Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 11:47   #7726
Senior - BHPian

Re: Santro Xing Fog Lamp going Kaput

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Are the fog lights and headlight wired together? If not headlight wiring/relay will not affect. I think you need to check fog light bulbs first, some of these aftermarket ones burn off fast and there are lot of original fakes around. Second would be to check the voltage of the circuit, if its high you would need to check the alternator charging/regulator.
.No the fog lights and headlight are not wired together, it has a separate wiring altogether with a separate switch. And ya this was a aftermarket bulb which was installed, but I do not think it will burn off in 2-3 days. Ya I might have to check the voltage of the circuit once.

Also I was planning to install a HID on to that Fog lamp. What would be your recommendation on this??
Old 6th November 2013, 12:15   #7727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
.No the fog lights and headlight are not wired together, it has a separate wiring altogether with a separate switch. And ya this was a aftermarket bulb which was installed, but I do not think it will burn off in 2-3 days. Ya I might have to check the voltage of the circuit once.

Also I was planning to install a HID on to that Fog lamp. What would be your recommendation on this??
It could be the fog lamp wiring. The headlight relay wont be the problem IMO. As for the HID's in fogs, it's not recommended. HID's wont perform well in reflector setup. If it's looks that you are after then go ahead but for visibility factor, this is not recommended.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 12:22   #7728
BHPian

Installed 90/100 with relay. Total cost 1700, both bulb and relay are from Philips. Good throughput so far.
Old 6th November 2013, 12:30   #7729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It could be the fog lamp wiring. The headlight relay wont be the problem IMO. As for the HID's in fogs, it's not recommended. HID's wont perform well in reflector setup. If it's looks that you are after then go ahead but for visibility factor, this is not recommended.
Thanks Naveen!! Will get the wiring checked once from the same guy who installed this setup. Also can the showroom guys get this wiring in place for my car, because AFAIK they will not entertain aftermarket accessories.

Any showroom in Bangalore, who can help me fix this issue permanently??
Old 6th November 2013, 12:49   #7730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And ya this was a aftermarket bulb which was installed, but I do not think it will burn off in 2-3 days. Ya I might have to check the voltage of the circuit once.

Aftermarket bulbs can blow off in minutes, forget 2-3 days. Buy genuine reliable brand bulbs, it will really give better life.

HID for fogs are an absolute NO if you care about road safety and have concern for fellow road users
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 12:50   #7731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naveen!! Will get the wiring checked once from the same guy who installed this setup. Also can the showroom guys get this wiring in place for my car, because AFAIK they will not entertain aftermarket accessories.

Any showroom in Bangalore, who can help me fix this issue permanently??
Dont think showroom guys will help you out. They may in fact try and put the blame on you for fitting aftermarket products and they might use this to their advantage when you take it for service and to rectify some complaints related to this. Get it checked at the shop you installed it from. It will the faulty aftermarket wires and the stock wires should work fine. Am not sure on the shops in Blore. If Evo(ulsoor) does aftermarket lights, it's better to take it there.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 10:01   #7732
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I am seeing a lot of people having poor lighting issues & an understandable reluctance to go the HID projectors way.

Found this one product that gives more flexibility in using AUX. Lights as it has both high & low beam capabilities:-
http://www.4x4offroad.in/lights7a.htm

Will be checking with them re pricing & fitment services.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 13:44   #7733
Senior - BHPian

Need advice on replacing my Jazz headlights. I have used the 100/90 route on my Alto and zen, but prefer the stand spec on the Jazz. I need the brightest option possible. See a lot of products on the Philips site. Which is the most advisable option? I have lots of highway driving coming up shortly. Budget is not an issue.

I have used the Osram night breaker. Not much different from stock. But they blew quickly.
Old 17th November 2013, 17:08   #7734
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Need advice on replacing my Jazz headlights. I have used the 100/90 route on my Alto and zen, but prefer the stand spec on the Jazz. I need the brightest option possible.
I am using the Osram Night Breaker Plus (now Ultimate or something) in my Brio. The wattage is unchanged. Philips also have an equivalent. My Brio bukbs have been there for almost a year.
Old 18th November 2013, 15:28   #7735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am using the Osram Night Breaker Plus (now Ultimate or something) in my Brio. The wattage is unchanged. Philips also have an equivalent. My Brio bukbs have been there for almost a year.
Need advice on head lamp bulb update for Swift. I understand going for Philips Rally 100/90 W will spoil the plastic reflectors, hence I need to know how many months / years will the reflector survive before going dark?
How much does it cost to change to a pair of new reflectors? If the reflectors can last for couple of year and the cost of new reflectors is less than 2K INR isn't it wise to go for 100/90 W bulbs?
If the above option is not feasible what will be the best upgrade option in 55/60 W category, will that be Philips X-treme Vision or OSRAM Night Breaker Plus or is there any other better alternate you recommend.
Thank you in advance!
Old 18th November 2013, 18:15   #7736
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I need to know how many months / years will the reflector survive before going dark?
Your reflectors will gradually begin to lose their shine and not go dark all of a sudden. You can easily see the damage within 3 months tough.

Hence the advantage of the bulb itself begins to decrease pretty soon.
Quote:
How much does it cost to change to a pair of new reflectors?
Reflectors are not available as individual parts. The entire headlamp assembly needs to be replaced.

Quote:
If the above option is not feasible what will be the best upgrade option in 55/60 W category, will that be Philips X-treme Vision or OSRAM Night Breaker Plus or is there any other better alternate you recommend.
Thank you in advance!
I have been using OSRAM Night Breaker on Hariya (My Scorpio CRDe) for the past 3 years and am happy with their performance.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 21:33   #7737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need advice on head lamp bulb update for Swift. I understand going for Philips Rally 100/90 W will spoil the plastic reflectors, hence I need to know how many months / years will the reflector survive before going dark?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Your reflectors will gradually begin to lose their shine and not go dark all of a sudden. You can easily see the damage within 3 months tough.
Been using one on my swift for 3.5 years.No issues till date and no drop in performance (touchwood).I guess it depends for how long you use it.I normally switch OFF the lights while standing for the red light/when moving in slow traffic(fogs and park light remains ON).Been doing lot of night drives too(couple of mumbai-Kerala,Mumbai-Goa trips).

Last edited by rakesh_r : 18th November 2013 at 21:36.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 21:43   #7738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I have been using OSRAM Night Breaker on Hariya (My Scorpio CRDe) for the past 3 years and am happy with their performance.
If we go for Night Breaker or Extreme Vision it is easy to change the bulb our-self isn't it? In that case can we swap the bulb with ignition key OFF or is there any pre requisites like removing the fuse, removing any terminal lead from battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Been using one on my swift for 3.5 years.No issues till date and no drop in performance (touchwood).I guess it depends for how long you use it.I normally switch OFF the lights while standing for the red light/when moving in traffic jams(fogs and park light remains ON)
That is a good thing to hear since no 55/66 W bulb would even come even close to 90/100 W bulbs. So which is the model/make of bulb, hope you should be using a relay (which manufacturer), improved wiring harness and ceramic holder. Is there any thing else that need to be added in the list?
Old 18th November 2013, 22:01   #7739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If we go for Night Breaker or Extreme Vision it is easy to change the bulb our-self isn't it? In that case can we swap the bulb with ignition key OFF or is there any pre requisites like removing the fuse, removing any terminal lead from battery?

That is a good thing to hear since no 55/66 W bulb would even come even close to 90/100 W bulbs. So which is the model/make of bulb, hope you should be using a relay (which manufacturer), improved wiring harness and ceramic holder. Is there any thing else that need to be added in the list?
Bulb make phillips rallye 100/90
Relay model-Roots dual headlamp relay with ceramic holders.
Nothing else required.I had got the above mentioned installed the day i took delivery of the car.
In addition am also using Hella comet 500 aux lamps for highway driving(using with Bosch dual headlamp relay with wiring kit)
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 14:37   #7740
BANNED

Quote:
If we go for Night Breaker or Extreme Vision it is easy to change the bulb our-self isn't it?
Yes, you are right. In fact, in most cases, the shopkeeper where you buy the bulb from, will tell his "chotu" to install it free of cost.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks