Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2008, 14:11   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Can i use Osram Night breaker for my safari 2.2? Do i need to put any relay?
Do i need to change the bulb holder? Please somebody message me fast cos i am going to buy one on saturday.

I have spoken to the dealer and its around Rs.1600/-

Regards
Deepak

I believe, nightbreaker is also available in 60/55w so you dont have to change the holders.
Old 10th June 2008, 16:25   #1787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
You have got me worried now!The relays in my car are also placed near the firewall

But the water should not have reached there in the first place right?
Not to worry. I feel there is a slight water leak near the firewall in my car. Will test it out today by pouring a bottle of water on the windshield.
Old 11th June 2008, 16:01   #1788
Senior - BHPian

Just fitted 90/100 Philips Rallye with a relay on my Lancer. Switched from the previous Philips X-treme Power (+80%) bulbs. The older bulbs were pretty powerful and provided good lighting (much better than the stock bulbs), but the spread wasn't so good, and lighting felt inadequate on highways and other ill-lit stretches of road.
The new bulbs are super bright with great spread and throw. My initial reaction is positive - will need to drive it on a highway at night to truly test them out. Will do so soon and post an update here.
Old 11th June 2008, 16:30   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Just fitted 90/100 Philips Rallye with a relay on my Lancer.
90/100 Philips Rallye are good both in the city and on highway. The high beam is good enough to command respect from most of the oncoming vehicles who would not even bother if you had stock lights.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:22   #1790
BHPian

Found this on the net

BMW has thermal Night vision camera on them

its really good..
regards
Jaxy
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-2.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-3.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-4.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-5.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-6.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-7.jpg  

Old 12th June 2008, 12:57   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Looks like something out of Splinter Cell! Very cool indeed, and am sure it would be a useful gadget to have. But, that camera itself looks very vulnerable. Would always run the risk of getting damaged in our cities. And I bet it costs a bomb!
Old 12th June 2008, 21:26   #1792
BANNED

Hi,

I wish to replace my existing headlight bulbs in my Esteem with the white xenon bulbs, can i do that easily? Then why are there so costly kits available for such lights too, when you can just change the bulbs.

Need help of the gurus.

See the bulb here - eBay India: POWERFULL WHITE LIGHT HALOGEN BULBS, H4 TYPE 100/90W (item 110261137884 end time 18-Jun-2008 13:06:01 IST)
Old 12th June 2008, 22:08   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
Hi,

I wish to replace my existing headlight bulbs in my Esteem with the white xenon bulbs, can i do that easily? Then why are there so costly kits available for such lights too, when you can just change the bulbs.

Need help of the gurus.

See the bulb here - eBay India: POWERFULL WHITE LIGHT HALOGEN BULBS, H4 TYPE 100/90W (item 110261137884 end time 18-Jun-2008 13:06:01 IST)
You are confused between the HID xenon light and the normal white light.

Quote:
HID stands for high-intensity discharge, the technical term for the electric arc that produces the light. Automotive HID lamps are commonly called 'xenon headlamps', although they are actually metal halide lamps that contain xenon gas. The xenon gas allows the lamps to produce minimally adequate amounts of light immediately upon startup and speed the warmup time. If argon were used instead, as is commonly done in street and other stationary metal halide lamp applications, it would take several minutes for the lamps to reach their full output. HID headlamps use a small, purpose-designed burner which produces more light than ordinary tungsten and tungsten-halogen bulbs. The light from HID headlamps has a distinct bluish tint when compared with tungsten-filament headlamps. The high intensity of the arc comes from metallic salts that are vapourised within the arc chamber.
To install the HID light, you need the complete kit which is expensive.

You can replace the headlamp bulbs with the white bulb, or a more bulb with more power, which is done at any car accessories shop.
Old 13th June 2008, 02:45   #1794
BHPian

Guys, I need your advise asap. Am in qatar right now and planning to carry some goodies back home for my little zen. Regarding the headlight bulbs, am thinking if it is ok to take white bulbs with the rating 100/90??? Am not going to talk about brands like philips/osram/bosch etc as beggers cant be choosers now. Am scared if the high rating will burn my reflector. Mine is the old 2001 model zen. So can I go for 100/90 rating? Another thing, what is the pin/socket for the bulb? I mean, are the bulbs universal or differ with cars?

Query 2, am planning to buy strobes too, to use it for dipper mostly. So which would be the points to be kept in mind when shopping for it?

just did a quick research on this in this thread, and now I endup in more confusion. Am a total novice at this. Does the bulb include both high andlow beam or they are two different bulbs?

I want a cool bluish tinged white light. I dont want a blue colour but a tinge of it. So now are those bulbs available in more than 100/90 rating? I want to the brightest ratingI can go for. At the sametime,I dont want to burn anything.

When I buy the bulbs, should I buy a relay and stuff? Or the bulbs are just a plug and play?

Am very confused, I want to end up having a much brighter white light with blue tinge instead of the regular stock yellow. Guide me guys, am going shopping tom for the bulbs. I dont want to end up blabbering **** and getting duped.

Note from mod: Do not type in all bold, it makes reading difficult

Last edited by tsk1979 : 13th June 2008 at 15:40.
Old 13th June 2008, 14:09   #1795
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
I have a question. I want to get neon lights fitted on our car. But I am just scared. As it is a big investment (dad still has to agree. I want to have full research before going to him), I was wondering how they would look on a stock Fiesta and whether they are suited to indian conditions. I mean would they break? What are the chances of anything going wrong? I was looking at the Gold series from Streetglow.
Old 13th June 2008, 15:36   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Regarding the headlight bulbs, am thinking if it is ok to take white bulbs with the rating 100/90??? Am not going to talk about brands like philips/osram/bosch etc as beggers cant be choosers now. Am scared if the high rating will burn my reflector. Mine is the old 2001 model zen. So can I go for 100/90 rating? Another thing, what is the pin/socket for the bulb? I mean, are the bulbs universal or differ with cars?

Query 2, am planning to buy strobes too, to use it for dipper mostly. So which would be the points to be kept in mind when shopping for it?

just did a quick research on this in this thread, and now I endup in more confusion. Am a total novice at this. Does the bulb include both high andlow beam or they are two different bulbs?

I want a cool bluish tinged white light. I dont want a blue colour but a tinge of it. So now are those bulbs available in more than 100/90 rating? I want to the brightest ratingI can go for. At the sametime,I dont want to burn anything.

When I buy the bulbs, should I buy a relay and stuff? Or the bulbs are just a plug and play?

Am very confused, I want to end up having a much brighter white light with blue tinge instead of the regular stock yellow. Guide me guys, am going shopping tom for the bulbs. I dont want to end up blabbering **** and getting duped.
Hey furioussphinx,
First, would appreciate it if you didn't type in bold unless you want to highlight some specific point.
Now for you queries,
- If you go for 100/90 rating, you will have to get a relay kit to account for the higher wattage. I am not sure about the Zen in particular, but these bulbs work fine with most cars without affecting the reflectors. Some Zen owners can chip in here...
- The wiring kit I got had a holder with it, which can withstand the extra heat generated by the bulbs. You can get ceramic holders if your kit doesn't contain holders.
- Pin/socket - the Zen most probably uses H4 halogens (Zen owners?), and these have the same kind of socket, regardless of the car.
- High beam & low beam are in one bulb - 100/90 means 100W high beam, 90W low beam
- No idea about strobes, but pretty sure you cannot use it as a "dipper"
- White/blue tinge bulbs are available. This thread lists many of them - example: Blue Vision, Diamond Vision etc. Most of these are regular 60/55 bulbs though, in a different colour, so you should keep an eye open for that.
- Some have used 130/100 bulbs - these are probably the brightest you can fit, but they might be overkill.
- This, and some other threads mention prices, so you can use them as a reference when you go shopping.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you get.

Last edited by razor4077 : 13th June 2008 at 15:38.
Old 14th June 2008, 23:51   #1797
BHPian

I recently went for the Narva 100/90 with Roots relay. When I flip the high beam to signal opposite vehicle, the light stays on. Showed it to the Maruti dealer, he said that the relay is the problem and nothing wrong with the switch. I have to go to the shop where I bought for a replacement. I thought ROOTS relay was good and insisted him to put that. Actually he gave the imported kit and I asked him to change the relay to ROOTS, that caused me the problem.
Old 16th June 2008, 15:00   #1798

burnt OHC headlights issue , and HID suitability ...

Hello guys, i have an OHC 1.3 exi (Type 1), i had bought it used and its headlights came with bullet like holes @ the focus of the beam.

I replaced the headlights, (the plastic) with new ones, they lasted for around 6-8 months and even these are melting around the focus are of the headlight, and developing into bullet holes, (( size of a 50 paise coin hole )) on the headlight.

I have checked the bulbs, and they are 130/100. I guess the high beams the culprit @ 130W and am thoroughly dissatisfied with the low beam, so was planning to install HIDs.

Anyone here installed HIDs on the OHC type 1?? and could someone please guide me as to the wattage of the HID and its effect on the headlights.

I have installed a 55W HID on my karizma, its an H4 bulb with high and low beams and 6000K, illuminations just great, and as of now i havent had any reflector getting burnt issues, but i havent used it to a great extent @ night. So will have to see how it performs @ longer night rides.

@ my OHC : i want to make sure that the plastic in the headlight doesnt burn away even more after putting the HIDs compared the the previous halogen bulbs, would appreciate any pointers in this regard.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th June 2008 at 15:27. Reason: dot dot dot, phew thats hard work!
Old 16th June 2008, 19:27   #1799
Senior - BHPian

HID light for Fabia

Hi, need urgent help for fabia with projector headlamp (elegance model). Would like to fit and hid Kit to the fabia.
I am looking at the 6000k light.

1. I wanted to know if its advisable to fit it to both low and high beam. Also, Is it safe to put it on to the fog lamp?
2. Is it worth going for the Philips hid for the low beam compared to the other makes?
3. I came across with the hid kits on ebay.in It says its bosch but doesn't seem to printed on it. Is it safe to buy them from the ebay?
4. Whats the life of these kit ? does it require a change in the future?

Your inputs will be highly helpful.

Thanks.
Old 16th June 2008, 22:44   #1800
BHPian

Making Getz Crdi highway ready

Hi Guys,

So need to upgrade headamps and install foglamps in a getz crdi.

1. Will 130/100 rally bulbs function fine? Worried about headlights assembly damage
2. Am fed up with searching for genuine bulbs. Is it OK to order from ebay?
3. Is there different relays for 100/90 and 130/100.
4. Wanted to install fog lamps. Should I do it from Hyundai or outside?
5. What Fog lamps to use to make it functionally valuable i.e. light the area infront of road covering decent width
6. Are Halonix better than rally

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks