projector light assembly. This type of conversion is good for Baleno, Santro, etc.
Where as for Corolla, fiesta cars we can have One projector light assembly for high beam and one for low beam.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF MY KNOWLEDGE IS SHORT OR I AM HAVING WRONG INFORMATION.

Secondly, if some one has any information where to procure these Bosch projector lamps, then please post the link here or post the address.

Yupp you are right almost 99% but some points you are getting confused!!

1. WE can use any type of bulb whether it's HID or normal halogen bulb regarding their retainers and socket fitments !!! Open a bulb from your car headlight and one from fog light now there will be three or two points which help bulb to get lock in position and to retain it !!(see the pics)

If your car is baleno then only H4 bulb can be fitted not any other (H7,H3,H1)

Projector basically works best on HID's but in old cars having projectors do used halogen bulbs too!!!

2. yupp we can use HID on normal stock reflectors too but in theoretical HID are basically used with Projectors only unless the company specifies that the reflectors can be used with HID's and that too should be D2R bulbs(Discharge second generation reflection) !!!

No the reflector cant get burned (black or yellow ) with HID use!!

3. Yuppp you are right projectors itself is the assembly but if you are retro fitting in any car then you need the reflector to support the projector and to adjust the aiming too through the reflector aiming screws!!!

and for the solution YES we can use the HID in normal reflectors cars like baleno and santro !!!

BI-XENON: yupp you are absolutely right and on target for it!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-page-3-a.html

See the bi-xenon set up on santro in this thread!!

Hoping now it will clear all your doubts
Old 26th May 2008, 23:56   #1734
BHPian

We're all here to learn as much as possible. Hope the illustrayion below will help others seeking to learn the basics of auto lightings.
Attached Images

Old 27th May 2008, 01:39   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yupp you are right almost 99% but some points you are getting confused!!

1. WE can use any type of bulb whether it's HID or normal halogen bulb regarding their retainers and socket fitments !!! Open a bulb from your car headlight and one from fog light now there will be three or two points which help bulb to get lock in position and to retain it !!(see the pics)

If your car is baleno then only H4 bulb can be fitted not any other (H7,H3,H1)

Projector basically works best on HID's but in old cars having projectors do used halogen bulbs too!!!

2. yupp we can use HID on normal stock reflectors too but in theoretical HID are basically used with Projectors only unless the company specifies that the reflectors can be used with HID's and that too should be D2R bulbs(Discharge second generation reflection) !!!

No the reflector cant get burned (black or yellow ) with HID use!!

3. Yuppp you are right projectors itself is the assembly but if you are retro fitting in any car then you need the reflector to support the projector and to adjust the aiming too through the reflector aiming screws!!!

and for the solution YES we can use the HID in normal reflectors cars like baleno and santro !!!

BI-XENON: yupp you are absolutely right and on target for it!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-page-3-a.html

See the bi-xenon set up on santro in this thread!!

Hoping now it will clear all your doubts

First of all, thanks for giving very precise information.

1) I knew the socket ( sometimes also called base ), but thought that first let me deal with projectors!
I am yet to find the socket of My Suzuki Zeus ( motorcycle ) HS1 35/35W headlamp ( the service center does not know this ). I think that its PX43t.
Here is one other query: What is the maximum Watt bulb can I go for ? I want to change the bulb and fit in 55/60W or 60/65W M800 halogen Bulb ( 55/60W worked fine in Caliber for 1 year ). I am reluctant to open because of fairing I will have to open more than 17 screws. Googling is hopeless here.
If possible then please answer the query.

2,3) Ok I thought that the refelectors do get yellow. This happened with my spirit when I went ahead and fitted 40/45W halogen and had upgraded coil also. The reflector then truned yellowish. Thanks for upgrading me.

And the figure/illustration posted by you is good and helpful.

Actually I knew most of the things, but the general observation I took from here( and also talked with many other persons including Service advisors from Honda, Suzuki involving 2 & 4 wheelers ) is that people are really confused with HID/Projector.

Thanks to people like you who clarify.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 27th May 2008 at 01:40.
Old 27th May 2008, 01:54   #1736

Hi Guys!! I wanna upgrade my Ikon's lights as well as horns too..But its really tough to find good dealers around here; Borivli ; who stock all the good stuff..I was looking for Philips Xtreme Power Bulbs/ Osram NightBreaker....For horns Roots Windtone Rainbow/ Hella Redgrill- Supertone...Any suggestions are most welcome...

Please help me with finding good dealers around Borivli ..I kind of a get too tired after work so to go all the way to Milan Subway is a task...let alone Shivaji Park/Opera House.

Thanks.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:32   #1737
Senior - BHPian

i just got me a pair of Philips Diamond Visions and man are they a better sight than the previous crystal visions i had

now i can safely drive at night without switching over to hi-beam and blinding people

got it for Rs.1250 bux...
Old 29th May 2008, 15:13   #1738
BHPian

Hi Guys
I just got HID kit installed in my OHC type 2.
HID Kit - Eagleye HID Kit - 8000k
cost : Rs 12000 - 3 yrs warranty
source : Sohail aka streetdreams - team bhp member.

The kit comes with complete wiring, 2 bulbs with holders, extremely good quality relay kit, 2 ballasts.
Installation time taken by my garage person was 20 -25 mins flat.

Results at Night : Extremely bright & wide throw of light. It altelast covers a distance of 1/2 km completely.

I would highly recommend this set up for anyone & everyone who plans to upgrade to HID kit
Pics of the car shall be uploaded in 2 day's time.

Rgds
Old 30th May 2008, 03:09   #1739
BHPian

Hi Guys!
I have got 100/90 H4 Hellas on my Ikon and it already has a relay for the headlights so do i need to replace it with a higher rating relay? if so then can anyone tell me what should i be looking for?
Secondly do i need to change the wiring?
Old 30th May 2008, 13:20   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Hi Guys!
I have got 100/90 H4 Hellas on my Ikon and it already has a relay for the headlights so do i need to replace it with a higher rating relay? if so then can anyone tell me what should i be looking for?
Secondly do i need to change the wiring?
Hi abhi
If the relay kit was put after you changed the bulbs then there is no need to put a relay kit but I dont think u get a relay kit alongwith the car.
If you need to put a relay kit go for ROOTS as it is suppose to be a good kit.

Rgds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks