Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 23:54   #6991
BHPian

Just now got my Civic back with the 6000k Philips installed (H4/low beam)
Philips 4300 was not available and as Naveen mentioned i guess they have stopped that model and i couldnt wait long as im up for a long drive in a cpl of days and Osram 4300k was out of the question after hearing some people including sommon here mentioning it doesnt last long and i didnt have much time to get a detailed comparison..

Coming to the visibilty part yes there is a marginal difference but then way better than the stock low beams of the Civic so it doesnt bother me much though a little apprehensive how it will be during the rains as sommos mentioned..But then the monsoons are not anytime soon and im gonna ignore that part till that time comes .Overall im very much happy with this though after driving in highway only i could give a better feedback.

Anyway thank you guys for helping me in deciding in a very short notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
That's 4300k Auto Gauge HIDs. Been using them for more than 3 years now. If you can compromise on that small difference, go for 6000k. I too like it's pure light output, but visibility was my main priority.
Keep us posted on the updates.
Naveen ,just curious,can u tell me how much your autogauge 4300 Kit set you back with? i paid 8300 for mine with 6 months warranty (including the fitting charge)

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd March 2013 at 08:06.
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:57   #6992
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Just now got my Civic back with the 6000k Philips installed (H4/low beam)

Naveen ,just curious,can u tell me how much your autogauge 4300 Kit set you back with? i paid 8300 for mine with 6 months warranty (including the fitting charge)

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Hey, what are you waiting for? Upload the pics . Glad you are happy with the results. As for mine, I bought it for 7.5k and that was couple of years back.
Old 2nd March 2013, 13:52   #6993
BHPian

Nowhere is there any mention of a battery + alternator upgrade. There was only one post that mentioned that a Safari alternator (of a higher capacity) was put in a Gypsy.

For those that have a couple of extra lights (say, 2 x 100W) and will do some long night driving at lower speeds (not off roading but bad roads), this upgrade may be necessary. Putting in a higher capacity battery will be no problem, but a higher capacity alternator has to match the physical dimensions of the OE one.

Are there any options out there, say, for a Scorpio?
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:06   #6994
BHPian

Willl take pics tonight and upload.

Just a thought,Can i later switch to 4300k bulbs in this same
ballast (6000k) or i have to change the whole kit?
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:30   #6995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You can use the same ballast as long as you stay with the same wattage and I guess same brand. No issues with that.
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:40   #6996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Ballast is not rated in "K", rather it is rated in "watt" either 35W / 55W.
You can use 4300K HID bulbs with the same ballast.
Now that you have fixed 6000K bulbs don't think about what will happen during the rainy season, just enjoy the highway drive and share the pics with us.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 15:12   #6997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
A slightly different mount option which doesnt need drilling is available for close to half of this site's price on ebay. Can you tell how different these are from the one you have?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/CAR-DOOR-WELC...item41711b8a82
Output looks pretty much the same. For 1250 a pair and no drilling required thats a good find.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 15:27   #6998

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

I am planing to replace 100/90 (with Hella wiring kit) in wagon r with 130/100, has someone used this setup and faced any issues such as burned/blackened reflector since headlight material is plastic in Wagon R.

Which brand would you recommend for 130/100 based on your past experience.

Regards.
I had read up threads on this website before I bought my Ertiga and immediately from the showroom, I drove it to the accessories dealer and asked for the 90/100 lights and bosch relay. He ended up giving me the 100/130 philips lights with the relay.
First night drive that weekend and on the way back from Colaba my lights were burnt out (in about 60 minutes of normal use and very little high beam use on the bandra-worli sea link) and I got the 90/100 (like I had initially asked) as replacement. The 100/130 lights didn't even last long enough to blacken the reflectors or anything like that.
Hence I would recommend 90/100 over the 100/130 from my own experience.
Old 8th March 2013, 09:29   #6999
Senior - BHPian

This one is a big thread. wow!!!

I am planning to upgrade my Ritz headlamp bulbs. no plan to put a higher wattage bulb, just a swap of better bulb with same 60/55W wattage. Preference is to put XV or NB+. I bought this Ritz used few months back.

I checked the current bulb and it shows Philips H4 12342 LL 12V 60/55 E1 2C3 U. Did a quick check of this bulb at Phillips website, it shows just "Premium" and "30% extra light".

Given that I already have some sort of a Philips bulb (appreciate if any one can give more details of the present bulb), does upgrading to XV or NB+ give me any significant benefit?

Last edited by arjithin : 8th March 2013 at 09:44.
Old 8th March 2013, 10:09   #7000
Senior - BHPian

Get the NB+. It will make a lot of difference. But having gone through almost all major brands and types of bulbs, i found myself sticking to el cheapo 130w rally bulbs the best option
Old 8th March 2013, 11:19   #7001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I was just going through Osram Night Breaker specification and came across a very surprising stuff, the life of the lamp as stated is only 260 hrs while that of normal h4 bulb is more than 800 hrs. I'm confused, Am I missing something?
That explains why low-beams on my Ritz went out after less than 2 years of usage. Right now, living with fogs and parking lights and occasional high beam flashes (which still work).

What are the options for replacement? I prefer to remain in the same (legal) wattage range and not change the wiring. Is Osram NB+ still the best option? Or, is there something better available (say from Philips)?

Many thanks,
Su-47
Old 8th March 2013, 11:40   #7002
BANNED

Not at all surprising. As I said many pages ago, the NB+ or XV run hotter (albeit with a different gas mixture) so I will expect them to last less.
Old 8th March 2013, 12:58   #7003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
What are the options for replacement? I prefer to remain in the same (legal) wattage range and not change the wiring. Is Osram NB+ still the best option? Or, is there something better available (say from Philips)?

Many thanks,
Su-47
There is not much difference between NB+ and XV.
You can choose any one of the two, but NB+ made in Germany are easily available in the market, so recommend the same.
Old 8th March 2013, 13:50   #7004
Senior - BHPian

If I get a mechanic to replace the stock bulb in my prev-gen Swift, either with Osram NB+ or say a 100/90w with relay and the works, is there a chance that he might screw up the Headlight alignment. Reason I ask is because the low/high beam alignment in my car is just perfect and I want to take all precautions so that the change doesn't mess up the alignment.

Two more questions -
1) Is the stock bulb H4 type in prev-gen Swift?
2) Is the fog lamp H8 type? If so which is the brightest bulb I can put in as fog lamps that doesn't damage the reflectors?
Old 8th March 2013, 23:24   #7005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
If I get a mechanic to replace the stock bulb in my prev-gen Swift, either with Osram NB+ or say a 100/90w with relay and the works, is there a chance that he might screw up the Headlight alignment. Reason I ask is because the low/high beam alignment in my car is just perfect and I want to take all precautions so that the change doesn't mess up the alignment.

Two more questions -
1) Is the stock bulb H4 type in prev-gen Swift?
2) Is the fog lamp H8 type? If so which is the brightest bulb I can put in as fog lamps that doesn't damage the reflectors?
I don't think if you just replace the bulb there will be an issues.
Yes it should be a h4.
I don't think you will get better h8 bulbs . Try HID for fog lamps, may be 4300k or below .
Hope it helps
Cheers

Most Viewed