Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2014, 17:00   #7981
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
First of all, which kind of headlamp bulb is used in Rapid? H1, H4 or H7? You can find details in manual.
Rapid comes with H4 headlamp bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
1. You can safely replace your stock bulbs with Osram NB+ or Philips Extreme Vision. Both are similar bulbs which one is better among them is subjective to each user. I am using Philips Extreme Vision for many night drives, I am mostly satisfied with it. Don't forget to level your headlamps post bulb change. This is most important step and most of us tend to ignore it.

2. These bulbs are available at many stores. You can try Reliance AutoZone if you are in Bangalore or visit AK Traders in JC Road. Address is given in this thread itself you have to search. There are couple of online stores as well like http://www.vicky.in/ http://www.epitstop.in/.

Mostly, you can change these bulbs yourself without any electrician. It is simple procedure. If you are not confident you can visit nearby auto electrician.
With my research so far, I see Osram NB+ has issues with Fog/Rain (read on XBHP site). Correct me if I am wrong.

I will check with Philips Extreme Vision.

People say Osram Silverstar is good but sourcing will be a problem. I could not find it anywhere other than Vicky.in.

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/osram-h...-silverstar-am

Vicky.in guys are not picking up call to confirm availability.

Update:
Called http://www.epitstop.in/ , they do not have Osram Night Breaker UNLIMITED H4 60/55W in stock. They are expecting in 3 weeks of time.

They have Osram Night Breaker Plus H4 60/55W in stock.

Now more confusion as to which one to go for!

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 6th March 2014 at 17:19.
Old 6th March 2014, 17:23   #7982
BHPian

If one looks carefully on the bulbs we can see H4 clearly mentioned on the rapid's headlamps.
Old 7th March 2014, 21:16   #7983
BANNED

I have been using NB+ in my Brio for over one year. No issues. As to moisture make sure the rubber rear caps are put on properly.
Old 8th March 2014, 01:10   #7984
BHPian

Looks like e-PitStop site (http://www.epitstop.in) is closed.

May be they forgot to pay the rent (renew subscription)
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-untitled.png  

Old 8th March 2014, 10:42   #7985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
With my research so far, I see Osram NB+ has issues with Fog/Rain (read on XBHP site). Correct me if I am wrong.

I will check with Philips Extreme Vision.

People say Osram Silverstar is good but sourcing will be a problem. I could not find it anywhere other than Vicky.in.

Now more confusion as to which one to go for!
Let me confirm you that any bulb with a whiter colour will have problem in the rains, be it NB+ or the XV. If this is your criteria, then stick with the stock halogens. People use NB+ /XV because they find that it provides better throw and illumination than the stock halogens (don't really want a debate on the % improvement) under normal conditions and most importantly this does not void the warranty.

If you do not care about the warranty on your car or if your car is beyond the warranty period, then go for the 100/90 philips with seperate wiring kit and relay.

All said you've to decide your priority and take a decision.

Last edited by Sommos : 8th March 2014 at 10:46.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 02:03   #7986
BHPian

Projector headlights plus 55w hid 5000k setup of my vento. I must say that this is the best thing that I have done to my car yet. It 100% improvement over the stock halogen plus reflector setup. Night driving is a breeze. No need to use the highbeam. A quick flash of high beam makes trucker dip their headlights. Got the reflectors blacked as it enhances the look. No need of cutting the wiring its just plug and play. Only the wire of parking light is tapped so that the parking as well as the angel eye get lit when the parking lights are turned on. The headlight level can be adjusted with the stock leveller switch. setup carries one year replacement warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1394396604812.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1394396649849.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1394396690634.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1394396720891.jpg  

nawabnabeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 02:21   #7987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Projector headlights plus 55w hid 5000k setup of my vento. I must say that this is the best thing that I have done to my car yet. It 100% improvement over the stock halogen plus reflector setup. Night driving is a breeze. No need to use the highbeam. A quick flash of high beam makes trucker dip their headlights. Got the reflectors blacked as it enhances the look. No need of cutting the wiring its just plug and play. Only the wire of parking light is tapped so that the parking as well as the angel eye get lit when the parking lights are turned on. The headlight level can be adjusted with the stock leveller switch. setup carries one year replacement warranty.
Now that looks killer!
BTW how does one get the reflectors blackened? I was thinking of getting it done too.
Old 10th March 2014, 02:35   #7988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
Now that looks killer!
BTW how does one get the reflectors blackened? I was thinking of getting it done too.
You will have to paint it for which you will have to open the headlight housing. But if you don't have a projector setup then blackening must not be done as reflectors are necessary to reflect light from the halogen bulb
nawabnabeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 12:01   #7989
BHPian

Hi All,

I recently upgraded the headlights in my Ertiga to Philips 100/90 bulbs with Philips original relay kit. But, when I switch between high/low beam I hear a 'tick-tick' sound. Not sure if this is from the fuse box (or) if it's from the relay kit. Could you please let me know if this sound is normal (or) there's something alarming that I need to immediately look into. The reason I am asking is I am travelling to Cochin this weekend, so wanted to make sure the lights are good.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:04   #7990
BANNED

Let me add to @Sutripta; the higher brightness is due to running the filaments hotter, so the colour will be whiter/bluer. There is no other was of increasing efficiency. The gas mixture is different so as to withstand the hotter filament with little or no compromise in the life.
Old 10th March 2014, 14:00   #7991
BHPian

This is regarding the DRL Tube lights.

As i was browsing on Aliexpress I came across those lights for around 3k INR.

However the cheapest ones on ebay seem to be 5600 excluding fitting.

1. How much are these fitting charges?
2. When I spoke to my regular accesories guy he told me 9k including fitting so I told him that they are for 5600 online. So he told me that he might not give u warranty on your headlights.

A little confused as to whom to go for.
As per me 99% of the times I dont think the headlights are going to give any trouble in 1 yr .

Should i just buy it from aliexpress and get them fitted through a local guy?

Please enlighten.
Old 10th March 2014, 17:37   #7992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
This is regarding the DRL Tube lights.

As i was browsing on Aliexpress I came across those lights for around 3k INR.

However the cheapest ones on ebay seem to be 5600 excluding fitting.

1. How much are these fitting charges?
2. When I spoke to my regular accesories guy he told me 9k including fitting so I told him that they are for 5600 online. So he told me that he might not give u warranty on your headlights.

A little confused as to whom to go for.
As per me 99% of the times I dont think the headlights are going to give any trouble in 1 yr .

Should i just buy it from aliexpress and get them fitted through a local guy?

Please enlighten.
Better buy and get it installed from a local guy. In case anything goes wrong you can catch him if he has given you warranty. Drl led are only for looks why don't you go for a proper projector plus hid setup.
Old 10th March 2014, 17:47   #7993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi All,

I recently upgraded the headlights in my Ertiga to Philips 100/90 bulbs with Philips original relay kit. But, when I switch between high/low beam I hear a 'tick-tick' sound. Not sure if this is from the fuse box (or) if it's from the relay kit. Could you please let me know if this sound is normal (or) there's something alarming that I need to immediately look into. The reason I am asking is I am travelling to Cochin this weekend, so wanted to make sure the lights are good.
The sound must be of the relay operation and is normal. Where is the relay placed? In the cabin? The relay sound does not bothers me because it is placed in the engine bay and also due to the fact that my dipper/ dimmer control stalk itself makes a prominent click sound, which may 'override' the sound of the relay.

If the relay is within your reach, try feeling it with your hand while some one switches between the beams. That will give you a clue if it is indeed the relay.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 14:11   #7994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
The sound must be of the relay operation and is normal. Where is the relay placed? In the cabin?
Thanks Saket! The relay is placed in the bonnet. As Ertiga's petrol engine is very silent I can hear the 'tick-tick' noise. Let me check the relay as you suggested.
Old 11th March 2014, 21:25   #7995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Better buy and get it installed from a local guy. In case anything goes wrong you can catch him if he has given you warranty. Drl led are only for looks why don't you go for a proper projector plus hid setup.

Cannot extend my budget so much.
Just for my information can u let me know how much they cost?

Most Viewed