Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 19:27   #2926
BHPian

Hi,

I got the bosh 90/100 bulbs to replace philips premium 90/100 bulbs from stanes motors, trivandrum. The bulbs were RS: 160/pair. I was using the philips and now bosch without any modification to my stock wiring (just swapped the bulbs). Need to check the difference and will post the details. I think for fiesta also we can just swap the bulbs upto 90/100.
Old 31st May 2009, 14:48   #2927
BHPian

I had upgraded my headlamps from stock to 100/140 about a yr ago. Few months back, high beam failed. The problem was some loose wires somewhere. The mechanic at that time adviced against 140W lamps and suggested going for 90/100Philips lamps. Even I was not very comfortable with the idea of 140W lamps so changed them to 90/100W.

Now last week again high beam failed. Again some lose connection! This time the mechanic(a different one this time) said that the fuse which is installed is of very high capacity(30A). He said replace it with 15A one.

Now I am not sure what rating should I go for?

I know Volt * Amp = Watt.
Initially max watt required was 100+140 (when using dipper both low and high beams are on)
Hence A = 240/12 = 20A.
Now
A = (90+100)/12 = 15.8A

As per this calculation, 15A fuse will blow off the moment I use the dipper+low beam.

What rating fuse should I use?(say 18A or 20A)
Is my arithmetic above correct?

Regards,
Old 31st May 2009, 23:23   #2928
BHPian

Hi folks

Can anyone of you help me in upgrading the headlamp lights of my Indica Vista? Have any of you done it?

The H1 is to be 100 w and H7 80w. Today, the technician tried with a PMP wiring harness, but the ceramic holder wouldn't match. Also there was no suitable connector to match the car's wiring. Any idea where I can get these?

Also please inform me if the Philips Rally H1 & H7 bulbs are good.
Old 4th June 2009, 00:29   #2929
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj1237 View Post
hi..can a hid kit(fog lamps and head lamps) from a civic be fitted on an accent? if so are there any alterations that need to be done?
If its swapping the HID bulbs it might be possible if they are of same type. Illumination will depend on the match of the bulb with the reflectors of Accent once the swap is done.
Old 4th June 2009, 00:45   #2930
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If its swapping the HID bulbs it might be possible if they are of same type. Illumination will depend on the match of the bulb with the reflectors of Accent once the swap is done.
I think he will need a complete HID kit including relays, reflector and all. Its not a straight fit. And that may also mean alterations not only in terms of electricals but also the headlight cavity etc.
Old 4th June 2009, 01:11   #2931
Team-BHP Support

Yup i guess first thing is to figure out if accent has the same type of bulbs aka holder type H"x", so that one can even think about a swap in the first place. HID are designed for very different kind of reflectors and or projector set ups unlike normal halogens
Old 4th June 2009, 15:19   #2932
BHPian

Foglamp upgrade for Safari

Is there any foglamp upgrade for Tata Safari? I think it is a H3 type. The Philips distributer asked me to change it to 90/100. But I did not change it since increasing wattage without using relays may damage the wiring.

I recently upgraded the headlamps to Philips Extreem Power 60/55. It costed me Rs. 800/- at A.K.Traders in bangalore. I feel the light is slightly whiter than the stock ones (which is good). Also the throw is good for high beam. I am unable to compare it with the stock ones because I never used high beam of stock ones in dark roads (outside the city). But on Extreem Vision I went on a long drive. I observed lot of oncoming vehicles were requesting me to dip the light by doing it themselves..... so I think it should be brighter than the OE ones. Also on the package it said 80% more. Dont know whether it is really true.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:10   #2933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hi..can a hid kit(fog lamps and head lamps) from a civic be fitted on an accent? if so are there any alterations that need to be done?
HID? Doesn't the civic come with halogens?

Quote:
Yup i guess first thing is to figure out if accent has the same type of bulbs aka holder type H"x", so that one can even think about a swap in the first place. HID are designed for very different kind of reflectors and or projector set ups unlike normal halogens
Accents have H4's. (But if we are talking about just replacing bulbs, then that isnt really HID is it?)

cya
R
Old 4th June 2009, 17:39   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Is there any foglamp upgrade for Tata Safari? I think it is a H3 type. The Philips distributer asked me to change it to 90/100. But I did not change it since increasing wattage without using relays may damage the wiring.

I saw H3 3000K HID at Evo/Satya few months back. Yellow light, suitable for fogs. Ask him if he still have them in stock, if you are interested to go with HID instead of high wattage halogen in stock fogs.
Not only electrical wiring but also heat produced will be an issue to go with high wattage halogens in stock fog lamp assembly.
Old 4th June 2009, 19:08   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
@ Jaggu no one really cares what kind of reflectors are in the car all they do is install the whole HID kit along with ballast,harness and bulb and bingo you got instant Bling,also heard from a forum member that HIDs are useless in the rain.
@ anuj1237 no it's not possible to do the install as the Accent has H4 with twin point bulbs where as the Civic has separate dim and bright bulbs viz H1 and H7.
Old 4th June 2009, 19:31   #2936
BHPian

HIDs on fog lamps

Hi

Anyone who has done the same as I am interested in doing. I am planning to put HIDs in the fog lamps of my Accent. If anyone has done the same, please suggest which HIDs to be used?

Thanks!
Old 4th June 2009, 20:30   #2937
BHPian

Get a pair of H3 HIDs for the foglamps , easily available everywhere.
Old 4th June 2009, 21:34   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post

I recently upgraded the headlamps to Philips Extreem Power 60/55. It costed me Rs. 800/- at A.K.Traders in bangalore. I feel the light is slightly whiter than the stock ones (which is good). Also the throw is good for high beam. I am unable to compare it with the stock ones because I never used high beam of stock ones in dark roads (outside the city). But on Extreem Vision I went on a long drive. I observed lot of oncoming vehicles were requesting me to dip the light by doing it themselves..... so I think it should be brighter than the OE ones. Also on the package it said 80% more. Dont know whether it is really true.
I feel you paid too much for your upgrade, I just upgraded my head lamps on my Safari to Phillips Rallye 130/100 with a Hella relay done at an accessory shop in Panaji the lamps were Rs 200 each and the relay was Rs 650 these are MRP prices with no discount including fitting though, which was done proffesionaly and the original wires remain in tact, so warranty problems. The result is excellent, anyone driving towards me with their brights on now dips as soon as i retaliate The only concern is the heat generated when on high beam. Another Goa member has also done the same upgrade on his Zen! Heat build up is an obvious concern with such high power, if you drive with your brights on for long periods i feel that most headlight units will burn to one degree or another, but with the low beem giving such fantastic view of the road you don't really need your brights on too often.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:03   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
I feel you paid too much for your upgrade, I just upgraded my head lamps on my Safari to Phillips Rallye 130/100 with a Hella relay done at an accessory shop in Panaji the lamps were Rs 200 each and the relay was Rs 650 these are MRP prices with no discount including fitting though, which was done proffesionaly and the original wires remain in tact, so warranty problems. The result is excellent, anyone driving towards me with their brights on now dips as soon as i retaliate The only concern is the heat generated when on high beam. Another Goa member has also done the same upgrade on his Zen! Heat build up is an obvious concern with such high power, if you drive with your brights on for long periods i feel that most headlight units will burn to one degree or another, but with the low beem giving such fantastic view of the road you don't really need your brights on too often.
I second that Stefan, I too have 130/100 on my Swift, I am driving on low beams most of the time. Hey if you could PM me the place from where you picked the Hella relays, I was unable to source them.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:56   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
I feel you paid too much for your upgrade, I just upgraded my head lamps on my Safari to Phillips Rallye 130/100 with a Hella relay done at an accessory shop ....
Well I considered both options. Philips extreem vision Vs wattage upgrade has been discussed many times on this forum. In a wattage upgrade, since you upgrade existing relays the warranty will be void on head lamp electricals and the clustor. This was confirmed by the TASS. He even told that they dont recommend upgrading to Extreem Vision becuase due to the excess heat produced, the headlamp clustor may become black. If it happens then warranty will be void on the clustor. But I took the chance and upgraded just the bulb.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th June 2009 at 20:49. Reason: Quote fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks