Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 09:22   #1711
BHPian

Hi Team,
I have decided that to get the projection lighting done for the Honda Vtec (old shape). Please give me inputs on who is manufacturing these consoles. There are my Vtec buddies who are interested in projection lighting, if we can get the source who can get this done then its like “The Legend is Back”. I need a clean finish and great looks, believe me if I get those lights done for my car the person who did those will get many customers lined up for the projection lighting.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:16   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Hi Team,
I have decided that to get the projection lighting done for the Honda Vtec (old shape). Please give me inputs on who is manufacturing these consoles. There are my Vtec buddies who are interested in projection lighting, if we can get the source who can get this done then its like “The Legend is Back”. I need a clean finish and great looks, believe me if I get those lights done for my car the person who did those will get many customers lined up for the projection lighting.
I am also fitting projector lamps for my Ford Ikon. Complete Factory projector headlight assembly for Ikon are not available in the Indian market, so I decided to make them myself. I already got the projectors. Now I'm trying to fabricate the projectors to my existing headlamps. The projectors itself are fantastic and illuminate the road extremely well. The difficulty is in frabicating them properly to the existing headlight assembly. I will post my work when its done.
For now I get very little time to work on it, as I'm a regular office guy. Look up the thread in the future for update.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:31   #1713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Hi Team,
I have decided that to get the projection lighting done for the Honda Vtec (old shape). Please give me inputs on who is manufacturing these consoles.
No one makes Projector type headlamps for the OHC.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:53   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
guys have any of u installed angeleyes projector headlamps on civic..please help me with the details
Search for the modded honda civic thread. There are a few with angel eyes. Do take a look at the Team Bhp Market Place too.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:02   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
No one makes Projector type headlamps for the OHC.
Yes, you are right no one had made a Projector type headlamps for the OHC, but I am looking for someone who can build a headlamp for my car.. please people let me know if you know any customizer who build Headlamps.
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:20   #1716
BHPian

Hi team, I was searching for something online and came across http://www.slickcar.com/accessories/Honda_Civic_projector_light_conversion.asp Link and I noticed that they have Honda Civic 2001-2003 Projector Headlights (Black) TYC and Honda Civic 99-00 JDM Projector Headlights w/Rim Black/Clear when I looked at the snap of the projector lights I thought it would fit the Honda city Type Z model (2001-2003), I am looking for a expert advice on this so that I can order one of them. Please let me know whether either of this would fix the Honda city Type Z model (2001-2003).
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:51   #1717
BHPian

What I am trying to explain here is I am sure this headlight console was used for some other model that was launched sometime back for a Honda hatch back, if you anyone can let me know on which international model the same headlight console was used then it will be very helpful.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:37   #1718
BHPian

Hi vinay, Honda civic headlight assemble will not fit into Honda City Type Z. The Type Z model is the third generation model that was specifically designed for the asian market. Though borrowed technology from the Civic model, they are not the same. There are several projector type headlight assembly for civic models (not in India). However I don't think anyone will fit perfectly in the Type-Z.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:42   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Hi vinay, Honda civic headlight assemble will not fit into Honda City Type Z. The Type Z model is the third generation model that was specifically designed for the asian market. Though borrowed technology from the Civic model, they are not the same. There are several projector type headlight assembly for civic models (not in India). However I don't think anyone will fit perfectly in the Type-Z.
Thanks for the reply Kaynmanti, I am trying to get a source who can check and let me know if any international Civic model assembly will fit the Type-Z. Even trying out in [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines.[/FONT]
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:06   #1720
BHPian

Advice Needed

HI,

Few days back I had installed H4 HID in my Swift. Now I want to upgrade to Angel Eye/Projector Headlights. I know the H4 HID cannot be used as I think it uses the H1 bulbs. My question is what part of the current HID can be re-used in the new setup or what is the cheap alternative of doing so. Can I use the existing ballasts and just buy the H1 Bulbs? Do I have to sell the whole kit and buy a new one?

Regards,
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:15   #1721
BHPian

guys need some help need to know if any one can mod my car roof(inside) with led lights that can display images, words, signs etc. based in mumbai! if possible .I have attached a few photos of a car abroad that has it..need the same look, need to know urgently as i am trying to get it done for a event! thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-pic-1.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-pic-2.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-pic-3.jpg  

Old 24th May 2008, 04:46   #1722
Senior - BHPian

If this is just for an event and not a permanent thing,Im sure you can get a regular screen placed on the roof. Depending on your budget Im sure you can get even an LCD mounted on the roof liner and cover up the edges with either some woodword. The LCD can be connected with concealed wiring to a laptop sitting in the trunk or next to the driver and can be used to toggle between signs or pictures. Im sure you could also get one of those black and red sign boards mounted on the roofliner if an LCD turns out too expensive.

What event is this for anyways?
Old 24th May 2008, 11:43   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
HI,

Few days back I had installed H4 HID in my Swift. Now I want to upgrade to Angel Eye/Projector Headlights. I know the H4 HID cannot be used as I think it uses the H1 bulbs. My question is what part of the current HID can be re-used in the new setup or what is the cheap alternative of doing so. Can I use the existing ballasts and just buy the H1 Bulbs? Do I have to sell the whole kit and buy a new one?

Regards,
HID kits comes in H1, H3, H4...H7 etc. H4 has Hi/Lo beam. Most projector uses single beam (some uses Bi-xenon), as projector type headlights have multiple lights and uses separate lights for Hi & Lo as oppose to single light that serve both Hi & Lo as in H4. Projectors also comes in H1, ..H4,..H7 etc.

My projector uses H7. I tried putting H4 after making modification to the H4 bulb by cutting off the edges, but the result are not good as the focal point on the reflector changes.

As you have already mentioned that it probably uses H1. I think you may not have to buy the whole kit. You can retain the ballast and buy only the Bulbs which will come much cheaper. Ballast are used for boosting the power from 12v up to something like 20,000v for starting the xenon bulbs.
Old 24th May 2008, 12:21   #1724
BHPian

hi khanak, that sounds like a good idea budget is not a problem as i plan to keep the car like that forever, would look really nice, do you any one i can consult about installing ?
Old 24th May 2008, 12:24   #1725
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
If this is just for an event and not a permanent thing,Im sure you can get a regular screen placed on the roof. Depending on your budget Im sure you can get even an LCD mounted on the roof liner and cover up the edges with either some woodword. The LCD can be connected with concealed wiring to a laptop sitting in the trunk or next to the driver and can be used to toggle between signs or pictures. Im sure you could also get one of those black and red sign boards mounted on the roofliner if an LCD turns out too expensive.

What event is this for anyways?
lcds arent exactly light? what will hold the weight?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks