Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2015, 09:46   #8806
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Bought LED T10's off of ebay 2 months ago. They're both officially dead now. Stay clear of these unless a name brand starts selling them.
Old 23rd February 2015, 17:51   #8807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Is there a specific kind of wiring kit for a dual barrel headlight?
Or do we have to use two separate sets of the standard wiring kit for high and low beam?

Please do upload photos of installation.
Sorry don't have any pictures of the installation. I wasn't present when the job was done. The accessories shop used a dual h1,h7 wiring kit made by roots. The installer just replaced the original set of h1 connectors with h7 ones. This kit is made for the ford fiesta classic, which uses h1 and h7 bulbs compared to the dual h7 in the ciaz. Its relatively simple to install, plug and play , no interfering with original wires.
Old 27th February 2015, 02:59   #8808
BANNED

Any bulb that is recommended which would be a worthy replacement for Philips Xtreme Vision H4 (60 / 55W) for my Swift?

Searched most of the online websites as well shops but all seem to be out of stock on this bulb.

Very happy with the Philips. The right side one conked off today morning hence have put OEM bulb temporarily.

Please suggest!
Old 27th February 2015, 06:57   #8809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any bulb that is recommended which would be a worthy replacement for Philips Xtreme Vision H4 (60 / 55W) for my Swift?

Searched most of the online websites as well shops but all seem to be out of stock on this bulb.

Very happy with the Philips. The right side one conked off today morning hence have put OEM bulb temporarily.

Please suggest!
I had been using RING brand as given as alternative to XtremeVision. I am pretty happy with the light, compared to XtremeVisions, even Highway performance is very good.

Try if you can source the Ring brand somewhere in hyderabad, or ask any of your friends in bangalore (available at AK Traders, JC Road) to source it and ship it to you.
Old 27th February 2015, 08:45   #8810
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Please suggest!
Osram night breaker unlimited is supposed to be the best right now. Available online. Check Amazon.in
Old 27th February 2015, 12:21   #8811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Osram night breaker unlimited is supposed to be the best right now. Available online. Check Amazon.in
Going at 50% off at autotrends!

http://www.autotrends.in/osram-night...-55w-1set.html
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 12:36   #8812
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
More like a marketing ploy by the vendor. Not exactly a 50% discount.

I had got these bulbs at Rs. 1975 back in Feb. '14 (MRP in the import sticker read Rs. 4000).

If it really was a 50% discount as the vendor advertises, they should be going for less than Rs. 1000 a pair.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 14:59   #8813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
More like a marketing ploy by the vendor. Not exactly a 50% discount.

I had got these bulbs at Rs. 1975 back in Feb. '14 (MRP in the import sticker read Rs. 4000).

If it really was a 50% discount as the vendor advertises, they should be going for less than Rs. 1000 a pair.
Noted, but marketing ploy or not fact is that its easily 400/500 bucks cheaper than other sources. The non-JC road auto accessory shops are selling these to gullible buyers @ 4,000 bucks. Shipping was prompt too via FedEx in 1 1/2 days to BLR.
Old 28th February 2015, 09:06   #8814
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

After a little more thinking and discussion I have dropped the idea of buying Osram NB unlimited rather going for a upgrade. Paying around 2K for bulbs that do not much predictable life and slightly difficult on availability.

Headlamps: Philips Rally (100/90W)

Kit: 30A, ceramic holder, wiring, Relay etc etc.

I am searching for kits by Hella or Roots. Minda to is there in the list but I'm forty looking at Hella kit.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th February 2015 at 09:07.
Old 1st March 2015, 07:04   #8815
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this comparo between a few brands of aux lamps:

http://www.highperformancelighting.ca/LIGHTFORCEc.pdf
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 10:43   #8816
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Found this comparo between a few brands of aux lamps:

http://www.highperformancelighting.ca/LIGHTFORCEc.pdf
Nice article! Confirms my findings about the KC lights. Theyre more hype than performance. Although Apollo Pro wasn't tested i wouldn't expect it to be better than the Daylighter that was tested.
Old 1st March 2015, 11:17   #8817
Senior - BHPian

Had some feedback to share on the Philips Xtreme Vision 55W H7 bulbs. The OE bulbs were Osram with decent throw and spread. Based on the SA advice during service , they suggested Xtreme Vision as "better" bulbs.

Changed all 4 bulbs paying 2800 INR in total. All I can say is that these bulbs are just useless. I am changing back to my OE bulbs.

For all Ciaz Owners , please don't even try these bulbs. It's aware of 3 K INR and also can't cause some serious trouble when driving in the night.
Old 1st March 2015, 11:44   #8818
BHPian

Hows GE 80w heard good comments from my office colleagues in US. Tried Philips XV not much impressive.
Old 1st March 2015, 13:16   #8819
BHPian

Apart from yout choice of brand, the harder part of the story in India today is finding a vendor who sells genuine bulbs. You wont believe the proportion of spurious to genuine in the market. It's like 4 to 1! Spurious guys are very good at the packaging and stuff. So dont go by the box value. What you'll end up with is paying much more for a poorer performing bulb than your OE fitment. Also brand bashing results. The thumb rule to go by is that for better performance you have to pump up the bulb wattage at least one step, ie 100/90 for best resylts along with proper quality relay and wiring done properly. Also ceramic holders is a must for trouble free experience.
Old 1st March 2015, 15:16   #8820
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Had some feedback to share on the Philips Xtreme Vision 55W H7 bulbs. The OE bulbs were Osram with decent throw and spread. Based on the SA advice during service , they suggested Xtreme Vision as "better" bulbs.

Changed all 4 bulbs paying 2800 INR in total. All I can say is that these bulbs are just useless. I am changing back to my OE bulbs.
Thanks for the feedback.

I was actually happy changing from OEM (Osram Bilux) to Philips XV. What problem are you facing?

I am searching for these Philips XV but none have stocks so getting 100/90 Philips Rally with the kit on my Swift.

Most Viewed