Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2013, 19:26   #7741
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Which is a reliable online store to purchase a pair of Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs?
Old 20th November 2013, 21:52   #7742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Which is a reliable online store to purchase a pair of Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs?
I guess eBay.in would be the safest best. Check it out.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 23:56   #7743
BHPian

I have a couple of questions regarding the Bulbs for the fog lamps of my EcoSport and I think you guys could help me out as I'm an amateur in the area.

I'm faced with a small problem with respect to the color mismatch of my headlamp light and that of of my fog lamp light. My car is fitted with projectors with HID bulbs (5000k) and since the fog lamp bulb is the standard Ford one it doesn't match.

1. How can I get the nearest color match (5000k) using the most affordable option?
when I searched for philips bulbs, the nearest I could get was 4300k

http://www.philips.co.in/c/car-lamps...12258cvsm/prd/

OR

http://www.philips.co.in/c/car-lamps...2342bvub1/prd/

http://www.philips.co.in/c/car-lamps...2972bvub1/prd/

2. will the above damage my reflector in the long run?
and would be forced to make a major change in wiring? (in case of H1)

would be very grateful if you can help me out.

A fellow BHPian suggested I go for normal Halogen's in 4800 or6000k colour!
But couldn't find the 6000k (preferred) Halogen's online. (Maybe I'm searching something wrong!)
Could anyone tell me where I can get branded original 6000k Halogen's online or in Mumbai? (the bulb name & Shop name would be very helpful)

Please do feel to correct me if I'm wrong in any of the above.

Last edited by johannskaria : 21st November 2013 at 00:09.
Old 21st November 2013, 12:28   #7744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
I have a couple of questions regarding the Bulbs for the fog lamps of my EcoSport and I think you guys could help me out as I'm an amateur in the area.

I'm faced with a small problem with respect to the color mismatch of my headlamp light and that of of my fog lamp light. My car is fitted with projectors with HID bulbs (5000k) and since the fog lamp bulb is the standard Ford one it doesn't match.

1. How can I get the nearest color match (5000k) using the most affordable option?

But couldn't find the 6000k (preferred) Halogen's online. (Maybe I'm searching something wrong!)
Could anyone tell me where I can get branded original 6000k Halogen's online or in Mumbai? (the bulb name & Shop name would be very helpful)

Firstly, you have done a mistake in going for 5K HID. 4300K would have been the best suited for your headlamps. In that case you can match the fogs with 4300K XV bulbs. Your present HIDs will be quite useless in the monsoon.

There is no chance of reflector damage with the Philips XV and it is simple replacement of the stock bulbs with the XV, no change in wiring is required.
Old 21st November 2013, 22:18   #7745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I ordered one from Ebay.in. auto-furnish is the seller. Rs 1230 inclusive of shipping. I didn't bother to go shop hopping locally on the price. I guess it should be about the same.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 04:03   #7746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Firstly, you have done a mistake in going for 5K HID. 4300K would have been the best suited for your headlamps. In that case you can match the fogs with 4300K XV bulbs. Your present HIDs will be quite useless in the monsoon.

There is no chance of reflector damage with the Philips XV and it is simple replacement of the stock bulbs with the XV, no change in wiring is required.

It is just that I wanted to go anything other than the standard 4300k.
And then change the fig lamp bulb. And I found the 5000k to be bright and really good.
Till now in the torrential August rains of Kerala not much problems were faced. Infact I found the visibility with 5000k to be vastly improved.

okay would go for the Philips. Thank You
Old 23rd November 2013, 05:17   #7747
BHPian

Quote:

http://www.philips.co.in/c/car-lamps...12258cvsm/prd/

OR

http://www.philips.co.in/c/car-lamps...2342bvub1/prd/

http://www.philips.co.in/c/car-lamps...2972bvub1/prd/

I have ordered a pair of philips xtreme visions h7 bulbs for my i20 hi beams at snapdeal.com for 1000. There was a good selection of blue visions, diamond visions etc at the same site. One of them should be a good match for the hids and at a good price. Good choice of hids. I have 6000k hid bi xenons in my baleno which are pure white fixed way back in 2007. The lights are still fantastic in their throw and intensity till date. Looks like the xenons will outlive the car! Monsoons of kerala were not even a prob. In fact while people were parked due to heavy rains, i found my visibility excellent to go pretty fast too. Never tried in foggy weather though. This might pose a problem as the light intensity is very high. So the reflection to the drivers eyes will be stronger too. Another bit of information that may interest you is that after a normal use of about 1 or 2 years the colour of hids shifts ever so slightly towards the yellow side. Not a problem but still its noticable. Enjoy your night drives!
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:47   #7748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till now in the torrential August rains of Kerala not much problems were faced. Infact I found the visibility with 5000k to be vastly improved.

okay would go for the Philips. Thank You
If you don't face a problem it is OK with me.

Philips halogen bulbs are available in 5000K under the brand name Diamond Vision or Crystal Vision. Search for the same if you want to avoid 4300K bulbs.

Last edited by Sommos : 23rd November 2013 at 10:08.
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:51   #7749
BHPian

Has anyone used Hella White Daylight 4400K 120/110W H4 bulbs? How does it compare against Philips Essential Vision 100/90 H4 in terms of absolute output & whiteness? Overall, which one is a better buy? please advice.
Old 23rd November 2013, 13:10   #7750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Has anyone used Hella White Daylight 4400K 120/110W H4 bulbs? How does it compare against Philips Essential Vision 100/90 H4 in terms of absolute output & whiteness? Overall, which one is a better buy? please advice.
I have used the Philips, they were pretty good. Illumination was pretty good, overall a substantial improvement over stock bulbs. However, no experience with hella ones.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:00   #7751
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Sorry - I see your location as Alappuzha. With the drive & crack on the non-stock lights going on, do you really want to spend money on those 100W+ bulbs ?

Even if you want to go for it, I hope you will be adding relay & ceramic holders to handle the extra heat?
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:20   #7752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sorry - I see your location as Alappuzha. With the drive & crack on the non-stock lights going on, do you really want to spend money on those 100W+ bulbs ?

Even if you want to go for it, I hope you will be adding relay & ceramic holders to handle the extra heat?
actually i already have relay & ceramic holders. currently i am using Philips Rally 100/90 with wiring kit & relay. no issues with rally. illumination is really good. the bulb is 3 yrs old now, so it has almost served its lifetime. just wanted to try a 100/90 with more white color as the next option.
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:44   #7753
BANNED

Quote:
I bought my NB+ H4's from Carsnmoree (or something similar) on eBay.in.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 23:11   #7754
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Giveaway thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Can I have a set of 90/100. I need to upgrade my linea lights.
you can't use h4 bulbs in Linea.
Linea comes with h1 & h7
Old 26th November 2013, 16:22   #7755
BHPian

I have installed Philips blue vision 90/100W lamps with a cutout and relay in my Swift Dzire (Old) some two years back. My experience with the power of the lamp is very satisfying during long jouneys. But the right lamp used to fail (high beam) regularly. I replaced half a dozen lamps (each 220Rs) till now.

Now recently the low beam of the headlight failed to work and during a regular service the person at MSM changed some fuses and the low beam started working. But with in a day the high beam stopped working.

Now the same fellow has suggested to replace the wiring kit (with ceramic holders). Any other suggestions please?

Inquired about this in market which costs 450 Rs (local brand) and 600 Rs for Roots make. Will be doing this change tomorrow and update here further.

Most Viewed