Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2013, 20:00   #6976
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Got it online from dailyobjects.com .inr 1700 for 2.(There are other brands as well vw/honda/suzuki etc)

Got it fitted through a local accessory shop ,this requires a drill towards the bottom of the door for the lights to be placed there.the moment you open the door it will flash on the floor.

You can always have an on/off switch option incase you dont want it to beam everytime

Cheers,

RR
Where is the power tapped from? Did it involve cutting wires?
Old 28th February 2013, 23:14   #6977
Senior - BHPian

I am facing an unusual issue with my RHS car bulb, It switches on and off on its own

It started happening since yesterday, While coming back home, I switched on the lights and after a while, RHS switched off on its own. Then, after a second or 2, I passed through a rough patch of road and Voila, It came back to life.

And, then again, if went off, I then moved the lever to high beam, Then it again came on, then it worked fine on low beam too.

But again same happened today and switching to highbeam and then to low, It started working

Earlier, i though, it would be the bulb, but then it should not work at all on Low beam, No ?

BTW i have halnoex 90/100 bulbs and relay ( i don't remember the name ).

Any one faced this issue ? or i am the first one ? lol
Old 28th February 2013, 23:36   #6978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I am facing an unusual issue with my RHS car bulb, It switches on and off on its own

It started happening since yesterday, While coming back home, I switched on the lights and after a while, RHS switched off on its own. Then, after a second or 2, I passed through a rough patch of road and Voila, It came back to life.

And, then again, if went off, I then moved the lever to high beam, Then it again came on, then it worked fine on low beam too.

But again same happened today and switching to highbeam and then to low, It started working

Earlier, i though, it would be the bulb, but then it should not work at all on Low beam, No ?

BTW i have halnoex 90/100 bulbs and relay ( i don't remember the name ).

Any one faced this issue ? or i am the first one ? lol
The relay must have got some deposits on the connectors. See if cleaning helps, otherwise its time change the relay.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 23:42   #6979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
The relay must have got some deposits on the connectors. See if cleaning helps, otherwise its time change the relay.
Even, i was thinking of the same. I will check the relay tomorrow and if it doesn't work out. I'll get a new relay

Thanks!
Old 1st March 2013, 09:33   #6980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
The deposit can be on the contact points on the holder also or the holder maybe slightly loose.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 10:11   #6981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Where is the power tapped from? Did it involve cutting wires?
Its sources power from the door ajar light/connection,the ghost light unit wire was attached to that source ,yes wires were cut and tapped.
Old 1st March 2013, 10:42   #6982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Got it online from dailyobjects.com .inr 1700 for 2.(There are other --------------------------------SNIP---------------------ch option incase you dont want it to beam everytime

Cheers,

RR
A slightly different mount option which doesnt need drilling is available for close to half of this site's price on ebay. Can you tell how different these are from the one you have?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/CAR-DOOR-WELC...item41711b8a82
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 13:21   #6983
BHPian

Guys,Im contemplating on changing the Low beam for my Civic 2007 and i got a Quote of 8.5k for Philips 4200k and 6000 k (price is same for both) .can anyone here tell me which is good 4200k or 6000k (Better visibility) and also the price i got is reasonable, if not how much and where i can get it in Bangalore..

I heard Philips is the best we get here so haven't checked any other brands .But if anyone knows any other brand which is better than Philips please advise me.Have to decide by tomorrow.
Old 1st March 2013, 13:26   #6984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Guys,Im contemplating on changing the Low beam for my Civic 2007 and i got a Quote of 8.5k for Philips 4200k and 6000 k (price is same for both) .can anyone here tell me which is good 4200k or 6000k (Better visibility) and also the price i got is reasonable
The price looks reasonable. Most likely it will be Chinese made since it's hard to find german make nowadays (heard from my friends who recently bought Philips HIDs). As for better visibility, go for 4300k HIDs.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 14:49   #6985
BHPian

Naveen,

Just Now called my dealer and im told they dont have 4300k Philips in stock only 6000k. But He said in 4300k Osram is available..He told it not much of a difference and 6000k visibility is good though not pure white as 4300k...so which one should i go for.im tempted to go for Philips though i know Osram is a good brand too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The price looks reasonable. Most likely it will be Chinese made since it's hard to find german make nowadays (heard from my friends who recently bought Philips HIDs). As for better visibility, go for 4300k HIDs.
Old 1st March 2013, 14:56   #6986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Naveen,

Just Now called my dealer and im told they dont have 4300k Philips in stock only 6000k. But He said in 4300k Osram is available..He told it not much of a difference and 6000k visibility is good though not pure white as 4300k...so which one should i go for.im tempted to go for Philips though i know Osram is a good brand too.
It will be hard to find 4300k Philips since they stopped it's production (as per the experts). There will be a marginal difference in both where 4300k will be the best. What's the price difference? If it's huge, go for Osram. Pretty good brand.

You got one thing wrong. 6000k is pure white, something similar to household tubes. 4300k is white with a tinge of yellow. Startup of 4300k is pure white and turns yellow after warmup.

Here's a video of my car

Last edited by naveen.raju : 1st March 2013 at 14:58.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 15:16   #6987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

You got one thing wrong. 6000k is pure white, something similar to household tubes. 4300k is white with a tinge of yellow. Startup of 4300k is pure white and turns yellow after warmup.

Here's a video of my car
http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=UlhziNC8DME

MY Bad.Is that 4300 or 6000 on ur Car?

Osram is some 300rs more. Im thinking of going for the 6000k Philips as i smhw like the pure white better than the yellowish white (If its not compromising visibilty much,small diff i can live with).
Old 1st March 2013, 15:19   #6988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Osram is some 300rs more. Im thinking of going for the 6000k Philips as i smhw like the pure white better than the yellowish white (If its not compromising visibilty much,small diff i can live with).
That's 4300k Auto Gauge HIDs. Been using them for more than 3 years now. If you can compromise on that small difference, go for 6000k. I too like it's pure light output, but visibility was my main priority.
Keep us posted on the updates.
Old 1st March 2013, 15:30   #6989
BHPian

Quote:
Naveen,

HiI would recommend Philips over Osram. The wait is worth the while. Suggest you use Philips relay as well. I have used both and twice in life Osram have gone kaput

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 16:15   #6990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You will have problem with the 6000K only during the rains.
Now you won't feel any problem with visibility, rather you would like the pure white light.
If it can be arranged soon better to wait for the 4300K phillips, or check with other vendors.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks