Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 09:11   #7636
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Any place (say ebay.com / amazon) where I can get 3000K, H11, 55W HID bulbs. I want some spares, and my vendor seems to be in hibernation.
Old 4th October 2013, 09:44   #7637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Any place (say ebay.com / amazon) where I can get 3000K, H11, 55W HID bulbs. I want some spares, and my vendor seems to be in hibernation.

Check these out Professor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-HID-Ki...#ht_3095wt_808

http://www.ebay.com/itm/35W-55W-HID-...ht_5733wt_1045

Also search for the phrase "h11 55w 3000K bulbs" in ebay.com and you will get a whole lot of listings

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 4th October 2013 at 09:48.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 10:44   #7638
BANNED

Just went to the first one. Seems that eBay.com only works in the Auction mode!
Old 4th October 2013, 12:01   #7639
BHPian

Re: Installed Genome Bi-Xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
So I decided to go in for either a set of Aux lights or install Bi-Xenons. Found out that mounting of the Aux lights (Hella Rally 500FF) would be an extremly Juggaad affair as there were no proper fixing hard points in the front bumper area.

Dropped in to Genome to see their kits & spoke to the owner "JOY" (Joydeep) on the phone. I was impressed with the overall quality of the reflectors and the response I got from Joy.
We ruled out 2.5" model as that would be inadequate for my requirements. After opening one headlight we found that only one 3" lens model could fit properly and that too without a shroud. I was ok with that & we went ahead with the fitment. So total 2 projectors, 2 55W slim ballasts, wiring & 2 35W 4300K bulbs.
Hi Sridhar

Thanks for sharing this. I am in exact same situation as you were. Dropped the idea of fitting aux lamps.
Few questions:

1) Which make are ballasts and bulbs?
2) You mentioned about sizes in projectors. I agree sizes are for different headlamp assemblies, but does this impact the throw of light?
3) On their site, they have mentioned Genome gold, silver and basic series. Which one is yours and what's the difference?
Old 4th October 2013, 12:14   #7640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Hi Sridhar

Thanks for sharing this. I am in exact same situation as you were. Dropped the idea of fitting aux lamps.
Few questions:

2) You mentioned about sizes in projectors. I agree sizes are for different headlamp assemblies, but does this impact the throw of light?
3) On their site, they have mentioned Genome gold, silver and basic series. Which one is yours and what's the difference?
As far as I could make out the basic series is an imported projector with 2.5" lens. Joy had mentioned it to be adequate for city driving only. Silver & Gold series are developed benchmarked on Morimoto Mini D2S. The difference being Gold is a recent development & has a slightly larger reflector & also 55W ballasts.

My projectors were a variant with full front plastic cover. Not sure whether it was Silver Series.

Joy was quite emphatic that larger lens size improves throw. Also has a lot to do with reflector design. You can ask Joy directly. He takes a lot of effort to understand your requirements & budget & vehicle limitations.

Bulbs & ballast were generic China make. I am not too bothered as my projected night driving over the next 1 year will be 75 hrs max.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 14:30   #7641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Hi Sridhar

Few questions:

Got a clarification from Joy. See the image below:-
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-capture.png

First dealer who understands technical issues & gives a coherent & considered opinion!!
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 00:36   #7642
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a 2012 Figo TDCi. What is the best possible upgrade for the headlights without harming the reflectors. I don't mind installing a relay as long as the upgrade doesn't damage the Headlight Assembly. Please advise
Old 7th October 2013, 09:24   #7643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a 2012 Figo TDCi. What is the best possible upgrade for the headlights without harming the reflectors. I don't mind installing a relay as long as the upgrade doesn't damage the Headlight Assembly. Please advise
You have three options:

1) Same wattage but different brand (Philips) - Only a slight improvement in visibility
2) 90/100W with relay, ceramic holder and wiring - Expect around 40% more visibility
3) 100/130w with relay, ceramic holder and wiring - 60%+ more visibility

IMO, I would recommend option 2 as it offers good visibility and it's safe. Option 3 is risky as it generates a lot of heat and can eventually damage the reflectors.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 09:40   #7644
BANNED

@sagarpadaki; I used the first link to finally get 55W, 3000K, H11s @$15.50 for two. Paid $9.95 for UPS Express.

As for ballasts make sure they are AC and have properly anchored HV outlets. Another point is sealing. One very good Chinese brand is Hyalutek. Apparently, is is OE to many!
Old 7th October 2013, 15:55   #7645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@sagarpadaki; I used the first link to finally get 55W, 3000K, H11s @$15.50 for two. Paid $9.95 for UPS Express.

As for ballasts make sure they are AC and have properly anchored HV outlets. Another point is sealing. One very good Chinese brand is Hyalutek. Apparently, is is OE to many!
Are the connectors of these ballasts universal? I mean the bulbs can be purchased separately and can be plugged into any ballast?
Old 7th October 2013, 18:56   #7646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Are the connectors of these ballasts universal? I mean the bulbs can be purchased separately and can be plugged into any ballast?
Yes.
They're universal.
Old 8th October 2013, 00:20   #7647
BHPian

Got good quality ( 5 x Cree 1W LED ) DRLs from Karol bagh a couple of days back for about 900 bucks and planned to install the same by myself.

The DRLs came with a high quality harness and a mounting kit but without any controller and hence could be installed either by tapping the ACC or by tapping the headlight but i want to replicate the way DRLs are supposed to work ideally. Apart from the DRL connectors on the harness there was a white wire which turns the DRL off if it is connected to +12V.

I searched ebay and i came across chinese make DRL controllers which are available for sub 10 USD but ordered a good quality one which was about 21 USD. These controllers connect to the car battery and have relays which activate when the battery voltage is above 13.5-14V (when the alternation is working /engine on) and deactivate when the battery voltage is less than 12.5 volts (when engine is off).

The DRLs will be connected to the output of the controller and the white wire will be tapped to the fog lamp +ve using a 3M scotchlock self-stripping tap connector. I used the fog light +ve to turn the DRLs off as i wanted an option to keep the DRLs on if required at night. So the logic works like this : headlight on + fog light off = DRL on and headlight on + fog light on = DRL off.

I started the installation on a Sunday morning at about 10:00 am and finished at about 4:00 pm. Attaching some pictures of the DRLs, controller, DRL fitted below the Tucson fog lamp cover and install complete pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-kgrhqzogfhwgnmtrlbsffvjnrq60_12.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-t2ec16vse9swmzv57bsffu7tlg60_12.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0709.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0708.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0736.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0733.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0737.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0711_edit.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0739.jpg  

kamal.sn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 15:37   #7648
BHPian

I am planning to buy Hella 3003 from snapdeal, can someone suggest good installer in Hyderabad.
The local dealers don't have it in stock.

They have only 3000 or 4000 models which is too big for my duster.
Thanks.
Old 10th October 2013, 16:53   #7649
BHPian

Hi, I am using Philips Rally 100/90 bulbs with wiring kit, relay and ceramic holders on my 2013 WagonR. I am totally satisfied with the light. I had been using this same setup on my previous car (zen) and that is the reason I upgraded my new WagonR lights to the same specs.recently a friend told me that Philips Essential Vision 100/90 bulbs are really good, and they give bright white light. I would like to switch to those just for the coolness factor of white light. but before buying that I would like to know which one gives overall better illumination - Rally 100/90 or Essential vision 100/90? Can someone please guide me.
Old 10th October 2013, 18:16   #7650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Hi, I am using Philips Rally 100/90 bulbs with wiring kit, relay and ceramic holders on my 2013 WagonR. I am totally satisfied with the light. I had been using this same setup on my previous car (zen) and that is the reason I upgraded my new WagonR lights to the same specs.recently a friend told me that Philips Essential Vision 100/90 bulbs are really good, and they give bright white light. I would like to switch to those just for the coolness factor of white light. but before buying that I would like to know which one gives overall better illumination - Rally 100/90 or Essential vision 100/90? Can someone please guide me.
Rally though it may lack the coolness factor but gives better illumination than essential vision in rain fog and outside city conditions. Lower the K better illumination.
Ushuaia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks