Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 08:56   #9601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I used these philips Crystalvision bulb in my Beat for 6 months, and they were the worst 6 months of night driving ever. Nothing much but a show, night travels were really stressful while using these bulbs. I wouldn't recommend these white light bulbs to anyone, unless it is 110W or HID. I wasted my 1000Rs, hope no one else does!
Sometime back, philips had mentioned in the description of Crystal vision and Bluevision - "Light to be seen"

That means these are lights which are to be used where outside lighting is good enough and the headlights are just visual indicators. The bulbs like Xtremevision and higher power bulbs were categorised as "Light to see"

Not sure if the description still exists, but when I was looking for an upgrade this made me choose the Rallys than any white light bulb. Hence, if you are looking for more light, then stay away from any of such tinted bulbs especially in the 60/55 range.
Old 8th February 2016, 10:10   #9602
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I have a basic question about the double barrel and Bi-Xenon headlights. In these, when the high beam is turned on, the low beams cannot be turned off.
Remember, the HID needs time to light up, and the phosphor to come up to fullr intensity. This is the reason why in twin HID systems the low beam is not turned off.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 21:49   #9603
BHPian

Hi All,

I drive a fiat punto emotion pack, I had already updated My headlamps to Philips Xtreme Vision for better Visibility. Very satisfied with the results.

The fog lamps in Punto does a decent job, but since my night drives are getting more frequent I would require some more light on the road.

I would like to know if I can go for another H4 bulbs for the Fog lamp, like an Xtreme vision or night breaker. I can't quite find what sort of bulbs are currently being used for a Fiat Punto 90hp 2013 model.
Old 11th February 2016, 07:01   #9604
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
I would like to know if I can go for another H4 bulbs for the Fog lamp, like an Xtreme vision or night breaker. I can't quite find what sort of bulbs are currently being used for a Fiat Punto 90hp 2013 model.
Do check the owners manual. It shall be mentioned in there surely. Mostly the bulb type would be H8 35W.

For an upgrade I'll suggest you to look at 55W bulbs.
Old 11th February 2016, 07:40   #9605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to know if I can go for another H4 bulbs for the Fog lamp, like an Xtreme vision or night breaker.
Fog lamps are meant for near range lighting, and are never H4. The way the fog lamps / housing is designed, you will not be able to even substitute the lamp for anything else.

H4 are dual beam, specifically meant for headlamps.

Like Anurag said, Check your owner's manual for what kind of bulb the fog lamps are. Try for a higher wattage bulb. However, The reflector dome is not designed for range. Hence upgrading the fog lamps will still not really help you.

For your night driving, your better bet will be aux lamps. While this will mean additional lamps, but atleast you will have better range and importantly, will have the stock set up intact for city use - and also doing duty at all times including highway runs.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th February 2016 at 20:29. Reason: Type corrected on request.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 07:43   #9606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Punto uses a H1 55W bulb in the fog lamp. Its not possible to fit in a H4 or similar bulbs in the fog lamp assembly.
Old 11th February 2016, 09:55   #9607
BHPian

Sunny bhai i have h27 in my hyundai i20 fog lamp. Can i inter change it with some other white bulb as i am not able to find white in h27
Old 11th February 2016, 14:43   #9608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Sunny bhai i have h27 in my hyundai i20 fog lamp. Can i inter change it with some other white bulb as i am not able to find white in h27
H27 looks to be limited to 27W. The one option seems to be :
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pair...e-3e45fabf2b51
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 16:11   #9609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
H27 looks to be limited to 27W. The one option seems to be :
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pair...e-3e45fabf2b51
I had ordered this set few months back but it went kaput. Btw i just read the story behind the word Condored.
Old 11th February 2016, 19:14   #9610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Do check the owners manual. It shall be mentioned in there surely. Mostly the bulb type would be H8 35W.

For an upgrade I'll suggest you to look at 55W bulbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Fog lamps are meant for near range lighting, and are never H4. The way the fog lamps / housing is designed, you will not be able to even substitute the lamp for anything else.

H4 are dual beam, specifically meant for headlamps.

Like Anurag said, Check your owner's manual for what kind of bulb the fog lamps are. Try for a higher wattage bulb. However, The reflector dome is not designed for range. Hence upgrading the fog lamps will still not really help you.

For your night driving, your better be will be aux lamps. While this will mean additional lamps, but atleast you will have better range and importantly, will have the stock set up intact for city use - and also doing duty at all times including highway runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Punto uses a H1 55W bulb in the fog lamp. Its not possible to fit in a H4 or similar bulbs in the fog lamp assembly.
Thanks Anurag,Condor and SunnyBoi.

I would start hunting for a spot beam Aux lamp, not touching the fog lamps.
Old 12th February 2016, 09:40   #9611
BHPian

Not sure how many on the forum are aware of it. Osram has a online tool as well as mobile app to find the bulbs used in cars, trucks and bikes.

Do check it out: http://am-application.osram.info/en

For Punto the fog lamp is H1 55W.

There is H1 HID also available from Osram, found this link epitstop.in: http://www.epitstop.in/Car-Lighting/...id-117918.html

While i was browsing for Fog lamps for my Punto Evo Active, i also came across these LED Fog Lamps recently launched by Osram on Amazon: http://www.amazon.in/Osram-LED-Fog-L...sram+Fog+lamps

unfortunately these fog lamps are not available in H1

Cheers
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 09:56   #9612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had ordered this set few months back but it went kaput. Btw i just read the story behind the word Condored.
Get a pair of H27/880/881 HID kit in 35W for fogs. I am using this setup in my i20 for the past 3 years and the results are fantastic. Works very well in the fog. Although scatter is there, its not as bad and bothering as putting HID in head lamps.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 10:32   #9613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Get a pair of H27/880/881 HID kit in 35W for fogs. I am using this setup in my i20 for the past 3 years and the results are fantastic. Works very well in the fog. Although scatter is there, its not as bad and bothering as putting HID in head lamps.
Thanks,can you tell me which brand are you using.
Old 12th February 2016, 10:35   #9614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am using some brandless chinese Kit.It is performing well . So i am not complaining . Ensure that you get one with AC ballasts and 4300K color temp
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 11:20   #9615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think this should help you for the HID kit on H27,

http://www.kmh.co.in/car-hid-kits.html
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks