Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 21:46   #7996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Cannot extend my budget so much.
Just for my information can u let me know how much they cost?
Projectors or drl or both?
Old 12th March 2014, 11:05   #7997
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Does upgrading to Philips Extreme Vision or Osram NB give differing results depending on the headlamp reflector design of different vehicles ?

I recently upgraded my Polo's headlamps to Extreme Vision. Have been satisfied with the results. Peripheral vision and throw has noticeably improved. I don't however see major difference in well lit streets with good sodium vapour lamps.

Will have to see how it is during rains.
Old 12th March 2014, 11:34   #7998
BANNED

Two points. For hid's in headlamps projectors are highly desirable. The best reputedly are Morimoto. The website is www.avstuning.com and the owner is Vishal Agarwal.
Old 12th March 2014, 11:55   #7999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Two points. For hid's in headlamps projectors are highly desirable. The best reputedly are Morimoto. The website is www.avstuning.com and the owner is Vishal Agarwal.
Morimoto is reputed chinese brand avs tuning charges around 35k for vento and thatd for the starting range.

The projector setup in my car is of genome which is an indian company and it gives one year replacement warranty. Prices are 10 to 12000 less than morimoto
Old 12th March 2014, 12:38   #8000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Projector headlights plus 55w hid 5000k setup of my vento. I must say that this is the best thing that I have done to my car yet. It 100% improvement over the stock halogen plus reflector setup. Night driving is a breeze. No need to use the highbeam. A quick flash of high beam makes trucker dip their headlights.
The headlight level can be adjusted with the stock leveller switch. setup carries one year replacement warranty.
Would you mind sharing further details like cost, the product details and where you got this fitted etc. for the benefit of all members.

Any pictures taken during the time of installation and of the end product on the road would be most welcome.
Old 12th March 2014, 13:36   #8001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Would you mind sharing further details like cost, the product details and where you got this fitted etc. for the benefit of all members.

Any pictures taken during the time of installation and of the end product on the road would be most welcome.
The cost of

hid projector kit 23000
Blacked reflector and inserts 1000
All the above plus drl led with turn reflectors 30000

All the above costs include installation.

It carries one year replacement warranty.

For photos refer post no. 7989 or click http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3387286

Last edited by nawabnabeel : 12th March 2014 at 13:38.
Old 12th March 2014, 15:58   #8002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
The cost of

hid projector kit 23000
Blacked reflector and inserts 1000
All the above plus drl led with turn reflectors 30000

All the above costs include installation.

It carries one year replacement warranty.

For photos refer post no. 7989 or click http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3387286
Though you've not mentioned the details of the product but the price of 29K for Projector + DRL seems to be on the higher side. Anyway, since you're happy with the outcome the price does not matter anymore.

I've seen the pictures posted by you (infact your quote was from the same post), but I wanted to see pictures of how it illuminates the road ahead.

Last edited by Sommos : 12th March 2014 at 15:59.
Old 12th March 2014, 23:28   #8003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Rapid comes with H4 headlamp bulbs

With my research so far, I see Osram NB+ has issues with Fog/Rain (read on XBHP site). Correct me if I am wrong.

I will check with Philips Extreme Vision.

Now more confusion as to which one to go for!
Quote:
Let me confirm you that any bulb with a whiter colour will have problem in the rains, be it NB+ or the XV. If this is your criteria, then stick with the stock halogens. People use NB+ /XV because they find that it provides better throw and illumination than the stock halogens (don't really want a debate on the % improvement) under normal conditions and most importantly this does not void the warranty.

If you do not care about the warranty on your car or if your car is beyond the warranty period, then go for the 100/90 philips with seperate wiring kit and relay.

All said you've to decide your priority and take a decision.

I fully agree with Sommos. Both NB+ and XV are whiter than stock halogens, but in my experience XV is the less whiter of the two.So it feels like a better upgrade option and i have experienced XV to be better in the rains than NB+.

But none of these can match the spread & intensity of a 100/90 upgrade with proper relay & wiring kit. I have used Rally 100/90 and Essential Vision 100/90 with relay kits on multiple cars in our family.No issues at all. Infact, I installed 100/90 Rallys and relay kit on my wagonR within a week of purchase of the new car, last year. I Was so used to those bulbs on our old car, that I could not tolerate the OEM 60/55s even for a week.

But then it depends upon the person's priority. If your priority is warranty then limit yourselves to XV. But if your priority is illumination, I suggest you to switch to 100/90s. And believe me, with a good quality plug&play wiring+relay kit, nothing should go wrong with your electricals and ideally you would not have to claim anything under warranty.

Just make sure that there is no wire-cutting or splicing during installation so that everything is fully reversible back to stock condition within minutes, if needed at a later point of time. Also make sure that your kit has ceramic bulb holders to withstand the extra heat, and everything should be fine.
Old 13th March 2014, 00:13   #8004
BHPian

Quote:
Though you've not mentioned the details of the product but the price of 29K for Projector + DRL seems to be on the higher side. Anyway, since you're happy with the outcome the price does not matter anymore.

I've seen the pictures posted by you (infact your quote was from the same post), but I wanted to see pictures of how it illuminates the road ahead.
The setup which I have is just the projector plus hid. I dont have the led drl with turn indicators which looks like this.

The projector plus hid kit is of genome which is an indian company. The projector lens is 3inch dia gold series. Hid is 55watt 5000k.

Light output is amazing with absolutely no glare on the oncoming vehicles. Don't need to switch to high beam anymore. High beam is only used when the oncoming vehicles especially trucks and buses dont lower their headlams and turn off their auxiliary lights. It maked them do it.

Stock headlight leveller switch works with this projector.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1394649439096.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1394649479643.jpg  

nawabnabeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 08:09   #8005
BHPian

What are the good sites for buying H1/ H7 lamps?
Looking for Philips or Bosch. (Prefer yellow light to white).
Is there any option other than eBay?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by one-77 : 21st March 2014 at 08:10.
Old 21st March 2014, 11:29   #8006
Distinguished - BHPian

Need some technical advice here.
I am planning on making some custom bulbs. I have got the filaments, and want to know what wires I should use that can stand the amount of heat passed on by lit car bulbs.
Also, if someone can tell me, does m-seal conduct electricity?
Old 21st March 2014, 11:59   #8007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
What are the good sites for buying H1/ H7 lamps?
Looking for Philips or Bosch. (Prefer yellow light to white).
Is there any option other than eBay?

Thanks in advance
If you need plain Halogen bulbs I would prefer to have it from any local good auto shop instead of going online.

There are several other sites, kindly search the net.
Old 21st March 2014, 12:18   #8008
BHPian

Quote:

If you need plain Halogen bulbs I would prefer to have it from any local good auto shop instead of going online.

There are several other sites, kindly search the net.
Well I was l looking for bulbs in the range of Osram Silverstar. Philips Extreme Vision while good is too expensive methinks. Cheapest I could find was ~INR 2,250 for a set on 99rpm.com.
Old 21st March 2014, 15:57   #8009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I was l looking for bulbs in the range of Osram Silverstar. Philips Extreme Vision while good is too expensive methinks. Cheapest I could find was ~INR 2,250 for a set on 99rpm.com.
When you said you prefer yellow, I thought you're asking for halogens.
Philips XV will not be yellow but whitish and it was something around 1.1/1.2K sometime back. I think you may search for the local dealer from the Philips site and get a pair from there.
Old 21st March 2014, 17:10   #8010
BANNED

Quote:
Have a look at this link that is for Phillips Xtreme Vision H4 bulbs (A pair)

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Philips-Bulb-...f823056&_uhb=1

I am still in the thinking stage whether to buy this and try it on my Swift or stick to stock bulbs that are labelled as 'Osram' but feel weak in low beam a bit.

Anurag.

Most Viewed