Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2016, 12:11   #9556
BHPian

CIAZ: HID Xenon Upgrade in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post

On a side note, I also purchased a set of Philips LED driving headlights for my Yeti (HID's won't work on the car). Amazing stuff though not quite as powerful as a HID Xenon upgrade despite being twice the price!

Where did you get these philips LED driving headlights and how much did they cost you?
Also can you post a few pics of the same installed in your YETI?
Old 10th January 2016, 12:50   #9557
BHPian

Re: CIAZ: HID Xenon Upgrade in Mumbai

Will do so this week.

It's been very hard to find a relatively inexpensive solution for the Yeti as most aftermarket kits are incompatible and result in an error. Sadly, retrofitting the OEM Skoda HID kit is scary expensive. The philips LED kit is the only solution that works and has a 3 year official warranty. I'd say it gives about 1.5X improvement in performance over standard Halogen (vs. 2X for an HID) and is a pure white color (not blue like the 6200K rating would suggest).

Rishi is extremely knowledgable about this stuff and will guide you well.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 16:02   #9558
BANNED

Quote:
After researching for ages, I'm happy to report that my newest car, our Maruti Ciaz ZDI+ has received its first non-OEM upgrade. ...

The MRP is 9K but was able to get it for Rs 6K with a 1 year (If he doesn't honor the price, I'd reference TeamBHP). The guy is extremely knowledgable about L.E.D's and has parts imported from all over the place. (The bulb in the picture, an OSRAM, was important from Germany and costs Rs. 2000/- a set. Ouch!)

On a side note, I also purchased a set of Philips LED driving headlights for my Yeti (HID's won't work on the car). Amazing stuff though not quite as powerful as a HID Xenon upgrade despite being twice the price!
Two things - do not mix up driving lights with HID.

i will be loathe to put in HIDs without projectors.

I do not think the HID ballasts are AC, so best of luck. 90% of HID failures are due to ballasts. It is good you have opted for 4300K and not been tempted by 6000K or even 8000/10,000K.

At the end of the day sorry to disillusion you but I have a feeling you have H4 lights so there are a lot of options regarding HID.

You could have looked ito any of the two Lighting upgrade thread.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 16:22   #9559
BHPian

Screwdriva,

Firstly, congrats on your purchase. Hope this is reversible and does not void your warranty.
Secondly, I wanted to do this for my Honda city so this thread has come at the rights time. Pls post some before and after pics of the headlights in action, preferably In absolute darkness.
Old 10th January 2016, 18:33   #9560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Will do so this week.

It's been very hard to find a relatively inexpensive solution for the Yeti as most aftermarket kits are incompatible and result in an error. Sadly, retrofitting the OEM Skoda HID kit is scary expensive. The philips LED kit is the only solution that works and has a 3 year official warranty. I'd say it gives about 1.5X improvement in performance over standard Halogen (vs. 2X for an HID) and is a pure white color (not blue like the 6200K rating would suggest).

Rishi is extremely knowledgable about this stuff and will guide you well.
I'm using a Philips H4 HID kit on my Yeti. It did show up an error, but then I was advised by another Yeti owner here to buy a Error canceller kit from theretrofitsource.com (AVS tuning is their dealer in Mumbai), and it works. No more errors!
Old 10th January 2016, 19:15   #9561

Hello,
I need inputs for the headlights on my Laura
1. What are the options available to increase visibility without comprising on the way the light looks?
2. I am not the DIY kind and given the number of fire cases I rather leave it to an expert.

Look forward to options in chennai / Mumbai as those are the two cities the car will be in in January.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452433513.201973.jpg
Old 11th January 2016, 09:08   #9562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

i will be loathe to put in HIDs without projectors.
I've used HID's with and without projectors and have come away with the impression that they are an excellent upgrade regardless. Fortunately, the CIAZ has projector optics.

Quote:

At the end of the day sorry to disillusion you but I have a feeling you have H4 lights so there are a lot of options regarding HID.
Unlike other Maruti's, the CIAZ uses an H7 setup. With the Yeti, I had no option BUT Philips LED.
Old 11th January 2016, 09:10   #9563
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

@Pankaj2kapoor; I think I see one projector. Is it the High or Low beam? If low then I will suggest two options. Replace bulb by a Philips/Osram higher efficiency type. In Osram it will be Night Breaker Plus or Ultimate. Light does increase by about 20-30% with the NB+. I have them in my Brio. No mods required. This is valid for every type of lamp housing. The other option is go for an HID (this needs a projector). You can get 35W 4300K units. Will require fitting a ballast and change of bulb. Mkae sure you get a good bulb (say CN) and ballast (make sure it is a good AC type like Hyaluxtek).
Old 11th January 2016, 10:11   #9564
BHPian

Hi guys,

A query.

My friend got me the OEM Fluidic Verna projector headlights from Seoul. It is the original headlights procured from Hyundai Mobis.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452486692.702518.jpg
Excellent packaging.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452486726.935207.jpg
The OEM projector lights

Now the problem is when I try to fit it to my existing car which comes with the halogen headlamps (non projector type).

My car has a 8-pin (female) pig tail headlight harness.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452486774.175534.jpg

The projector headlights come with a 10-pin (male) pin out.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452486851.545764.jpg

I also have a wiring diagram which tells me how to wire the whole thing up. The problem is I don't know jack about wiring/electricals. Hyundai authorised service centre is not ready to splice wires.

The wiring diagram
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452486957.267273.jpg

The wiring as supplied in the packaging
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452487251.714825.jpg

Can anybody help me set it up??? Or any shop in Bengaluru that can do this??

Thanks,
Aniketh

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
Old 11th January 2016, 11:03   #9565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Hyundai authorised service centre is not ready to splice wires.
One suggestion: if you must splice, then splice it on the head-lamp side.

1. Get a couple of faulty /damaged headlamps from the body shop.
2. Get the connector from these (to match the supply side connector) (the round-ish type that is in your car).
3. Splice the wires on the new lamps to use the connectors that you have got from above steps.
Old 11th January 2016, 11:28   #9566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can anybody help me set it up??? Or any shop in Bengaluru that can do this??

Thanks,
Aniketh
Order two of these :

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-P...366483362.html

Once you get them, give me a heads up. I can help set it up for you
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 20:11   #9567
BHPian

Hi friends,

we are looking to fit HID lights with projector for ford fiesta [2014 model]. Any reliable place in Bangalore where this can be done.

Thanks,
Prakash
Old 11th January 2016, 21:09   #9568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
Hi friends,

we are looking to fit HID lights with projector for ford fiesta [2014 model]. Any reliable place in Bangalore where this can be done.

Thanks,
Prakash
Hi Prakash, you can try Lumen Systems. They do retrofits & are really good at it. You can check out their FB page.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to the company. Merely an admirer of their work & ethics!
polo_ankit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 13:46   #9569
BANNED

Quote:
Hi guys,

A query.

My friend got me the OEM Fluidic Verna projector headlights from Seoul. It is the original headlights procured from Hyundai Mobis.

The OEM projector lights

Now the problem is when I try to fit it to my existing car which comes with the halogen headlamps (non projector type).

My car has a 8-pin (female) pig tail headlight harness.

The projector headlights come with a 10-pin (male) pin out.

I also have a wiring diagram which tells me how to wire the whole thing up. The problem is I don't know jack about wiring/electricals. Hyundai authorised service centre is not ready to splice wires.

The wiring diagram

The wiring as supplied in the packaging

Can anybody help me set it up???
One issue, I am not sure whether you will run into problem with the RHD / LHD issue. Dipping in the wrong direction.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 14:45   #9570
BHPian

Quote:
One issue, I am not sure whether you will run into problem with the RHD / LHD issue. Dipping in the wrong direction.

Yes sir, I was aware of that. It's a RHD headlight assembly sir. Don't want to be annoying people on the road with the wrong beam pattern.

Wanted to upgrade to HID's and didn't want to do it without projectors. Don't want to blind people. (I have been blinded enough in the city and on the highways). Hence this project.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks