Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 21:27   #5116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I have not been following this thread. What is a good replacement option for my Jazz headlights? Want to stick to OE rating, no mods for now.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:08   #5117
BHPian

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me what lights are best to drive in the rains?

The HLs is my M800 are upgraded to Philips Rally 100W, but they are not good during rains.

I'm considering fixing aux. lamps in my car. Should I opt for driving lamps or fog lamps?

I have in mind Hella Comet 450 driving lamps. Will this serve the purpose? Also, is it possible to upgrade the 55W H3 bulbs to 100W?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:28   #5118
BHPian

Came across this site , it is an singapore based co. recently started ops in india , they seems to have quite a few options for DRL and LED lighting and other auto accs. think could be useful for those looking for DRL's.

SINGTECH- Two Way Alarm, Quality Car Alarm, Car Alarm Supplier, Car Alarm installation, Best Car Alarm, Car Security System, India & SINGTECH- Car Alarm Singapore |Security System | Fuel Saving System | Park Assist System | Lighting System | Central Locking System | Electrical System | Other Accessories .
Old 8th June 2011, 09:36   #5119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I have not been following this thread. What is a good replacement option for my Jazz headlights? Want to stick to OE rating, no mods for now.
You can stick with the OE wattage of 55w. Check out Philips/Osram for a wide variety of models. There will only be a slight improvement in visibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me what lights are best to drive in the rains?

The HLs is my M800 are upgraded to Philips Rally 100W, but they are not good during rains.

I'm considering fixing aux. lamps in my car. Should I opt for driving lamps or fog lamps?

I have in mind Hella Comet 450 driving lamps. Will this serve the purpose? Also, is it possible to upgrade the 55W H3 bulbs to 100W?

Thanks,
Jose.
Jose, the best bet would be Aux lamps. You could try yellowish bulbs to increase visibility. For the HL's, I dont think there are proper bulbs to see during rains.There's a limit to these HL's. Although my HID's perform well according to my expectations, it's hard to see during heavy rains.

Fogs will give only a short spread. Even if you upgrade to higher rated bulbs, it will only increase the brightness but the visibility remains almost the same since the reflectors of these fogs are not designed for long range.

It is possible to upgrade to 100w but it's better to consult with the experts in aux lamps. I think Sajan would be the best person to guide you on this.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:51   #5120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Jose, the best bet would be Aux lamps. You could try yellowish bulbs to increase visibility.
Naveen, any particular brand/product/bulb which gives yellowish light?

Quote:
Fogs will give only a short spread. Even if you upgrade to higher rated bulbs, it will only increase the brightness but the visibility remains almost the same since the reflectors of these fogs are not designed for long range.
I'm not looking for a long throw, I need to see the road ahead clearly, may be a max. for 60 meters ahead. I think fog lamps are designed for this purpose. But I'm not very sure. Please advice.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:57   #5121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Came across this site , it is an singapore based co. recently started ops in india , they seems to have quite a few options for DRL and LED lighting and other auto accs. think could be useful for those looking for DRL's.

SINGTECH- Two Way Alarm, Quality Car Alarm, Car Alarm Supplier, Car Alarm installation, Best Car Alarm, Car Security System, India & SINGTECH- Car Alarm Singapore |Security System | Fuel Saving System | Park Assist System | Lighting System | Central Locking System | Electrical System | Other Accessories .
except for one hack product which put me off a bit(the eco fuel saver thingummy ), the rest of the stuff looks good on the site, especially liked the DIY DRL kit.
Old 8th June 2011, 10:05   #5122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I'm not looking for a long throw, I need to see the road ahead clearly, may be a max. for 60 meters ahead. I think fog lamps are designed for this purpose. But I'm not very sure. Please advice.

Regards,
Jose.
You have Philips Xtreme power which is close to yellow. Try the color temp from 3000k-4000k. I have this brand called "Nokya" in many shops here in cochin.
HYPER YELLOW HEADLIGHT BULBS - STAGE 1

Dont think fog will give that much throw. More of wide spread than a straight throw.
Old 8th June 2011, 11:03   #5123
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Jose.
Hi Jose,

Hmmm.. havent decided yet? Any day I would say to go for Hella Comet series for distant visibility. Fogs wont serve more than 20 mts which is not adequate for driving especially on bad weather.

See the fog beam spread from Hella Micro De
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-micro-de-fog-lamp-beam-spread.jpg

Hella Comet 450
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h-comet-450-beam-spread.jpg

Hella Comet 550
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h-comet-550-beam-spread.jpg

Hella Comet 200
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h-comet-200-beam-spread.jpg

Hella Rallye 3003 Compact
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rallye-3003-compact-beam-spread.jpg

Hella Rallye 4000 Compact
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rallye-4000-compact-beam-spread.jpg

Hella FF50
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rallye-ff-50-beam-spreaq.jpg

Hella FF75
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rallye-ff-75-beam-spreaq.jpg

Hope this will give you more insights in choosing a good aux lamp.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 11:17   #5124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Hi Jose,

Hmmm.. havent decided yet?
Went twice to the accessory shop. But they were not willing to do fabrication for fixing the clamps . Finally another shop has agreed to do the job. Planning to get it done this weekend. I hope this time it gets done.
Quote:
Any day I would say to go for Hella Comet series for distant visibility. Fogs wont serve more than 20 mts which is not adequate for driving especially on bad weather.
Ain't only fog lamps required to drive through the rain?

Thanks Sajan for the help.

- Jose.
Old 8th June 2011, 14:23   #5125
BHPian

Quote:
Went twice to the accessory shop. But they were not willing to do fabrication for fixing the clamps . Finally another shop has agreed to do the job. Planning to get it done this weekend. I hope this time it gets done.
Ain't only fog lamps required to drive through the rain?

Thanks Sajan for the help.

- Jose.
Jose, if I were you, I would've opted any of the Comet series as it offers better distant visibility as well as the surroundings. Admitting that it cant be replaced as fogs but it can do wonders as its a all time performer. Considering the money you are going to shell out I want you to make sure that its worth for the money.

Take a beam spread comparo of Micro De as well as Comet 450, Both beam spreads are within10mts width and in fogs the visible range is less than 20mts whereas on C450 its more than 100mts. I guess this is more important in choosing an aux lamp unless there's extreme bad weather like thick fog or rain during most of the time.

As you have requested before, I couldn't find much information on Micro FF beam patterns like I've posted earlier.
Old 8th June 2011, 14:59   #5126
BHPian

I'm delaying only because shops are unwilling to fix the lamps.
Quote:
As you have requested before, I couldn't find much information on Micro FF beam patterns like I've posted earlier.
That's fine. I was considering this because it was 1K less than C450 and also it is smaller in size which means less air blockage to the radiator. Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 9th June 2011, 01:34   #5127
BHPian

Osram 100W90 + Rs 550/- Hella Aux Lamps (Upgrade to 100W Philips lamps) is the answer you are looking for.
Old 9th June 2011, 13:27   #5128
BHPian

Guys I am looking for a good lighting system for my Optra Magnum. About an year and half back I installed the Phillips 110/100 with new wiring and relay, however these bulbs never lasted beyond a month. and Many of them conked off on highway night driving when highbeam is used frequently. Then I also tried 90/100 but no luck. I must have changed at least 10+ pairs so far. Finally I am running on stock bulbs, but light is very poor. Now One of the mech is recommeding that I should Go with Phillips 110/100 again but should changes the complete wiring and relay.

I have been also considering HID / Projectors with HID. Please suggest. Also suggest a place in pune from where I can get it.
Old 9th June 2011, 13:33   #5129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Guys I am looking for a good lighting system for my Optra Magnum. About an year and half back I installed the Phillips 110/100 with new wiring and relay, however these bulbs never lasted beyond a month. and Many of them conked off on highway night driving when highbeam is used frequently. Then I also tried 90/100 but no luck. I must have changed at least 10+ pairs so far. Finally I am running on stock bulbs, but light is very poor. Now One of the mech is recommeding that I should Go with Phillips 110/100 again but should changes the complete wiring and relay.

I have been also considering HID / Projectors with HID. Please suggest. Also suggest a place in pune from where I can get it.
Since you are not satisfied with higher rated bulbs I would recommend you to try Aux lamps. Details can be seen in the previous page. Since projectors kits are not readily available for optra you would need a complete DIY for this. Also, there's been mixed reactions when it comes to after market projectors/HID's. Although I have good experience with aftermarket projectors, it's not the same for others. So I would suggest you to check out the aux lamps. These provide amazing visibility. Check Sajan's post for details.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 13:40   #5130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Since you are not satisfied with higher rated bulbs I would recommend you to try Aux lamps. Details can be seen in the previous page. Since projectors kits are not readily available for optra you would need a complete DIY for this. Also, there's been mixed reactions when it comes to after market projectors/HID's. Although I have good experience with aftermarket projectors, it's not the same for others. So I would suggest you to check out the aux lamps. These provide amazing visibility. Check Sajan's post for details.
Thanks Naveen, Can you please direct me to the exact post you are refering to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks