Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2013, 14:11   #7126
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Nothing on eBay.in sadly.
Buying from eBay.com means shipping to India plus customs which would make it expensive.(
Do a search for H4 Osram Night Breaker. I found many. For example http://www.ebay.in/itm/100-Original-...item3cc1091a40 at Rs.1150 for the pair.
Old 9th April 2013, 15:28   #7127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
NB+ in H4 type is not that costly. Other types are expensive I think and there is minimal discount. E.g h7 is 1,600 mrp.
I've NB+ H7 and H1 in my Linea. I got both @ Rs. 1100.00 per pair from the local accessory shop. The H7 were fitted in October' 12 and the H1 in Jan' 13.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 21:53   #7128

Is Beam adjustment required after changing to Philips X-tremeVision H4

Picked a pair of Philips X-tremeVision H4 from AK traders - ₹900 all inclusive.

I strongly believe these bulbs elicit a beam adjustment to draw the best out of them & mere plug & play wont do.

Beam adjustment along the lines of this superb post by audioholic

Anyone DIYed a beam adjustment after a bulb upgrade, please confirm if the results were positive.

Thanks!
Old 16th April 2013, 00:24   #7129
BHPian

Hi

I need suggestion with respect to the headlights. My car majorly does only highway runs and whenever i have traveled at night, the lights have been a major concern. I definitely do not want to go for 100/90 alternative as I don't want to tamper with the wiring in any manner.

Now the alternative i think is to change the bulbs to philips xtreme vision or osram NB+. I personally would like to pick philips xtreme vision as the reviews suggest it to have an edge over osram. Secondly, once I change the headlight bulbs, what about the fog light bulbs? I think the whiteness in the headlight bulbs would not go very well with the yellowish fog light bulbs. Or will it be ok? What do u suggest? Do we get philips xtreme vision fog light bulbs also?
Old 16th April 2013, 01:01   #7130
BHPian

Friends looking for DRL with xenon and angel eyes with pure white light (no blueish) on my new polo (or vento) that is booked. Please let me know a site where I can straight away buy from and get it fitted here in Mumbai or point me to a place in Mumbai who can do it for me. I want top quality like the ones on really high end cars and not the cheap Chinese versions. Any help or pointer is appreciated. Thanks ! The car has to look smoking hot, elite and real mean, period "
Old 16th April 2013, 09:20   #7131
BANNED

@Frontosa; For white stick to 4300K or lower. finding good HIDs and (more important) reliable AC ballasts is very tricky. The former will be taken care in your Projectors. In the worst case you may have to get Projector kits, and then replace the ballasts.
Old 16th April 2013, 12:26   #7132

Philips xtreme vision H11 bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Do we get philips xtreme vision fog light bulbs also?
I scoured the market in Bengaluru yesterday.
There are no Philips XV H11 bulbs (assuming your fogs are H11) in the market. Not listed on philips.co.in either.
The next lower in the line Philips Power2Night on philips.co.in, no supplies at all to the dealer. Same case with equivalent Osram Silverstar H11.
One may get lucky finding H11 NB+. Effectiveness of H11 NB+ in fog lamps, I'm in no position to comment.
kaveman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 13:32   #7133
BHPian

Re: Philips xtreme vision H11 bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveman View Post
I scoured the market in Bengaluru yesterday.
There are no Philips XV H11 bulbs (assuming your fogs are H11) in the market. Not listed on philips.co.in either.
The next lower in the line Philips Power2Night on philips.co.in, no supplies at all to the dealer. Same case with equivalent Osram Silverstar H11.
One may get lucky finding H11 NB+. Effectiveness of H11 NB+ in fog lamps, I'm in no position to comment.
Thanks for the info! But what do u think would be the difference with philips XV in the headlights and stock bulbs in the fog? Will there be colour difference or will it differ only in intensity?
Old 16th April 2013, 22:54   #7134

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

@torque18
Subjectively thinking : what if XV's beam drowns the stock fog beam.
As such the stock H11 halogens at 3200K? do a nice job of illuminating the edges without glare.

Cant comment yet. Havent plugged in the XVs. & will be driving into real fog only in a months time.
Old 17th April 2013, 14:17   #7135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Friends looking for DRL with xenon and angel eyes with pure white light (no blueish) on my new polo (or vento) that is booked. Please let me know a site where I can straight away buy from and get it fitted here in Mumbai or point me to a place in Mumbai who can do it for me. I want top quality like the ones on really high end cars and not the cheap Chinese versions. Any help or pointer is appreciated. Thanks ! The car has to look smoking hot, elite and real mean, period "
frontosa, i share your sentiments. i am too looking at upgrading my fabia 1.6 to projectors HID. any pointers or leads will be helpful.
smally is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 13:48   #7136
BHPian

Nobody knows who can do it ? Well if not that can someone point out a link or something where I can see which models fit and how ? Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 14:29   #7137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Nobody knows who can do it ? Well if not that can someone point out a link or something where I can see which models fit and how ? Thanks
There's a dedicated thread for this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-vw-vento.html

This installer is my friend who does custom projectors for all cars ad he is based in Mumbai. He can work on your existing headlight and customize accordingly. Check the thread for his contact details. FYI, most of the after market kits are from China,Singapore and the surrounding countries. I have been using one for the past 3+ years. Doing a good job.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 00:36   #7138
BHPian

XUV Extra Lightings

Hello Folks,

I own a Silver 2013 Jan Mahindra XUV 5oo.

I do frequent highway runs and i find that, the vehicle needs an extra pair of eyes!
I am looking to serve 2 purposes : Ofcourse butch look with a pair of extra head lights and better night drive visibility for long beam (far end lighting).

On the technical front, XUV lighting is very good for near end lighting of the road. Hence far throw is one of the requirements.

The other things i want to know from fellow T-bhpians is the stuff related:
1. mounting point
2. Battery support for extra pair of lights
3. modifications needed

Pls help. I dont really want to leave the vehicle at the mercy of a local auto dealer without knowing whats the best way to go about this upgrade.

Regards
Pramod
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:32   #7139
BHPian

Re: XUV Extra Lightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Hello Folks,

I own a Silver 2013 Jan Mahindra XUV 5oo.

I do frequent highway runs and i find that, the vehicle needs an extra pair of eyes!
I am looking to serve 2 purposes : Ofcourse butch look with a pair of extra head lights and better night drive visibility for long beam (far end lighting).

On the technical front, XUV lighting is very good for near end lighting of the road. Hence far throw is one of the requirements.
Mahindra XUV 5oo does have one of the best OE light combination around. I have not driven it at night myslef from from the vehicles that I have seen I can say for sure that OE lights are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
The other things i want to know from fellow T-bhpians is the stuff related:
1. mounting point
2. Battery support for extra pair of lights
3. modifications needed

Pls help. I dont really want to leave the vehicle at the mercy of a local auto dealer without knowing whats the best way to go about this upgrade.

Regards
Pramod
While the OE are still good and if you do still want to install an extra set of eyes -
1. The mount should come in from behind the bumper. The lights should sit on them and the screw be tightened at the base.
2. Obviously there will be a relay. Additional lights should not be fixed without a relay.
3. The clamps, the wiring, the relay, earthing, switch - usual work.

I have used Light Force extensively and they are certainly good. Other lights in the market include Hella, X-Ray vision, KC hilites, Warn, Rugged Ridge and several others. Most, if not all, have a lens for scattered or focussed light.

Being responsible BHPian I would urge you to keep them covered while driving in city and on 2 lane roads.

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:47   #7140
BHPian

thanks naveen raju... the guy you are recommending is vinit right? atleast that's what i gathered from your vento thread. correct me if i am wrong.
there's also mention of four seasons doing these kind of jobs. do you think it would be a good place to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
There's a dedicated thread for this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-vw-vento.html

This installer is my friend who does custom projectors for all cars ad he is based in Mumbai. He can work on your existing headlight and customize accordingly. Check the thread for his contact details. FYI, most of the after market kits are from China,Singapore and the surrounding countries. I have been using one for the past 3+ years. Doing a good job.

Most Viewed