Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2014, 12:56   #7876
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
what do you mean by imported bulb?Can you clarify? I picked up mine locally but made sure that it was an unopened original philips bulb.

NooB question. How do you check this?
1. Phillips has made in germany as well as other origin bulbs. I have the made in germany bulbs. They claim to have a UV block glass which will protect the lens. Guess thats working for me.

2. If you can see the bulbs directly, the reflector has no shield. In some cars, there is a metal shield which will absorb majority of the heat. It is situated just in front of the bulb. In fact the lens of the lamp gets warm but not hot. In my wagonr, there is no shield and the bulb can be seen directly.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 14:00   #7877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi All, I have an igen i20 sportz model. I am planning to upgrade the stock headlights to 100/90w as I am not satisfied with it's performance on the highways since I do lots of highway driving. I checked with local accessories shop but all of them told that they do not have high power available for igen i20. I do not want to buy Osram night vision or Philips xtreme vision. How could I upgrade headlights for latest i20? Please help me on this.
Hi Guys, Please let me know what should I do? I have to get this done quickly since I am heading out for a long drive.
Old 5th January 2014, 14:11   #7878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
1. Phillips has made in germany as well as other origin bulbs. I have the made in germany bulbs. They claim to have a UV block glass which will protect the lens. Guess thats working for me.
Here is what I found on the box. Guess this is what you are talking about
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p1.jpg

Quote:
2. If you can see the bulbs directly, the reflector has no shield
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p2.jpg
Old 5th January 2014, 14:16   #7879
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Guys, Please let me know what should I do? I have to get this done quickly since I am heading out for a long drive.
Hi. Go for Philips Rally 130/100 with a Philips relay which comes with ceramic holders so that the heat does not melt the stock holders. Works well and should suit your purpose.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 14:19   #7880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Here is what I found on the box. Guess this is what you are talking about
Attachment 1187070

Attachment 1187071
Yes thats the shield. Regarding the bulb I dont remember but the ones I installed had a clearly marked 'Made in germany' imprint on the bulb whereas the shopkeeper showed a cheaper variant which had the same imprint but the text was very blurred and the bulb itself looked bad.

@sabsubs, since the i20 has separate bulbs for high and low beam, small shops wont have these kinds of bulbs other than the common h4. Hence try contacting bigger accessory stores for the bulbs you require. You dont get 100/90 but Afaik the bulbs are available in ratings of 80w and 100w. Moreover, installing a wiring harness will not be easy since the headlamp has a plastic dust cap which needs to be cut or totally removed. Hence I suggest sticking to Xtremepower or Nightbreaker.

Last edited by audioholic : 5th January 2014 at 14:22.
Old 5th January 2014, 15:21   #7881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Here you go

This was how these lights looked at installation
Sorry for the late reply. The hole is not too big. You can get after market fog lamps fit. Only if the holder at the back of the bumper is broken you can't fix the fog lamps.

I suggest you try a different accessory shop. A fellow i20 owner guyfrmblr got aftermarket fogs fitted on his sportz model without any problem. You can check his ownership thread or contact him for more details
Old 5th January 2014, 15:56   #7882
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, I have an igen i20 sportz model. I am planning to upgrade the stock headlights to 100/90w as I am not satisfied with it's performance on the highways since I do lots of highway driving. I checked with local accessories shop but all of them told that they do not have high power available for igen i20. I do not want to buy Osram night vision or Philips xtreme vision. How could I upgrade headlights for latest i20? Please help me on this.
The best option you would have is Philips Xtreme Vision. I am using the same in my igen i20 for the hi beams and they are quite good in fact. Much better than stock if properly aimed. I believe philips has a 80w h7 bulb too but do not know how the stock wiring would stand up to it. You could use 80w for the hi beams while retaining stock bulbs for the low beams. But it may not be advisable to use 80w bulbs continuously for over15mins due to heat concerns. The igen has a small headlight housing and the bulb is located very close to lens. This could turn out to be a disaster with hi power bulbs.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 19:27   #7883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post

The best option you would have is Philips Xtreme Vision. I am using the same in my igen i20 for the hi beams and they are quite good in fact. Much better than stock if properly aimed. I believe philips has a 80w h7 bulb too but do not know how the stock wiring would stand up to it. You could use 80w for the hi beams while retaining stock bulbs for the low beams. But it may not be advisable to use 80w bulbs continuously for over15mins due to heat concerns. The igen has a small headlight housing and the bulb is located very close to lens. This could turn out to be a disaster with hi power bulbs.
The new i20 uses h7 for high beam and h1 for low beam is it ?
Old 5th January 2014, 20:06   #7884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

The new i20 uses h7 for high beam and h1 for low beam is it ?
Both the hi and low beams are h7 55w. The disadvantage in this dual reflector setup for i20 is that the levelling device works only on the low beams. Hi beams are fixed and tend to point upwards when back is fully loaded. Also upgrade options are limited because it is difficult to install a relay kit in this setup.
Old 5th January 2014, 21:29   #7885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Both the hi and low beams are h7 55w. The disadvantage in this dual reflector setup for i20 is that the levelling device works only on the low beams. Hi beams are fixed and tend to point upwards when back is fully loaded. Also upgrade options are limited because it is difficult to install a relay kit in this setup.
Right. Upgrade options are very limited. Seems like there are no relay setups. I have have asked many road side accessories shop and no one has the relay kit available. So the only option here is to upgrade to Osram night breakers or Philips extreme vision. If anyone has upgraded to higher wattage bulbs using relays on new igen i20 then please let me know. I would like to do the same. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 7th January 2014, 12:32   #7886
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking to buy the Philips xtreme vision. Will these be better or worse for fog compared to the OE bulbs? I already have a pair of fog lamps.

Local accessory shops in my locality don't seem to have its stock. Found a pair on Snapdeal for 1300 a pair. http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...99992?pos=0;20
Old 7th January 2014, 16:14   #7887
BHPian

Hey Bhpians,

I am planning to install HID on my i20, Can someone please suggest the brand (if any) and the price of HID which is more reliable for my ride ?

Help is appreciated !
Old 7th January 2014, 22:14   #7888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Looking to buy the Philips xtreme vision. Will these be better or worse for fog compared to the OE bulbs? I already have a pair of fog lamps.

Local accessory shops in my locality don't seem to have its stock. Found a pair on Snapdeal for 1300 a pair. http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...99992?pos=0;20
I ordered a pair from snapdeal seller autokart and it was not shipped. The order was cancelled by them after two weeks of waiting. In the end decided to get it at near the mrp rate from a local philips reseller. The performance is good compared to stock because the beam seems slightly whiter than normal and also reaches farther when used in hi beam. But still nowhere as bright as higher wattage bulbs. Do not know how useful they may be in fog lamps or low beam because these light up the area directly in front of the car and reach is not a question here.
Old 13th January 2014, 03:26   #7889
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a decent place to get projector headlamps installed in my verna fluidic in delhi NCR ?

I ordered the morimoto mini d2s from US by a friend.
Old 13th January 2014, 12:48   #7890
BHPian

Recently I've got a pair of brand new Night Hawk HID Kit with ballast for a good price (6K). But the bulb type is H3 ( I guess it would fit only for fog lamps). Is it possible to fix in my Fiesta which is having H1 and H7 for high & low beams? Kindly advise. The guy who is offering me telling that we can fix it in any housing with some adjustments. Is it advisable? I'm really need to hear from you all. Please help me before making a blind decision :-)

The main reason for going a bulb upgrade is my Fiesta's right side low beam holder is gone kaput. I'm tired of searching the holder all around. Thought it costs only 50-60 rupees, FORD does not sell it alone. It sells along with entire headlamp assembly. Why should I go for a headlight assembly which may costs 3 to 4K for single bulb holder? This drives me crazy... So, I've no way to use high beam always..

Last edited by Jebs : 13th January 2014 at 12:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks